Diamond Skin is absolute Rubbish

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Hi there, welcome to how the rest of the game deals with condies. Hope you enjoy.

pretty much this

now show us all of that so called skill y oou eles supposedly had since you’re in actual even playing field

Actual even playing field? Are you kidding me?

Eles have the least health AND the least armor.

There is no even playing field. That’s why their sustain was always OP because they were balanced around it, and celestial stats. Without that, THE CLASS ITSELF DOES NOT WORK MECHANICALLY.

the class works perfectly fine if you do your rotations right ele is all about boon upkeep

I laughed because Boon upkeep -> Boon corrupt lol. What boons were we talking about again?

wich goes back to my previous post

its conditions that are game breaking even more now that condi builds have access to 1056 power+1056 codi amulets so the whole condi needs to be brought to even damage as direct damage excuse went to hell and beyond , and thats ignoring all the cc spam bullkitten that goes on so yeah its not just ele that got shafted

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I may have missed someone saying this or I might not remember an engineer trait from long ago. There was a time when engineers trait did almost what DS did but it made Engie immune to conditions when HP went below like 10-25% I do not remember clearly but anyhow the thing is that it was almost the same thing but the whole community complained about it and finally Aneta nerfed it hard. I was so bummed when DS came and I was thinking why DS but the engie can’t have their trait? Eles has a lot of conditions removal and I’m my opinion traits like old DS should not exist in the game for no class.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Ele had it because they have the lowest hp of any class. If they can’t get conditions off them they go down fast

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

[quote=5949705;Rezzet.3614:
wich goes back to my previous post
its conditions that are game breaking even more now that condi builds have access to 1056 power+1056 codi amulets [/quote]

..really?
Carrion Amulet (which has been around for ages) already had 900 power and 1200 condi damage, in addition to having way more vit.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

You guys never used that trait before hot and was doing fine vs condi people. I know because I played water/air or fire/arcane and that was enough. Was it only the reaper chill and rev viper? Some of us have very poor condi cleansers but we had to deal with them with out a ^90% passive trait that made you break most condi builds with out even trying.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.1659

trunks.1659

You guys never used that trait before hot and was doing fine vs condi people. I know because I played water/air or fire/arcane and that was enough. Was it only the reaper chill and rev viper? Some of us have very poor condi cleansers but we had to deal with them with out a ^90% passive trait that made you break most condi builds with out even trying.

I don’t think anyone reasonably disagrees that it needed to be nerfed; it’s what it got nerfed to that’s a problem. It’s not like the other Grandmaster traits in Earth are desirable alternatives. On top of that came the removal of the Celestial Amulet, a nerf to Auras, and a big shift in the meta towards condi-spam classes. Ele lost many of its best options and got comical buffs to Scepter in return.

As a rule I don’t like brainless, passive gameplay like DS was pre-patch, so I’m not sad to see it go. But it’s sort of like… “Okay, now what?”

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

JUst have fun with a Wanderers Amulet, no hard counters >:D

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Enoreth.6742

Enoreth.6742

Yay, i bring back my Fresh Air ! Heard about some enhancements.

• Fire Shield: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 25 seconds.
  • Rock Barrier: Reduced the aftercast delay of this skill by 0.6 seconds.
  • Rock Barrier—Hurl: The damage of the rocks thrown has been increased by 10%.
  • Shatterstone: Reduced the time for this skill to explode from 2 seconds to 1 second. Increased the recharge from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
  • Gale: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 50 seconds to 40 seconds. This attack is now unblockable. The skill facts have been updated to correctly display the knockdown duration difference between PvP (1 second) and PvE (2 seconds).
  • Fresh Air: In addition to its current attunement recharge, this trait will now grant a ferocity bonus of up to 250 points (based on level) for 5 seconds when attuning to Air.

WoW, so enhancement, much fun, no DPS and no utility.

Bring back my ele to the closet where i led him since 12 months ….

Requïem – Thief | Elyka Aldwick – Ele

in PvP

Posted by: SpiritSpeakerOfHoelbrak.3980

SpiritSpeakerOfHoelbrak.3980

I’m now wrecking any Ele traited with DS.

Professor Snarl

in PvP

Keadron.9570

That isn’t saying much considering what this patch did to ele

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Good thing anet balances around group play and not 1v1 as reapers are and should be focused during group fights. Hitting them during shroud reduces their ‘health pool’ and prevents prolonged condi reapplication which would otherwise win said group fight. Reapers are still punching bags, and shroud as a defensive escape is subpar compared to other mechanics said class lack as drawback such as vigor, evade, block, immunity.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I’m now wrecking any Ele traited with DS.

Well people don’t really know how to play ele so it’s natural. Bad players should play easier class.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I main ele and never used DS or water. shure i had to be very careful not to miss a heavy burn stack and condi reapers that can play well are a nemesis but it was quite playable. Shure i used soldier rune and cleansing flame. In the end condis force ele to have a lot condi removal and this limits viable builds. You either take water or load yourself with a condi removal toolbar or even both. It scraps build diversity. Take only one or two condi cleaners and you die in 10seconds maybe even on a random condi spam. DS prohibited this.

in PvP

Posted by: Palimpalim.2063

Palimpalim.2063

The thing is: you could counter Diamondskin easily, if u are not completly condidamagebased. But making conditions so strong, that nearly every class plays condicancer of course made eles strong, cause that was the only counter there was. Before this ridiculous condimeta barely any ele played Diamondskin. So maybe Anet, just maybe u should work on the causes, not on the symptoms.

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Diamond Skin is Dead, Bunker ele is not, … we relied too much on DS, but there are alternative ways to deal with condis either with auras/shouts or the old good cantrips

Water trait is now a must, being earth an alternative (must if bunker, air is dps).

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

Im sorry, but changes to Energy sigil should actually hurt eles that didnt just spam rotation, posistioned good and watched their cooldowns a lot more than DS nerf.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Yep energy sigil destruction is a nerf to skilled players.Despite that i think it was a good move.
And right. Before HoT DS was not realy an issue…. IT was the condi power creep causing it to become powerful. Any condi setup witout power got countered by DS.

in PvP

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

I get that the change has left Elementalists in a wierd place, but please don’t pretend it was not needed. Condition builds were completely, utterly, and absolutely destroyed by the mere existence of an Elementalist and this kind of change was long overdue.

in PvP

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Welcome to guardian-PvE world, where you are subpar no matter how much you try.

in PvP

Keadron.9570

I get that the change has left Elementalists in a wierd place, but please don’t pretend it was not needed. Condition builds were completely, utterly, and absolutely destroyed by the mere existence of an Elementalist and this kind of change was long overdue.

We aren’t saying it couldn’t be taken down a bit just not to the extent that it was

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Stop blaming the “condition meta”, the only class who plays condi is necromancer because arenanet left us with only this.

crying about necromancer is stupid because it is still the first guy focus in team fight and has no active defense to shut down the focus fire. If you leave the necromancer free cast you deserve to be corrupt and loose.
That was exactly the same for necromancer before patch if you go 1v1 vs ele as a condimancer you deserved to loose.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Please put things in perspective. Condition builds were far more broken than DS. I’m not a proponent of the previous version of DS, but let’s not lose sight of how absurd condition builds are. An adjustment to DS to allow for non-damaging conditions to land would have adjusted it appropriately.

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Stop blaming the “condition meta”, the only class who plays condi is necromancer because arenanet left us with only this.

crying about necromancer is stupid because it is still the first guy focus in team fight and has no active defense to shut down the focus fire. If you leave the necromancer free cast you deserve to be corrupt and loose.
That was exactly the same for necromancer before patch if you go 1v1 vs ele as a condimancer you deserved to loose.

Condi engineer is much much better than condi necro. You just need to be average or better player if you play engineer.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

i did not say that necro is the best condition class, he is far from that for a long time now; but this is the only class that have been forced to play condi recently.
And i don’t think the recent buff to the corrupt will change that and there will still be very few necro in sPvP top tier.

(edited by Silverthorn.8576)

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Necro can play power as well.

DS was OP. Now it is complete rubbish. Was there no middle ground?

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

If it had been like the preview, it would have been serviceable.