Discussion on the new sPvP blog post.

in PvP

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

I think the blog post was the best they could do at this point.

It seems to me like ANet has the long term success of this game in mind, and despite the fact that a lot of you guys are going chicken little, they are determined to carefully and continuously plod ahead.

I imagine the ability to spectate matches will be released about the time they feel they have the meta-game in a good place. Right now people are still exploring builds and synergies, and the meta is in a very volatile and new place.

I mainly play Guardian, and I think the recent nerfs to retaliation were warranted and wise.

I appreciate that features aren’t hyped to oblivion when they know things might change. There is no one person who has a monopoly on directing company resources, and so they can’t be 100% certain of where those assets might be tomorrow, much less 2 weeks from now.

Good blog. We’re all anxious and excited to hear more, and to see the details when they are ready. Don’t worry about these high-stress types who claim you must release things RIGHT NOW or suffer a SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH. They will never be satisfied, and will likely leave the game for something else anyway.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in PvP

Posted by: Dashel.8056

Dashel.8056

I think the post is fine it just suffered from expectations. I understand people should not have expected too much, but the tease and length of delay just amped everything up. I personally was expecting basically what i got, give or take a few features dependnig on how ANet prioritized it.

I’d like to see ETA’s on the arenas and especially on observer mode and streaming. I’m guessing this is a “before Christmas” type of timeframe. I would say getting the practice arena’s out is smart. Give people someplace to play and iterate their game plan while waiting for the rest of the stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m wondering if anyone in Bellevue has any clue how much of an unfinished sPvP they made and how pretty much they lost the game already.

And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, and blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up. And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

— Revelations 16:8-11, 17-18

If you want to speak of the doom of a game, I recommend checking out The Bible for some more exciting verbage.

Anyway, I don’t know what game some people are playing, but it must not be the same one I am, because I don’t see an incomplete mess. TF2 might have launched with all of those features, but I don’t remember it having a full and innovative PvE leveling experience or large-scale WvWvW. It might have had some good features, but I don’t remember it rising through the ranks as a competitive e-sport. My memory seems to be filled with an endless rain of hats.

I love TF2, but apples and oranges. At the end of the day, the game could be more finished in various regards, but it’s a hell of a lot of fun to play. The thing I’m most looking forward to is spectator mode, and that isn’t even placed in the batting order yet, but I can wait.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Well, to start with, I am a GW1 veteran and I had tens and tens of friends from PvP transition to GW2 and no one likes it. No one.
We all stopped playing after getting mid twenties ranks.

What some of you don’t understand is we as GW1 players waited for this game YEARS and they hyped it, we followed. We believed and hoped to get the same amount of fun the original game gave us.

Then we got this major downgrade of a PvP.

Guess you are unable to understand since you aren’t so tied to this franchise.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I’m more concerned about the actual Guild Vs Guild aspect that Guild Wars completely lacks at the moment, where are the guild on guild matches? That’s what I’d like to see on the leaderboards.

Have to say the two features that should have been in GUILD WARS 2 from the start: GvG and Spectator Mode.

I have no idea why GvG isn’t in a game called Guild Wars. I have no idea why spectator mode, one of the most popular features added in GW1 was left out. I think there was way to much eye on content and less on substance in this regard.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: Strzalka.9451

Strzalka.9451

This thread is silly.

The way the blog was worded, I thought they were going to add a new sPvP map that focused on an iceberg.

As for renting Custom Servers, I would be ok with it costing gems per month, and depending on how they set it up, perhaps anyone in the guild could donate gems towards the cost.

Diabel Zwierze/Ranger
80’s – Necro/War/Ele/Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

I’m more concerned about the actual Guild Vs Guild aspect that Guild Wars completely lacks at the moment, where are the guild on guild matches? That’s what I’d like to see on the leaderboards.

Have to say the two features that should have been in GUILD WARS 2 from the start: GvG and Spectator Mode.

I have no idea why GvG isn’t in a game called Guild Wars. I have no idea why spectator mode, one of the most popular features added in GW1 was left out. I think there was way to much eye on content and less on substance in this regard.

The name Guild Wars entirely relates to the Lore of Tyria. That’s why it’s called Guild Wars.

Is it a little weird that it was in GW1 and isn’t in 2? Sure. Is it a weird name for the game with out it? not at all.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

Posted by: Fantom.9217

Fantom.9217

and thus Guild Wars 2 will share the same, glorious fate of that Guild Wars 1 did.
0% complainers, %100 players.
and it was a beautiful fate, indeed.

I really really hate people that don’t care about a shrinking community. Maybe YOU would be happy with a single player game because you’re the last person on earth that enjoys the game, but no one else is.

I’m sorry, but it’s incredibly selfish to not care that the majority of your fellow players (or player base from the perspective of a developer) is unhappy with the status quo and are quitting like flies.

in PvP

Sky.9347

and thus Guild Wars 2 will share the same, glorious fate of that Guild Wars 1 did.

I really really hate people that don’t care about a shrinking community. Maybe YOU would be happy with a single player game because you’re the last person on earth that enjoys the game, but no one else is.

I’m sorry, but it’s incredibly selfish to not care that the majority of your fellow players (or player base from the perspective of a developer) is unhappy with the status quo and are quitting like flies.

What you don’t understand is that GW2 was likely not a good match for a great deal of those people.

For example… there is a huge crowd that clamors for “gear progression” of some sort or another in PvP. They claim they love the game, but will quit if they don’t get their way. They go on and on about how other “modern” MMOs all do it, and if GW2 doesn’t do it, it will just end up being a dead game that nobody cares about.

It’s probably best those people just leave now. Even if they are a significant portion of the population, their desires for the game run contrary to the stated vision the developers are working towards.

So, in a lot of cases, it is not wise for the developer to obey the posters on the forums. In a lot of cases, these players would never be happy with GW2, and would only serve to turn it into another game entirely.

This is not a subscription based game, and therefore ANet is far less beholden to the whims of a fickle month-to-month player base.

in PvP

Posted by: Fantom.9217

Fantom.9217

No one here is complaining about stat progression in PVP…. literally no one.

I have seen maybe 2 people ask for that in all the time that I’ve been following GW2. And they were both heavily shot down by the vast majority of the community.

The problem that the majority of the community has is that PVP is unfinished as hell, and that ArenaNet isn’t working fast enough.

I’m sorry, but you don’t get an endless pass on no feature implementation just because “you’re working on it.” There is a certain development speed that is expected in ANY project, software or otherwise. ArenaNet is NOT meeting that speed requirement right now.

edit:

What you don’t understand is that GW2 was likely not a good match for a great deal of those people.

People that want a ranking/ladder/leaderboard/matchmaking and spectator mode right now are NOT unsuited for GW2. Saying that this isn’t the game for them is absurd.

(edited by Fantom.9217)

in PvP

Posted by: Hsulf.9370

Hsulf.9370

Problem is with gamers is we’re always seeking more content.

I agree anet has been slow, its going to be almost 2 months soon of no new spvp content and we’re all now bored of the games vs pug and long rank grind.

However, Lol still has their one main map, they onyl added Dominion not too long ago, so why were their userbase happy for so long? (2 years).

They had self driven content on a plate, aka ranking system.

What the devs need to understand is, they can give us private servers and paid tournaments all they like, but people will also get bored of that quite quickly also.

If they wanted to implement something that would provide at least 6 months of content and worry about spec mode, private servers etc, they should have developed an elo or mmr system. With this in place, people may moan about balance of certain classes, etc, but at least it’s an easy fix to content and it would provide us enough to do for a long time.

tldr:
Even with private servers and paid tournaments, the mentioned pvp content is too small to entertain the fustrated community for a sustained period of time.

Godmóde of Team Paradigm
(Necro, Ele, Thief, Guard)
http://www.twitch.tv/godmodegw2

in PvP

Posted by: Xaximbo.2763

Xaximbo.2763

i will be brief. I am 0 motivated to do PvP without a ranking system that gives me rewards tied to the rank. Paid tournaments is free tournaments with better rewards end of the story.

in PvP

Sky.9347

No one here is complaining about stat progression in PVP…. literally no one.

I have seen maybe 2 people ask for that in all the time that I’ve been following GW2. And they were both heavily shot down by the vast majority of the community.

The problem that the majority of the community has is that PVP is unfinished as hell, and that ArenaNet isn’t working fast enough.

I’m sorry, but you don’t get an endless pass on no feature implementation just because “you’re working on it.” There is a certain development speed that is expected in ANY project, software or otherwise. ArenaNet is NOT meeting that speed requirement right now.

edit:

People that want a ranking/ladder/leaderboard/matchmaking and spectator mode right now are NOT unsuited for GW2. Saying that this isn’t the game for them is absurd.

I understand what you’re saying, and I used the stat progression as an easy example.

More to the point: ANet has stated they will take a slower approach to development, and they are not ignoring PvE and WvW either. They have said they have a small development team (with the pros and cons of such), and so certain things will take time.

Combine that with the fact that there is no monthly fee, and people are free to leave and return when these features ARE implemented.

So, this vision… this philosophy requires some patience on the part of the players. If you can’t muster that patience now, 2 months from release, then their development speed will likely never satisfy you.

Maybe you think I am being selfish, and that’s fine. What I am trying to say to you is: either be patient, or go play elsewhere until what you feel is necessary is released.

PS – Talking about majority here is ineffective because you do not have any data to lend credence to your statement. ANet has that data, and I am sure they are watching participation rates across PvP, PvE, and WvW. I’m also sure they will use that data to allocate resources as needed.

TL;DR – Calm down.

in PvP

Posted by: almostdaft.4319

almostdaft.4319

What should I do to convince my fellow players to wait for ArenaNet’s updates? Why should I, then again? Is it really that important to me that I see things delivered faster and broken to satisfy impatient players as opposed to waiting for a better outcome?

Maybe I should go work at ArenaNet and:

A) Undergo their trials of hardship and work to hopefully impact the speed that these desperately-needed updates are needing.

or B) Sit around and entertain you guys (via Jon’s post) while they take their time, like you guys believe, and watch our playerbase fall until the patch is released.

Keep in mind, I do wish people didn’t complain and freak out like this—especially my fellow players. I’m a GW1 player that has waited YEARS for this game; having the website set as my homepage just incase some bit of news came along. Either I’m a very patient man, or a fool. Somebody who has fun, or pretends.

I’m sure another week, month, etc. for this update won’t kill me, make me shun ArenaNet, and uninstall. Why? Because I’m not selfish. I have an understanding that things take time and maybe, just maybe, I don’t hear things I want to hear from a video game developer but incase hear what I already say I know.

and I nod my head and continue playing, eagerly waiting for their blog or patch. Maybe I would be selfish if I sat in my front of my computer, licking my tears while saliva rolls off my chin and say " YOU SHOULD BE FIRED JON, GIVES US WHAT WE WANT NOW. BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. " and go back to eating my mother’s spaghetti after a bubble bath.

So, sure. Call me selfish when I don’t complain with you guys. Call me selfish when I’m patient as I’ve always been with game developers. Call me selfish when I’m not screaming and threatening to leave the game.

Because then I’ll just be a selfish man who loves the video game he purchased, and still does, and will play it until further notice. In my opinion, it’s a great game and the fact they’re taking their time is OK. However, you might have a different opinion that I do respect.

and that’s life for you.

in PvP

Sky.9347

i will be brief. I am 0 motivated to do PvP without a ranking system that gives me rewards tied to the rank. Paid tournaments is free tournaments with better rewards end of the story.

What kind of rewards? Isn’t there already a rank system with aesthetic rewards tied to that rank?

in PvP

Xaximbo.2763

A development of this, right now you have rewards for rank 10,20,30… no concrete rewards. Is simple you rank into the top 500; A blue glow in your armor. You are in the top 100? A red glow, Top 1 team in the world? Gold glow Top2; Silver Top 3 Bronze… aesthetics that identify who actually pwns and who doesn’t.

Rank 70 means you neglected some aspects of the life sitting for hours in front of the computer, does not mean that your e-kitten is bigger. And yes spvp is a lot about e-kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Hsulf.9370

Hsulf.9370

@Almostdaft

Dude, it’s not that we have hairy balls of tears dripping down our chin. It’s simply that people get bored of content, and let’s face it, we don’t have much of it.

Some people deal with boredom in different ways, some write OMGAD posts. Some write more coherent posts on forums, some have unbelievable patience.

Fact is, a lot of people will stop playing until updates occur. I don’t think anet want this, so to stop this they need to prioritise what updates they do for spvp, and I don’t think the current proposed updates will stop the flagging spvp playerbases’ boredom.

Godmóde of Team Paradigm
(Necro, Ele, Thief, Guard)
http://www.twitch.tv/godmodegw2

in PvP

Posted by: almostdaft.4319

almostdaft.4319

@Almostdaft

Dude, it’s not that we have hairy balls of tears dripping down our chin. It’s simply that people get bored of content, and let’s face it, we don’t have much of it.

Some people deal with boredom in different ways, some write OMGAD posts. Some write more coherent posts on forums, some have unbelievable patience.

Fact is, a lot of people will stop playing until updates occur. I don’t think anet want this, so to stop this they need to prioritise what updates they do for spvp, and I don’t think the current proposed updates will stop the flagging spvp playerbases’ boredom.

and this is the only bearable response I’ve ever had in this forum.

in PvP

Posted by: Zetesofos.1724

Zetesofos.1724

Just in case anyone hasn’t realized this yet, but if you queue for a tournament with a pre-made party with all peoples of your guild – the message alerts that you are Team [Guild] instead of your team [party leader].

I imagine that when they finally create a ranking system, it will be divided into players and teams/guilds (since that’s really the only difference there is)

in PvP

Sky.9347

@Almostdaft

This seems like a legit way to word your complaint.

Basically, you disagree with ANet’s priority schedule. I get that. Carry on.

in PvP

Posted by: ShRNA.4376

ShRNA.4376

My problem with the sPvP blog: Toooo much Greediness.
Payed Tournament and Payed customize games are all that was talked about.
I understand that Anet wants to make money, but this is the wrong way to do it. You really want to get a large number of ppl interested and involved in sPvP first before you start to make profit out of it. Not the other way around.
Right now, sPvP community is already dying, and all those Payed stuff is just going one step further to push people away. You cant make a profit if people are not playing.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I would like you to envision the most sad and depressed face on a grown man when I’m typing this:

I, like many others, patiently waited for this blog-post. I have patience, but not an infinite amount. My patience would have been extended indefinitely by a post at least TOUCHING on some of my – and many other’s – concerns. To not even touch on these, and instead move toward announcing new paid features is highly disappointing. Look, I am not naive. I know business is about making money and as a business you should always look for new ways to expand your income; I am just disappointed that this aspect took precedence over key core features that are currently ruinning the Spvp experience.. That is all. I can’t better describe it. I had unreasonably high hopes for this game. I have played 200+ hours now (mostly in pvp) and I can honestly say that I am genuinely disappointed by certain things.

Final note. All of these paid features, in my opinion, amount to nothing if the players who would be paying for them are genuinely frustrated by the state of PvP. You can add all of the new shiny ways for people to pay money, but if the product they are supposed to be paying for is not “fun” (gosh I heard that so many times during development) then who exactly is going to pay?

My 2c from a big fan.

Edit for reiteration: I am not declaring that these things be implemented RIGHT NOW. I would just like you to at least elude to the fact that you A) Know they are a problem and b) What you MAY do to fix the situation. I LOVED your “when it’s ready” approach during development and as of me writing this, I am slowing growing to detest it.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

(edited by felivear.1536)

in PvP

felivear.1536

Another thing I need to get off my chest:

In today’s extremely competitive marketplace, you have many franchises competing for the player’s money, and MOST IMPORTANTLY the player’s time. I can’t speak for all, but I can certainly speak for myself. I don’t have the time or patience to juggle multiple games at a time. I tend to focus on one game until I get bored, or beat it, then I move on. Skyrim, I poured hundreds of hours into and didn’t play anything else at all until I deemed my time in Bethesda’s world was complete. I am currently doing the same thing with Guild Wars. I am playing nothing else (no matter how appealing Dishonored looks); however, once I get to a point where I am done, I am done. No amount of downloadable content will bring me back to Skyrim and in turn, no amount of features that would keep me going now in GW2, will bring me back if implemented later.
For people who say “just go play something else and when these things are ready, come back here”. I just don’t think it works that way for many people. By the time our current girlfriend gets her teeth and bust fixed, we’ll be madly in love with our next lady. Anywho, I’ll stop rambling and go back to lurking.

FINAL THOUGHTS (edit): Have you ever played a multiplayer demo on Steam, PSN, or XBL? You know how it’s always 1 game mode and your amount of choice and customization are pretty limited but it gives you are glimpse of what the mutliplayer game will be like? That’s what GW2 feels like to me. It feels like I am playing a multiplayer demo with 1 game mode and many core features being withheld for release. I seldom play demos very long…

(edited by felivear.1536)

in PvP

Posted by: Griffon.4716

Griffon.4716

Felivear you didn’t once state what you expected to see in the blog? Or what key core features are ruining sPvP for you? Is this some kind of troll where you only say completely vague sentences?

The closest I can understand from your post is that maybe you do not think it is a complete PvP experience, which I ask you, why?

in PvP

felivear.1536

Felivear you didn’t once state what you expected to see in the blog? Or what key core features are ruining sPvP for you? Is this some kind of troll where you only say completely vague sentences?

The closest I can understand from your post is that maybe you do not think it is a complete PvP experience, which I ask you, why?

I just made a post in these forums called “SPVP Blog: What SHOULD have been”. I put in there what I thought SHOULD have been stated. Please read it and let me know what you think.

in PvP

Posted by: thelorion.3680

thelorion.3680

TL:DR – Less QQ, more pew pew.

Less wall of text, more results! ;c)

I am a little disappointed about the blogentry. I really love sPvP, but i am not an e-sportler.

So i hope, that you will add more sPvP-options like “deathmatch” oder “ctf” as soon as possible.

Imho this would be a big win, when the existing maps has more variations!

in PvP

Posted by: Tomahorc.9607

Tomahorc.9607

I just got kitten off as soon as I read first line, 3rd paragraph

“So when we say we’ll show something “when it’s ready,” we really mean it”

I’m pretty sure you guys said something very similar pre-release about it being “ready when it’s ready”.

How can this statement be taken seriously when the game was released with so many trait bugs for EVERY profession along with tons of other bugs as well?

in PvP

Posted by: Ziddy.2583

Ziddy.2583

Arena Net, I hope you’re reading this. Please be at LEAST making your paid tournaments a priority which means you are working to push it out within a month TOPS. Do not be like Bioware, which promised ranked ladders and failed to deliver in their patch. This was the reason I quit TOR.

Anyway, I hate to be demanding, but the truth is that the game really is getting stale without steady competition.

in PvP

Posted by: Darkstar.2135

Darkstar.2135

The one thing that will ruin GW2 Spvp in the same way Diablo3 was ruinned is releasing content too late. Diablo3 made the mistake of releasing pvp too late and now most players have left the game because of boredom. GW2 is heading in the same direction with Spvp because at this moment there is no incentive to play Spvp without some sort of ranking or ladder system.

In my experience as being a gamerfor over 20 years is, Anet need to release something very very soon. It doesn’t matter what it is, whether its paid tournaments or custom arenas or ranking/ladder system. As soon as it is ready just release it, the balancing can come later. But right now I see many of my pvp friends list slowly vanishing because there is nothing to do but to play against pugs and there is absolutely no incentive to play as there is no real reward. I fear the Spvp community is shrinking and it will fall apart if Anet does not release something to boost competition in the next 2-3 weeks. I and my friends are all growing bored of playing without incentives.

And like others have stated, once our interest is locked into another game we don’t look back. Why would ppl go back to a game they left because they got bored.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

If you don’t want to wait for Anet to make sPvP better, there is nothing stopping you from not playing GW2 and coming back later. Lots of whine on the forums will be no good for anyone.

If things are very bad and they are in this case it’s healthy to have some discussion about it. I think a lot of us are holding back and being considerate that ArenaNet staff are reading these comments. I am trying to be as polite as I can while stressing the frustration.

If you care about the game or anything in life for that matter it’s good to raise you voice. Express you opinion. Sometimes the truth does hurt and I think we’ve all been hurt by the truth of our own mistakes from time to time. I’m glad we have so many diverse opinions here. It’s those who care who speak up.

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

Ah yes, using Diablo 3 as an example of a game that’s ruined. I’d like to see the source for “most players” having left out of boredom. The overreaction on that game was absolutely ludicrous.

If I use my 20+ years of gamer experience, then I realize that 15+ of it was games with absolutely no content patches whatsoever. I enjoyed playing the game just to play. I was never incentivized to play Mario, it was just fun. Counter-Strike never rewarded me in the 4+ years I spent on the same small subset of maps, and yet I came back night after night just to play the game. Why? Because it was fun.

I care about the game. I don’t think things are very bad. I’d love to see what people have to say when they aren’t holding back, as I know I haven’t been. If the truth hurts, then it’s a double-edged sword that should be hurting both parties. ANet needs to make a few key policy changes and get some rock solid features out the door, and the gaming community at large needs to realize how unnecessarily impatient and spoiled they act. Consumers in this day and age are complete brats about basically everything from what I’ve seen, and it never ceases to amaze and irritate me. But I digress. And now I sleep.

in PvP

Posted by: Bnol.8732

Bnol.8732

I just don’t get the e-sport push. I have never played or continued to play a game because it was a great e-sport. I think the paid tournaments will help, but I think a ranking system with matchmaking based on ranking (in both the free and paid tournaments) would help a lot more players than private servers. I would also rather have time invested in new game types, even if they are not perfectly balanced e-sport ready. IDK, maybe I am in the minority in not giving a kitten about whether a game is a good e-sport.

in PvP

Posted by: Lipstickxx.1043

Lipstickxx.1043

I agree with you Bnol to a certain extent .
It would be awesome to see a matchmaking ranking system.
Again , i feel duels would be awesome.

in PvP

Posted by: Aelona.8572

Aelona.8572

You can’t really go against players that experienced the first Guild Wars and those who were expectin a game that was over hyped around the E-Sport status aka ranking and everything right at the release.

Well in fact no, they never said it would be workin or something at the release, just that the game will have a major part focused on it and that it is or it will be awesome to play it, so people had expectation toward competitive action created in their mind.

And hey, too bad. You don’t have all of that at the release, hence all the whine.

Think people are a bit bored of the “wait and see”, we simply want to play what we are expectin to play, when we buy it, nothing more.

Anyway ! Chap, about these “special maps” mentionned in your article, will they be new ones ?

-Aelona / -Sygmaelle / -Ghinbi

(edited by Aelona.8572)

in PvP

Posted by: faiaar.2178

faiaar.2178

I am not impressed at all. Paid tournaments? Really? i mean they are the same kitten as free ones, what are they ‘working’ on? the rewards? Great.
Also i would never think that custom servers would have a higher priority over a ranking system or whatsoever. All good guilds i know stopped practicing because basically there is nothing to practice for.
The whole blog was a letdown for me, especially waiting for it 20 days and hearing stuff like ’ its come to a point i may need to write 2 blogs bla bla’ leading us to believe it was gonna be something massive, full of new information. Instead we got further confirmation of things we already knew about and are not something completely new, especially paid tournament that will work the same way as free ones but with better rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

just disapointed….

in PvP

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

There is no incentive to play these “paid tournaments” what for some gems ? which you trade for ingame currency ? Hardly a reward when ppl farm for the currency easy nowdays. We we’re expecting ladders/rankings , more pvp maps , different pvp game modes besides the obvious objective based ones. Very dissapointing

play hard , go pro.

in PvP

Posted by: Archetype.3582

Archetype.3582

I was really disappointed by the update. Nothing in there for me to get excited about… I am really surprised the number one thing in there was not new game modes. We need more then 8v8 capture the point.

in PvP

Posted by: DafOPP.2816

DafOPP.2816

The dev logic behind the order of release makes zero sense. How exactly will introducing paid tournaments make for more even fights? Strong teams will stomp either way, and when they’re not playing with a full five, top players will still carry free tourney teams leading to massive imbalances one way or another. Teams that are good but not on the level of the big competitive teams will still completely destroy groups of newer people in regular free tournies as well, because they’ll quickly get sick of having their money taken in the paid tournaments and stick to womping on newbs.

Give us an ELO system NOW ANet. My friends that are just starting don’t even want to play sPvP because they’re thrown against people that are so much better than them on a regular basis. Just copy League or DOTA or ANY OTHER COMPETITIVE GAME OUT THERE. Just let us play against people who are somewhat near our same skill, it’s not that difficult.

in PvP

Xaximbo.2763

This game is that present that is carefully wrapped with bright colors but when you unwrap it you discover that the thing inside, the core, is stale.

They have released very very few high end content to entertain those players who reached level 80, i thank them for not making a chinese grinding game that would take you 2 years to do this, in fact it took me 2 weeks to achieve this and i don’t consider myself a hardcore gamer. PvP is obviously an addon of the game, 3 maps, 1 game mode….. well at least World vs World adds some variey but this is not true pvp but a zerg fest.

In terms of PvE it’s exactly the same, when i first made Ascalon it was like wow game is gonna be hard i am frightened of what i can expect later at 80. Now at 80 with explorable modes… it’s still very easy, i’ve cleaned all the dungeons, not all the paths yet tho. But when i’ve collected all my ideal gear what should i do?¿

Maps are beautiful, exploration with the puzzles might be funny (best innovation and idea of the game is this, the puzzles and events in wvw, hidden chests etc…) but even if i do this in a month max i will have fulfilled all the game… and no, i don’t want a kittening legendary weapon i am not a chinese farmer >.<

This game goes downhill:

Lvl 1-40 Oh my god this is fresh, this is new yeah thats how a mmo should be. “Gogogogog buy this game, is huge”

Lvl 40-80 Meh personal story is fine but hearths and random events are “simple” quests indeed, pick this, kill this etc… ""Game is funny, worth trying mmo"

Lvl 80 “you are basically buying a beta, can’t decide yet if it’s worth or not, wait a bit till purchase”

If they want to make a long term sustainable project they have to care their fanbase because this could become Age of conan 2 in months.

(edited by Xaximbo.2763)

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

I bet they spent all 5 years trying to develop sPvP game types, so you’re right, that’s all they managed. Besides the entire PvE experience. And WvWvW.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomed.9168

Tomed.9168

This is reminiscent of GW1 where ANet takes too long to fix competitive PvP and pretty much every noteworthy guild quits before the first expansion. It’s even worse this time as eSports has grown to a level where the players have very high expectations of what is required in a competitive game.

Chaplan wouldn’t say anything bad about ArenaNet now that he works there but I can assure you he was just as upset as the rest of you when the original Guild Wars was suffering the same fate as its successor. To give credit where it’s due, ANet did go on to fix GW1’s problems — let’s just hope it’s not too late this time.

in PvP

Posted by: Im Too Godlike.5629

Im Too Godlike.5629

• What would you pay to rent a private server? It’s an important question because this is the point where free-to-play can go away. To be a serious sPvP you’ll have to have one of these just as much as you’ll have to have a vent or mumble server. The difference is voice chat servers have become free of charge. IMO the award of GEMS for pay tournaments is probably a setup to justify the upcoming cost of the rental, but to what end? What would you pay? 800 GEMS ($10 USD) 1600 GEMS ($20 USD)? What do you think is a fair monthly price to rent an Arena for your team?

I’m not going to pay a penny to host a private server ; I already bought the game, why should i have to pay more for a feature thats free in virtually every other game? I really hope ANet is joking about renting servers costing something. That’s just ridiculous.