Dishonored

Dishonored

in PvP

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Maybe I’m confused on how it works…So I was in Solo Queue the other day (I know…) and I was fighting a warrior. Fine and dandy, kill her, move on…except when I went to engage, I noticed a red/black skull buff on her.
“That’s new”
I know all buff/debuff icons. That’s not one of them. So I stopped to mouse over it. It said “Dishonored. You are dishonored and cannot participate in tournament PvP. Time remaining: 9 hours, 47 minutes, 33 seconds.” (paraphrasing, I can’t remember exactly what the buff icon description was).

Okay. So at this point I’m sufficiently confused to cause me to cease my aggression on the warrior. While the warrior is autoattacking me to death, I’m typing out my question (far beyond caring if I die) “How are you in Solo Queue if you have dishonored?” Warrior ignores me and stomps. I proceed to ask my team if instead I have rolled into a hotjoin, they respond as if I’m stupid, so I find the warrior again and call a target on her.

This time I ask my teammates, “Do you see dishonored on the warrior?” and yes, they all could see her dishonored debuff as well. I wanted to take a screenshot but the match was over and we were shuffled out before I could find the warrior a third time.

So here’s my question: how does dishonored work? Clearly it doesn’t prevent you from doing tournament PvP. My theory is that there are two different dishonoreds, one for team queue and one for solo queue. Can anyone tell me how I fought a warrior with dishonored in solo queue?

tldr; I was in solo queue with a warrior who had 9 hours remaining on a dishonored debuff. How?