Did we Over React to Leagues and SoloQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

I’ve played about 120 matches and am about halfway through Sapphire. I’ve read a few posts about people who got to Diamond via Solo Q with one or two times going DuoQ. It sounds to me that most people were able to successfully soloq. Also, being a casual PvP player, I figure I will end at Diamond by the end of the season. That’s not bad since diamond was my goal.

While some people have gamed the system for more rewards/faster run to Diamond, I think it worked out fairly reasonably. We still have a few more weeks to go. If there have been 24 days, that means I played about 5 games a day to get to Sapphire. Which equates to about 1.25 hrs of play time a day. Not bad for the time investment.

Thoughts?

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

No. The system can be abused too easily. Divisions are supposed to represent skill, but currently divisions are so muddied that some of the people are skilled in the higher divisions and others are a result of a gamed system.

in PvP

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Counting matches , averaging playtime….sounds like farming.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

I’ve played about 120 matches and am about halfway through Sapphire. I’ve read a few posts about people who got to Diamond via Solo Q with one or two times going DuoQ. It sounds to me that most people were able to successfully soloq. Also, being a casual PvP player, I figure I will end at Diamond by the end of the season. That’s not bad since diamond was my goal.

While some people have gamed the system for more rewards/faster run to Diamond, I think it worked out fairly reasonably. We still have a few more weeks to go. If there have been 24 days, that means I played about 5 games a day to get to Sapphire. Which equates to about 1.25 hrs of play time a day. Not bad for the time investment.

Thoughts?

I burnt through the first 3 divs within 3 days, and i’ve been stucked playing yoyo with the last ruby tier for days then, you’ll see what people mean once you’re there too.

in PvP

Thiefz.3695

Counting matches , averaging playtime….sounds like farming.

Seriously? Not everyone cheats.

EDIT: I never thought Leagues were about skill. Anyone who thought that forgot the whole leaderboard fiasco that was a grind fest. Leagues is about grinding all the way up to where you can lose tiers. Skill only comes into play at Diamond and legendary. My point is, people who said they would constantly be matched up against teams when playing SoloQ were over reacting in my opinion.

(edited by Thiefz.3695)

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

EDIT: I never thought Leagues were about skill. Anyone who thought that forgot the whole leaderboard fiasco that was a grind fest. Leagues is about grinding all the way up to where you can lose tiers. Skill only comes into play at Diamond and legendary.

You can lose tiers in Ruby. So I guess all those “Can’t make to diamond as soloqueuer” topics makes sense to you now?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

The issue in your line of thoughts is the fact you can lose tiers in ruby. Its not the same as sap. not at all. Unless you will keep your win/lose ration at say, 60% you wont make it. Winning streaks are less effective. I soloq’d ro ruby but I do not intend to climb further. Losing tiers is too painful

As for your question, my biggest issue is:

- premades that q almost exclusively stronghold. They rush you and despite your knowledge of the strategy, you cant outplay them. I recon to not q for this game mode. You increase your chances of winning.

banished from time and space

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Just the fact that you think its ok that you grinded your way somewhere is a gigantic problem. The league your in generally does not indicate skill at all. I see the same mistakes in ruby as I see in amber. As a matter of fact your average ruby player could be worse then amber because unless you really exploit its a hard glass ceiling for most bads ruby they can’t get past it. They can grind there but can’t get past it. I’ve never had more players scoring zero points in a match then since I got into ruby. Leagues are a gigantic fail. They need to reset MMR before next leagues and they also need to put in a gradient cap meaning there can only be 1 league difference in a match. No more amber people with ruby and above. You can only group with the league right below and above you. and be put into matches with those same limitations. They do some things like that and there is a chance next leagues could be meaningful.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Thiefz.3695

The biggest complaint prior to leagues was what? It was the fact that SoloQ and Team Q were together. It was the argument that a Team was going to be better than a SoloQ team which was handicapped.

The reality was that leagues, just like previous leaderboards, are mostly grind based which has nothing to do with SoloQ vs TeamQ. You can tank your MMR by yourself, don’t need a team so that would have been an issue in SoloQ.

The only impact that teams have had on SoloQ is the deflating of team MMR by diamonds+ambers. That’s it.

If you want to say that Leagues failed because of MMR or because it wasn’t skill based. Those are valid, sure, but that doesn’t mean you need a SoloQ and TeamQ that are separate.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

kitten

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I don’t think anyone in this game has soloQ’d to Legendary legitimately with out tanking their MMR and using the most blatant and offensive cheat of queuing with an amber.

Do you know how that rob and hurt your progress when people use such shameless manipulation?

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Divisions are supposed to represent skill

You sure about that?

I doubt this was ever Anet’s intention.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarevok.2638