Different queues / Queue for each map

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Implement this as soon as possible. Everyone will be happy. Should have been in there from release.

Nobody likes hotjoin. All want tournament cause 5 vs. 5 and no random joining/leaving and not that zergy as hotjoin.

But fun maps will be removed from tournament cause we are forced to play them and some people don’t like them – that’s why they get removed. They are useless then. Nobody wants hotjoin. And I don’ t think you want to remove the maps you put a lot of work into completely from the game(you should do that if they only are playable in hotjoin cause nobody needs hotjoin).

Because people dont want to wait a few days until other maps are in rotation and we don’t want all maps from tournament removed(you can’t remove only a few maps and punish the players that like these maps but hate the other maps still in rotation)…

we NEED:

Different queues for each map. Make it so I can select the map I want ot queue for and then I will be put in a queue for this map.

I don’t care if it suddenly takes 30 minutes instead of only 2-3 minutes to queue. Let us queue from everywhere then – like from PvE and WvW from some menu… so we don’t need to stay in Mists for 30 minuts. Then a longer time is not a problem.

Will also increase the quality of matches because longer queue = less people “just doing tournament for daily achievements trolol”.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

hotjoin itself needs to stay. its just the format that forces zergplay that needs to go.
because people need a format where they can hop in whenever they feel so to just play free (or maybe test something). but the way hotjoin is now is just incredible. you can always tell whom of your party (soloQ) plays hotjoins most of the time, they never run alone and they (almost) always fight of point.
the perfect solution would be a hotjoin similar to the gw1 random arena. i know everyone is sick of those melancholic complains, but it describes best.
- join and leave only on beginning/end
- map rotation
- winner gets popup to next round / leave

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Remove hotjoin. Leave CA for people that like stuff like this.
-> More players for tournaments and different queues are possible.

Since these are not real tournaments(only 1 match) let’s call them ranked and unranked matches.

3 different queues.

1 queue with our usual maps that are considered “okay” by “pros” – for ranked matches.
1 queue with the same “okay” maps for unranked matches.

And 1 queue with all the other maps(Capricorn, Spirit Watch and now maybe Skyhammer).

These maps would only have 1 queue but since there are less maps in these pool it would rotate faster. Would be okay and enough possibilities for everyone to play all the maps they want in a tournament-like environment.

We don’t need the ArenaNet “server xxx” hotjoin servers.

Edit: This would make only 3 queues which is still better than 1 queue/map. And a lot better than not being able to play certain maps(being forced to hotjon – nobody wants it).

(edited by Luthan.5236)