Dishonor BROKE the GAME constructive fix

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

I didnt read all the posts because there is too many at the moment for me to read

What if instead of trying to stop the 4v5’s we give the other team a chance to have one of their players back out and whoever decides to leave the match (only one can leave obviously) will get some kind of reward, making it a fair 4v4. If no one wants to leave, the other team with 4 should get a bonus if they can make it to a set amount of points before the end of the game. Just a random idea I had while sitting at the beach.

No1 wants 2 re-enter Q
Try reading this
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Anet-help-us-Fix-Dishonor-pls-50-26-24/first#post2625158

p.s. I thought of it while sitting on a beach in maui then walking home.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Stealthasaur.2198

Stealthasaur.2198

That would be why there was a second option, and some people might not mind if the reward is decent.

Edit: I tried reading your post but it didnt make much sense. Im sure you have a great point but when english isnt your first language it can be difficult to explain your thoughts.

(edited by Stealthasaur.2198)

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

edit, nobody wants to play a 4v5 to try and hit a certain amount of points.
Pretty sure the devs would agree as well. It would be difficult to explain to new players why they are playing a 4v5 and reach a certain amount of points. When is it fun for someone new to fight an uneven match?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

(edited by Krayiss.4926)

in PvP

Stealthasaur.2198

Its just a thought and since when do you speak for anyone but yourself?

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Just make it simple and effective:

1) Open Arena, Click on Solo Arena Join
2) Maybe flag that person as being in queue for PVP, and if theres no input/movement etc after 1 minute whilst still in queue remove that person from pvp queue (i.e make their AFK status 1 minute or something), a non evasive message pops up saying ‘Removed from Queue due to inactivity, click here to re-enter queue’. If 1 minute is to short maybe 2 minutes or whatever but under 3 minutes would be reasonable.
3) Queue now pops, The Queue window pops and player needs to click ready to continue, give them a window of 45 seconds. Should show how many players clicked ready, and once there is 10 readys it automatically gets everyone in at the same time to the pvp game and then give say another 30 seconds then on to business!

So it will at least ensure that there are 5 v 5 players and no-one is AFK once the game begins. You can’t stop people leaving during the game coz it will always happen at some point, but at least this way the game isn’t ruined and the team with only four players isn’t punished for doing the right thing.

Edit: And don’t tell people what map they are playing before they click ready to prevent people leaving if its skyhammer, spirit watch etc. Granted if people leave at any point during the game they should get harshly punished – obvious positions lost on Leaderboard, locked out for 30 mins, cannot leave the mist for 30 mins etc. :p

(edited by Psychogene.6780)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So what would you like to see?

A “ready” button that appears before the match is created, and if someone doesn’t hit it within some time-window the match is aborted and both teams are returned to the queue? Perhaps the non-responding players kick out of the team, or kicked out of the entire queue?

One way would be to check your heartbeat every so often with a “are you still here” button, but that would be kind of annoying. It also doesn’t address the players who leave because they don’t like the team they are paired with.

We could just ramp up the dishonor system.

I know the team has their own thoughts on this, but I’d really like to see if someone here can come up with something awesome.

There will also be players that change their mind, need to leave, get disconnected, or get the skyhammer map and refuse to play it. There isn’t much you can do to prevent those from leaving.

What you can do is make the following changes:
1. No changes to the winning team. What they receive today, they still receive.
2. All members of the losing outnumbered team who remain until the end do not receive a loss for the battle
3. The person who left the battle early takes all of the losses. So, if it is a 4v5 at the end, the leaving player takes all 5 losses. If it is a 3v5, they each take 3 losses.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Why wont they add a ready button. Im guess the code is 2 hard for their system, or they dont have enough money, which is it?

there is a ready button

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Why wont they add a ready button. Im guess the code is 2 hard for their system, or they dont have enough money, which is it?

there is a ready button

Whats it do?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Hey guys. I really like some the ideas in here. Some of you definitely got us talking about how to make things smoother.

I’ve got this thread bookmarked so I can come back to it.

One thing I would suggest you keep in mind is that some of our users don’t even lift, and will troll any system that can hurt others.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Hey guys. I really like some the ideas in here. Some of you definitely got us talking about how to make things smoother.

I’ve got this thread bookmarked so I can come back to it.

One thing I would suggest you keep in mind is that some of our users don’t even lift, and will troll any system that can hurt others.

I did report that snide remark lol, anyways go ahead and bounce any ideas you guys came up with here and we will continue the colab we got going.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

Here is part of the solution
Its 4v5 and there is still 2 min for the game to begin, after the time is out the game will stop and a system will lock for one more person from solo q pool and it will send him a special message informing him that the game ( if he enters ) will begin in 30 sec instead of 2 min and he will have like 10-15 sec to decide shod he accept it or not if he doesn’t accept it in 10-15 sec the system will go to next player and so on .
For this to work you must remove the auto loading to a pvp game. I often browse in TP or other in game tabs and I don’t see the message from the start there for my solution will put me in a disadvantage. To fix this make pvp message to be on screen at all time when there is 45 sec left ( perhaps make it red ).
For people going afk when the game began well toon up dishonor
And btw I haven’t log in the forum for some time and I got to say I’m pleasantly surprised I see a lot of trades to be respond from gw2 administration

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

The brunt of 4v5 games I see is when someone leaves a losing game. Please increase the dishonor effects for this specific situation drastically.

In general please adjust the ranking so that someone leaving a losing match will take the brunt of rank loss for it, where the rest of the (losing) team only gets a light rank penalty. Additionally adjust the dishonoured debuff such that people repeatedly leaving when their side is lower on points will be excluded for a considerable time from any pvp.

Like this:
- Anytime someone leaves a losing match, their leaver count will be increased by 1.
- Leaver count will only decrease by 1 when either sticking with a losing match through to the end, or may decay over a reasonably long time. Say 1 per week.

So once someone has a leaver count of say 3, they get excluded for a day from pvp. This should also take care of real disconnects in a reasonable manner, since those are bound to happen 50:50 when you are losing / winning games. After having one dc in a losing game you can just come back and play, if you have another shortly after you should reconsider playing until your connection improves anyhow.

Thanks for the feedback on this thread btw :-)

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I did report that snide remark lol, anyways go ahead and bounce any ideas you guys came up with here and we will continue the colab we got going.

Yeah i reported <<zone>> post too(kidding) , but some reason they didnt delete it …

He looks like a friendly guy and he gets some ideas when he is agry/furious , but when he see too many great posts about mechanics that succefully works in LoL , he gets more peacefull/less incentive to think and revolurize the market .
Also Ui programming/ or whatver this kind program it is , dont let his immagination free or dont know kitten about computers in general

What is the purpose of the thread again ?
How to prevent 4v5 ?
How to create new <<Join>> Ui ?
Or create a <<newer perfect que >> , from the Ui to the punishment ?

If the penalty for missing a que or u if dont join , doesnt allow you to join again for 2-3 min , like other ppl have mentioned , a moronic idea is :

There 2 small boxxes under the soloque and 5v5 Ui sheet .
10 min shared cd
If you miss the que or avoid it , you will waste the box cd
This will force some minor amount ppl to wait 10 min and then re-que , rather than que immidiatly = 15% less chance for 4v5
Or they have to watch out more closly the first pop up

Winning the matches award you the box at the end
Like most games a pop up window shows up with 12 blank boxxes
When u try to orginize mats stacks , u have to use the <<arrow up and down>> to impute the number .
Use the number to choose 1 blank box

Rewards = 50 copper , 1 gem , swimsuit model pic

Also he doesnt like cuddles

Edit: I will add more <<:P>> when i get sobber …

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

A “ready” button that appears before the match is created, and if someone doesn’t hit it within some time-window the match is aborted and both teams are returned to the queue? Perhaps the non-responding players kick out of the team, or kicked out of the entire queue?

One way would be to check your heartbeat every so often with a “are you still here” button, but that would be kind of annoying. It also doesn’t address the players who leave because they don’t like the team they are paired with.

I know the team has their own thoughts on this, but I’d really like to see if someone here can come up with something awesome.

Most of the afk people I have come across were not really afk. They just never left the spawning area and would be perfectly capable of pressing your suggested heartbeat button without actually participating in the match.

However, yes to the first part. I don’t think a match should ever start before there are 5v5.

Another solution I have been thinking about, would be adding a block option on a player. The block option should prevent me from being teamed with that particular player.

If someone leaves the game, I think the game should announce the name of the player: xxxxx has left the match (or something along those lines). That way, it would be possible to add a block without having memorized every single player name on your team.

If a person continues to afk or leaves the match, enough people will block him or her and that person will now have issues actually getting into a match.

On the other hand, if I block just about everyone because am unhappy with being teamed with them in the first place, then I would put myself in a bad spot and I would be the one having issues getting into a match. It should work both ways so people can’t abuse the system without punishment.

The block should not be permanent, because then anyone dc’ing, or actually changing their attitude along the way, would be punished forever without any hope for redemption. I like the idea of the renegade debuff. It could work well with a block mechanic. Each block adds a stack of renegade. Enough games played without being blocked by others and the stack wears off. When that happens the blocks are removed as well.

I don’t know if it is a viable solution or not. Maybe it contains flaws that I haven’t considered.

in PvP

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

Another solution I have been thinking about, would be adding a block option on a player. The block option should prevent me from being teamed with that particular player.

On the other hand, if I block just about everyone because am unhappy with being teamed with them in the first place, then I would put myself in a bad spot and I would be the one having issues getting into a match. It should work both ways so people can’t abuse the system without punishment.

I don’t know if it is a viable solution or not. Maybe it contains flaws that I haven’t considered.

Obvious flaw is that everyone would block players with low skill/new players/bad players. Then you only end up on team of rank 50+ and win consistently.

I don’t like the idea of a “block player”, as there are many reasons why a player can leave a game and not come back (cf. GW2 MLG tournament “CC vs Denial”, if I remember correctly, where a player couldn’t come back) – but very few opportunities for the player to justify their absence.
So if you ever get disconnected by mistake, you can be sure that you have been blocked by 4 other angry players (the people from your team).

I think a “leaver” debuff to glory/rank or some refined implementation of the current system is enough. Oh, and the obvious “I’m ready” button before going in the PvP map that kicks the player of the team if they don’t respond with 30s (but this one is a given now – I hope, and only helps preventing a 4v5 before the game – not during).

Also, I don’t like the idea of a “resign” option to stop a game, as you will end up having people calling for resign every time they see they are losing the game 20-100, giving up and telling their team they are “baddies”.
Some extreme people playing PvP will want “flawless play from the start OR leave”, and they are many “sensitive” players in PvP, who give up easily, to who I don’t even want to start to suggest the possibility of resigning the game.

And I think that in SoloQ, the team sometimes need a good 4-5 minutes to find a good dynamics, find their role in the team, etc.
If you give people the option to resign, a lot will just do it senselessly.
With the game as it is now, it’s already easy enough to let your opponent 3 cap you and kill you if everyone on your team agrees to lose anyway, so there is a workaround already.

The big thing for me is that, as soon as one player gives up, the game is generally over (we all know how a 4v5 end up).
So I would rather not suggest the option of resigning to sensitive players, otherwise and instead have a report option for “AFK/leavers” and the MMR of people frequently reported adjusted to take the fact that they are “frequent leavers” into account (perhaps a more frequent chance of ending with leavers, or a lowered MMR).

(edited by Flamfloz.6732)

in PvP

Reesha.7901

Obvious flaw is that everyone would block players with low skill/new players/bad players. Then you only end up on team of rank 50+ and win consistently.

Depends on what goes first I guess. If you are paired with people with equal hidden ranking consistently, regardless of how many people you block, then blocking everyone with a rank similar to your own should not entitle you to games where you get paired with players that have higher rank. It should simply mean you have to wait longer.
But yes, it might be a bad idea.

(edited by Reesha.7901)

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

You are trying to design a system to force a player to play a round he doesn’t want to play (or even, can’t play).
That of course, is hard as hell, put an antiafk system, and that player will move one inch every 5 minutes while reading forums to avoid being punished.
Put a ready button and maybe i will miss it since i have 10 minutes queue and i don’t want to stare waiting or doing pve.
Put a report system and maybe i will be reported for being a leaver, but i played all the game, it just so happens that i’m not skilled as the rest or newbie, and 3 of my teammates hate me for that, so they report me to avoid playing with me ever again.
Put a harsh dishonor and maybe you make a player that just happens to have a bad connection unable to play for 2 days.

So, what’s the solution ? Well, none. What you want can’t be done, the best you can do is some report system that helps to identify people with bad manners or that afk a lot (but never ever block them just because 3 people reported them) and some dishonor system that if you disconnect again and again blocks you from playing some hours.

In the end the issue here is that this player doesn’t want to play, that’s the real issue. And it’s really sad because this can’t be fixed either, in order to fix it you need fair matches, and there isn’t enough playerbase to have enough variety of skill to have mostly fair matches.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Bring back the /resign command as temp fix.

not as temp fix.. permanent. its a usefull command even if u fight 5vs5.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I hope something like this was already suggested.

Queue depending on how long it takes——> once a sufficient number of players have been found——>“here and not afk button”———> forms group———>groups get formed——>confirmed (after this point leaving and not returning = lost of rank, dishonor, 60secs to confirmed), if teams are not even pull in someone from the queue and redo the confirmed process or just cancel the match.

All of these comes with an exclusive PvP afk button. After a certain threshold have been reach, give a dishonor buff. for reach stack of the buff until the dishonor buff bans the player, the player should be placed on the lowest priority for queuing for 7 days.

AS long as there is a price for using it, because players are going to abusing it, if they feel they are about to loss.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in PvP

hooma.9642

….

AS long as there is a price for using it, because players are going to abusing it, if they feel they are about to loss.

lol u know a loss is a loss.. u just save time with resign.. that should not be a command that gives u anything to avoid something. it just does what it tells. ure team resignes

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.9682

Jae.9682

Long thread is long. I didn’t read it all but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

Cent 1 – Make the queue pop a loud unique noise and have it pop once, then again at 30 second and then have the noise a third time just before the countdown.

Cent 2 – Rez prevention on over manned team. When one team is down a person, prevent the 1 person from rezing until the next member of their team dies.

Cent2b – Other option than rez prevention would be to perform a check before popping the queue to make sure all 10 members are logged in and then check again before the timer starts. If anyone is missing, immediately drop their queue and grab a substitute. If you grab a substitute just before the 10 second timer starts, reset for a minute for that 1 person to get their bearings.

Jae Sun, Jae of Arc, Jae Kal, Jae Khan, Jae Barka, Jae Hemingway
Original Member of Blackgate.
Member of HB.

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.9682

Jae.9682

Also, resign is a bad idea. I had a match just last night where we started out with 4. We played smart, and kept the match even. 4 minutes in our 5th joined and we ended up winning by 60pts. Great game too.

I’ve had this happen about 4 times over the last 3 months of play. It’s best to assume that someone dc’d and will be right back than to afk and take the loss imho. Granted those 4 wins are offset by the 30 or so matches that we were outmanned and never got that last player to come back but….it would have been 34 if we gave up.

Jae Sun, Jae of Arc, Jae Kal, Jae Khan, Jae Barka, Jae Hemingway
Original Member of Blackgate.
Member of HB.

in PvP

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

I suggest you kick one person out of the team with 5 (last in, first out perhaps) to bring both teams down to 4 each, then play the match. Give the kicked person a chest or a bit of glory and put them back in the queue.

Advantages of this:

1) You stop trying to fix the unfixable “how to make sure everyone always turns up.” People sometimes have RL intrude and that will always happen. Any deterrent strong enough to stop casual dropouts would also be quite painful for people who dropped out reluctantly.

2) 8/9 people get a fair match. That’s 8 happy people.

3) 1/9 people is no worse off, because he’s still in the queue and he has a little freebie to sweeten the deal.

(edited by Cribbage.2056)

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

A stricter dishonor system would be nice.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

Can we at least have the game perform an internal check to verify both teams have five players before the matches start? If a team does not have five players, have the game pull the next player that initiates a solo queue into the game. I would think that would be a fairly simple thing to code.

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

I think penalties, are sooooo outdated. How about a mandatory, “Are you there button” and if you hit yes and complete the match you get a +achievement point toward an achievement of 1000 participated tournies that grants a really cool title when completed.

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Make it just like gw1 RA matchmaking system.

I dont’ remember being undermanned in gw1 as often as it was in gw2.

One thing you guys can really add is a /resign command. So if there is a undermanned team, they can resign and lose with dignity instead of getting wrecked.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

I would like a ready button. Queue pops and if you don’t hit ready you are just kicked out of the queue. Also there should be an option to report afk players, and players that leave matches part way should have harsher penalties. It happens far too often imo. Make it so that they cant queue up again for 2 hours or so.

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

I would add a timer for how long you stay in spawn area. If it’s longer than x seconds within the first part of the game they can be replaced. The person replaced can have a “Instant join” pop up so they know what they are getting into. The player that afks will get a debuff.

Can you put a chat dialogue that states who left so you can keep in mind who likes to afk or leave early?

I would ramp up the debuff overall. It needs to be more potent.

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

in PvP

Posted by: Abraxius.6429

Abraxius.6429

I think it would be cool if (ONLY when match starts and its 4v5) that you shouldn’t be credited a loss and the opposing team still gets there win but this way at least bad matchmaking didnt screw you over :O. This couldn’t work for teams that have leavers due to ppl would spam it so they dont get losses but if a match truly starts 4v5 you should be exempt from a loss on ur record

The Lawful Danyyle
(Reality is Unbalanced)

in PvP

Stealthasaur.2198

Why not just fine us gold for leaving a pvp match or staying in base? 15 gold to start and each time you do it, it increases by whatever amount and then each week it resets?

(edited by Stealthasaur.2198)

in PvP

Posted by: rapsus.7528

rapsus.7528

One of the basic principles in psychology is that punishment for undesirable behavior should be as immediate (and provided) as possible. Also, a vote on teammates to finish the game. If several peers agree in blaming other as troll or inactive player, punish him.

PS: in Dota 2, when a team is left with one less player, the other players on that team can disconnect without penalty (if I remember correctly). The team of 4 players loses and can re-queue if they want. The team of 5 players takes the reward. The leaver is punished.

(edited by rapsus.7528)

in PvP

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

Why do I sense a great deal of sarcasm from you…?

I can’t help it, but your post almost reads like: “So what better idea can you guys have huh? We thought of this, we thought of that, most of them are too silly to use, so we ditched them. If you think you are better than us then tell us your thought!”

In my opinion, if you cannot control the players, and inevitably there will be disadvantageous situations such as 4vs5 for one team, why not look it from a different direction?

You could like give the team missing 1 player some sort of boost, for example normally you would get 1 point / 2 sec from capping point, if your team is short on 1 person, you get 1.2 point / 2 sec instead; normally you get 5 point from killing people, instead you get 6 point from killing if your team is missing people.

The above are just some examples I come up right on the spot, those value could be fair, or not enough at all, but it would at least compensate the team at the disadvantage a bit.

Believe it or not, there are games with such mode indeed, not sure if anyone here’s heard it, Cosmic Break is a good example.

EDIT: And what about those who’s there but afking? Simple, just let the team themselves to decide kicking the guy or not…

(edited by Blizt.3086)

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I confess I don’t know exactly how the dishonor system works: does it only punish you if you click the “leave pvp button”? Because I think the biggest problem is people who just quit the game mid-match. Do they get a dishonor stack as well?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Exactly. Nobody understands it or they dont care about getting dishonorable.
Anet wasted alot of time so far developing it and as soon as we heard about it/release date we all said it wasn’t going to work, but they put it in anyways and months later we still have the same problem.

Its like fixing a non existent water pipe by replacing it with 1 made out of duck tape. When building a water pipe would have been cheaper and saved time. AND WE WOULD ALL HAVE WATER!

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

I regret if it came across that way. I was trying to include as many possible side-issues, alternatives, etc. that I could think of to spark more discussion.

We really do value your opinions and find the ideas discussed here useful.

For example, just last week I’ve spent some time trying to figure out how easy/difficult it would be to pull in users from the yolo queue to fill in the missing spots., which was not part of the original technical design.

I know someone here will probably think less of me for admitting that oversight, but I think it’s more important to show that we take you seriously.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Thanks for being honest, I hope it wouldn’t be too tough to refactor the original code and implement the idea. Cool that you’re posting on the weekends during your off time about this stuff, that’s great initiative.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

I regret if it came across that way. I was trying to include as many possible side-issues, alternatives, etc. that I could think of to spark more discussion.

For example, just last week I’ve spent some time trying to figure out how easy/difficult it would be to pull in users from the yolo queue to fill in the missing spots., which was not part of the original technical design.

I know someone here will probably think less of me for admitting that oversight, but I think it’s more important to show that we take you seriously.

That really is awesome to hear man.

And to the others if he does sound sarcastic it’s probably because its weird having these kinda replies because of his job.

Because forum conversations pretty go like this

Us: “QQ I don’t like this fix it”
Them: “Well um what don’t you like about that?”
Us: “The devs, aka you, don’t know how to do their job and its ruining the entire game for everyone”
Them: “Uh well (thats kinda rude) I know you’re upset but why not tell me how you would fix the entire game for everyone, well why doesn’t everyone tell us how to do our jobs” (sounds sarcastic right?)

Just remember guys the Anet people (who are posting here all the time) aren’t just forum go-ers like us. This is their job.

So unlike us who would just
“Listen noob F-off and L2P”
They have to listen to us and even take what we say seriously so i’m sure they wouldn’t waste that kinda time being sarcastic.

Though i feel sorry for them its like working at McDonalds….on the internet

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

…One thing I would suggest you keep in mind is that some of our users don’t even lift, and will troll any system that can hurt others.

Justin,

That quote needs to be the sig for every A-Net Dev from this point forward. Make it happen.

IMO the art of matchmaking is in simplicity. Here’s what I’d do.

1) Matchmaking algorithm entirely reconfigured to select 10 players within X rating points of each other. X increments +Y as que time increases (depends how your system tracks que time, but you get the idea).

2) Upon finding 10 players the que pops (yes, teams haven’t been assigned yet). The “Go Now” becomes the “Ready” button. It makes a distinct, audible tone and the que’d players have 30s to click “Ready”.

3) If any of the 10 do not ready-up in the 30s window, then they are kicked from que. The algorithm loops back to step 1) above, grabs the next suitable player within the parameters and immediately offers him a ready. This is repeated until 10 “Readys” are selected.

4) Now that you know who the 10 players are for a match you assign teams in as balanced a fashion as possible (which has been discussed in many other threads already).

Once the Matchmaking algorithm is fixed, it will greatly mitigate the leaver issue (since no match will start 4v5 in theory). Now the only thing left to sort out is AFK’s and people who leave mid match. A simple reporting feature via right-click would be best. A UI notification to other players in the match that X-player has reported Y-Player for (AFK, Leaving, etc.), Do you also want to report? (y/n). If the guy gets reported by 5 of the remaining players in the match, then he is barred from tPvP for Z time (depending on how many times he has been reported) and cannot get tourney chests/rankpoints/glory for an additional Z time (so if he wants to tPvP he loses his rewards as a consequence for behaving badly).

The root cause is really the functionality of the matchmaking algorithm more than people leaving mid-match though. Most of the 4v5’s I’ve seen start that way.

in PvP

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

Maybe it’s a bit mean, but I think it’d be funny if a person is dropped from a match for AFK they lose ranking.

It’d be even funnier if before they get dropped they get a health debuff, turned into a chicken, and teleported into the middle of the map where they are considered hostile to both teams.

in PvP

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

yolo queue

This is possibly the best typo/description I have seen for solo q, and I say this as a soloq player. Slightly more on topic tho, thank you for taking time out of your weekend to keep posting here.

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

in PvP

Reesha.7901

I know someone here will probably think less of me for admitting that oversight

Quite the opposite actually.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The most important thing PvP should aim towards is making player skill the only thing that determines victory, ruling out anything else as much as possible.

Punishing players reduces the chances of players leaving, but they may still leave, and other things may happen, such as disconnects or a random emergency that makes one of your team members go AFK, and so a punishment alone will do nothing when it happens, and it will.

I think that the best way to address a problem in a game is making it so it’s impossible for that problem to happen in the first place.
How do you address kill steals? You make kill steals impossible.
How do you address players fighting for nodes? You make that impossible.
How do you address players losing their miniature Rytlock by accident? You give them a reward panel so they can make as many as they want. Ding. Impossible.
How do you address teams becoming uneven? You make uneven matches imposible.

So I made a suggestion to address the issue of uneven matches when it happens.

Is not a perfect solution, but it’s better than letting the match going on while uneven, and better than stopping the match, making everyone waste their time.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Solvinguneven-matches-Sit-out-and-Substitutes

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

At this point we just need warm bodies. Add skins to the win chests that only drop in sPvP, but can be used in PvE. There will be enough players at that point. Make the items account bound like Fractal weapons so that there are no gold bots and make the drop rate low. That will provide a lot of players for the format and some may even stick around because sPvP is awesome.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Why not a system where yes there is a click ready before match starts like League of Legends has, and have for the first 5 minutes of someone rage quits out another person will jump in after that 5 minute time period if someone rage quits out there will be no replacement, the 5 minute timer could be altered or removed completely but yes I do think allowing players to join half way through should be done, with a big warning saying you are entering a match already underway and then DISPLAY the current time left remaining of said match etc. ( don’t show scores ) then they can choose to return to queue and await a new match or join that match already underway? For those that do ragequit out punish them as such with those sexy sexy dishonorness we love.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

At this point we just need warm bodies. Add skins to the win chests that only drop in sPvP, but can be used in PvE. There will be enough players at that point. Make the items account bound like Fractal weapons so that there are no gold bots and make the drop rate low. That will provide a lot of players for the format and some may even stick around because sPvP is awesome.

I also happen to agree with this, you really need to suck it up and push out decent rewards, I said it once and I’ll say it again, IMO balance needs to have split effects for pve and pvp but REWARDS need to flow freely from spvp through to pve and wvw, so yes rewards from PvP should be prestigious and USABLE in pve, make those PvP only skins people, of course your PvE’ers will complain but too bad its simply a skin a cosmetic reward for doing X part of the game, its the same reason you guys haven’t caved into WvW’ers complaining that they want Arah dungeon skin but its not availiable in WvW, its unwarranted complaints.

Thanks for you time =)

in PvP

hooma.9642

i think fixing at lot of bugs with leaving soloq would solve a lot of these 4vs5. in addition with a sound for the message the great majority should be solved.

atm there are two mainproblems with several symptoms. bug and long waiting time. so what happens? ppl leave game or queue or browsing youtube or anything else.

so instead implement an annoying mechanism work on the issues. the rest can be dealed with an addition report ( afk) or resign command.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

As a computer programmer of 8+ years, I know oversights happen, heck, I am dealing with one where I work as I type!

I applaud you for admitting an oversight on a public forum, takes guts. <3 to you.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

Don’t think less at all. Glad to hear you are trying this suggestion. You mention spending last week looking into this type of fix. What was the progress?

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW