Devs only allowed to play power Necro

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Devs should only be allowed to play power necromancer in spvp until the next update. And they should stream

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Have you seen the Anet group PvP?

I saw about 2-3 of them sitting in the PvP lounge, and none of them were in ruby ranking.

Not even Anet cares for ranked game play and if you spot people streaming seeing Devs in there match, ohhh man the farming that happens. OHHHHH so much farming

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

You should try playing against the actual PvP players in the Anet dev team. Those guys are nothing to scuff at.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I saw about 2-3 of them sitting in the PvP lounge, and none of them were in ruby ranking.

Not even Anet cares for ranked game play and if you spot people streaming seeing Devs in there match, ohhh man the farming that happens. OHHHHH so much farming

Probably because they know how toxic the ranked community can be. I know a few people who were legend the previous season but didn’t play this season due to the increased toxicity of the player base.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Probably because they know how toxic the ranked community can be. I know a few people who were legend the previous season but didn’t play this season due to the increased toxicity of the player base.

Pffft, any competitive team game. Go play 1k hours at 3k mmr dota only as a position 5 support, then come back and tell me gw2 community is toxic.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

You should try playing against the actual PvP players in the Anet dev team. Those guys are nothing to scuff at.

Can’t tell if serious…

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Im afraid it will look something like this.

I found this video being posted by a normal, constructive, and semi experienced gw2 forum poster.
Now imagine, what conclusions the ultra casualistic party of Arenanet will make from it….

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

\o this season sapphire 35/41 win/matches ratio. stopped the last season (summer). came back for this season stopped at saph…. not for summer…

(edited by Acnologia.6934)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I didnt say all of them, i can only talk about the ones ive seen in PvP and the people who i didnt see play with ranking by there head.

I can not speak for the serious players, though i am generalizing them as a whole for argumentative purposes.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

devs on marked accounts in any game are always bad, because marked accounts are PR accounts.
The actual devs have personal unmarked accounts that they presumably play serious on.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

How about just asking them to play sPvP period? It’s clear that they barely do it (or don’t really take it seriously). Otherwise, they wouldn’t have needed a poll from the player base to tell them the obvious.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

devs on marked accounts in any game are always bad, because marked accounts are PR accounts.
The actual devs have personal unmarked accounts that they presumably play serious on.

Thats fine but it just doesnt show well when the marked accounts get on and play. And you win a 1 vs 1 holding the staff 1 button on ranger …………………………..

Or when helseth says we are gonna get thief nerfed against 2-3 Anet devs and then they nerf thief.

Just alot of this, alot of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

Funnily enough I mostly played power necro when climbing to legend last season. The build I played is pretty janky, but it was a fun change of pace and ended up being a bit better than I expected.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6kZTocTsbTwdTgeTsgLYQXtAwBgKN0GeWxXxuYYE-TpBFABMcEAA4BAU/+DNcIAEvMABnAAA

Depending on the amount of condi builds on the enemy team I would swap in plague signet, and if the enemy comp was super condi heavy I would swap SR for curses to get the extra plague signet proc as well.

Not trying to say power necro is top tier or anything but it was good enough to win games with and pretty fun to play.

cmc in game

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Funnily enough I mostly played power necro when climbing to legend last season. The build I played is pretty janky, but it was a fun change of pace and ended up being a bit better than I expected.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6kZTocTsbTwdTgeTsgLYQXtAwBgKN0GeWxXxuYYE-TpBFABMcEAA4BAU/+DNcIAEvMABnAAA

Depending on the amount of condi builds on the enemy team I would swap in plague signet, and if the enemy comp was super condi heavy I would swap SR for curses to get the extra plague signet proc as well.

Not trying to say power necro is top tier or anything but it was good enough to win games with and pretty fun to play.

A Red post in the pvp forums!!!! Showing he plays!!!! Is this real life????

But for reals anything is possible for the previous seasons of ranked, it was Meta/certain builds had easier time than the non but the others could still be used for profit depending on the skill of the pilot, more polishing needs to happen and bringing underwhelming options up to viability on a lot of classes

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

What, no greatsword?

in PvP

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

What, no greatsword?

Warhorn and Staff are both so strong that it’s hard to run greatsword

cmc in game

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Why don’t you go play core thief to legend – let’s see how you enjoy abundance of blocks and reveals that you guys added to game.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

well lets ruin my points even more by saying I myself went mostly GS necro last season to reach legendary. This still doesn’t make GS a better choice

BTW I got my dark harvest finally…

Attachments:

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in PvP

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Why don’t you go play core thief to legend – let’s see how you enjoy abundance of blocks and reveals that you guys added to game.

a thief crying about stealth? Ahahaha this made my day. Thief has the lowest CD on blocks, has enough evades, ports, dodge attackes and stealth btw. and they still cry. sorry im cracking up, always good to laugh in the morning.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Getting to legend on a grind based system last season, color me shocked.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

a thief crying about stealth? Ahahaha this made my day. Thief has the lowest CD on blocks, has enough evades, ports, dodge attackes and stealth btw. and they still cry. sorry im cracking up, always good to laugh in the morning.

^^What a trash post.

It is not crying, it is valid complain. Thanks to abundance of the AoE and reveals introduced with HoT the stealth builds (aka core) were effectively deleted from pvp – meaning balancing team did a very very very poor job (unless it was on purpose, which is even worse and i have a feeling this was the case).
Trickery was always mandatory, DD became also a must have since there is no alternative left, which leaves thief with 1 option for trait line which once again is basically mandatory.

Block requires DD and eats utility slot. Evades are provided by either condi d/d that can’t kill anything and still requires DD, s/d that gets nuked by everything or DD – mandatory once again. Thieves don’t have THAT many ports actually – shs is long cd, steal is also on relative long CD, sb5 locks you in a weaponset that otherwise is pretty useless in most cases. Bound requires DD – once again DD is mandatory, 0 alternative. Stealth is hardcountered and is hardly useful in combat nowadays.

My complain is that due to crappy balancing job and poor decisions they forced thieves into dodge spam DD and removed every other build from pvp. But here, a vial for all your salt, you obviously need it.

Attachments:

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Hey CMC, why don’t you guys do something about GS if you already acknowledge that it is behind staff and main hand/wh for power builds? What’s the problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Rigante.2470

Rigante.2470

Getting to legendary is meaningless and even if it meant something that doesn’t mean you know how a game should be balanced. Some of the worst opinions are given by so called experts. To give a sports analogy some of the worst commentary I ever here comes from ex players. Probably because they are so skilled they think everyone should be able to do what they do or they don’t realise what there elite skill level allowed them to overcome. When possible the consensus should be taken (unless its clearly wrong which is exceedingly rare with markets) and I think its pretty clear most people think the Necro is lacking a bit overall regardless of whether it can be effective or not in the right situation. Too many stars have to align right now for them and on top of that there is almost no build diversity at all. They are not in a “good situation” or whatever laughable propaganda was used in the last patch notes.

(edited by Rigante.2470)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

What, no greatsword?

That’s a very optimistic way of saying that Greatsword is so bad off that it’s even inferior for power builds, but it’s nice to see a dev admit it.

I gotta say, I’m surprised that necro GS hasn’t been a giant red flag for the balance team. It’s been a weapon that’s been shown to be a bad decision for every build in every aspect of the game ever since it was released, which is sad considering how much potential it had.

I know the direction for balance has been steady shaves instead of big swings that overcompensate, but this weapon needs something much more than a minor shave to ever see legitimate use.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

With all those shouts you should have went with Augury of Death instead of Chilling Nova.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Zicarous.2134

Zicarous.2134

i love my power necro

in PvP

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

Hey CMC, why don’t you guys do something about GS if you already acknowledge that it is behind staff and main hand/wh for power builds? What’s the problem?

I don’t think staff is strictly better on power builds, but I valued the condi transfer, unblockable fear, and ranged life force generation pretty highly. I really wanted to run 5 shouts to maximize value with reaper rune and vuln on chill trait, so staff filled a lot of holes. I haven’t played much with GS but I imagine the build would be significantly different. Might try some stuff out this weekend for fun.

cmc in game

in PvP

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

I don’t think staff is strictly better on power builds, but I valued the condi transfer, unblockable fear, and ranged life force generation pretty highly. I really wanted to run 5 shouts to maximize value with reaper rune and vuln on chill trait, so staff filled a lot of holes. I haven’t played much with GS but I imagine the build would be significantly different. Might try some stuff out this weekend for fun.

Quick question, is there anyone to answer wvw posts like you answer in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

You are quite brave to make a post about power reaper

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Great to have a dev in the forums. Been seeing more anet in wvw as well.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

They won’t actually say GS is bad. They can’t. It’s obvious to thousands of players but apparently either not to them or they just don’t want to admit it for some reason.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

BTW GS 5 is bugged as hell. Doesn’t even show up half the time.

I’d suggest removing the targeting and replace it with a free cast ground target like wars gs3. As i usually do

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

What was your win/loss %?

Did you solo or group que?

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t put much stock in “legend”.

I find almost ANY build can be successful in an organized team where you bring the right mix of builds/professions/communication.

If you were able to succeed in strictly solo que with that build, that’s great, but how many games did it take?

IMO, necros are far too weak at the start of the match. Most of their defenses and traits aren’t even usable without life force. This would be fine if they were a 1v2 juggernaut with full life force to offset the weakness, but, even with full life force, it’s a defense that doesn’t scale versus multiple people.

If you want my suggestion, there are 2 tweaks that could help diminish the delta in survivablity SLIGHTLY between necros and others at the start of a match.

First, you could revert the Blighter Boon nerf which would allow teammate boons to help generate life force. Every other class can synchronize things like immob, traps, etc to create “OP” type combos, yet a necro going through the trouble of getting a boon sharing teammate and staying close to him was too OP???

Second, Lich gave necros a 180 second cooldown elite that they could pop at the beginning of matches in case they were zerged. It didn’t help all the time, but it at least gave some classes reason to run. Now, after all the nerfs, it’s a joke. Nobody runs and even some classes stand toe-to-toe with it 1v1. How is it OP to have a 180 second cooldown actually help you defend SLIGHTLY and SOMETIMES against a zerg???

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Read; “I can’t believe someone thought slow weapons would work in a button mashing game. It wasn’t me, players, honest!”

[I think it was Robert]

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Still don’t see the merit of complaints on GS. Been using it since the HoT beta and have had next to zero issues. I actually find it better than most of the weapons if you learn to use it properly for what it is instead of mashing 1 and thinking you’ll keep pace chasing people without a movespeed bonus.

You want to talk about a bad weapon… OH dagger on thief is so much worse than GS it’s pitiful.

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Just dropping by to give a shout out to cmc, the dankest D/D Soldier’s ele of all time. A true solo queue hero. Neva 4get.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

He is not a dev. He’s a QA embed, basically like Gaile, he holds little sway on balancing decisions by a dev team.

The devs have said it’s not their job to communicate to the community, which is why they hire community reps and send lower ranking employees to deliver their canned messages about whatever changes for a patch.

Many of the devs that were here for GW2’s release are not even here anymore.

Chapman, Peters, they’re gone.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Is everyone blind? It’s freaking cmc. You know, weeb streamer extraordinaire?

He works for Anet now. I mean he was never some pro PvPer, but he’s probably still better than 90% of the people on this board.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Is everyone blind? It’s freaking cmc. You know, weeb streamer extraordinaire?

He works for Anet now. I mean he was never some pro PvPer, but he’s probably still better than 90% of the people on this board.

Which still doesn’t change the fact he’s not a dev. Powerr was also a streamer/competitive pvp guy who got temporarily hired by Anet (and then moved with QA firm to other projects).

in PvP

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

He is not a dev. He’s a QA embed, basically like Gaile, he holds little sway on balancing decisions by a dev team.

The devs have said it’s not their job to communicate to the community, which is why they hire community reps and send lower ranking employees to deliver their canned messages about whatever changes for a patch.

Many of the devs that were here for GW2’s release are not even here anymore.

Chapman, Peters, they’re gone.

Meh I’m a dev and I hate talking with clients. Try working for marketing guys. They want to talk on the phone for hours, piling on work and never letting you actually get anything done.

Just having someone from anet around is a good thing. Actual dev team hours are probably better spent on the game anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

I wonder why your build has a shout in every slot but does not use Augury of Death.

in PvP

Posted by: xp eke xp.6724

xp eke xp.6724

@Marxx: more chill uptime? by the same dmg, but why soulreaping if your 100% dead if a player wants it? if you got dmg increase by bloodmagic, for you and your team, even without signets, so they have to kill you now xD
@Zenith: maybe arenanet nows what they do?

in PvP

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

On my alt account I only solo queued. Necro 68-30, Warrior 31-21. Overall 99-51
Main account was probably around 90% solo, 10% duo. Don’t have the exact class splits for these games but probably about 60/40 necro/warrior 109-62

I wonder why your build has a shout in every slot but does not use Augury of Death.

This build was largely focused on maximizing burst, so chilling nova got the nod. I would use augury if I was going for a more attrition-based plan.

Played some GS games over the weekend. I think a more bruisery/attrition plan suits GS better to help mitigate some of the slow skills. 4 skill is good. 5 sets up 2. AA chain is pretty reasonable. The 3 skill was pretty unexciting for the most part but vuln+lf is ok. Overall the build played pretty well. GS definitely struggles to close the gap if the 5 gets dodged, but the axe swap fills that hole. Whether dagger/x would be better than GS in the same build is another question, but for the most part I felt like I was getting value from GS. Not trying to say the weapon is perfect but it doesn’t seem to be dead weight either.

Maximum jank GS build if anyone is interested: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kZTozGsbTwdTgeTsgLYQXtAwBIuK2FDjS9guWYD-TpBFABN8AA+vMAAHEACOCA1v/ADXAAA

cmc in game

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Main account was probably around 90% solo, 10% duo. Don’t have the exact class splits for these games but probably about 60/40 necro/warrior 109-62

This build was largely focused on maximizing burst, so chilling nova got the nod. I would use augury if I was going for a more attrition-based plan.

Played some GS games over the weekend. I think a more bruisery/attrition plan suits GS better to help mitigate some of the slow skills. 4 skill is good. 5 sets up 2. AA chain is pretty reasonable. The 3 skill was pretty unexciting for the most part but vuln+lf is ok. Overall the build played pretty well. GS definitely struggles to close the gap if the 5 gets dodged, but the axe swap fills that hole. Whether dagger/x would be better than GS in the same build is another question, but for the most part I felt like I was getting value from GS. Not trying to say the weapon is perfect but it doesn’t seem to be dead weight either.

Maximum jank GS build if anyone is interested: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kZTozGsbTwdTgeTsgLYQXtAwBIuK2FDjS9guWYD-TpBFABN8AA+vMAAHEACOCA1v/ADXAAA

Im sorry , i dont want to be that guy but, if u running around with gs as a necro while soloing u just gonna die a lot really a lot, the weapon is so slow and u just cant hit any 1 with it.
If u think the weapon is fun its ok , but dont try to tell me that the weapon is viable in pvp.
No range, slow , and on top u have no way to negate damage , so when u will get target running a power build with a gs as a necro while soloing u just going to die non stop vs normal players, pliz dont insult us coming in here saying u running a power build with gs really, its a bit insulting.
U can run a power build with dagger , some wells and even so u need to really be carefull, but a gs…..
I wish u could stream your play running gs while pvping, so i could understand better.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

It interesting that you say 5 sets up 2. From my experience that combo doesnt really work well and is actually one of my problems with the weapon (the other is the lack of gap closers, i still think death spiral should be a short 450 range dash/teleport/leap).

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I like to admire the Dev for actually posting the build he runs. That’s like.. beyond a rarity on these forums. Like drinking nectar from the Pale Tree.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Flumek.9043

5 sets up 2.

Hello.
Ive been reading reading this thread for a while and definetly enjoyed the red posts, was about to tell others to go easy on him as hes very friendly here.

But here i got triggered.

A) gs is bad
B) gs is unreliable trash
C) ….pasta all common rants

D) THE MAIN BREAD AND BUTTER SKILL DOESNT EVEN COMBO WITH ITS OWN PULL.

it simply doesnt. Anyone under 200ms ping CAN DODGE the slow incomming gs2.
The stun vs cast animation simply dont add up.

That to me is the biggest design fail in the weapon.

Ill stop here as this is not a bash, i rather wanted to point out some probably overlooked info.

P.S.
(The 5 skill is also a fiasco like it was made by Apple.
Reinvented guardian gs5 most reliable pull in 360 degrees.
Necro pull is 30 degrees of 80% failure, but with cool looks, specifically mentioned cool new tech in beta. Wasting such manhours deserves an apple sticker imo)

in PvP

Flumek.9043

But like promised ill post some stuff i and probably others liked

-a red post about pvp
- necro on top
- a dev using a real build, no roleplay but the actual real build real power necro hipsters use
- he got to legend with it

It would be great to see some more following this example.
It could lead to a meanigfull discussion on which percentiles the divisions should be placed or where certain builds reach their limit.

P.S.
Gl Cohen and keep the chilling nova, all the power nec weaponsets need its extra dmg imo

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

What is power creep after HoT of NEC? Reaper? GS?
You should give them a real power creep like other class.
They look like a punch bag now.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Takes balls to not only post, but also discuss builds on this forum as a Dev. Cool to see that.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144