Dishonor and loss for a disconnect.

in PvP

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Dear Anet,
Isn’t there any way you can improve your system to recognize a computer crash as opposed to a voluntary log out or rage quit? I am sick to death of getting dishonor because of an internet crash in the middle of a match. It doesn’t happen very often, but when it does it is infuriating.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You are very welcome to write an algo that could detect difference between pulling the plug, turning off modem or player DC’ing. You might actually make some good money if you manage to write a reliable algorithm for it.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You are very welcome to write an algo that could detect difference between pulling the plug, turning off modem or player DC’ing. You might actually make some good money if you manage to write a reliable algorithm for it.

While you’re at it OP, can you write a algorithm that can check if a program halts? It’s a roughly same difficulty of problem.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

The only situation where they should make a change is if everyone is locked out of the match. I had 1 (over the past 6 seasons 100s of matches) where everyone ended up with dishonor. I was finally able to get into the game with 5:00 left and the score was 0:0. My team ended up “winning” but everyone that was in the match got a timeout and dishonor because of a server side issue. Beyond that, I see no reason to change.

Figure out why you keep dropping your connection and fix it don’t make everyone else suffer because of your problem. If you are the type of person that has a misconfigured virus scan/firewall, doesn’t properly schedule updates or know how to manage their internal network, then I don’t want you wasting my time in a match and I’m sure everyone else on your team feels the same way.

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

I have this problem as well, Please ArenaNet, there has got to be a way to do this. Not everyone has the best internet provider, and not everyone has the best gaming computer.

There is also one problem that I am facing with the dishonour resulting not from my fault, the game did not ask me to accept a match but directly said I am being removed from the queue and then dishonor. (twice already this season, no problem the last few seasons) Please look into this, thank you.

Lastly, I have virus protection on, I also have auto update of systems on, sometime they would be running in the backgrond and they will restart the computer, it will ask me to approve the restart and it will result in my game screen going black, I have 2 choices when I get this problem, 1) I let the game runs on in a black screen and does nothing, sits out the game and I won’t get dishonored, 2) or I can relog, come back to complete the game, by choosing to do #2, the right thing of returning to complete the game means I will get dishonoured.

So. this definitely need fixing.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

- “not everyone has best provider/best gaming computer” <<<that is your problem, not Anet’s. That is like complaining to Lamborghini Company that you don’t have enough money and they should provide you with a car anyway.
- virus/update <<< set those on manual, problem solved
- getting removed from queue without message and getting dishonor is known bug.

It honestly blows my mind that people actually think it is Anet’s job to solve personal outside issues (bad internet, bad PC, bad configured firewall) of the players.

When i have bad connection, i simply don’t queue for ranked so shouldn’t you in the same case, simple as it is.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)