Disconects after December 2

in PvP

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

After the December 2 patch goes life, will disconnects be punished aswell? Seeing as some people just fake DC by shutting down their client?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Good thing i never disconnected before.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

You did. Remember about 2 weeks after the death game started, everyone was being transferred to hospitals, and put on life support?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

You did. Remember about 2 weeks after the death game started, everyone was being transferred to hospitals, and put on life support?

That was in 2020 way in the future.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

What about non-faked DCs? Like daily router resets, someone stumbling over the net-cable or power shortages?
Luckily this only happend for me once so far and I was able to reconnect in time (We even won.)

A friend of mine just recently had a random DSL-connection failure and DC’ed for a minute resulting in a loss that game.
No problemo – right back into the next, its not like its gonna happen again anytime soon? Guess what, after 3 tries of playing with us in a match he gave up and still had another 20 disconnects because his provider kittened up.

I really think its time to punish actual leavers and rage quitters but as it is with everything, it comes at a cost.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

nah, i dont care if they dc or ragequits. either way its ruining it for everyone else.

Shuriyo

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

I think you just eat the dishonor even if it is not your fault. Because that way it will keep you from playing until you get a solid connection, and you won’t be messing up the game and the rating of 4 other innocent people.

If your car’s brakes go out and you hit someone, you get the blame and your insurance pays the medical bills for the victims, even if you can prove that you just had your brakes checked. You cause the problem for other people, you pay the price.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)