Diminishing Returns on CC

in PvP

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

It’s about time we get some.

Thanks to warriors and guardians realizing that anything but tank builds are just terrible, I got to experience 8 seconds of knockdown due to hammer/mace spam from a guardian/warrior duo.

Good thing I had two stun breakers. I almost felt like I was playing the game.

in PvP

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

is this an qq thread about 2 vs 1 with 2 cc classes??

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Thanks to warriors and guardians realizing that anything but tank builds are just terrible, I got to experience 8 seconds of knockdown due to hammer/mace spam from a guardian/warrior duo.

Kinda like how a condition class feels like they’re playing the game versus an AR Engi? You don’t have a ton of room for feeling like something is cheesy when someone complains about your cheese its “l2p, adapt to meta”. I kill CC warriors all the time, learn their rotations and decide the best times to cc break to avoid chains.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Lolz.

Another QQ thread about CC. Highly telegraphed CC.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in PvP

Velron.3729

good movement/blinks are the counter to chain CC not stun breaks

Both are effective. Ronpierce’s advice was solid. If you stun break too early you’re screwed, if you stun break the correct one you can really delay everything and likely have outlasted any stability/condi immunity they were using.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Any cc war without zerker stance up should be easily kited/blinded also.

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

I don’t think we need DR to be honest. I’ve run weapon/utility glass cannon builds that rely entirely on the CC I bring. I sacrificed a bunch to get that CC, why should it DR? Same could be said about warriors and necros, as some necro builds I’ve run into are all about fears. Yeah it sucks to get stuck in a chain, but you learn from it and hopefully play better against it next time.

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Grackleflint.4956

Kinda like how a condition class feels like they’re playing the game versus an AR Engi? You don’t have a ton of room for feeling like something is cheesy when someone complains about your cheese its “l2p, adapt to meta”. I kill CC warriors all the time, learn their rotations and decide the best times to cc break to avoid chains.

Wrong thread, ron. Also, *still*l wrong on AR. We adapted to the necro meta. Now it’s your turn.

The difference here is there is no workaround, unlike with AR. :p

A skilled player should have a chance of downing one opponent in a 1v2. Right now if those 2 players chain CC (knockdown/fear) it’s no contest. Show me a vid of you defeating two hammer/mace guard/war and I’ll believe you. Show me how you deal with hammer guardian and a terror necro at the same time. 1v2 should be very hard. Not an auto loss due to excessive cc durations without dr.

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

it’s auto loss against decent players, they were decent players. tough luck.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in PvP

Grackleflint.4956

Step 1. Get on voice chat and then agree who will use all of their knockdowns and stuns first.
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit.

How is this skill (how does this make them decent players), Darek? Eight full seconds of knockdown. Also, what game is everyone else playing where—at the beginning of every fight—endurance bars are always full and your stun breakers area always off cooldown? Everyone likes to assume that every fight starts with 2 dodges and 1-2 stun breakers available because it supports their L2P “arguments.” That’s simply not the case in actual game play.

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Everyone likes to assume that every fight starts with 2 dodges and 1-2 stun breakers available because it supports their L2P “arguments.” That’s simply not the case in actual game play.

It is also common knowledge that the elite is ready to be used, and the Necromancer’s Death Shroud is full.

in PvP

Velron.3729

Step 1. Get on voice chat and then agree who will use all of their knockdowns and stuns first.
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit.

How is this skill (how does this make them decent players), Darek? Eight full seconds of knockdown. Also, what game is everyone else playing where—at the beginning of every fight—endurance bars are always full and your stun breakers area always off cooldown? Everyone likes to assume that every fight starts with 2 dodges and 1-2 stun breakers available because it supports their L2P “arguments.” That’s simply not the case in actual game play.

Aren’t you an Engineer?

So many trait and utility options to counter these builds if it really bothers you that much dying to them. -53% damage when stunned is traitable. Multiple stun break options available, lots of counter control and conditions, etc.

How did you get knocked down for 8 full seconds? What were you running for utilities? How did they land the first hit?

No dodges available? So they both jumped you IMMEDIATELY following you just finishing a fight where you somehow ended the fight by dodging twice? You’re just making stuff up now. Bad lie.

BTW, again – you’re an Engineer…I even bet you run Invigorating Speed for high(ie perma) Vigor uptime. If not, look into it. lol

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Deminishing returns on stealth too please

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

DR on CC when DR on conditions happens. Just saying.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit.

It’s a 2v1
Against two classes spec’d to CC
and you didn’t manage to counter any of their CC via blind/cripple/chill/kite/weakness/DODGE

Why do you think you deserve to win that fight? Or even have a chance? They spec’d for a playstyle, created a 2v1, and faced a player completely unprepared to deal with it. I don’t see anything wrong here, besides an angry player ranting on the forums because he can’t win every 1v2 by buttonmashing.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Velron.3729

DR on CC when DR on conditions happens. Just saying.

can agree with this ^^^