Dishonour for blue screen

in PvP

Posted by: MURKATRON.8425

MURKATRON.8425

Okay so my PC occasionally blue screens. Yes i need to do a thorough dust clean and free up some memory space but so far in season 3 of pvp i have blue screened twice and both times I and my team still lose pips and i get dishonour for ten minutes. The log records as “abandoned” the match. I don’t know Anet’s policy towards blue screens, and if they see it as different from a DC and still want me and my team to lose pips then that’s one thing, but don’t give me dishonour and prevent me from playing while i serve a ban for abandonment.
Maybe they can’t tell the difference between a blue screen and ALT F4 but i am an honourable person! i never abandon a fight gawkitten!

Sort it out please

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Sorry bro, but its not fun to get a teammate that ususally bluescreens and may let you 4v5 any time, so dunno how dishonor is failing there. Also, abandoning a game for the first time gives only 15 min of dishonor, by the time you restart your pc and launch gw2 most of it should be already over, so not a big deal. Also, ANet fixed the 4v5 pip loss, so..

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

My computer never bluescreens, but yesterday I dc’d logged back in and finished off the game (we won) and got pips removed and dishonor. It was also the first good team I had played with in about an hour. Yep it sucks.

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

They can’t really tell the difference between a blue screen, a client crash, internet outage or you just yanking the network cable. Your client just stops communicating with the server. That’s all they see.

in PvP

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

As posted above they can’t tell your exact reason for disconnecting. You are going to need to get down and solve your blue screening problem. Out of curiosity, have you solved many bsod before?

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: MURKATRON.8425

MURKATRON.8425

As posted above they can’t tell your exact reason for disconnecting. You are going to need to get down and solve your blue screening problem. Out of curiosity, have you solved many bsod before?

My Pc is overclocked and so slightly more unstable. My cooling is not the greatest combined with the fact that it’s summer now. So with the overheating, dust build up and the fact that i need to free up hard drive space means it increases the chance of blue screen. These are all things I can fix or at least alleviate.
I didn’t blue screen once last season but the fact that it’s happened twice now means i need to seriously address it.
I just don’t like having “abandoned” on my record or my team mates being punished for something that isn’t their fault. Everyone has had someone DC on their team and you usually don’t lose pips for it so it seems they can tell what is a genuine disconnect.

Meh

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

My Pc is overclocked and so slightly more unstable. My cooling is not the greatest combined with the fact that it’s summer now. So with the overheating, dust build up and the fact that i need to free up hard drive space means it increases the chance of blue screen. These are all things I can fix or at least alleviate.
I didn’t blue screen once last season but the fact that it’s happened twice now means i need to seriously address it.
I just don’t like having “abandoned” on my record or my team mates being punished for something that isn’t their fault. Everyone has had someone DC on their team and you usually don’t lose pips for it so it seems they can tell what is a genuine disconnect.

Meh

They can’t the requirement for not losing a pip is someone out of your party getting DCed for more than 2min , which is the time threshold for getting dishonour.
If your team wins you shouldn’t get dishonour or lose a pip if you did it might be a bug.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

99% of blue screens are due to bad drivers.
The other 1% is from corrupted memory. Run memtest.

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

im sorry cause your pc has issues, but the fact is:

People with connection/pc problem or no time ( you don’t know if you have time enough for a match? Don’t join Ranked) should have respect for the others, and just play unranked.

And would be nice if ANET starts to warn at first and, if recidive, permaban players who continue to ruin games to others.

I also dislike dishonour, cause it count nothing and is not enough to prevent players bad behavior.