Discouraged

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Maybe I just need a break from pvp, but I’m really getting aggravated with playing. I would never claim to be a stellar player, but some of my match ups lately have been less than fun with either a blow outs or players not seeming to know what to do, and this is ranked play. I occasionally have a fun and close match, but that occasional match isn’t worth sitting through 3 or 4 really bad ones.

Maybe it’s because I soloq or maybe I’m really being paired with people of my level and I just have to come to terms with the idea that I suck. I can deal with the latter because that just means practice.

Anyone else feeling this way? I really like to pvp, but the amount of frustration the match ups bring just isn’t worth it.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

The vast majority of players I’ve encountered in the past 9 months are saboteurs; they will try and make their own team lose no matter what.

With the new direction of Guild Wars, 2, the one and only solution is to make friends to PvP with. It’s not going to get better.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

That’s been my experience in ranked as well. There’s good and bad days. The good are great, most of the bad are terrible. I’ve got a 40-something % win rate that I’d like to improve, but it could be worse.

I don’t really sweat it though. Win or lose my reward track still fills up eventually.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: JumblyJebus.5903

JumblyJebus.5903

Me and some others are going through the exact same thing right now. And as Justin himself told me it may be because of all the new/returning players since the expansion announcement.

Justin, why are we being paired with these players? The game has become a complete joke. Not that it wasn’t once you changed the leaderboards from MMR to “spam as many games as you can for highest rankings” <<this is coming from the current #1 player, I’ve literally just played more than everyone.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I’ve had the same experience in ranked yesterday for the last 3-4 matches I played. Matched up with, or against players probably playing their first PvP matches… 0 rotational and mechanical knowledge at all. Was quite appalling to see on my team, and pathetic on opposing team.

Not fun to play with or against at all.

I like to think my MMR is (hopefully) not that low, but maybe Justin will come in and correct me =x.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

(edited by Reikou.7068)

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I feel this – had a reasonable match rate all day (mostly losses 3 losses, 1 win) ratio – slowly gained points.

Many of the matches where we got <200 were due to players going afk or deciding to literally give up or DC. Had one match where two players went afk in the home base (they were in a group)- and obviously only interested in the easy matches where they had a decent chance of winning.

Problem is these afk peeps really affect the chances of winning any points as your team fails to get the minimum.

The rewards for being on a loss likely team – should be scalar e.g. Equivalent number of rank points for achieving > expected.

There is nothing motivating people to try there best regardless – as most points / rank and reward seem to be tied with winning (due to how old system worked).

Problem is we can see matches we are most likely to loose when we have two current top leaderboard players paired with unknowns – that generally may not be that great at all.

I really don’t know what can be done to improve the quality of the matches – and ensure a more fun experience?

On that note most of my que times <1 min tend to result in badly sided matches (usually an epic loss or epic win). Where if the que timer takes a bit above average the match is generally higher quality.

I am getting to the point where I would prefer a 5-6 min que for a better match than a 16s que match pop (I have had a lot of these lately) – just to give a team an impossible odds match which is not fun to play at all.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Discouraged

in PvP

JumblyJebus.5903

Reikou, Justin told me my MMR is above average and I am still getting the exact same thing. It’s as if the system balances things by giving better players bad teammates cause it can’t find people at your MMR for the other team.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

its a combo of the above, i had a ele who said he was pure glass. I said you new and he said first day in pvp. I said good luck. He ended up leaving the ranked match, it happens. Its like a pick up game at the park, some days youll play with good people and others there old guys who played in the 60s.

Discouraged

in PvP

Mysticjedi.6053

It is good to know I’m not alone. Sad that others feel the same though too.

Discouraged

in PvP

JumblyJebus.5903

Anet wants this game to become an Esport. So they make a leaderboard system that clearly caters to bad players by basically not being able to go down in ranking unless you stop playing. And now I’m realizing the matchmaking itself doesn’t really give a kitten.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Well all the good players left the game long time ago, just be friendly to the new wave of new players and teach them only solution until they become good and population grows.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Maybe I just need a break from pvp, but I’m really getting aggravated with playing. I would never claim to be a stellar player, but some of my match ups lately have been less than fun with either a blow outs or players not seeming to know what to do, and this is ranked play. I occasionally have a fun and close match, but that occasional match isn’t worth sitting through 3 or 4 really bad ones.

Maybe it’s because I soloq or maybe I’m really being paired with people of my level and I just have to come to terms with the idea that I suck. I can deal with the latter because that just means practice.

Anyone else feeling this way? I really like to pvp, but the amount of frustration the match ups bring just isn’t worth it.

My best suggestion to you is form a team with some frands.

Even if you guys are bad at first it would be more productive since you can communicate what went wrong.

It takes true masochism to endure thousands of solo queue games. If you can’t enjoy the suffering it will lead to the burn out you are feeling.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: manarchon.2089

manarchon.2089

No point to play ranked solo IMO. You need full team. I solo in unranked cause there’s hardly ever premade vs full solo or even 3+2 or 3+1+1 etc vs 1+1+1+1+1.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

??tfffwtf nob?j?!

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

Discouraged

in PvP

Mysticjedi.6053

??tfffwtf nob?j?!

I wouldn’t say I’m a noob. I have well over 2000 games in (doesn’t make me good, but I’ve been around enough to have an idea of how to play). I’m just tired of poor match making.

I agree we should help the up and coming pvp players, but if I want to do that I feel like the place is unranked or hot-join. Ranked play should be for people with experience.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I’m also quite discouraged since yesterday. I’m quite tired of legacy of foefire and it’s not fun facing engineers eles and guards together with beginners or bad setup. I’m also tired getting +1 only for my wins, whatever the score/opponent is.. I’d rather have all games on skyhammer or spirit watch, at least i know we can win even with these team disadvantages….

I will still maintain that this is a meta problem however. If beginners weren’t rolled that easily by those eles and engineers, it might be better…

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: sicsempertyrannis.3510

sicsempertyrannis.3510

If you don’t have a team, you won’t have much fun. The devs managing the matchmaking experience here are in way over their heads, and the result is No Fun Allowed solo queue.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

the matchmaking as it is would probably work if there weren’t only a handful of people playing ranked.
either you team up with people (been farming scrubs with near to clueless friends that play pve only) and get blowout matches in your favor or you get those scrubs into your team and will get steamrolled by any team that knows what the shiny buttons left and right to your healthbubble actually do. there are 5-7 teams with high mmr that play by themselves (after 3 am you occasionally get to play against them with your average-rank-5-pug against them, what a joy), the rest has given up. as it seems/from what i’ve heard even those people get matched with clueless aa-heroes when they play solo. the rest has simply given up i guess. either playing other games or farming dailies in private arenas then back to pve/wvw.
i’ve seen everything by now. recently i killed 3 people by myself as bunker while on another occasion i have seen 4 of my teammates being slaughtered by a thief and engineer. neither was fun.

i made a thread about a requirement for playing ranked as it exists in nearly any competitive game nowadays (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Playing-ranked-should-have-requirements/first#post4746764) but i am well aware that this would cut the population of people playing ranked by around 95%.

what anet doesn’t seem to understand is that big tournaments aren’t what makes esport esport. atm there is no playerbase. there are a few good teams that dominate the tournaments and that’s it. nobody cares about lederboarsd since everyone knows that it basically comes down to farming noobs to get to the top under the new system which makes it impossible for people with less time investment (even if highly skilled) to climb the lb. unranked is still somehow populated but mostly with clueless dudes getting farmed by premades on courtyard. the big lb and pvp overhaul made it actually a lot worse than it helped.
all hope is gone.
all is vain.
accept and move on.

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Discouraged? Im laughing my kitten off really.

Had a game on forest where my 4 teammates whent to cap home with all 4 of them….then continued to boss….then continued to their boss…..and ended up wiping at far in a 4v3 there

Had another game where we where 4v5. We ended up 3 capping them while i literally danced around ppl that couldnt even turn their chars around properly. So much fun to play with and against ppl like that -_-

Attachments:

Discouraged

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

yeah looks like it’s back to dota 2 for me at least until xpac/stronghold.