Disconnect Timer and Rating Loss

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

Hi folks,

Previously, if you had someone on your team disconnect from a match for 2 minutes or more, and your team loses the match, only the person who disconnected would lose rating.

We’ve decided to lower this timer to 90 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

It’d be hilarious if there was an algorithm that reduces this timer further if the team the DC’er is on starts to lose more after the DC occurs.

in PvP

Posted by: Freedj.8650

Freedj.8650

What’s the rationale for lowering the timer?

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Probably so people don’t lose rating to constant Dcers or players that arc andnreconnect

in PvP

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

Good change, 120 seconds was too long. Even 90 seconds is too long in a close match

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel.9240

Daniel.9240

And permit to the rest players declare /gg..?

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

Basically, we felt 2 minutes was too long. The change went live today, so we’ll be keeping an eye on things to make sure it has the desired effect.

in PvP

Posted by: Freedj.8650

Freedj.8650

Basically, we felt 2 minutes was too long. The change went live today, so we’ll be keeping an eye on things to make sure it has the desired effect.

Cool, was just curious. thanks for the response.

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Long overdue.

If this had happened a few days ago, I’d be 5W 1L on placements instead of 5-3. Even had TWO players DC in a close match for around 100 seconds each, and still counted as a loss.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Please trash the match when someone has been disconnected for 90 seconds at the start. That way there’s no frustration on the outnumbered team and the other team doesn’t get a cheap free win.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

A good choice.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in PvP

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

Hi folks,

Previously, if you had someone on your team disconnect from a match for 2 minutes or more, and your team loses the match, only the person who disconnected would lose rating.

If we have a teammate who DCs for the said amount of time and comes back do we still lose rating? Having someone DC for ~90 seconds thus losing a match(pretty much every DC above 30 seconds in plat) then have that person come back and cause us to lose rating really hurts moral.

in PvP

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Hi folks,

If we have a teammate who DCs for the said amount of time and comes back do we still lose rating? Having someone DC for ~90 seconds thus losing a match(pretty much every DC above 30 seconds in plat) then have that person come back and cause us to lose rating really hurts moral.

It doesn’t matter if the dc’d player comes back. As soon as someone on your team is gone for 90 seconds, you won’t lose rating for a loss.

cmc in game

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Hi folks,

My sequence when i have a short net dc….
1/ game stalls for a seconds..
2/game throws dc mesage
3/game goes to select screen or restarts
3.1 /have to relog
4/ have to reload hotm
5/ have to reload pvp arena

now i have game in kitten but a year ago when i dont have the ssd this proces tokes easily 90 secs
you have to adress the “reload hotm” thing atleast to facilitate players dcd for tech isues to rejoin quickly

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Hi folks,

My sequence when i have a short net dc….
1/ game stalls for a seconds..
2/game throws dc mesage
3/game goes to select screen or restarts
3.1 /have to relog
4/ have to reload hotm
5/ have to reload pvp arena

now i have game in kitten but a year ago when i dont have the ssd this proces tokes easily 90 secs
you have to adress the “reload hotm” thing atleast to facilitate players dcd for tech isues to rejoin quickly

That sure is sad but think about the other 4 players who have now lost the match. When I moved into my rental apartment I had the same disconnection issues you stated above, I can hardly blame the disconnection timer for getting dishonor, and even if i made it back by 2 minutes the damage done is irreparable.

in PvP

Posted by: darksouls.3908

darksouls.3908

So I have dishonor for a hour just for losing connection this is just bull Guild Wars 2. Need to fix this.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

As someone that lost a match by 20 pts when someone DCd I’m glad. Someone afk for 90 seconds can easily cost a team 100 pts or more.

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Why you punishing me for your fault. ArenaNet

Yesterday was my first disconnect, I immediately got a 15minutes dishonor wait when I relog back into the game.

“I load into a match, told everyone I am getting home, then bam! disconnected, I immediatedly load into the game as fast as I could managed, but the game send me to lion’s arch. 1) why did you send me to Lion’s Arch? I am suppose to load back into the match without dishonor because I reconnect as fast as I could.

Nevermind, I thought, I quickly load into the pvp lobby, still I am out of the match even then, by that time, I already gotten the dishonor, while I have no way of getting back into the match, at no fault of mine.

Okay, nevermind, maybe I dont load back in since I did attempted not to disappoint my teammate, with 15 minutes dishonor, I loaded another toon for wvw, what do you know,? I am loaded into the match at which time I am being attack by one team mate calling me trash, forcing me to DC so they dont lost ratings, at which time, I told them I don’t cheat like that as it wasn’t my fault and the name calling carry on, reasulting in me having to report them for verbal abuse. All this while, I am the one getting punish. Why?

I dont get to play in match
I get 15 minutes dishonor
I lost ratings.

How is this fair?

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Id like if the game kicked you faster in case you afk with it not kicking you in case you contest a point of fight someone.

in PvP

Posted by: zoopop.5630

zoopop.5630

Hi folks,

It doesn’t matter if the dc’d player comes back. As soon as someone on your team is gone for 90 seconds, you won’t lose rating for a loss.

don’t think you understood what he was really saying, IF the said player was gone for 60sec(1min) and then returns but still takes about 20 seconds to actually start playing/get into a capture point would we still lose rating?

I had Matches happen where players return back and are then just afk at base while still moving around… this is in high gold/low plat game play in rank. What you guys need to do is figure out a player “effort” level of actually trying to not throw the game/troll it’s team because of silly arguments. The less toxicity the easier for everyone to enjoy their match ups. League of Legends has a system where if you are in base for more then 20-30 second you DC from the game, and depending how often this happen would mean that the team would get no rating lost.

in PvP

Posted by: Known.4572

Known.4572

While I think this is a good change I’m also concerned about the effect it will have on people are are forced to relog because of people pulling others into walls and then keeping them in combat but alive so they cant /stuck. some people have fast computers and this wont be a problem for them but others have slower computers and cant always reconnect that fast. Seems lame to have them be punished for trying to get back into the game as fast as possible after someone else does something like this to them. Just my thoughts.

in PvP

Posted by: Weerus.3701

Weerus.3701

This might feel unfair to some people with very slow pc and unstable connection, but if you can’t guarantee yourself a fast enough pc and stable connection, you are ruining the game for 4 other people, so this is an easy decision to punish just one. Sometimes unexpected things happens to everyone, but that’s just the randomness of life…

in PvP

Posted by: ZiggyStardust.3194

ZiggyStardust.3194

Hi folks,

Don’t you think maybe people should be given grace period for like 20 seconds? I have stuck in bad textures many times, many people are helpful and understanding and they kill me, however many aren’t. There are many bad textures in skyhammer, revenge of Capricorn fountain etc…

Don’t waste your hard earned pennies for the broken game!