Diamond Skin is absolute Rubbish

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

You now have to be STRUCK for it to activate. An ele getting struck is NOT above 75% health. And what is up with Anet’s obsession with making eles have to get struck to do anything?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Am I missing something here?
You have to get struck in order to have condis on you in the first place.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Question is, will it remove the condi you got struck with? … will it work on pulsing condis like necro’s well of corruption?

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Posted by: Foggy.9213

Foggy.9213

This is going worst.. and worst and worst

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

If you have 3 conditions on you, you have to be physically hit 3 times to remove them. With a cooldown of 1 second. Oh and you have to be above 75% health.

The trait is absolute trash now.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Hi there, welcome to how the rest of the game deals with condies. Hope you enjoy.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

If you have 3 conditions on you, you have to be physically hit 3 times to remove them. With a cooldown of 1 second. Oh and you have to be above 75% health.

The trait is absolute trash now.

Try warri Berserk util now,and come back at me..I havn’t rlly had the chance to fight an ele 1on1 yet to see how diamond skin works out now,but it all seems a push to more condi with less counterplay against it.I actually thought when i read the notes that the diamond skin change was gonna be a buff instead of a nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Shame condis carry people rather than the player carrying themselves

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in PvP

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

It is pretty trashy. It really shouldn’t have a health requirement considering it is every time you get hit.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Shame condis carry people rather than the player carrying themselves

True,i play condi alot myself on warr,i can do things on it im never able to do on power ( blocks/dodge/ports/blinds etc etc ).It is easier to land your condis and let it tick while you arn’t even close anymore as opposed to power where every hit needs to land,condi > power theres no doubt about it imo.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

It will probably clean a random condition, like every condition clean skill.
But…ehy… it’s a free condition remove every 1 sec (in a fight you will always be hitted, by high or low amounts).
If someone spam conditions on you he have to hit you, then every sec you remove a condition why he’kittenting you.
The well of necro hit you when corrupt your boon, then proc your diamond skin, yes. The well corrupt a boon and the DS clean a condition (not only the new one, I think).

It’s a really strong trait, really really strong.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

It will probably clean a random condition, like every condition clean skill.
But…ehy… it’s a free condition remove every 1 sec (in a fight you will always be hitted, by high or low amounts).
If someone spam conditions on you he have to hit you, then every sec you remove a condition why he’kittenting you.
The well of necro hit you when corrupt your boon, then proc your diamond skin, yes. The well corrupt a boon and the DS clean a condition (not only the new one, I think).

It’s a really strong trait, really really strong.

It is not ‘free’, it costs a Grandmaster trait.
It is only above 75% health, which is never in this new burst/CC meta.
A condition burst will just kill you, and people are not stupid enough to keep hitting you after doing it. Not that you will be above 75% health…

So no, you are wrong. Really, really wrong.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Also now eles have to drop aura share to take condition cleansing…

I see no place for eles in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

You do not like ele? Choose another profession. Besides XP and leveling is not required for PvP, so you may delete Elementalist and choose it’s name again.

You got eight other professions to choose from, so feel free to try them all.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

I love ele. Saying ‘it is ok for one profession to suck because there are others teehehe!’ is ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

While I can see how huge of a nerf this is, I can’t say I’m mad about it. Diamond skin just kittened me off too much.

in PvP

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

Welcome to the rest of the game ele’s. Elementalists still are not bad, Tempests have the highest aoe damage output, along with a great deal of good survival skills. Hit up that Earth staff 3 and get 40% protection.

This helps eliminate the fact that Ele’s could faceroll an entire style of play without a care.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Ele too used to never taking damage I guess. XD

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Fun fact: eles do crap load of condi dmg themself~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Senario.2038

Fun fact: eles do crap load of condi dmg themself~

You mean almost none? because Condi Ele is a joke compared to any other condi class. The only reason they did condi damage before was because of celestial amulet lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Hit up that Earth staff 3 and get 40% protection.

You need to trait in earth for protection on aura though.
Earth staff 3 doesnt do that by itself.

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Why didn’t they just remove Diamond skin and leave eles with 2 gm traits? Oh, is a signet build even viable?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Why didn’t they just remove Diamond skin and leave eles with 2 gm traits? Oh, is a signet build even viable?

no

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

You know that class that has the lowest armor and only 10k base health? Let’s have them only remove conditions when hit. But wait for it, it only works above 75% health!

Brilliant.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

It’s okay guys.

In order to remove a random condition, you gotta give your face out so people can smash it with a 2k attack. If the opponent’s attack also add 1-2 more conditions? Tough luck, Karl is not on your side.

If you can’t beat them, join them. Just forget about Ele xD.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Come on, shatterstone buff had to come with a price.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

If something is too strong, there is no point to replace it with something so weak that its not worth spending a point on.

You must be new. This is how Arenanet operates.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

should have been a net neutral

No, Ele was too strong and the changes needed to be a reduction to pull them inline.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I love ele. Saying ‘it is ok for one profession to suck because there are others teehehe!’ is ridiculous

There’s been at least 1 inferior profession in each meta for 3 years now. Elementalist isn’t special nor first one to sit on the bench.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

No, Ele was too strong and the changes needed to be a reduction to pull them inline.

In line I’m okay with. What they did was make the trait useless. It works against itself for crying out loud.

I was never a fan of it in its original state. It was either stupid OP or completely useless. But at least it allowed me to even consider not taking Water for condi removal. Now, you’re likely to be below 75% after the trait procs once, at which point it’s useless. So Water is mandatory, and probably Tempest too.

They could have made it so much better, but they destroyed it. I get it, condi spammers who were salty about it are happy that it’s gone, but making traits useless is not good for the game.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I played with one years ago and it felt somewhat subpar (S/D Set in Stone). At the moment I would not expect a Set in Stone build to work at all.

The signets actually seem decent. Earth is good for setup and bleeds are nice gravy, Fire is decent burning stacks, Air is a good stunbreak and Restoration is the traditional heal. They have reasonably low cooldowns. They just never really come together.

Maybe if Runes of Resistance had no, or a much shorter cooldown, a Signet Ele build would be viable.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I can see Anet was terrified of over-buffing ele with that shatterstone change…so they just removed them from competitive play completely.

See you guys in a year, when even the biggest ele haters are like, “Yea, Anet…you really need to do something about eles being complete dogkitten for a whole year.”

in PvP

Senario.2038

Maybe you need to read again what diamond skin does now.

It removes a condition when you get HIT above 75% hp..which I may add that if you do get hit you’re likely going to be dangerously close or below that amount of Hp. The trait counters itself rather than being an alternative of equal power to the old diamond skin.

Aka being made fair but equal. Diamond skin before was unfair for condi players because they simply couldn’t do anything. But the change should have been what was proposed as a cleanse of one condition every second above 75% which would have been fine due to the removal of Cele amulet and the change to sigil of endurance which were two of the big reasons why ele was good. With them gone every skill that was nerfed in order to accommodate the fact that they had the amulet is generally weak. This version allowed condi to do its thing but kept the trait as a good alternative to water, now eles are even more pidgeonholed into taking water.

As far as I can tell Ele wasn’t even in the meta majorly compared to bunker mes, rev, and scrapper.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I can see Anet was terrified of over-buffing ele with that shatterstone change…so they just removed them from competitive play completely.

See you guys in a year, when even the biggest ele haters are like, “Yea, Anet…you really need to do something about eles being complete dogkitten for a whole year.”

Pls..don’t remind me about them…I can’t say what I think of this kind of people to avoid infractions..but yeah the “good samaritans” can all go to that “beautiful place”, I still remember them and what they used to say during Dec 2013…

in PvP

There’s been at least 1 inferior profession in each meta for 3 years now. Elementalist isn’t special nor first one to sit on the bench.

Yeah but ele was already completely out of the game FOR A FULL YEAR. People tend to forget or ignore that.
Now we’ll have another half year if not more of the class being unplayable.

I’m out of this kittenty game.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Here’s a question for eles who have actually tested the trait:

Let’s say you get hit with an attack that applies a condition. Does Diamond Skin instantly cleanse that condition, or will it not remove until the next hit?

As for the question on Daimond Skin vs. pulsing conditions, I can tell you how that works.

Locust Swarm is probably one of the easiest skills to demonstrate with, since it pulses one condition (and only one) per second along with damage. Every other tick would have Diamond Skin cure the Cripple. The reason it is not every tick is because the pulses are exactly lining up with the ICD. That is, the ICD is still active when the next pulse occurs.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Senario.2038

Let’s say you get hit with an attack that applies a condition. Does Diamond Skin instantly cleanse that condition, or will it not remove until the next hit?

As for the question on Daimond Skin vs. pulsing conditions, I can tell you how that works.

Locust Swarm is probably one of the easiest skills to demonstrate with, since it pulses one condition (and only one) per second along with damage. Every other tick would have Diamond Skin cure the Cripple. The reason it is not every tick is because the pulses are exactly lining up with the ICD. That is, the ICD is still active when the next pulse occurs.

To answer your question. I’m fairly sure that they have to wait to get hit a second time.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

It will not cleanse your first condi until 2nd hit, and by then you are already below 75% b/c low health/low armor. Think of the new DS as a bad version of the engineer trait that converts 1 condi to a boon….like a REALLY BAD version of that that only works for 2 attacks at the start of a fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Hi there, welcome to how the rest of the game deals with condies. Hope you enjoy.

pretty much this

now show us all of that so called skill y oou eles supposedly had since you’re in actual even playing field

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It will not cleanse your first condi until 2nd hit, and by then you are already below 75% b/c low health/low armor. Think of the new DS as a bad version of the engineer trait that converts 1 condi to a boon….like a REALLY BAD version of that that only works for 2 attacks at the start of a fight.

Thanks. Yeah, I’m glad they changed the trait, but not happy with the method they chose. This is coming from a Necro main.

If it could remove a condition as soon as it was applied, the trait could actually still be decent. Not fantastic, but decent. Since it doesn’t…I guess that trait will usually go to Stone Heart?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Wow you call this an even playing field? You’re special aren’t you

in PvP

pretty much this

now show us all of that so called skill y oou eles supposedly had since you’re in actual even playing field

Actual even playing field? Are you kidding me?

Eles have the least health AND the least armor.

There is no even playing field. That’s why their sustain was always OP because they were balanced around it, and celestial stats. Without that, THE CLASS ITSELF DOES NOT WORK MECHANICALLY.

in PvP

Rezzet.3614

pretty much this

There is no even playing field. That’s why their sustain was always OP because they were balanced around it, and celestial stats. Without that, THE CLASS ITSELF DOES NOT WORK MECHANICALLY.

the class works perfectly fine if you do your rotations right ele is all about boon upkeep

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

pretty much this

the class works perfectly fine if you do your rotations right ele is all about boon upkeep

Did you say boon upkeep in front of our necro overlords?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

pretty much this

Exactly! IKR, those Ele keeps complaining about being weak while they have a lot of boons upkeep!

Best regards,
Boons corruption Reaper.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Rezzet.3614

pretty much this

Did you say boon upkeep in front of our necro overlords?

yep , as you can see ele is fine Necro on the other hand is the game breaking profession i myself tried necro a few games tonight and destroyed people rolling my finger across my number keys

necros are an exploit as a whole

in PvP

Senario.2038

pretty much this

I laughed because Boon upkeep → Boon corrupt lol. What boons were we talking about again?

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

I have no sympathy for this change lol. This, celestial amulet and the cancerous double bunker aura tempest.

Good riddance.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I stand correct…after further analysis I can say that the new iteration of Diamond Skin is "usable"in most cases scenario. With that said, here something to keep in mind

-The trait still require investments in healing and toughness
-There is no amulet that resemble old celestial amulet, it won’t be possible to bunker with DS against more than one opponent
-The trait is actually pretty strong in 1vs1 against condi/power build while using a concise gear set up, it’s less susceptible to power spikes given the lower HP threshold required to maintain it; this open up more counterplay strategies previously not available before with the old DS
- it offers also more counterplay for the enemy, * a condi burst coming from 2 sources will be enough to negate the trait*

Basically the trait is strong…and yet not strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

This change was long overdue.. Nore more i win because i have a trait! Good riddance!