Did Courtyard get removed?

in PvP

Posted by: Nicktechyguy.7158

Nicktechyguy.7158

Courtyard, Spirit Watch, and Skyhammer will not be included in ranked arena once the beta ladder officially starts.

I see this post in the forums from about 10 months ago.

But lately, I haven’t even seen Courtyard in show up at all. Did they officially remove it? I did like a death match option for at least one map. Little change of pace in pvp options is in my opinion a nice option.

Guess I missed the announcement if there was one…

Artist / Web Developer / Gamer

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

It has been removed entirely.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

Ya they removed it but left the kittening kittenstain known as Skyhammer

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Yes it was an awesome map, no idea why they removed it especially considering how they persisted forcing skyhammer on us for so long.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Ya they removed it but left the kittening kittenstain known as Skyhammer

in PvP

Nicktechyguy.7158

I like difference in options for pvp matches. Maybe instead of removing entirely, they should consider different map options for death match?

I don’t mind skyhammer, as again, I like options. If you don’t like the map, then don’t vote for it. Going anyway? Well looks like the majority (or troll at times) won.

With the trolls, makes me wonder about the random generator for map choices. Seems that single vote get’s chosen more than often.

in PvP

Posted by: Radiobiology.6185

Radiobiology.6185

This was my favorite map in this game, i was hoping they would release more deathmatch maps but instead they remove it entirely, good job Anet…

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

They should bring courtyard back as an official 1v1/2v2 duel map.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Thank all Six Gods. May it be buried, forgotten, lost,rotted and never return.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

thank you for killing this map, skyhammer next!

in PvP

Posted by: AurioDK.2867

AurioDK.2867

I totally agree, cant understand why they didnt get rid of skyhammer instead, what a joke of a map.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

It did, I mean PvP must stand for Cap vs Cap

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

BRING COURTYARD BACK WITH ITS OWN CHECK BOX!! People didn’t like it cause they went in with conquest builds and mileage varies in a death match setting. If Courtyard had a separate queue like stronghold, people will be fine with it. Doesn’t even need to be a supported rank mode, just keep the map.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I thought it was still available for custom arenas. I wouldn’t mind say 2 more DM maps and a separate queue for that. The 3 games modes are not really compatible with each other because of builds.

in PvP

Yasha.5963

I had several games in courtyard where everyone started complaining about how they hated the map, but at the end everyone was like “that was amazing”, because the game ended up as a really intense battle that went down to the line.

I also had many games that were just a slaughter fest one way or the other, but when it worked it was fantastic.

in PvP

Posted by: flocc.3612

flocc.3612

It was the only pure pvp arena in game, all the other maps are infested with pve objectives (“slay the enemy lord”) or annoying gimmicks like trebs or orbital skycancer cannons of doom =(

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

This is why I can’t play GW2 pvp with commitment. Why should I play a game seriously if they keep taking the stuff they give to the players. They add limited time cash shop items. They removed Raid on the Capricorn. They removed Courtyard. They removed rune of the ogre and rune of the pirate. Nerfs that reduce build variety and make builds nonviable rather than toning down abused features. (Yes thieves and Warriors). They even went as far as Rearranging Trait systems for all class outside the realm of balance. I keep trying to help them by telling them things they are doing wrong like removing crafting’s ability as a source of income or listing fees on the trading post that they added to nerf marketers. But the list keeps growing,.

The Game is nice the combat is beautiful the developers’ communistic inconsistency is not.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Yasha.5963

This is why I can’t play GW2 pvp with commitment. Why should I play a game seriously if they keep taking the stuff they give to the players. They add limited time cash shop items. They removed Raid on the Capricorn. They removed Courtyard. They removed rune of the ogre and rune of the pirate. Nerfs that reduce build variety and make builds nonviable rather than toning down abused features. (Yes thieves and Warriors). They even went as far as Rearranging Trait systems for all class outside the realm of balance. I keep trying to help them by telling them things they are doing wrong like removing crafting’s ability as a source of income or listing fees on the trading post that they added to nerf marketers. But the list keeps growing,.

The Game is nice the combat is beautiful the developers’ communistic inconsistency is not.

And yet they kept skyhammer….. I don’t get it!

in PvP

Posted by: Tiilimon.6094

Tiilimon.6094

Let me tell you right now, right here how to make a good pvp map:
Team 1 spawn west side, team 2 spawn east side.
2 bridges meet a circle in the middle, 4 pillars for los, lava in bottom.
First team to earn 100 points wins, 5/playerkill.

You DONT need points, npcs, plenty of terrain without use, orbs, trebuches… The good stuff is already in the name itself, PLAYER vs PLAYER.
So all you need are 2 guys who can attack each other, that’s good pvp.

Can we have at least one ARENA in ARENA PVP again? I really don’t like playing dota meets wvw at all.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Hey I like this idea. Just need to add the map specific removal of down state.

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

It really should be brought back with its own checkbox. Most people could leave it off, and deathmatch enthusiasts could queue with just it on.

in PvP

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Love all the hate skyhammer gets yet it is a map that gets played a lot. It allows a different playstyle and different builds to shine. It also forces bunkers to be more than just meat shields, you need to have special awareness and knockbacks/stability or you can’t honestly bunker. Roamers can get instagibbed by anyone that knows the map and where to ambush (ahh the sheer number of times I knocked a thief roamer off the map one game was priceless). So many people complain about being able to fall to your death and frankly…I LIKE the variety, it adds a new dimension to watch out for.

Frankly the conquest mode needs revamped hugely anyway. Why not have a true vertical based map? Each point in the middle of the map but on top of each other on levels you have to go out tot he edges to climb up or go down?

Lets have a conquest in which there are islands to glide to as a means of getting around behind the end points. Remember it is sPvP so all masteries are considered learned.

People who want Arenas simply want to remove tactics and distil it down to just who can unload the fastest. Arenas always devolve into burst specs surrounding one tank who charges in first to try and soak up as much burst for the others to take out those focusing on the tank. EVERY game that has an arena option devolves into this, it happens faster if the holy trinity is involved. This is not true PvP. Tactics is war, and pvp is to actually pit people against one another. WvW is the large war, sPvP is the skirmishes. Controlling resources.

As for how maps are chosen? basically everyone picks what they wish the map will be…and the game just chooses someone at random. It is not an actual vote, it is not a democracy, it just chooses someone at random and their map choice is selected. So don’t call it a vote as it is better to call it a ballot, that is what it is in the end.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

It’s only played because they added it to the rotation. Players are forced to play it most don’t wan’t to.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Good riddance, the map was cancer. I’d rather play 100 skyhammer matches than having to wade through a single gorram courtyard brawl.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Lumines.3916

It really should be brought back with its own checkbox. Most people could leave it off, and deathmatch enthusiasts could queue with just it on.

This seems like such an obvious solution yet people that won’t play it will still QQ.

in PvP

Nicktechyguy.7158

I agree – a checkbox would be a wonderful option, as well for skyhammer / spiritwatch. Problem I find at times with the checkbox system right now, is that if you check stronghold with conquest, you only get stronghold.

in PvP

Lumines.3916

Bumping cause I feel this is a huge missed opportunity.

in PvP

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

So is it removed from the game totally???

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

No it’s still in custom arena

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Courtyard needs it’s own queue and be TDM like in WoW 2v2 and 3v3, someone with a brain can make something good out of it, but for anet is easier to nerf and kill builds and eliminate maps.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Courtyard needs it’s own queue and be TDM like in WoW 2v2 and 3v3, someone with a brain can make something good out of it, but for anet is easier to nerf and kill builds and eliminate maps.

2v2 probably wouldn’t work because 2 burst players would simply kill any other composition. 3v3 deathmatch without respawns a la WoW arena could work though.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Yasha.5963

No it’s still in custom arena

Which basically means removed from the game totally.

in PvP

Nicktechyguy.7158

If ArenaNet had a custom filter that worked, checking off which map styles you like to play, allowing you then to pick maps from the choices provided, I think that would be a great solution.
[ – ] Stronghold
[ – ] Skyhammer
[ – ] Conquest
[ – ] Courtyard

Just filter the ones you like, and if you like a certain type, have percentage of a chance to vote for a map.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I liked this map a lot, and definitely want a lot more of team death match as an option. I think there are a few simple changes that could be made to make this mode viable and enjoyable.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: Breut.8591

Breut.8591

I want to say I’m very sad this map has been remooved.
This one on witch I had more enjoyment and it really asked team work.
I hope it will come back (maybe with a separate queue).

This is a shame that this map witch was basically the definition of pvp was remooved.