Disconnect Rules for Pugquest

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

At the moment I’m going through and making sure all of the rules for Pugquest NA are clear, relevant, and fair. One rule that is up for discussion is the disconnect rule. As it is, any disconnect within the first 60 seconds will be eligible for a reset. After that, you are only eligible for resets if you have a lead of 50 points or higher. However, if it looks like map control is rapidly changing control to the losing team, it’s up to the admin’s discretion of whether or not to allow those resets. We’ve received complaints about how that rule COULD be abused (Alt+F4ing if you’re in the lead but about to lose), but I don’t believe it truly has been. I try to be more lenient for this event because it’s a for fun event where you can’t control who you’re playing with. At least if you’re on a team you know if your teammate has connection issues. Here you can’t control that. Anyway, I just wanted to get some feedback here, and maybe post a poll after I’ve seen people’s suggestions.

EDIT: Another rule that we have implemented right now is that Runes of Vampirism are banned on all classes. The bugs were fixed, but we feel that it doesn’t promote an enjoyable tournament experience. You can weigh in on that decision here as well.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

(edited by OlrunTheBlade.1486)

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

I don’t think there is anything wrong with Runes of Vampirism.

Don’t know how to explain my opinion though.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Runes of vamp are lame!

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

So here’s the thing with Runes of Vampirism. They really cut down on a lot of the clutch moments that make games fun. Set up a really good burst to kill someone annnnd… never mind he just reset to full health. It’s too strong for a passive and doesn’t promote skillful play.

in PvP

Posted by: Hubris.7436

Hubris.7436

I agree with first 60 seconds, but after that I’d rather not allow a reset. As much as I don’t like having d/cs on my team, I’d rather not reset half way through a match. That’s just how I feel.
I’m cool with vamp runes being banned, if anything I get tired of thieves getting resses off in stealth b/c of vamp rune proc when I would have cleaved them down otherwise.

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

So these tournaments are still happening? I was gone for quite a while and couldn’t really find too much information on this tournament. Disconnect rules seem reasonable.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Hello!

Where do people sign up for this?

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

battlefy.com/aspectgg

in PvP

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

the think with disconnection is that the person should be lagging prior to it. So if someone is feeling any issue and believe they will d/c they should announce it in map chat so we can prepare ourself.

however i think there should be a cut off point. if we are 5 mins into a game we should continue. This should also be a cut off points based on points.

As for vamp runes keep them out. They are the oh kitten moment. It allows people to get in do their burst and get out cuz of the vamp runes.

They should stay out it doesnt promote team play.

in PvP

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

Vamp should be banned from all competitive games. Let anet know what we want!

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

So here’s the thing with Runes of Vampirism. They really cut down on a lot of the clutch moments that make games fun. Set up a really good burst to kill someone annnnd… never mind he just reset to full health. It’s too strong for a passive and doesn’t promote skillful play.

The problem is that some classes have equally strong traits with the same function while others have weak ones. Compare 5 seconds of Endure Pain (read: Tarcis’ build) and 4 seconds of Elixir X (also removing a condition and granting might) on equal or lower recharges than 3 seconds of Mist Form. Further worsening the issue is that these traits are efficiently placed to be taken without losing other traits of equal or greater value.

I guess what I’m getting at here is that the argument easily goes both ways, and while passive procs are definitely an issue of overall balance, removing everyone’s access to one from a rune thus giving specific classes a passive anti-burst advantage does the opposite of promoting said overall balance. While by no means an actual fix (more so a band-aid), at least you’re closer to equality with everyone having access to said rune.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

There’s a reason why vamp runes are banned in EU KoTH with all the other cheese mechanics. Vamp runes need to be remooooved.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]