Dishonor BROKE the GAME constructive fix

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Please rework dishonor. 1 out of every 2 games either I have 4 people or the other team has 4 people.
Please discuss CONSTRUCTIVE ideas on how to fix this.

Also check out similar topics:
Game OVER Devs treatin us like test realm

constructively OUTSOURCE devs 2 fix META

Devs GW2 January PvP Word BROKEN Y/N?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

(edited by Krayiss.4926)

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

I stopped #YOLOq after 4v5 happened about every other game. It was really sad because I actually thought I would be playing the real game. Sad that ANET can’t add a simple are you here? button to fix this glaring issue.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Why wont they add a ready button. Im guess the code is 2 hard for their system, or they dont have enough money, which is it?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Can we get an update on 4v5s Anet?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I’d like to see a reimplementation of the guild wars 1 report/dishonor system.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

So what would you like to see?

A “ready” button that appears before the match is created, and if someone doesn’t hit it within some time-window the match is aborted and both teams are returned to the queue? Perhaps the non-responding players kick out of the team, or kicked out of the entire queue?

One way would be to check your heartbeat every so often with a “are you still here” button, but that would be kind of annoying. It also doesn’t address the players who leave because they don’t like the team they are paired with.

We could just ramp up the dishonor system.

I know the team has their own thoughts on this, but I’d really like to see if someone here can come up with something awesome.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Don’t abort the match automatically.
Have it so the team isn’t actually created until everyone presses ready.

Ergo. Have an internal or external cooldown on the que. Say every 5 minutes for example. In those 5 minutes 23 players may join. Once the 5 minutes ends, then send a ready prompt to those 23 players, of those who accept the Ready button, run the matchmaking algorithm and create the team out of that pool.

If you don’t have enough then abort the match. You may get only 13 people who say they are ready, make a team using 10 of em, and throw 3 back in the que notifying them that you couldn’t place em.

That’s still not going to solve players who simply leave, but it is going to lighten the effect (not remove) of players going afk, at least decrease the amount who are in the match because they forgot to remove themself from que.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

A “ready” button that appears before the match is created, and if someone doesn’t hit it within some time-window the match is aborted and both teams are returned to the queue? Perhaps the non-responding players kick out of the team, or kicked out of the entire queue?

One way would be to check your heartbeat every so often with a “are you still here” button, but that would be kind of annoying. It also doesn’t address the players who leave because they don’t like the team they are paired with.

I know the team has their own thoughts on this, but I’d really like to see if someone here can come up with something awesome.

Im taking it you read the other 10 afk threads I bumped all which were very recently created?

What has your team come up with over the past 2 months? Maybe we can collaborate and hope to see something sometime next year

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

I had this idea 2 months ago also give it a look.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Anet-help-us-Fix-Dishonor-pls-50-26-24/first#post2625158

Ill clarify if you have questions.

Also called that the leaver pen wasn’t the whole solution even before I made that post.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Leaver-pen-unnecessaryAutoequalizer-necessary/first#post2547260

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

The main problem is not people leaving because their team is getting crushed. The huge problem is when someone enters Q, then the 2 min pre-match timer starts and then that person CLOSES the game and doesn’t get back on for whatever reason.

In this case I think if the player completely closes the game then the entire Q should be aborted for all 10 players involved. However, if the other player goes to character select to pick a different spec for that map/comp then it should not abort the match. I would MUCH rather deal with a few aborted games here and there as opposed to the 4v5 which is neither fun for the winning nor losing team.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: leungclj.4915

leungclj.4915

the reason for this is becasue there are not enough players to pair up with, so you could either:

1) make PVP more appealing in terms of better incentive (like rewards) so more player comes and play (like add other game type, i really want to see MOBA style, capture the flag, NO TDM)

2) lower the number of players required to play (this is unlikely due to the current maps are designed for 5v5)

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

There are 2 ways to leave a match.
Before it starts.
That shouldn’t be punishable.
After it starts.
That should be punished.

Your que system doesn’t show any difference between the two, so punishing players reasonably isn’t possible.
Your que systems sees a casually come about before match has started ‘I do not want to play in a match right at this moment’ as the same thing as a malicious ‘I am afk’ing and trolling all match every match’. Without finding out which of the two your dealing with, coming up with a reasonable punishment isn’t possible.

Having a ‘10 people have been found, are you all ready’ setup starts a good divide between the two, it lets you tag on a harsh punishment for leaving or afk’ing or getting so many ‘reporteds’ during a match (can’t que for increasing time lengths, starting at 20~ mins).
Then if everyone doesn’t click the ‘i am ready’ button, the people who don’t get dumped from que, everyone else goes back with (I’m assuming its time in que based priority for matchmaking) decently high priority.
Every MOBA has gotten by with such.

That along with splitting ranked and unranked TPvP que, and the game will be completely fine when it comes to leavers.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Join queue.

10 minutes later…

Queue pops.

Are you ready? Click Yes. (1 minute remaining)

Less than 10 players clicked Yes within 1 minute = all players are removed from queue. Must manually rejoin the queue…do NOT automatically return to queue after a fail start.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

^ I know it sounds tedious but it’s the most FOR-SURE way to confirm that all 10 players are active and present.

I would rather have a tedious method of queuing for tournaments and play a full 5 on 5, rather than have an easy and convenient way of queuing but running the risk of playing 4 v 5s. These are ranked tournaments. 4 v 5s should not be happening in this level of competition.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

A "ready" button that appears before the match is created, and if someone doesn’t hit it within some time-window the match is aborted and both teams are returned to the queue? Perhaps the non-responding players kick out of the team, or kicked out of the entire queue?

One way would be to check your heartbeat every so often with a "are you still here" button, but that would be kind of annoying. It also doesn’t address the players who leave because they don’t like the team they are paired with.

Improving the penalty on leavers, 4v5 matches suck. they really do and they waste everyone elses time.
the devs need to set it up to where quiters are sanctioned and penilized for a first time leave.
they need to be sent into a timed penalty state that sets them into a low priority que and keeps them from gaining rewards and MMR after matches. this penalty will stack in duration form repeated offenses

A Report System. as easy as right clicking on a players name and reporting them for different offensive subjects. this a I common system found in most MOBA games. repeated reports for bad behavior will cause a punishment to the reported player.
-offensive language gets you a time ban from using the chat system while in matches
-throwing the game on purpose will throw you in low priority, or just a time ban from being able to que.

4v5. if a match starts with not a full roster on both teams, the missing players are given a 5 minuet window of time to reconnect.
if the players do not reconnect with in that time frame the match ends with no affect to there MMR and they are automatically re-qued with hi-priority.

I have other ideas for spvp if you would like to read them and make comments

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Spvp-QoL-Monetization-Barrier-of-entry/first

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

(edited by Kline.9561)

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

There has to be a way to make it so that the team that suffers a leaver isn’t penalized; so that the game doesn’t count against them in any way.

At the same time, the enemy team in this situation shouldn’t suffer and should still have their win and benefits of winning counted, albeit, if people think it to be more fair, a reduced increase in the benefits of winning, to avoid the drama that would come about otherwise (ex: “you 4v5’d your way to the top” flame wars).

With this system, also, have an increased dishonor system so that the first time is a “warning” and the second time is a 10 minute pvp ban and following that a probation period. A 3rd time penalty should be a 24 hour ban with probation following, and the 4th time a 72 hour ban.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

This is what it should do (same as what most games with a queuing system do):

When the queue pops, each player gets a popup before they enter the match:

“The match is about to begin. Are you ready? (Y/N) 30 sec remaining…”

If not all players click “Yes”, the players who didn’t are removed from queue, and it re-queues the players that did. Not clicking “Yes” has no penalty associated with it. Also, it would be nice to have some way of alerting players that their queue as popped if they are alt-tabbed at the moment (ex.: SMITE has a little notification window that pops up in the bottom-right of your screen and there is a notable “clang” sound accompanying it).

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yes please put some type of notification also. There have been times I’ve been waiting for a que, and they take so long depending on the time of the day. That I alt-tab, and do whatever. Then when I come back and the game is starting or started already.

I also agree with everyone about having to click an “I’m ready” button or the game doesn’t start. Sure it’s not the perfect way of fixing things, but it’s better than what we have.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I’d also recommend that if someone doesn’t click ready, the matchmaker should keep the other nine together and pull in a tenth from the queue. No one wants to sit in even a 3-minute queue multiple times in a row.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

1. Queue pops, players get notifaction to join over the course of 1-2 mins
2. Players are put on a team while waiting for 10 people to fill up the arena. They can change their specs at this time given which classes show up.
3. When 10 players come, all players accept the match within 1 min
4. All players in arena are drafted onto teams with an algorithm to try and balance rank and professions (ideas below). These teams are completely separate from the teams while waiting.
5. Teams are given 1 min to work out strat or just click start.
6. If a player leaves during match, no MMR goes to either team. A pop-up opens asking each team if they want to cancel match immediately. If 1 team does, the match ends (they may want to just finish if it is late in the match).
7. Leaver penalty: the amount of “free” leaves is 1 per day (unexpected internet issues). Players have unreported “points” on their account over time. Each match a player plays that isn’t left give the player 1 positive point. Leaving subtracts 10 points from their score. At 0 points, the player has to wait an hour to play again. At -10 points the player has to wait 2 hours before they can play again. The -points for leaving a game might be better at like 7 or 8 depending on how reliable the average internet/game engine is, but that is the basic point. Also, you could give no “free” leaves each day, and instead apply +10 points for each day a player logs in a plays, but that wouldn’t prevent people from logging in for 1 game per day for a few days then trolling people en-mass on another day.
8. Evening teams:
-Each player in the queue is assigned a team-point value inversely to their leader-board ranking (top player is worth 10 points, next player is “worth” 9 points, etc).
-Each player subtracts -1 from the team for each other player that shares a class with him/her (if there are 2 necros, the team “score” gets -2, if there are 3, the team “score” gets -6, if there are 4, the team score gets -12). An optimization routine is run that tries to minimize TeamAScore-TeamBScore to even out teams for player-skill and comp.

You could get more complicated and try to take what kind of build each person is, but that would be much more work to figure out.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

Join queue.

10 minutes later…

Queue pops.

Are you ready? Click Yes. (1 minute remaining)

Less than 10 players clicked Yes within 1 minute = all players are removed from queue. Must manually rejoin the queue…do NOT automatically return to queue after a fail start.

No requirement to manually rejoin unless you were the one who did not click the “ready” button.

You could get more complicated and try to take what kind of build each person is, but that would be much more work to figure out.

You could queue under a specific role, that would take any guesswork out of it I suppose.

(edited by Taym.8326)

in PvP

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

I think its pretty simple tbh. Dishonor should highly discourage people from either joining a match, being afk during the match, or leaving during a match.

So ideally (to me) it should go like this

Step 1 You Que for a solo que match. (which you can do from anywhere in the world its amazing)

Step 2 Then the que pops and its time to go in. There should be Three options.
1. Go Now
2. Wait
3. Leave Que
(lets face it people leave. But not all of it is malicious. Some people go make a sandwich, or maybe their cat is stuck in a tree, or maybe the Anet lunch room caught fire, either way locking someone in from the second they first que i think is the cause of a lot of AFKs. By adding a secondary chance to both leave and check if someone is ready will fix that)
ALSO
If someone has gone afk after queing for a TOURNEY match and goes over the final, secondary ready timer. They should get a 30 – 45 minute Awol debuff to discourage people making ques for other longer and then not being attentive. But not an actual dishonored Debuff.
Also hitting wait gives you a minute and a half and then gives you a final timer where you either Go Now or Leave Que and at the end of that time if nothing is pressed, see above, and that person is kicked outta que with his 45 minute debuff and the que continues searching

Step 3 So after 5 people on both sides have clicked the secondary Go Now the match can begin

Step 4 Okay you clicked ready (you’re still there and alive hopefully) and you go into the match. This is where you’re locked in. The 3 and a half minute timer has ticked down to 2. But you still have the chance to switch characters, tweak your build to whatever you need. The already in place (are you ready) sign is still on the left side all small and stuff but now that timer has reached 30 seconds, the final countdown begins a big ARE YOU READY pops up in the middle of your screen (yes i’m sorry players who are fighting the other team). Now before it hits 0 all players must hit this button for the match to fully start. If even 1 player doesn’t accept the match is stopped and that player(s) is given the dishonorable debuff (see later). Now here you can leave the map open so people can just wait for their next player and fight till their hearts content, or leave to do whatever it is they were doing before. or just abort the match entirely. Either way the process of finding another player starts anew

Now what this will do. Is the first week or so. You are gonna have really sad players who were having to wait 6 – 8 matches to actually get a match started. Which is very lame but in that first week you’re culling out and punishing the players who are akitteng not only weeding out those who are going to stay in the match but also teaching those who are afk they can’t do that anymore. And the leave rate will go from 1 every other match to 1 every 10 matches (like old school halo ranked matchmaking)

Step 5 Okay you finally got 9 other people with heartbeats who are here for the long haul (hopefully). Everyone hits ready and the match starts. Okay you pvp to your hearts content. Okay as per usual one team starts getting rolled and everyone is very disheartened (it happens). Okay Now 1 of 3 things happen. 1 – 1 or more people say “well screw this” leave the computer, alt tab, put auto walk on, anything that isn’t getting stomped by warriors, conditions, and thieves,(current meta :p). 2 – They could be getting their choo choo on either the champ train in PvE or the Karma Train in WvW, so they are SO outta there. And now your team goes from having a very small chance to getting outnumbered at every point. and 3. They hang in there and try till the end (yea ha right). Sadly enough 1 and 2 happen more often than any of us would like. So if they do. The person becomes dishonored (after being warned of course) is kicked from the game and given a stack of dishonorable (see later). Now i believe your team should have the option to /resign at this point, but that isn’t what this thread is about

Step 6 and Dishonorable NEXT!

in PvP

Kentrey.3251

Step 6 win or lose you got to do some pvp by this point. Now if there is a chance that you had a bad match caused by a teammate. i also believe there needs to be a report option. now of course there are people who rage and just report to report. But there are reasons for reports. So if a player is found reported by a majority of his teammates in a majority of his matches and somehow slipped though the cracks of the previous rules, he/she should receive dishonorable debuff along with a automated mail saying why he was penalized and what to avoid ( 1 -max depending on the volume and conclusiveness of the reports). AFKers, Trolls, and anyone who purposefully hinders their team in ranked matches should’ve have a place in ranked.

DISHONORABLE-desu Now the most important is the debuff itself. Dishonorable should be a hindrance, punishment, and a warning of what you shouldn’t be doing.
also i’ve never been dishonored and it isn’t on the wiki so i’m not 100% on what the debuff actually does

• First i think it should stack up to 3 as its max. 5 is nice and all but after 4 not many people are gonna risk a 5th time. 1st is a warning. Its possible it was an accident,one that shouldn’t have been made, but a accident none the less. 2nd time is pushing it. You’ve been warned and you’re stepping over the line, though there is a chance that you’ve slipped twice…..as low as that might be. And the 3rd time. Ban. Refresh the 72 hours. The Dishonorable changes to Dishonorably discharged.*
    Dishonorable stack 1 – “You have a duty to preform in the mist. And you’ve broken the rules”
    Dishonorable stack 2 – “Repeating offenders in the mist aren’t looked highly upon. You’re a step from being Dischaged”
    Dishonorable stack 3 – “You’re an outlaw of the higher mist. Take some time to reflect on your action. Aka You’re benched till further notice”

Second – Dishonorable should not only be a reminder to not break the rules but it should also hinder your pvp progression As to discourage the idea of getting up to 2 stacks and then just letting them fall off. So i propose:
Dishonorable stack 1 – "-10% To rank gain, -10% to glory gain
Dishonorable stack 2 – "-20% To rank gain, -20% to glory gain
Dishonorable stack 3 – "-30% to Rank gain, -20% to glory gain
So you’re still allowed to join hotjoin but your progression in either rank or glory would take a hit, though not enough to cripple (haha get it 50%) but enough to keep you from wanting to maintain the Debuff.

Third and lastly the debuff itself should persist though PvP, PvE, and WvW this is the part i’m not sure about currently, because i’ve never seen anyone with the debuff but one of the biggest discouragements to being dishonored is the shame that comes along with it. So by making sure that that debuff is with them no matter where the scurry off to will be a consistent reminder of why they should behave.

Though I do believe some of these changes are drastic I do believe they are both necessary and reasonable. Now if you’d like me to explain any of it just let me know

(edited by Kentrey.3251)

in PvP

Posted by: Cheers.8946

Cheers.8946

guys Make it SIMPLE!

If someone intentionally leave a TPVP game:

1) get a penalty that they can’t rejoin TPVP for 48 hours

2) get a penalty(buff) that they feel terrible in PVE ( example: PVE damage reduced by 80% for 12 hours)

in PvP

Kentrey.3251

guys Make it SIMPLE!

If someone intentionally leave a TPVP game:

1) get a penalty that they can’t rejoin TPVP for 48 hours

2) get a penalty(buff) that they feel terrible in PVE ( example: PVE damage reduced by 80% for 12 hours)

Number 2 is pretty silly. You’re pretty much saying if you mess up or if you leave pvp you can’t play GW2 for at least 12 hours. And the goal isn’t discouraging people from playing tPvP But to stop them from doing the bad thing.

Also how do you judge “intention” okay so if i hit leave game its intentional. Alright I’ll just Ctrl + Alt + Del and end task on my GW2 program. Okay so its still intentional if i close the program. Okay i’ll just disconnect my internet. Its a 5 min restart vs a 45 min lame match.

So i can’t disconnect either so if someone has a accidental computer restart or their internet is faulty for any reason they now can’t play GW2 for 12 hours? and PvP for 48 hours. These rule proposals may Sound complicated. But each step is in there for a reason

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

this sounds quite good, both of your ideas… maybe the ready before match would be better, instead of multiple buttons

and for the people who doesnt like the team composition, you still have dishonor but you could make it much more strict, because ppl afk or with problems would probably be kicked before match starts and people who leave on purpose could be punished for it, maybe 1 leave = 1 hour without pvp? or make it with a chance, 2 leaves in 24 hours = another 24 hours without pvp?

PS: if someone have connection problems and get DC by mistake, they shouldnt play pvp anyway, they would ruin the match with lags and DCs…

in PvP

Posted by: Wicked.2850

Wicked.2850

Hey Justin,

First – we all know solo q has its flaws. I had recently games where just the 5th never even connected or w/e. Thats really upsetting, cause may the team comp had work out pretty good. I don’t like to suggest to “copycat” from other games, but League of Legends has a really good working solo q. If you queue up, ALL members have to ready up before the match is set up. This would bring down the numbers of AFKers and “not even logged on” peeps.

Second – I had some matches where my teammates complained about a leaver like “4v5” “we can’t win this coz of leaver” etc.. the usual stuff. But what they didn’t see why this guy left, this team sucked hard. They were capping home node with 3 people sitting on it.. and that was just one of the bad tactical failures they made, even if we tried to give them hints and stuff. I would just call him a “good leaver”, there was no chance of winning this.
To prevent this add a /resign command for solo q ONLY! ( ..to prevent exploiting). Unlike LoL we dont have a promoting system, so add a command to “report” AFKers, trolls and I call them “bad leavers”. A leaver who left a full running NOT one sided match so far. If 3 or more of your team are reporting him he will get an EXTRA dishonor stack (missuse of this feature will get you 24hrs banned).

Third – maybe not that important, but mix up team comps. Nobody likes to see a team with 3 necros and 2 thiefs, even they are strong classes you will lack of some utillity other classes could bring. Go mix it up! There are people who suggest to mix up high with low ranks. Thats also a pretty nice thought, but after all this skyhammer farm exploit (y I would call it an exploit), I’ve seen so many bad players r52+ like a shortbow ranger spamming autoattck while not moving any inch not even dodging dragon tooth (lol).
I don’t mind if I have some lowies on my team if they are vocal and accept some commands. You can carry a game with atleast 1 other good player against an average solo q team.

cheerio wkd

TL;DR
1. like LoL create an “i’m rdy”-button before match starts
2. add /resign for soloq and add promoting system/report command for leaving, afk’ing, trolling. At least 3 teammates have to report. Missuse → ban
3. Mix up team comps by classes and maybe by personal ranks

in PvP

Posted by: ozzero.3892

ozzero.3892

this is sooo simple! ok rdy? here it is : PUT BACK THE TICKETS for solo Q
u can ahve one from daily 1 ticket = 1 ranked solo play, win = ticket back or something like that, or we can but those ticket for glory another great idea!
easy right? but first A Net need to fix solo Q leader board bocouse I can see same guy that is on first place from the begining he play 10-15 matches and quit and hes still on the leader board it shuld be more hardcore becouse sPVP players like hardcore things casusal stuff is for pve and they can go hot joins.

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Instead of punishing people for leaving even more, introduce a proper reward system. Increasing amount punishments while giving no rewards is best way to make sPvP abandoned.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Well, you could increase the penalty, but I think that will do more harm than good at this point.

The best course of action would IMO be to allow people joining the solo queue to fill in progress games. You just simply can’t let a team persist with a man down as it is unfairly brutal. At least they can have a fighting chance this way.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

A combination of both, a “ready”-button and a revamp of the dishonor system.

The “ready”-button:
Should be before you enter the match, and so before you see the composition of the teams.
At the moment, we are currently get the invitation the join the map, there should be a ready check for all participating players, with a very small time window to accept the invitation.
Why only a small time window? To reduce the queuing time, if someone is not ready.
The preparation time once you are inside of the map may not be changed, to give the people a chance to coordinate their profession and/or role choice, and game tactics.

If you don’t click ready in the time window, you are kicked out of the queue, and get a big error-window with a notification what happened, and with a information about the dishonor system. In team Q, if one person misses the ready button, then the whole team should be kicked out.

new dishonor system
The dishonor system itself must also include three aspects.
1.) A punishment if you leave the match.
2.) It must forgive disconnects.
3.) A system to detect afk-players.

1.) Punishment for leaving the match:
After you left a match, you get two debuffs. A stacking ‘renegade’ debuff, and a nonstacking ‘traitor’ debuff.
The ‘renegade’ debuff only wears off, when you have played 5 matches without leaving the match, or getting reported as afk.
The ‘traitor’ debuff wears off after a set amount of time during which you are unable to queue. The more stacks from ‘renegade’ you get, the longer is the duration of the ‘traitor’ debuff you get, after you left a match again.
F.e. First match left: ‘renegade’ debuff + ‘traitor’ debuff with 30 minutes.
Second match after 30 minutes, you leave again: now you have two stacks of ‘renegade’ debuff and a ‘traitor’ debuff for 3 hours.
After 3 hours you play 5 matches and participate till the end: You loose one stack of ‘renegade’ leaving you with only one stack remaining.
You again leave your next match: Two stacks of ‘renegade’ and a 3 hours queue-ban due to the ‘traitor’ debuff.

2.) Disconnects: This is the hardest one. I’d suggest to forgive 3 to 5 minutes of being not online / not participating in a match. The system would be perfect, if this would also forgive disconnects near the end, even when the match is over, before you join in again. I’d love to see a notification AFTER the match ends with tipps for stabilizing the internet connection or a link to the support page or forum.

3.) AFK: I like the report system from WoW. If enough players (3 to 4) report a player as afk (AFTER the match launched, not during the preparation phase) he or she should get flagged, and if he or she does not participate within the next 1 till 3 minute in a combat or standing on a capture node (standing should be enough, also possible placed for standing around should be the orb, the buff and the own treb, and hitting the enemy treb and picking up the repair kit should be enough for combat) to cleanse the debuff. Otherwise you get the above mentioned debuffs.

Should the system include forgiving a loss to the players on the side of a leaver? No. Why not? Possible abuse of the system.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

There’s a lot of discussion here and I don’t have time to read it, but…

If you were to add the “ready” button (one that has some kind of functionality to it, I mean), as described above… Is there any reason why an early leaver/AFK-er can’t be replaced with someone from the queue? As in, keep in the map the original 9 people who hit the button in a timely fashion, but fill the #10 slot with the most appropriately ranked person in the solo queue?
If you’re squeamish about dropping someone into that situation, you could even give them a choice to join the pending match or wait for something else— although I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t want to jump straight into a game that’s waiting for them, given that they are in the solo queue, after all.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

How about this one:

Simple solution, I am sure it is not the best one, but easy to implement:

Missing player: team with missing player gets ~10-50 points from beginning
Match doesnt influence the Leaderboard

And Add some kind of “pop up” so that both teams know about this settings when the match starts.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

Simple.

make a sound when queue pops…and a simple I am ready button.

If the button is not clicked within x amount of time, replace the player with someone who is ready from the queue, and is within a decent % range from the metrics used to create the teams in the first place.

If someone is Akitten match, if 3 or more people report or something, there should be a penalty on him, if it is ranked, keep said penalty, and do not make the match rated (keep glory gain etc.)

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Tetuos has good ideas imho, i like ready button before u enter the match + time window and a revamp of disonhorable system.

Probably only u need to change the window for soloqueue message, this message appears before the match so if u click ok u’re ready, if u don’t click ok in X time, u go out from queue (and u get a new disonhorable buff).

I agree the right way is a mix of both systems.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

Another ready button before the match starts. Maybe an “are you still there” button after 30 seconds -1 minute of no movement. Also a much stronger penalty if you are not present at the end of a match.

PvP only
Team GASM

in PvP

Posted by: Wicked.2850

Wicked.2850

Instead of punishing people for leaving even more, introduce a proper reward system. Increasing amount punishments while giving no rewards is best way to make sPvP abandoned.

Your point is pretty valid, so far the reward revamp has been announced and has the 1st priority right behind balancing this terrible meta. Team q is allready dieing.. ANet has to react quickly. But this topic is about fixing afk-, leaver-, dishonor problem. This has to be the 1st priority fixing solo q.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Alright.

Here’s how I envision the Queue process:

- Click Join Queue
- Matchmaking calculates and finds 10 suitable players
- Those 10 players are prompted for a Ready check.
- Each ready check one player gives would increment the Total Ready-checks from the 10 players: 1/10; 2/10; 3/10; etc. This way we have a visual way of telling if everyone is accepting the match. (Similar to how DOTA2 or League of Legends have)

- Players have 15 seconds to Ready up, this should come with a warning sound and UI pop up!

- 1 Player missing or declining the match would cancel the queue for himself, and put the rest back on queue, with a visual warning: “You have been placed back into queue because a player failed to accept the match” (something like that)

- If everyone accepts, match begins, players are imediately moved into the map (where they wait X time before match actually starts, so they can discuss strategies and quickly swap builds)

Punishments:

A player that misses or cancels the Ready-up! window must be prevented from queueing again for atleast 10-15 minutes. This is very important in preventing syncing from happening! If the punishment is not being able to queue for 10-15minutes (a full match duration), then the players attempting to sync would just go on and play the match that just popped up instead of declining it! (Maybe add rating loss aswell? -> similar to League of Legends system with Ranked)

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

Good point, so I retract what I said about penalties. Worthwhile rewards should definitely be priority. If that doesn’t work, then try penalties

PvP only
Team GASM

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

id like to see following:

1. go offline delete you from queue
2. sign off from queue delete u from. it doesnt working atm. u can sign in and sign off and suddenly some time after u are in a tourney game
3. a sound everytime the window with the starting tourneygame pops up.
4. resign-command where only a % of players ingame needed to end game

(edited by hooma.9642)

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Alright.

Here’s how I envision the Queue process:

- Click Join Queue
- Matchmaking calculates and finds 10 suitable players
- Those 10 players are prompted for a Ready check.
- Each ready check one player gives would increment the Total Ready-checks from the 10 players: 1/10; 2/10; 3/10; etc. This way we have a visual way of telling if everyone is accepting the match. (Similar to how DOTA2 or League of Legends have)

- Players have 15 seconds to Ready up, this should come with a warning sound and UI pop up!

- 1 Player missing or declining the match would cancel the queue for himself, and put the rest back on queue, with a visual warning: “You have been placed back into queue because a player failed to accept the match” (something like that)

- If everyone accepts, match begins, players are imediately moved into the map (where they wait X time before match actually starts, so they can discuss strategies and quickly swap builds)

Punishments:

A player that misses or cancels the Ready-up! window must be prevented from queueing again for atleast 10-15 minutes. This is very important in preventing syncing from happening! If the punishment is not being able to queue for 10-15minutes (a full match duration), then the players attempting to sync would just go on and play the match that just popped up instead of declining it! (Maybe add rating loss aswell? -> similar to League of Legends system with Ranked)

u are missing the point.. u play games without some players cause they are browsing youtube or anything during the long waittime. and there is nothing bringing that to attention that a game starts.. nothing except a ingame window without sound..

we even get sound if we click the win-chest so why not if the game has found enough players? u fighting against the syndrom not the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Just show up a swimsuit model with :

-((Click Me!))—-((Click Me!))-

its guarantee :P

Or like old tournaments , there a tiny chance to get 1 silver or 1 gem or the swimuit model pic as the highest prize :PPP , when u accept the button que

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

What I would like:
You open the Ranked Ladder Queue Menu
Select any maps that you want to queue for
You are added to the queue and have an interface popup that shows your team as it fills
Once your team is full, you get an accept/decline dialogue.
Any player who doesn’t accept within 30 seconds is dropped from the queue
The others stay on the team and get the first available replacement.
Once all 5 have accepted the queue pop, the normal countdown for match join/start begins
If you don’t join the map after this point, you get dishonor

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Good point, so I retract what I said about penalties. Worthwhile rewards should definitely be priority. If that doesn’t work, then try penalties

No, there should be both punishments and rewards. Both of them should be proportional to player’s deeds (they should stack).

Punishment of blocking a certain player from joining matches for X amount of time is a bad punishment. Good punishment is harsh, but also quick.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

I have no idea why you want to reinvent the wheel.
Click for awesomeness:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dishonorable

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Some of the unfortunate consequences of limiting players that leave and punishing them is essentially the spvp population itself. Nonetheless, for it to be successful; punishment has to occur for players that leave/DC and there should also be a "match found - accept?" option so people that unintentionally afk do not impact their team negatively. I think that is the simplest resolution here and as the population hopefully continues to grow with the promise of new match modes, etc, then we can look into larger implementations where eliminating players from queue, etc, doesn’t in-turn largely impact queue times.

One extra thought;

Teams that run into a situation of "4v5" or lesser numbers vs less should received reduced rank loss penalties. In the situation of an uneven match, punish the leaver with more rank loss than usual and less rank loss for the members that stayed (this might be a larger implementation though depending on how rank is calculated at the end of a match now). I’m sure this would sit better with the team of 4 knowing that they are essentially not losing a significant amount of rank when they happen to get unlucky.

(edited by docMed.7692)

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Haha! That would be a way to make people really upset! You will see so much QQ from some guy trolling and not pressing the ready button! Ban him they will cry! Love the devs sense of humor. Such a great way to deal with the whiners! The heartbeat idea, Great! Keep up the funny comments Allie and Justin. Love it!

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

I haven’t read all of the suggestions but I think in general easiest is best – some here are quite simply too complicated. Here’s how I would view it:

Queue pops: you have 1 minute to join, but game doesn’t start before, say, 90 or 120 seconds. If one or more player doesn’t join, the closest people to the median “estimated rating” in the queue are being called in.

Once the game is started, you can report someone as AFK and once reported (say, two votes), that person has 15 seconds to prove he is there, else he is kicked. Any kicked or leaving player should be stuck with a debuff which prevents them from queuing in tournament or solo Q for an increasing amount (which never resets, or say after 30 days of non-reported activity) – say 20 mins, 45 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, 10 hours, 24 hours, etc.

I think this would be the most simple and effective way of preventing leavers and AFKers in tournament game, both solo and team.

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Bring back the /resign command as temp fix.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Stealthasaur.2198

Stealthasaur.2198

I didnt read all the posts because there is too many at the moment for me to read

What if instead of trying to stop the 4v5’s we give the other team a chance to have one of their players back out and whoever decides to leave the match (only one can leave obviously) will get some kind of reward, making it a fair 4v4. If no one wants to leave, the other team with 4 should get a bonus if they can make it to a set amount of points before the end of the game. Just a random idea I had while sitting at the beach.