Discuss: GW2 PvP Expansion Content

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

What would you want to see (for PvP) in a GW2 expansion?

I know I have an opinion I’ll post later. I’ll update this OP with popular trends in the thread.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

So here’s what I would like:

8v8ish PvP inspired by Guild Wars 1 and Magic the Gathering. I prefered Hall of Heroes, but I’m open to GvG style.

When I, and all the other GW1 fans pleaded for this, arenanet often explained that they wanted a highly spectatable game so they could be an AAA esport.

That’s how we got only 1 game mode, downed state, small teams, etc.

Now it’s been two and a half years… and twitch tv doesn’t seem like it’s in love, or ever will be. We’re just friends with it. I’m pretty sure a lot of people on this forum understand what that means — it’s time to move on with your life, try something else. Maybe years from now you’ll meet again and get a fresh start, but if you just linger and keep trying… it’s never going to happen.

So I propose we try all that stuff all your fans asked for and that you claimed would be in launch, resulting in a huge number of preorders.

It’s not that big a deal, Blizzard admitted they’d made a mistake with D3, changed their direction, and look at them now! They got like 60% more viewers than you do on twitch! They didn’t even design their game with spectation in mind!

Anyways that’s what I would like from an expansion: what I asked for and was promised the first time around. I’d even cautiously await the reviews after launch, and, based on those, likely become a continued customer of anet.