Discussion to Remove Hotjoin from the Game

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Hotjoin is a taint upon the pvp community and gives the pvp of guild wars a bad rap – especially for those who are just starting. It needs to be eliminated.

(edited by Chicago Jack.5647)

in PvP

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

please don’t. ATM hotjoin is the best of pvp. Easy daily and no queue.

in PvP

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I kind of agree,

Lately I’ve been wishing hotjoin was completely replaced with an unrated solo queue.

Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I’m not sure removing hotjoin is ………………optimal……….

Where do you go as a newb?..
What do you wanna do with all the Pve’s like the above poster who don’t want to pvp?
Where do you go between ques?…

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Hotjoin must stay. I could agree however on 8on8 being removed.

Why hotjoin absolutely needs is a complete revamp on glory rewards. It doesn’t make any sense to get better outcomes playing on a fashion that has nothing to do with winning the match (sometimes even counter productive).

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

1) no petitions on these forums….think it says it somewhere

2) they way pvp is now, hot join is vital, remove it and you remove life support

Serenity now~Insanity later

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

You go to solo que. Why is everyone afraid of solo que? The rating system puts you in matches with people who are of similar skill as you.

Sure most of the early days of solo que will be a bunch of messups, but it’s an environment where you can actually LEARN to play your class – instead of just learning simple combos and peeling tactics.

Most of all, you actually feel like you’re playing your class and not just another person in a match. As a thief, nothing is more satisfying than using Shadow Refuge as a way to sneak up on a guy on point, instead of using it as an oh crap button or to res people in the midst of a crapstorm on mid point.

If there were no hotjoin, more people will play solo = less time waiting between games.

Life support!? Are you kidding!? It’s trash! It’s a terrible representation of what pvp in this game is. Promoting zerg wars? Are you kidding? So many beginners are put off by spvp because of their introduction to the game via hotjoin. Most don’t even know what the hell is going on in a match because there are too many people doing too many things.

Today I talked to a guy who said that he regretted purchasing guild wars because the pvp is so awful. He was playing hotjoin for the first time. Yes hotjoin is awful.

I talked to another guy (new) in the mists today, who experienced solo que for the first time. Said it was great because he felt the fights were like a chess game.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

No thanks, I think they should keep Hotjoin in, tons of fun and easy to play if you have frequent distractions IRL.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

+1 vote toward 8v8 being removed OR 5v5 hotjoin being top of the server list.

If 8v8 was removed people could still create custom arenas to cater to 8v8.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

noobftw.9654

You go to solo que. Why is everyone afraid of solo que? The rating system puts you in matches with people who are of similar skill as you.

Please, don’t force everyone into something that can’t be taken serious at all but still has a rating system. The queue aside, solo and dead tpvp just reinforce meta builds over and over again but in hotjoin you see new builds once in a while, and once in a while there is serious game play. And hotjoin doesn’t require ress utilities to play and no one there would suggest me reroll if I were on my mesmer or ele.

Time to wake up, competitive game play is not realistic. Once you take the blue pill and try to enjoy the pvp as causal you actually end up having fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Firstly change the name of this or the mods will delete it. Turn it into a discussion and less of a /sign thread (though if they want feed back I don’t see how a statically calculated endorsement from the player base is a bad thing.)

Anyways main topic. I think it needs to be the feature of “hotjoin” that needs to be removed and ofc a unranked queue added.

This won’t solve the overall calsual “who cares” mentality and will never breed a true meta when one considers zergs, and people playing a unique way for fun that won’t necessarily further a game in a productive way… However, it does create small community’s for games and I’m pretty sure that was the initial intention. Similar to that of various source engine games on steam.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

@noobftw,

Do you honestly think I play solo que because i think video gams are serious business? Hell no. I don’t cap worth crap in solo que. I look for the fights because they’re fun. “serious business” is team tpvp to me. Who says that you have to play meta? You won’t see many new players play meta – which is great because that means they are LEARNING HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. Do you even solo que bro?

For example, they might use dagger offhand on thief and realize that it’s crap because of the cast time on CnD. They will realize that any good player will ether dodge roll, blind, or aegis it. Then they learn the power of dodging, blinding, or aegis’ing (I realize that isn’t a word). No meta builds needed to tell them that.

Hotjoin is the very thing that is suffocating the spvp of this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Warbarbie.8147

Warbarbie.8147

They only need to rework hot-join like a tpvp unranked matches and rework pvp glory system and points in-match system.

Hot joins needs to be the first step to understand how play conquest correctly, so it needs to be a training area.

Now it’s only chaos and you get more glory (=useless) in hot join insead of tpvp.

People need to understand the importance of winning, so it’s a bad design if you get rank/glory during the match if you lose too, people need to fight to win, if they don’t care about winning or losing, they’ll never try to understand how to play conquest correctly.

It’s a no sense.

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

@Warbarbie,

Yes they will. Some new person might say to themselves, “You know what? I’m going to try and create a build that is super tanky and all I will do is sit on one point. My hope is that I can tank any damage coming my way and hold that point for my team because I realized that capture points are critical.” Boom. they learned something called a bunker build. That introduction of a bunker build will lead other new players to try and beat it – hell they might try to make a guardian roamer, who cares? They are learning how to play the game, instead of just spamming a bunch of random skills. If the guardian roamer doesn’t work, then they have to ask themselves why it doesn’t work. Well it doesn’t work because most bunker builds use boons like protection or blocks to sustain themselves. Guardians don’t have many unblockable skills or boon removal, so they might find something different. The important thing is to get the learning to snowball without anyone saying to them, “You have to run this build.”

in PvP

noobftw.9654

@noobftw,

Do you honestly think I play solo que because i think video gams are serious business? Hell no. I don’t cap worth crap in solo que. I look for the fights because they’re fun. “serious business” is team tpvp to me. Who says that you have to play meta? You won’t see many new players play meta – which is great because that means they are LEARNING HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. Do you even solo que bro?

For example, they might use dagger offhand on thief and realize that it’s crap because of the cast time on CnD. They will realize that any good player will ether dodge roll, blind, or aegis it. Then they learn the power of dodging, blinding, or aegis’ing (I realize that isn’t a word). No meta builds needed to tell them that.

Hotjoin is the very thing that is suffocating the spvp of this game.

dude, what are you talking about. Hotjoin is suffocating the pvp? In which way? By entertaining a hug portion of pvp’er?

Hotjoin is easy in and out fun if you know how to have fun. Plus it offers the gameplay closest to GVG, death match, 3v3, 2v2. Now you want to remove that and make everyone commit 15mins to SYG spam, condi spam, aoe spam, evasion spam, ress spam … all the nonsense on the point, and now I need to get on mic every time I want to be taken seriously. SRSLY, What about just having fun?
You soloQer really need to understand how to have fun instead of caring about the leaderboard.
I do play soloQ and tourny too but it’s just not right for me there. It’s not a serious game so stop pretending to be serious pros. And CnD is crap not because the slow animation (many ways to make it work), its because the conquest game mode. If you ever come to hotjoin or wvw you might see some good pd or even dd thief once a while coz in hotjoin majority doesn’t care about the points, which is where the game needs to be IMHO.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Good 8v8 GvG would be on Foefire with the NPC’s health buffed and no point control.

Win clause is kill the enemies lord, however you would have to kill the guards first. Some shield generators on the points could be added to try to limit zerging enemy lords.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I really like hotjoin. If anything I’d like to see solo arena become unrated with a randomized matchmaking system.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

please don’t. ATM hotjoin is the best of pvp. Easy daily and no queue.

i agree.
i only play hot joins nowadays.

fast to get in and get out.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

just who the kitten are you to tell me how should i play spvp?
you like solo queue, you go solo queue, the rest of us are happy with hot joins.

Sure most of the early days of solo que will be a bunch of messups, but it’s an environment where you can actually LEARN to play your class – instead of just learning simple combos and peeling tactics.

most people just wanna have some fast simple spvp fun in hot joins, not serious arena play.

If there were no hotjoin, more people will play solo = less time waiting between games.

you need accept this fact. people love hot join more than arena. casual > serious

hot join = casual, simple
arena = non casual, serious not simple

Life support!? Are you kidding!? It’s trash! It’s a terrible representation of what pvp in this game is. Promoting zerg wars? Are you kidding? So many beginners are put off by spvp because of their introduction to the game via hotjoin. Most don’t even know what the hell is going on in a match because there are too many people doing too many things.

it is fun, it is casual, it is what most people enjoy.
just because you do not find it fun, does not mean it is bad for everyone else.

Today I talked to a guy who said that he regretted purchasing guild wars because the pvp is so awful. He was playing hotjoin for the first time. Yes hotjoin is awful.

I talked to another guy (new) in the mists today, who experienced solo que for the first time. Said it was great because he felt the fights were like a chess game.

2 people do not speak for the whole community.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Remove 8vs8

Give glory ONLY when you win

Rehaul reward system

PvP fixed

No, don’t thank me.

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

No CnD sucks because of wind-up time. The only other option to quicken that is through quickness, which ether is an rng proc or a skill on a 60 second recharge time. This is offtopic though.

I already told you I don’t play “serious mode” in solo que, so I don’t see why you keep bringing that up. If you actually play solo que, you would realize that a person’s life is actually really important – it’s why we have roamers in the game. It’s not because of conquest mode.

3v3, 2v2 in hotjoin? Lol it’s a zerg-fest that only promotes simple combos and peeling tactics! Wake up! The game is far more than that!

Condi spam – necros need to be toned down. I agree, but you will see even more of this junk in zerg-fest hotjoin than solo que.

AoE spam? How in the world can you compare AoE usage as somehow “less” than in solo que? Secondly, you can actually LEARN how to beat AoE spam in solo que because there isn’t 6 people doing it.

Evasion spam – I assume you’re talking s/d thief. There are windows of opportunity to take advantage of against s/d thieves, and a player might actually have a chance to LEARN how beat it in an environment where there isn’t 3 to four people on every point (more likely an entire 8 man team on one).

Ultimately you are assuming that ALL new players are going to run meta builds, which they don’t. This might be news to you, but not a lot of people who play video games visit and post on forums – we are a minority.

The hell are you talking about going on a mic. We’re talking solo que here, at least read and try to listen to what I’m saying before writing a response.

The ability to learn and know how to counter things in pvp is the magic behind pvp that you can’t really fully experience in pve. Unfortunately most players are subjected to the spam of 8 players in hotjoin, and instantly get confused and say whatever i guess i’ll just zerg. Then the pressing of one key the entire match commences. There is so much more to this game than that, but figuring that out requires a learning environment. You can’t get that from trash hotjoin.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Remove 8vs8

Give glory ONLY when you win

Rehaul reward system

PvP fixed

No, don’t thank me.

8 vs 8 is fine.
it is you all whiners that should stop complaining and accepting 8 vs 8 as it is.

glory is working fine also. no need to fix what is not broken.
maybe give more glory for winning team.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

No CnD sucks because of wind-up time. The only other option to quicken that is through quickness, which ether is an rng proc or a skill on a 60 second recharge time. This is offtopic though.

I already told you I don’t play “serious mode” in solo que, so I don’t see why you keep bringing that up. If you actually play solo que, you would realize that a person’s life is actually really important – it’s why we have roamers in the game. It’s not because of conquest mode.

3v3, 2v2 in hotjoin? Lol it’s a zerg-fest that only promotes simple combos and peeling tactics! Wake up! The game is far more than that!

Condi spam – necros need to be toned down. I agree, but you will see even more of this junk in zerg-fest hotjoin than solo que.

AoE spam? How in the world can you compare AoE usage as somehow “less” than in solo que? Secondly, you can actually LEARN how to beat AoE spam in solo que because there isn’t 6 people doing it.

Evasion spam – I assume you’re talking s/d thief. There are windows of opportunity to take advantage of against s/d thieves, and a player might actually have a chance to LEARN how beat it in an environment where there isn’t 3 to four people on every point (more likely an entire 8 man team on one).

Ultimately you are assuming that ALL new players are going to run meta builds, which they don’t. This might be news to you, but not a lot of people who play video games visit and post on forums – we are a minority.

The hell are you talking about going on a mic. We’re talking solo que here, at least read and try to listen to what I’m saying before writing a response.

The ability to learn and know how to counter things in pvp is the magic behind pvp that you can’t really fully experience in pve. Unfortunately most players are subjected to the spam of 8 players in hotjoin, and instantly get confused and say whatever i guess i’ll just zerg. Then the pressing of one key the entire match commences. There is so much more to this game than that, but figuring that out requires a learning environment. You can’t get that from trash hotjoin.

do you even realize you have no kitten rights to force people to play the game your way?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

If the majority gave half a rats kitten about your wall of text explanation they would be in solo que instead of hot-join. The reality is most just want to fight, for those who don’t mind dropping in a que, Hot-join fills the void of just waiting (if you dont want to pve) or if you just want a quick game or two but don’t want to commit yourself you can pop in and out at your discretion.

I used to think it should go, now I feel it is one of the more…ergonomic(?) features in GW2.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

@Deimos,

That’s the beauty behind it! I’m not! I’m trying to promote and environment that allows people to learn how to play the game their way. You cannot, I repeat CANNOT get that in Hotjoin.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@Deimos,

That’s the beauty behind it! I’m not! I’m trying to promote and environment that allows people to learn how to play the game their way. You cannot, I repeat CANNOT get that in Hotjoin.

what if, people do not what to get those?
they just want to have some simple fun in hot join.

you think it is trash,
they think it is fun.

you try to show them it is thrash, while your method is fun.
they insist it is fun.

now you try to take away their fun.

do you understand what i am saying?

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

@ensoriki,

You can do the exact same thing in solo que.

If more people played solo que, wait times would be nearly non-existent.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@ensoriki,

You can do the exact same thing in solo que.

If more people played solo que, wait times would be nearly non-existent.

errr wishful thinking.
there is still warm up time before the match actually starts.

people who prefers casual spvp will still play in hotjoin servers that enables instant join in and drop out, and one team change per 15 minutes game.

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

@Deimos,

What are you even talking about? I already told you, you can play it however you want – that’s what you’re doing in hotjoin.

I’ve repeated many times already, I don’t give a kitten about capping points in solo que. Solo que is not as “serious business” as people are making it out to be. I know others who feel the same way. I know others who really want to cap. I know others who want to shadow their teammates. Who cares what they do, as long as they are playing the game their way and learning in the process.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@Jack,

the beauty of hot join is casual spvp, which cannot be found in solo arena or team arena.

people simply wants a place to fight, to run, etc.

they want to be able to join in anytime and leave anytime.
if they stay until the end, they earn some extra glory and rank points.
flexibility. freedom.

you cannot get any of those in solo or team arena.

and now you want to take these freedom away from us.
what do you expect us to feel when you say that?

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Hotjoin is chaos. Some people find the chaos highly enjoyable. Yes, it has its faults, but that is more because people have too high of expectations of it. Let it be as it is, and either participate or don’t. Don’t cry out to remove it simply because you don’t like it.

For the record, I hate WvWvW.

in PvP

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I was put off by hot join when it was first introduced. That is why I did not play sPvP for a long while. I like the way it was in beta better.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Hotjoin is fun because there’s no queue, there’s no wait for matches to begin, I can switch teams when I want, leave the game when I want and I generally get a lot of rank points.

I think Anet should be adding more modes, more options, and more rewards not removing stuff.

Perhaps if tournament play (both solo and team) were as fun and easy as hotjoin more people would participate in those game modes.

in PvP

noobftw.9654

Lol, you are the first person to tell me quickness should be used on CnD. Just LOL. CnD has no cast time, it cloaks you on the first target you hit, what frustrates you is probably the swing motion. Psst, turn your character anti-clockwise while in animation, it fastens the motion and hits 360 degrees instead of 180-. Don’t thank me, this trick wont help you much in soloQ. coz the only reason thief is a must there is boon strip on s/d 3 and CnD is just in the way. But if you want to use quickness your way, be my guest.

I am not gonna preach you how to play so please don’t preach me how to play either. And don’t even think about I need your help to counter meta build just because I rather play hotjoin than arena. And I am not even going to point out how you fail at conquest since you ‘look for a fight’.

Let’s leave it at that but one thing I can promise you is, once hot join is removed, it’s the death of gw2 pvp. At least in current conquest era. But who cares.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

@Jack,

the beauty of hot join is casual spvp, which cannot be found in solo arena or team arena.

flexibility. freedom.

The point is not if you enjoy it or not.

Hotjoin teaches bad habits, and doesn’t make you to learn the game HOW IT SHOULD BE PLAYED.

Hotjoin should be what the name says: join whenever you want, leave whenver you want, with no penalties ( aka HOTJOIN).

But you need to not be rewarded for playing bad.

8vs8 should not exist, since maps are not designed for such high number of players.

You should not gain glory if you lose, because you should play to win.

Only if this gets fixed we can hope for the reward overhaul PvP desperately needs.

Period.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes, it matters. i play a game to enjoy.

Hotjoin teaches bad habits, and doesn’t make you to learn the game HOW IT SHOULD BE PLAYED.

and who are you to decide how i should play?

Hotjoin should be what the name says: join whenever you want, leave whenver you want, with no penalties ( aka HOTJOIN).

correct.

and what rights do you have to say i am playing bad?

8vs8 should not exist, since maps are not designed for such high number of players.

8 vs 8 is fun, lets keep it that way.

no, we gain glory for the things we do while in a spvp match, we gain extra glory at the end of the match.

we play to have fun.
winning is a by product of fun.

Only if this gets fixed we can hope for the reward overhaul PvP desperately needs.

Period.

it needs some fix, but not by the removal of hot join.
now if they increase the rewards for playing solo arena arena drastically, i am sure solo or team arena will see an increase of players.

in PvP

noobftw.9654

@Jack,

flexibility. freedom.

Period.

Lol, you have the OP preaching us to find 3v3, gvg or even look for a fight in soloQ and turn around to tell us we doing conquest wrong?

Geeze, what’s up with this soloQ pride. Just assuming everyone in hotjoin is of lower breeed? What did this healthy attitude come from?

in PvP

Hammerheart.1426

This is a game.

I didn’t realize PvP had an instruction manual.

This is EXACTLY what it is. What is the penalty for leaving?

What is the reward for “playing bad?” Is it because the inherent chaos of hotjoin doesn’t conform to the “competitive” style of play you desire? Welp, too bad.

If that was the case, then why does everyone fit?

What you are talking about is a complete overhaul for the PvP Rank system. Without glory gains from losses, ranking up would grind to a halt. And again, stop projecting your playstyle desires onto the rest of the community.

I will agree with you here, the incentive to pvp is lacking beyond cosmetics.

Period.

Comma,

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

yes, it matters. i play a game to enjoy.

Fine

and who are you to decide how i should play?

No one. Still this game is a CONQUEST game, you should play according to this rule.

If you stay on a point in 5 just to earn points and zerg the first one you see, you’re not playing good.

You may lose at the end of the match for playing “sissy strategy”, but if you score 300 points while the winning team scores an average of 80 points ( and glory is the only reward), there’s something CLEARLY wrong

correct.

Indeed.

and what rights do you have to say i am playing bad?

Read above.

8 vs 8 is fun, lets keep it that way.

No other game mode in PvP has 8v8. If hotjoin is newbies " first approach", they should learn how to play the game. 8vs8 has no place in this regard.

no, we gain glory for the things we do while in a spvp match, we gain extra glory at the end of the match.

And this is clearly wrong, read above again.

Period.

it needs some fix, but not by the removal of hot join.
now if they increase the rewards for playing solo arena arena drastically, i am sure solo or team arena will see an increase of players.

No, it should be removed asap.

If you still can’t understand this, i ’ll outright ignore you, since i would be clearly wasting my time.

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

try asking for the increased rewards for playing solo and team arena, perhaps you might get more support.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@MrBig

again, you have no rights to dictate how other players should play the game.

in PvP

Hammerheart.1426

@MrBig,

You need friends.

That aside, every single person in the “competitive” scene has started out in the hotjoin environment, and they managed to transition to the tournament scene without much difficulty. If people are having such a hard time adapting to the two different PvP settings, maybe this isn’t the game for them.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

@MrBig

I agree with you.

I’m not bashing hotjoin players, i’m bashing THE SYSTEM.

You zerg in HJ because the system allows you to gain more rewards while doing so.

The system is flawed from its existance.

If you gained glory ONLY WHEN WINNING, you could still play the way you want, but you wouldn’t be rewarded.

This is not how “I” think the game should be played, this is how “DEVS” think the game should be played ( competitive matches clearly show that).

It’s dev faults for designing Hotjoin that way.

Custom arenas are still there, go play them if you wish, but there’s NO WAY the very devs of this game should promote bad play and teaching bad habits with their flawed hotjoin system.

This is what is wrong.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

most people prefer hot joins
some people prefer solo / team arena
everyone is happy.

now, those some people who prefers solo / team arena wants hot joins to be removed.
most people is not happy.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@MrBig

just drastically increase the rewards for playing solo and team arena.
that would help fix the system.

the amount of glory / rank gained in hot join is fair acceptable.
the amount of glory / rank gained from solo / team arena is … not enough motivation.

ask for the increase of glory / rank rewards gained from solo / team arena.
not removal of hot joins.

in PvP

Hammerheart.1426

@MrBig

I agree with you.

I’m not bashing hotjoin players, i’m bashing THE SYSTEM.

You zerg in HJ because the system allows you to gain more rewards while doing so.

The system is flawed from its existance.

If you gained glory ONLY WHEN WINNING, you could still play the way you want, but you wouldn’t be rewarded.

This is not how “I” think the game should be played, this is how “DEVS” think the game should be played ( competitive matches clearly show that).

It’s dev faults for designing Hotjoin that way.

Custom arenas are still there, go play them if you wish, but there’s NO WAY the very devs of this game should promote bad play and teaching bad habits with their flawed hotjoin system.

This is what is wrong.

There exist two different environments in sPvP; Tournaments, and Hotjoin.

Both of these environments have their own playstyle.

Participating in one does not hinder you in any way from playing the other.

Get more friends and stop getting mad at solo q’ers who don’t play the way you want them to.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

@MrBig

just drastically increase the rewards for playing solo and team arena.
that would help fix the system.

the amount of glory / rank gained in hot join is fair acceptable.
the amount of glory / rank gained from solo / team arena is … not enough motivation.

ask for the increase of glory / rank rewards gained from solo / team arena.
not removal of hot joins.

Again, it’s not the point.

Hotjoin is the first approach to PvP, the only “resemlance” of an unranked match.

It should teach you to play the game.

If people start going into solo queue as rank1 ( because “rewards are better LOLOLOL”) for the first 10 matches they need to have a ranking, they will totally RUIN those ones playing with them because, as clueless as they are, they will more likely be the sixth one on the opposing team rather than a useful ally for their mates

This is a flawed system, i can’t understand what it’s so difficult to get.

Again, custom arenas can be settled as current hotjoin, they will stay and you all will be able to play them.

But hotjoin servers should “teach you how to play”, not teach you " LOLOLOL ZEEEEEERG".

in PvP

Posted by: Intellidonkey.5410

Intellidonkey.5410

I can’t believe people are defending 8v8.

I don’t agree with removing hotjoin, I play it when I’m tweaking my build and such, and if I’m waiting for friends to run dungeons or something (I don’t do PvE no mo’).

But make it 5v5. 8v8 is way too hectic to even tell what’s going on a lot of the time, you can’t get any kind of strategy off the ground aside from zerging people, and that’s not even how the tPvP format is.

TL;DR: Keep hotjoin, make it 5v5, also get rid of Skyhammer.

Engineers – Dagny (In The Lab) Kristopherson, Rektor Skillshot
Ten Percent [Rekt] – GET REKT
This is the only profession I play.

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

hotjoin is fun

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I can’t believe people are defending 8v8.

I don’t agree with removing hotjoin, I play it when I’m tweaking my build and such, and if I’m waiting for friends to run dungeons or something (I don’t do PvE no mo’).

But make it 5v5. 8v8 is way too hectic to even tell what’s going on a lot of the time, you can’t get any kind of strategy off the ground aside from zerging people, and that’s not even how the tPvP format is.

TL;DR: Keep hotjoin, make it 5v5, also get rid of Skyhammer.

but i like 8 vs 8 and i like the chaos.

i play to indulge in the chaos.

why are you trying to take away my fun?