Didn't watch the qualifiers, How did ele do?

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Well the title is pretty straightforward. I’m wonder how ele performed overall in the qualifiers? Any new tempest builds introduced? Just curious.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

From what I saw denshee ran the traditional heal bot build with menders over clerics for TCG. The other teams I saw didn’t use ele. TCG should have gotten second except they had a dc which regardless of 2nd or 3rd would be a substantial step down from when they dominated season 2 finals. I wouldn’t be surprised if they change their comp for wts.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

From what I saw denshee ran the traditional heal bot build with menders over clerics for TCG. The other teams I saw didn’t use ele. TCG should have gotten second except they had a dc which regardless of 2nd or 3rd would be a substantial step down from when they dominated season 2 finals. I wouldn’t be surprised if they change their comp for wts.

Thanx how did Tempest perform in terms of supporting the team? Did mender provide enough self sustain?

in PvP

Posted by: TwanBr.8340

TwanBr.8340

Can’t say anything about the qualifiers, I am afraid I missed them too, but from my own games with ele, survivability against power-based builds took a pretty big hit with the change from Cleric to Mender. Maybe just because the different stats require me to adapt and play it differently (look for different fights/rotate attunements different), maybe because it simply is less effective…

The good thing about Mender is that the increased health pool makes conditions less powerful, especially because of Diamond Skin (going down to 75% healh requires a bigger hit), so it’s really not all bad.

Still missing the old D/D (celestial) elementalist though, having your most used amulet removed always hurts for a while.

Proud Gandaran

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Rather than ask this you should keep score on which classes were played the most. For example, thief didn’t cut it exactly in previous season.

Similarly one should ask if allot of ele’s were played by the “pros.” I haven’t watched it but I can say that an ele was probably present as opposed to thief which probably wasn’t.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

TCG played ok with ele and it gave decent support but it ended up being focused down too easily and that was probably what lost them the series against rank 55. Regardless of what you think about the game against vM, there was one game on foefire when vM beat them 5v5 (they should have destroyed TCG too on that map but they almost pulled off a miraculous throwaway of the game, lol). For TCG to lose a game (maybe 2, we do not know what would have happened if drazeh didn’t DC) against vermillion who I do not think are as good as rank 55 and to lose an entire series against r55 while playing ele even though they beat them convincingly at the pro league finals shows that it probably isn’t viable right now and I don’t expect anyone to run it in the world championship.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

TCG played ok with ele and it gave decent support but it ended up being focused down too easily and that was probably what lost them the series against rank 55. Regardless of what you think about the game against vM, there was one game on foefire when vM beat them 5v5 (they should have destroyed TCG too on that map but they almost pulled off a miraculous throwaway of the game, lol). For TCG to lose a game (maybe 2, we do not know what would have happened if drazeh didn’t DC) against vermillion who I do not think are as good as rank 55 and to lose an entire series against r55 while playing ele even though they beat them convincingly at the pro league finals shows that it probably isn’t viable right now and I don’t expect anyone to run it in the world championship.

You can’t design an entire profession to stand there and soak dmg in order to do anything..then remove everything that make the concept works because you think the concept does too well…it’s idiotic simply as that.

They should redesign ele..but knowing anet that something that will never happen…

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I guess we shall see the current meta in the championships/ based on winning qualifiers. Be sure to record the builds/classes that make it as counter specs to the meta will also prove strong in certain situations. Until then noone can say for sure. But once we know the championship winning classes/the most played classes it will be easier to draw a conclusion.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

They seem to still be able to provide the best team healing and condition cleanse.

But I don’t know if I’d pick an ele over an engi or a druid in current meta. Engi and druid has better mobility and 1v1 potential and more utility.

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

From what I watched, the ele was fine. It was a bit more squishy than usual, but did more damage – in the hands of an experienced elementalist, it didn’t seem like a bad trade at all. I think that there were actually two different ele builds played, but the second build got replaced by the standard one afterwards.

The qualifiers were really nice. What was the most interesting was the comp Reaper/Scrapper, with the reaper doing excellent damage and going down a lot, and the scrapper reviving it incredibly fast with the gyro. It definitely gave 55 an edge – plus the mechanical skills of the players were so high. NA should be instructive in this regard.

TCG didn’t use that comp, and relied as usual on super high individual skills, with a superior rotation knowledge (plus Helseth did some very fine plays). Vermillion went the road of the Reaper/Scrapper too, and used the reaper build of 55 for the final game. Orange Logo displayed some great potential, looking forward to the future.

Overall these were exciting games, I enjoyed watching them. I was on the French stream, and the casters were definitely great – a nice camera focus on the important parts of the game, and some solid real time analysis on what happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Well the title is pretty straightforward. I’m wonder how ele performed overall in the qualifiers? Any new tempest builds introduced? Just curious.

What’s the purpose of this thread? If you want to know how ele is..judge by yourself, it may OK for you..or not; but asking on the forum will only bring biased answers for most part…do not expect no-ele players to say that ele is not OK