Discussion on the new sPvP blog post.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Here’s a thread to talk about it. Mostly positive news. Two key things I’m very disappointed were not addressed

• Cost of renting a private Arena/server.
  • Ranking. Currently there is none. How will ranking be applied to the “for fun” free Tournaments and the paid Tournaments.

Also, observe mode should launch with private Arena rental. The is not a minor feature it is critical for GW2 sPvP to be taken seriously as an eSport. Frankly it should be top of the list. What are your thoughts?

Questions:

• What would you pay to rent a private server? It’s an important question because this is the point where free-to-play can go away. To be a serious sPvP you’ll have to have one of these just as much as you’ll have to have a vent or mumble server. The difference is voice chat servers have become free of charge. IMO the award of GEMS for pay tournaments is probably a setup to justify the upcoming cost of the rental, but to what end? What would you pay? 800 GEMS ($10 USD) 1600 GEMS ($20 USD)? What do you think is a fair monthly price to rent an Arena for your team?
  • Would you expect to see free private Arena servers for LAN in the vein of Team Fortress 2? I don’t see why they would not allow this?
  • Do you think Arena rental’s will make the sPvP side of the game more or less exclusive? I think it will likely make it more exclusive. If you take sPvP seriously you’ll want to be in a guild that has a private server. Casual PvE guild wanting to cross over to sPvP recreationally can do so but there is no real reward system in place for them.

EDIT: Although I’m glad this post finally surfaced I also feel like it could be summed up in a TL;DR Yes we are going to get the pay Tournaments working soon… We’ve decided you’ll have to rent a private server to practice and we’ll have that soon too, but not to worry because we’re going to award gems for ‘for pay’ Tournaments. Observe mode and leaderboards are coming, but we’re not making any promises on ranking, etc… Sorry no ETA on any of this guys, as usual “When it’s ready”

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

in PvP

Posted by: Mange.8324

Mange.8324

I’m more concerned about the actual Guild Vs Guild aspect that Guild Wars completely lacks at the moment, where are the guild on guild matches? That’s what I’d like to see on the leaderboards.

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

I hope these new features aren’t too expensive in terms of Gems.
I’d have to pay real money or do PVE, and tbh I don’t wanna do neither of the two. :P

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

No time frame to expect any of these features.

It took 23 days to get this blog post. He says there will be another blog post detailing custom arenas, meaning another 23+ days before more info is released, and if in the same fashion of this one, with no time frame.

in PvP

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

The name Guild Wars does not imply player run guilds battling, but is a reference to the lore. The game doesn’t need GvG to live up to its name.

I liked the blog post, and certainly some good news, but I had expected to see a mention on dueling at the very least. Some discussion on class balance, mechanics, etc. I think the game is pretty well balanced, but what are their thoughts on it? And their thoughts on all of the bugs?

in PvP

Posted by: Umweltplakette.2109

Umweltplakette.2109

I do miss a lot of things there since this blog is just about tPvP and nothing about balance or things they want to do about the hardcore bunker and dmg . Nothing about the sPvP maps (fix for sharks, no underwater combat since 99% don’t like it or even new maps that might come)
Nothing about the Point system which supports zerg > win and how they might want to fix the issue that people in sPvP keep zerging instead of capping and holding a point. At all nothing really new and nothing I wouldn’t have already known to come … I already thought that there will be better items and rewards for paid Tournament … the only real new thing I never thought it would come is the fact about Private Arenas to rent. But since I don’t have an active PvP Group or Guild this blog is just interesting for people that want to be the top players / that do only play tournament.

in PvP

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Inclined to agree with umwelt… whatever the kitten his name is.

All of this stuff was spoken of, in as much detail, pre-release. Anyone who read the articles and blogs back then already knew this stuff was coming. Where’s the news?

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

I’m more concerned about the actual Guild Vs Guild aspect that Guild Wars completely lacks at the moment, where are the guild on guild matches? That’s what I’d like to see on the leaderboards.

As a community I think we have been kind to ArenaNet on the state sPvP shipped in. Consider it continues to have none of the following:

• Ranking (matching two teams of similar skill is insanely critical to the system not locking out newcomers)
  • Observe mode
  • Private servers
  • Leaderboards
  • Multiple types of play (it’s point capture only)

Yes I get it when we hear “we’re at the tip of the iceberg” but from another perspective these are critical things. With all due respect IMO sPvP shipped in a very early state. A state in which it can’t be taken seriously as an eSport (ArenaNet themselves have said observe mode is critical for it being taken seriously as eSport). I feel like the list above are core features and shouldn’t have been post release additions.

in PvP

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

No news on different game types?(we need more then point capture..)
No news on GvG?

….sigh….

in PvP

Posted by: Xhaiden.3891

Xhaiden.3891

Well, that was completely disappointing given how long we had to wait for it. Not a peep on balance or even an acknowledgement? Just a brief discussion on features that probably should have been in at release.

Nice and all, but I care more about the state of the classes and the balance around them than any of this. The game likewise can’t be taken seriously as an eSport with so much bugged and out of whack among the classes. I was expecting and hoping for some news on what you plan to do about making an even playing field before you go on about adding more playing fields.

spvp has been a litany of disappointment since release.

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.5243

Tyrion.5243

So players who are not that great and only finish 5-9 place in tournaments, who still want to play in their own brackets against people equally skilled, have to farm gold in PvE or pay rl money in order to play tournaments (because the amount of tickets you get through chests is abysmal).
That doesn’t really motivate teams to get better.
I really thought the gem shop would be “just cosmetic” (and not be affecting PvP at all for that matter) but if this is really going to get patched into the game I will stop playing it. Every aspect of it. That is no threat, no one is going to miss me – but I would be really disappointed because of Anets decision making.

Instead of making the cash shop a mandatory part of PvP try adding some cosmetics on the cash shop that actually look good.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

no eta = dissapoint

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Irascible.8210

Irascible.8210

So players who are not that great and only finish 5-9 place in tournaments, who still want to play in their own brackets against people equally skilled, have to farm gold in PvE or pay rl money in order to play tournaments (because the amount of tickets you get through chests is abysmal).
I really thought the gem shop would be “just cosmetic” (and not be affecting PvP at all for that matter) but if this is really going to get patched into the game I will stop playing it. Every aspect of it. That is no threat, no one is going to miss me – but I would be really disappointed because of Anets decision making.

Instead of making the cash shop a mandatory part of PvP try adding some cosmetics on the cash shop that actually look good.

If you aren’t beating pugs in order to earn those free tourny tickets, you aren’t good enough to face the paid teams. That’s the idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

huh? players who arent that good wont be playing in paid tournaments, if they do they will get stomped by elite premades

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

@Tyrion If you can’t place top 4 in a free tourney, god help you in paid…

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.5243

Tyrion.5243

@Tyrion If you can’t place top 4 in a free tourney, god help you in paid…

You don’t get any tournament tickets in free tourneys (of course through the chests, but not that many, we don’t know how many tickets we need as an entry fee).

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Keep in mind that GW2 didn’t release as an sPvP exclusive game. Had they kept it in development to spend another few months polishing up some eSports-ready features, everyone who wanted to just PvE or WvWvW would have to sit and wait for no reason that impacts them. I get that they want it to be an eSport, people think the eSport side is the most important, etc. etc. etc., but the fact remains that this isn’t just a tPvP game.

Also, I think their order is appropriate, though I’m moderately concerned about the costs. Not that I’ll necessarily be partaking, but I don’t want entry fees into these tournaments to be such that people are discouraged from playing. The question of what people are willing to pay is important. Of course, professional teams with sponsors (which, sponsor display is another thing I’m curious about) will be fine, and splitting a $10/mo bill between 5 people is pretty darn easy, but I’m very, very curious to see how the costs pan out.

Also, keep in mind you can “purchase” gems for in-game gold as well. Earlier when I was checking it out, it seemed like about 2g would net you 800+ gems, but again, it all depends on how much things cost.

I get ha things like spectator mode is important for eSports, but right now, practice and true competition for these teams feels much more important right now to maintain interest and evolve the meta. With that in place, people can follow their favorite teams/communities to see how things are progressing without spectator mode until it arrives. They really need to nail the spectator mode as well, because the bar has been set very high with other games (such as SC2 and DotA2, both of which I’ve followed). They’ve seen what works and how those modes evolve, so hopefully they put together something awesome.

Then, all we need is an internet personality to captivate the audience. Something along the lines of Day9, Tastosis, Tobiwan, etc. Tobiwan’s enthusiasm got me started watching DotA 2 professional matches, and it hooked me. The insights provided by Day9 and the Casting Archon always interested me, because often they commented on the little things that anyone other than a professional probably wouldn’t know (timings, player tendencies, build order tells, etc.). Perhaps a game doesn’t need it, but hot kitten does it sure help.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

After that we’ll talk about another new feature – custom arenas.

Shut up and take all my money!

Oh just tell me if we’ll also get smaller bracket arena’s first.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

@Tyrion.5243

You get them for getting first place.

in PvP

Posted by: EvilExE.3460

EvilExE.3460

While the post is good and outlines what comming, though most of us knew these things would be in the list, it doesnt give us a time frame in which to expect it, i would have prefered a simple list of everything planned with a approximated time (a road map), even if they failed to make the timelines and had to pospone, i would understand. But we are in the dark, i hate being in the dark, its so cold.

Every person makes error’s, all that matter’s is how they fix them.

in PvP

Posted by: fiesta.3964

fiesta.3964

Sad blogpost IMO…. everything in that blog post(paid tourney and renting server) was on the old GW 2 website. Old news is old.

And like someone said, it took about 23 days for a blogpost…. so before we get paid tournaments?? another month? lol

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

id rather play the game as it is now than have to wait another 6months before they release it. i’m gonna keep complaining about changes i want to see because i want them to know. but i understand they (the devs) also take time to develop and test changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Well, that was completely disappointing given how long we had to wait for it. Not a peep on balance or even an acknowledgement? Just a brief discussion on features that probably should have been in at release.

Nice and all, but I care more about the state of the classes and the balance around them than any of this. The game likewise can’t be taken seriously as an eSport with so much bugged and out of whack among the classes. I was expecting and hoping for some news on what you plan to do about making an even playing field before you go on about adding more playing fields.

spvp has been a litany of disappointment since release.

Came to say exactly this. The blog post that we have been waiting almost a month now has been very anti-climactic. The two pieces of information that we received has already pretty much been a common knowledge in circulation – what’s new?

sigh

in PvP

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

The name Guild Wars does not imply player run guilds battling, but is a reference to the lore. The game doesn’t need GvG to live up to its name.

You’re right… but a lot of people had a ton of fun in GW1’s GvG and many would like to do the same again.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

It was definitely worth waiting more than 3 weeks to learn that Anet is implementing 2 ‘crucial’ features that have absolutely, I emphasise, absolutely no impact on the fun-factor of sPvP.

Maybe it’s just me, but I just lost all faith. I never thought it would happen, but D-game PvP will probably be more fun.

EDIT: also I find this

TL:DR – Less QQ, more pew pew.

offensive and utterly out of place

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Posted by: Arc.9374

Arc.9374

Pretty underwhelming stuff really.

But hey, at least we know about most of the features we already knew about.

Potaters!

in PvP

EvilExE.3460

You’re right… but a lot of people had a ton of fun in GW1’s GvG and many would like to do the same again.

Yeah i expected ladders to be a priority, since these are a driving force for guilds in pvp, but i guess they maybe thought custom arenas allow for external ladders to be created providing a back bone for Esports to build on, which is kind of how other Esport type games work.

in PvP

Posted by: Irascible.8210

Irascible.8210

I loved the blog post. I’ve been looking forward to a progress report / more info on these since the game released. I can’t wait for the extra detailed one. I’m glad they’re releasing paid tournaments first – My team tends to only play at peak hours when pugs are rampant.

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

Hahahaha, oh comments like this amuse me. The community does nothing but complain and cry foul, ANet tries to add a touch of humor, and suddenly people take offense.

I find the whole “why aren’t they groveling at my feet after throwing tantrums?” attitude incredible.

Also, I had a chuckle at it.

in PvP

Posted by: BLU.8961

BLU.8961

Im personally very disappointed in this blog post because we already knew all of this. What I (and I think a lot of others) want is an actual time frame. My team has been practicing for 15+ hours a week waiting for the competitive to kick in, but we cannot keep going like that not knowing when it is coming.

TL;DR Need TIMEFRAMES!!

Want your Games Casted, Hit me up in game!

My Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/blu42

in PvP

leman.7682

Hahahaha, oh comments like this amuse me. The community does nothing but complain and cry foul, ANet tries to add a touch of humor, and suddenly people take offense.

I find the whole “why aren’t they groveling at my feet after throwing tantrums?” attitude incredible.

Also, I had a chuckle at it.

I never cried about anything and worked on some humorous and constructive feedback on the forum. I have absolutely no problem with adding humour to the communication with players.

That being said I have every right to feel offended after Anet’s representative makes fun of fans’ passion and care (which are main reasons for topics asking for additional features). It is unprofessional.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: lyn.4156

lyn.4156

I guess I’ll sit out for this patch and seeing this maybe even 2-3 more before something serious is done.

atm I’m playing Smite and I find the game at least 3 times more fun than gw2 pvp

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

I didn’t say “you” did nothing but complain and cry, I said the community. You don’t have to act oblivious to the complete disrespect for proper software engineering, large-scale business practices, and the people themselves at ANet that has been exhibited on these forums. Many people throw tomatoes at ANet, only to expect them to kneel and beg forgiveness in return.

There’s no real insult to the fans’ passion and care, only imaginary sleights felt because of… I don’t know, reasons. They just used an old meme that is very, very clearly a simple joke.

I don’t expect people to understand the actual professional business world. I don’t expect people to understand project management paradigms, software engineering practices, or really anything that has to do with anything. I fully expect people to craft their own opinions based on what they know, even if it’s nothing, and I expect some to preach it as though it’s fact or simple truth.

However, when people take offense at jokes, I’ll be the one who stands up at laughs at the misplaced sensitivity.

And I can laugh very, very loudly.

in PvP

Posted by: Ezekeel.2837

Ezekeel.2837

So if I want to make some duels with a friend I need to rent an arena server?

in PvP

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

For as communicative as Anet tries to be, they have a major way to say a lot without saying much interesting things. Knowing new developments moving forward is nice but the fact that they seem to have a terrible understanding of how to deal with some real fundamental issues in their game.

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Just wanted to jump in and say that yes, it was meant as a joke. I’m a lifelong PvP’er (I go all the way back to Quake 1 LAN tournaments), so sometimes I like to remind people that yes, I’m a gamer too. Sometimes I talk like a gamer….because….well, I am one.

Hence the PS. Wasn’t meant to be offensive.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: BobF.3509

BobF.3509

What another great bit of marketing, written by a “lifelong PvPer” of course. Edited and approved line by line we were told, as to be a pristine delivery of crucial and sorely need improvements.

Instead, we reviewed features we already knew about, and the author(s) tried to take our breath away with rented servers. Really guy? You claim to be a gamer and give us this by-committee sales tripe? Let me ask you something Jonathan: if you were in fact as genuine as you claim, and were just a normal player on GW2, would YOU be happy learning about the contents of this blog? A few paragraphs of non-specific as possible sales language?

I’m afraid I’m done with this game. Tired of the Burst/Bunker meta that revolves around 7 class/builds only, described in a post your community marketing saw fit to delete because it was a little too accurate. I expect the same treatment of this post, further proving ANet is another insulated developer too sure of themselves in a time where the average shelf life of an MMO is about 90 days.

But please, take your time, release things When It’s Ready™. I’m sure the 10k or so playerbase left will enjoy it greatly, when finally released. The hype about this game becoming a viable esport has pretty much evaporated, but you guys “watch the watchers” so I’m sure you know already but aren’t allowed to articulate as such. Good luck.

in PvP

Posted by: BobF.3509

BobF.3509

I don’t expect people to understand the actual professional business world. I don’t expect people to understand project management paradigms, software engineering practices, or really anything that has to do with anything.

Some of us do, and this blog post is pure sales and marketing, .000001% substance.

Sorry, I’ve exhausted my fun for this game, and got my 60 bucks worth, time to play something else. I hope no one is upset.

in PvP

Posted by: Paranoid.9542

Paranoid.9542

I’m afraid I’m done with this game.

Cool, cya.

@Blog
Lookin good, be speedy with these, the sooner this stuff is out the sooner people will see higher level play and realise that the game doesnt revolve around glass cannon builds!

So if I want to make some duels with a friend I need to rent an arena server?

Or just going into an empty server like I was doing yesterday.

(edited by Paranoid.9542)

in PvP

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

I don’t want to speak for Jon here, but you guys already know quite well why you’re not getting a time frame.

If they said, “Well, we would like to deliver these updates in about a month.” day 31/32, the internet world would explode into a heap of pitchfork waving, and “broken promises” talk.

Given that I do work similar to that of Good Ole’ Jon here, I would never be so foolish as to give any kind of specific estimate.

I know we’re all excited, but we’re not nearly as excited as they are to show us what they’ve worked hard to complete.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I don’t expect people to understand the actual professional business world. I don’t expect people to understand project management paradigms, software engineering practices, or really anything that has to do with anything.

Some of us do, and this blog post is pure sales and marketing, .000001% substance.

Sorry, I’ve exhausted my fun for this game, and got my 60 bucks worth, time to play something else. I hope no one is upset.

<—PM / Software Developer

I deploy software changes / updates / new revisions on a weekly basis per client.

I can 99.874456% guarantee that what we got was meaningless lofty goals because what generally happened was they didn’t get nearly enough done to warrant a real post. So you fluff it up to your client (us) in order to buy time.

Now, I understand the context of the post and why they did it (listed above). However, as a game company and as the poster (Jon) saying he’s a tried and true gamer. I was really taken aback by how terrible that post was.

Just plain terrible.

Now I know there’s some behind the scenes political motives to not committing until something is solid. But game companies explain what they’d like to do and what they’re moving towards on a common basis.

You can look to modern games for Transparency such as Planetside 2. PS2’s Development staff responds with phrases such as ‘Yea we see X as being a little to powerful, we’re going to give it a few more days and if nothing changes expect some reduction in Y to X".

It’s called being a responsible vendor, and Arena Net showed none of that today.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

in PvP

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Maybe I’m a little crazy, but am I the only one who found the following incredibly interesting?

We expect custom arenas will be a massive boon to the sPvP community. These rentable arenas will allow you to break up into teams, have a place to call your own, and allow you to organize your own private tournaments. You can customize the arena the way you want it (within established parameters), and you can select which maps to play on.

It got me thinking about how Guild Halls in GW1 acted as a sort of lobby and how you could purchase upgrades like different vendors and whatnot. What if these private arenas allowed you to do the same, but instead the rewards were purely aesthetic and won by skill through paid tourneys (winning first place in 10 paid tourneys unlocks aesthetic trophy for arena, etc.). I’m probably reading way too much into it, but I think it be cool to allow players that have achieved things in PvP to set a distinction between themselves by allowing them to show off aesthetic trophies in their arena.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

^90% sure hes referring to establishing parameters like
-How many Pts to win a game.
-Map rotation.
-Total Players per Game.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: almostdaft.4319

almostdaft.4319

Instead, we reviewed features we already knew about, and the author(s) tried to take our breath away with rented servers. Really guy? You claim to be a gamer and give us this by-committee sales tripe? Let me ask you something Jonathan: if you were in fact as genuine as you claim, and were just a normal player on GW2, would YOU be happy learning about the contents of this blog? A few paragraphs of non-specific as possible sales language?

While the question was directed at Jonathan, I was happy with the contents of the blog. I’m not playing the devil’s advocate either.

I’m afraid I’m done with this game. Tired of the Burst/Bunker meta that revolves around 7 class/builds only, described in a post your community marketing saw fit to delete because it was a little too accurate. I expect the same treatment of this post, further proving ANet is another insulated developer too sure of themselves in a time where the average shelf life of an MMO is about 90 days.

Are you implying that they’re trying to hide something they’ve purposely did in order to avoid the truth? What?

But please, take your time, release things When It’s Ready™. I’m sure the 10k or so playerbase left will enjoy it greatly, when finally released. The hype about this game becoming a viable esport has pretty much evaporated, but you guys “watch the watchers” so I’m sure you know already but aren’t allowed to articulate as such. Good luck.

and thus Guild Wars 2 will share the same, glorious fate of that Guild Wars 1 did.
0% complainers, %100 players.
and it was a beautiful fate, indeed.

in PvP

leman.7682

I know we’re all excited, but we’re not nearly as excited as they are to show us what they’ve worked hard to complete.

The thing is – the excitement is long gone.

More than half of my Friend List is dead, the remaining part is just complaining about lackluster sPvP. There are few streamers left and no one will remember GW2 in 2 months if this stagnation continues.

It isn’t 2005, Anet, thing have changed and happen fast, very fast.

Have fun, it won’t last long.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: almostdaft.4319

almostdaft.4319

I can almost 100% guarantee that what we got was meaningless lofty goals because what generally happened was they didn’t get nearly enough done to warrant a real post. So you fluff it up to your client (us) in order to buy time.

Before you talk business, get rid of that almost.

It won’t get you anywhere. Either you’re sure or you’re a fool.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

Well you can never be 100% sure what a Software Developer tells you because in a matter of hours prerogatives can change and development time shifted.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

EvilExE.3460

If they said, “Well, we would like to deliver these updates in about a month.” day 31/32, the internet world would explode into a heap of pitchfork waving, and “broken promises” talk.

I do agree to some extent if you promise dates, but well this is where change is needed really, “development diary” is what i like to call it, where the developer talks a little about what they’ve done, whats being done, i like to see how a developer is progressing with the work they do, openess is what people love, seeing the passion in development, esp if its a game they are playing.

I would rarther have someone on the pvp dev team just post a little everyday, its not hard, and theres no need to translate it to different languages as the internet will do that for you.

(edited by EvilExE.3460)

in PvP

Defektive.7283

But I’ll make you happy and edit it to 90%

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Just wanted to jump in and say that yes, it was meant as a joke. I’m a lifelong PvP’er (I go all the way back to Quake 1 LAN tournaments), so sometimes I like to remind people that yes, I’m a gamer too. Sometimes I talk like a gamer….because….well, I am one.

Hence the PS. Wasn’t meant to be offensive.

It wasn’t offensive to me. I did find it rather unprofessional. The blog was pretty weak either way, and I’m rather surprised you wasted localization’s time with it. The largest concerns of players went completely unanswered while you gave us information that we already knew.

Hopefully your next blog will have information on sPvP problems that are actually ruining the system like skill spamming, unequal downstates, targeting problems, mesmer portal use, and zerging vs. objectives.

Thanks for telling us what we knew, though.