Did anyone even look at this system?

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

In theory its not possible for soloq players to win team, in badly designed system you could punish them for not doing something they arent supposed to do but how can you put double punishement for what im not supposed to do in first place.
What im talking about is that i lost two times against party yesterday and lost 2 pips both times.

Im not stressing about pips atm im just really curious, was this whole system designed by one person? And put in by one person? Cause i can bet if you would put this design on paper and show it to kids in kindergarten even they would see that there is problem here.

Ok whoever came up with this is wasting my time thats one thing but kitten m8 you have wasted 10 million years of human evolution, we are sending people in space and there is still human being on this planet who didnt see problem with how leagues work? Mindblowing.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

PvP is only good for reward tracks and dailies.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Leeto is speaking the truth.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

OMFG…It’s LEETO

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

For those wondering what Leeto is talking about, see screenie below. Five-stack with a random amber against a solo PuG. And before you ask, yes, of course I lost a pip.

I might be on the slow side, but even I’m starting to think that Anet does not want me (a soloer) as a customer. Interesting strategy.

Attachments:

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

For those wondering what Leeto is talking about, see screenie below. Five-stack with a random amber against a solo PuG. And before you ask, yes, of course I lost a pip.

I might be on the slow side, but even I’m starting to think that Anet does not want me (a soloer) as a customer. Interesting strategy.

Look at dat amber player.

The exploiting is so real it’s hilarious. In a bad way.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Was it the potato farmer?

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

Just to be clear, I’m not faulting Alkore, Argi & co. for doing what they do. This is not an accusation towards them. Without that amber guy, their queue time is probably around 60 minutes or so. They are just a bunch of guys who want to play the game and have found a convenient method of accomplishing shorter queue times. In my mind, Anet is the culprit here for releasing a potato system that is bad for everybody, both filthy casuals such as myself and ESL no-lifers.

Been here since launch

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Just to be clear, I’m not faulting Alkore, Argi & co. for doing what they do. This is not an accusation towards them. Without that amber guy, their queue time is probably around 60 minutes or so. They are just a bunch of guys who want to play the game and have found a convenient method of accomplishing shorter queue times. In my mind, Anet is the culprit here for releasing a potato system that is bad for everybody, both filthy casuals such as myself and ESL no-lifers.

I would agree with this as well. As long as they are using the lower tier to lower queue times. Overall, this is Anet’s fault. The system needs to be fixed. I love the idea of leagues, I advocated for leagues last year, but this system needs more work.

Truthfully, though I stopped caring a while ago. I still play, but I treat the experience like a beta experience. Something I am very disappointed at considering we had two test ladders last year that were supposed to be the beta experiences.

(edited by Mysticjedi.6053)

in PvP

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I would agree with this as well. As long as they are using the lower tier to lower queue times. Overall, this is Anet’s fault. The system needs to be fixed. I love the idea of leagues, I advocated for leagues last year, but this system needs more work.

Truthfully, though I stopped caring a while ago. I still play, but I treat the experience like a beta experience. Something I am very disappointed at considering we had two test ladders last year that were supposed to be the beta experiences.

That’s so wrong, on so many levels. It’s the players fault for cheating lol. How can you say it’s not their fault?

in PvP

Chicho Gosho.6507

Yeah, don’t blame the players for cheating. Blame the game, not the player, right? They are victims, don’t report them so more people can play with them and feel sorry for them, the victims.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Yeah, don’t blame the players for cheating. Blame the game, not the player, right? They are victims, don’t report them so more people can play with them and feel sorry for them, the victims.

Too lower queue times, no I don’t mind it. If it is lower MMR that is a problem.

in PvP

Chicho Gosho.6507

Too lower queue times, no I don’t mind it. If it is lower MMR that is a problem.

Have i said the game has no flaws? It has flaws and needs a serious fix but ignoring the cheaters, really?

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

Have i said the game has no flaws? It has flaws and needs a serious fix but ignoring the cheaters, really?

Depends on your definition of cheating. Let’s not forget that according to Anet this behaviour is completely acceptable. But I don’t want to debate semantics with you – if you feel that the situation depicted in my screenshot is cheating, what do you think should be done about it? And please don’t say ban the offenders, because, honestly, giving a few dozen legend/diamond players a slap on the wrist is a drop in the bucket compared to the big picture of a completely potato ladder.

Been here since launch

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

In theory its not possible for soloq players to win team, in badly designed system you could punish them for not doing something they arent supposed to do but how can you put double punishement for what im not supposed to do in first place.
What im talking about is that i lost two times against party yesterday and lost 2 pips both times.

Im not stressing about pips atm im just really curious, was this whole system designed by one person? And put in by one person? Cause i can bet if you would put this design on paper and show it to kids in kindergarten even they would see that there is problem here.

Ok whoever came up with this is wasting my time thats one thing but kitten m8 you have wasted 10 million years of human evolution, we are sending people in space and there is still human being on this planet who didnt see problem with how leagues work? Mindblowing.

In 100% agreement. I do not understand ANET logic anymore. Nothing they do makes sense. Even take a look at how they are combating guild league manipulation. Out of 7 days only 1 match is needed to stay on top of the leaderboard. Never have I seen a more kittened pvp. Even MMO’s that add pvp AFTER the game was created are better than this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Ninjeff.6510

Ninjeff.6510

annnnnnnnnd…. Leeto is banned again!

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

their logic is faulty and their apparent show of transparency, presence, replies and seeming care of their community is at the same state of their pvp league system
Abysmal

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

And, for the same love of full disclosure, I’m blaming them as much as I blame Anet.

Anet introduced a system which doesn’t make any sense at all, and on this I guess we all agree.

On the other side, I blame the exploiters too, for a simple reason: who, in his/her right mind, finds fun roflstomping 9 out of 10 soloqueuers or lower MMR players just because “I don’t want to queue for more than 10 minutes”?

This kind of attitude speaks volume about how selfish (at best) these persons are.

They’re contributing in destroying more and more the PvP population, just because “we don’t want to wait too much for playing”. It’s shortsighted and stupid. But I guess they need to feel special winning 500-0 one time out of 2.

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

And, for the same love of full disclosure, I’m blaming them as much as I blame Anet.

Anet introduced a system which doesn’t make any sense at all, and on this I guess we all agree.

On the other side, I blame the exploiters too, for a simple reason: who, in his/her right mind, finds fun roflstomping 9 out of 10 soloqueuers or lower MMR players just because “I don’t want to queue for more than 10 minutes”?

This kind of attitude speaks volume about how selfish (at best) these persons are.

They’re contributing in destroying more and more the PvP population, just because “we don’t want to wait too much for playing”. It’s shortsighted and stupid. But I guess they need to feel special winning 500-0 one time out of 2.

I agree with you, it’s very detrimental to the community. I did not particularly enjoy getting bopped 0-501 by those guys, and I can imagine some people getting really sandy in their private places over a thing like this. But having said that, I still think Anet was incredibly naïve in releasing a system that can be gamed so easily and where the incentives encourage players to queue with a 4+1 stack. This goes back to Leeto’s original point of releasing a ladder without a thorough iterative process. Kindergarteners work for candy, I hear.

Been here since launch

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

I’m not having fun with the league system as well. It feels punishing and unforgiving. In just one day, you could lose a whole week’s effort, do you know how devastating that feels like? Do you, arenanet? It felt like I just wasted a lot of my time and effort, and now it feels like this whole “league” is just a waste of time as well. For many reasons, not just the pip/point system. HoT’s story disappointed me, WvW is the reason why I bought this game but it’s dead, and PvP is the only thing keeping me in this game. I won’t waste my time again.

I had great memories with Guild Wars 2. I think it’s time to move on.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

No, this system wasn’t very well thought out at all. The idea of a tournament is great, I was really excited for it. Unfortunately it was horribly implemented.

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Anet has 3 years of evidence showing that it has no idea what it’s doing most of the time, so don’t expect the future to change.

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Queue time 60 min? Dont let laugh, I see 15+ Diamond (rank V) in every HoTM instance, and noone of them are ESL players (who are all by now Rank V). A week ago i might have looked the other way for that excuse, but not the excuse part of it is real.

Play real, play like a real player, challenge yourself honest enough to deserver rank VI, if not, you are cheater, period, ESL player ot not. Annoying pvp or not. Pvp is annoying for both those who cheat and not cheat, the balance is far to seek, toxicity is high, pip system is bad. That still is no reason to cheat (or to use excuses for it). I think if we all set back the ELS players, so that only matches without mmr fixing count, that they be ruby by most, at this time. Only the lucky few with a wining streak (and then a loose streak when it doenst matter (just crossed a league for instance), will be Diamond.

And no i’m not jealous, i’m crazy amazed i even made Sapphire with this bad system xd.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I don’t think that the person you’re describing reads the forums. You know, that’s not easy.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: WatrickPidmann.5467

WatrickPidmann.5467

Same here,

Anet I always think that you guys forget some really big points, in terms of balance and stuff, as we see now, there is only tank meta, basically even worse and less entertaining than the european bunker meta in 2012, so you guys made it possible, to get 3 years in the past, where we started… the same thing is with this league system… i earn pips most of the time, but im dependent on my teammates… ive qed whole evening now, 4 hours, and guess where i am, still there from where i started, and why, not because i suck kitten, just because this system makes me play with worse people than me, so i need to play with worse people, but why?! Anet please, have u ever asked yourself, why im supposed to play with worse people, and not with people who are on the same level?! Where is the kittenin problem people… i get punished for losing with worse teammates, are u serious?! Did your brain decide to leave you guys in the kindergarden?!

This is a complete waste of time, other game developers, couldnt allow that to happen.. im really disappointed from ur “knowledge earned in the last 3 years”

TY ANET

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Why does everyone expect to go up the PvP ladder? For every game a team win another team has to lose. If you lose all the time then it’s time to change your strategy, group up with people, or accept that you perhaps won’t make it to Diamond.

Personally if I can just make it to Ruby I’ll be fine with that.

You think the game should put you in 75/25% winning chance scenario instead of 50/50%? Or make you wait for 25 minutes for a match because it can’t find another team of equal level? That won’t be fun either way.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You think the game should put you in 75/25% winning chance scenario instead of 50/50%?

I’ll put it that way – if league divisions were meant to be any indication of skill, then the game should put me at 50% win chance when i get to the division that i’m meant to be. Not at some random point that’s not tied to divisions at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November