Did we lose CONDI vs. DIRECT dmg stat ?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.

Currently it shows your total damage, and how % wise that is from your team and enemy one.

But i didnt see the part where your total damage is split into how much was condition and how much power.
THIS IS A CRUCIAL STAT and should be absolutely visible.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Crucial to what? For a dps profession, kills, deaths, offense, and defense are all far more important. Damage dealt is a vanity stat, what matters is whether you’re helping your team gain points or not. Engis deal plenty more damage per match than a thief ever will, but a thief should get more kills if they’re playing at the same level as the scrapper on their team.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

If you’re absolutely dying (pun intended) for this information, I’d suggest doing tests on the combat golems and reviewing the log after each kill. That’s more scientific anyways and will give you more accurate numbers if you test it out a couple of times. The aggregate damage you do in a match doesn’t really tell you much outside of whether you did a lot or a little, better to test and calculate how much direct vs. condi damage you do on the golems.

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I think this is more about “you may have done more dmg but it’s because you are running condi!”. No one cares how much dmg a dot build puts out in a match and yet that will drown out power dmg pretty easy I imagine.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

I think this is more about “you may have done more dmg but it’s because you are running condi!”. No one cares how much dmg a dot build puts out in a match and yet that will drown out power dmg pretty easy I imagine.

True, condi does frequently outdamage power builds. That being said I’m still wondering why this is considered “crucial.” It doesn’t affect your skill rating, all it affects is whether some nub gets the top stat and thinks he/she is good. If this is what’s considered highly important then I’d suggest dueling instead of conquest. In this game mode, damage dealt is, like I said, a vanity stat.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Damage dealt and damage taken and their breakdowns are useful for doing post match analysis.

The damage dealt to kills ratio is very important to judge the effectiveness of your offense in a given match (if you’re damage/kills ratio is high it means you’re taking a long time to kill targets. Where as low damage/kills means you’re killing rapidly.)

Being able to compare power vs condi for both damage taken and damage dealt is also useful for buildcrafting purposes.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube