Dishonour penalty is getting a bit outrageous

in PvP

Posted by: Maxajax.6350

Maxajax.6350

So, today my internet cut out for a brief moment whilst I was connecting to a PVP match. I attempted to reboot Guild Wars 2 to reconnect, but I was forced to search for my phone due to SMS authentication. When I did get back in the game, I was parked in the PVP lobby instead of being put in my match. I got to wait 5 minutes for my friend to finish losing the 4v5, and then we discovered that we couldn’t queue because we still had 11 minutes of dishonour.

The reason why I mention this on the forums is because I feel that people who run into technical difficulties for a variety of reasons are essentially treated exactly the same as people that ALT+F4 during pvp matches. I’m somewhat hoping that Anet could perhaps change that. I know I shouldn’t be queueing on bad Wifi during vacation, but I’m a PvP addict.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

If you’re having enough connection issues to rack up on any significant amount of dishonor, you shouldn’t be queuing. Intentions aside, it’s the same result of ruining everybody else’s games.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Yes, but it was problems from your side, a few minutes ago demo ended, and i got dc from game, i loged back in but couldnt join game cause my toon from demo is gone, and got 11 minutes dishonour, now this is not fair , but in your case yes , was all your fault.
Get better conection bud

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

But He has a point.
If your connection goes down 1 time per month, you can obviously understand and accept 15 mins of dishonor.

If your connection drops many times in a day, you shouldn’t be playing with other ppl, cause you know you are possibly going to ruin their game.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I played in an Automated Tournament with four other players who knew I was having connection issues and still decided to play with me. I’m not sure I see the comparison.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Last night something weird happened with dishonor. I finished a match and left, and while sitting in the PVP lobby I went to queue again and it told me I had dishonor. Though I never disconnected and saw the match through to it’s end.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

15min for a single DC when you DC maybe once a month seems pretty harsh.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

And this is why dishonor shouldn’t be around.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

And this is why dishonor should be around.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

So, today my internet cut out for a brief moment whilst I was connecting to a PVP match. I attempted to reboot Guild Wars 2 to reconnect, but I was forced to search for my phone due to SMS authentication. When I did get back in the game, I was parked in the PVP lobby instead of being put in my match. I got to wait 5 minutes for my friend to finish losing the 4v5, and then we discovered that we couldn’t queue because we still had 11 minutes of dishonour.

The reason why I mention this on the forums is because I feel that people who run into technical difficulties for a variety of reasons are essentially treated exactly the same as people that ALT+F4 during pvp matches. I’m somewhat hoping that Anet could perhaps change that. I know I shouldn’t be queueing on bad Wifi during vacation, but I’m a PvP addict.

Missing a queue pop if you previously had 0 dishonor would only result in 3 minutes of being unable to queue for PvP. But before this happened, you had an abandoned match (you dropped from a match in progress) 1.5 hours before.

This causes the penalty to ramp up, hence the harsher penalty.

There is no reliable way to tell if someone dropped intentionally or not, so there will always be dishonor if you disconnect.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Missing a queue pop if you previously had 0 dishonor would only result in 3 minutes of being unable to queue for PvP. But before this happened, you had an abandoned match (you dropped from a match in progress) 1.5 hours before.

There is no reliable way to tell if someone dropped intentionally or not, so there will always be dishonor if you disconnect.

There really shouldn’t be any dishonor for missing a queue pop. Maybe if you miss 2+ in a row you can give dishonor, but if my average queues are 3-5 minutes long, and you’re telling me I can’t afk in that time because i have to sit and monitor the queue or I’ll get dishonor.

I understand giving dishonor if you AFK in a game, you negatively affected the outcome of a match, but unless you’re trolling the queue by declining every pop, you’re not affecting anyone in a negative way. In fact, declining a match just because someone is at my door and I need to go see what it is, is better than having to accept the match, and then having to AFK for an undetermined amount of time, because I didn’t want to get dishonored.

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

I don’t understand how there is dishonor for accidentally missing a q-pop. I’ve now been in 2 games in a row with someone who starts flaming and goes afk 30 seconds into the match and verbally abuses the team throughout the entire match. If he’s not dishonored and continues to be able to throw matches but someone who accidentally misses a pop gets hit with it is dishonored really working as intended?

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

agree that dishonor on queue is bad at least give it of you miss 2 in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I don’t understand how there is dishonor for accidentally missing a q-pop. I’ve now been in 2 games in a row with someone who starts flaming and goes afk 30 seconds into the match and verbally abuses the team throughout the entire match. If he’s not dishonored and continues to be able to throw matches but someone who accidentally misses a pop gets hit with it is dishonored really working as intended?

I sometimes miss my queue as I got distracted for some reason – but I think the dishonor is fair with me then – I just screwed 9 people that were in queue of a match and now they need to go back to queue to find that last person.

Also, I doubt the system has a way to check reliably if it was an accident or intentional, so the “forgiveness” is that the penalty isn’t that much – only 3 minutes.

Also, on the disconnect issue – yeah I get that sometimes – but what I usually do is stop queueing if I am having a non-reliable internet, because I know that at the end of the day I will likely not be able to play properly (drop, lag, etc.) and will end up being a -1 to my team, which is absolutely unfair with the others. So yes, the dishonor should apply then.

Now the afking / manipulation is a whole different problem that does need some attention from ANET because it ruins a lot of the games (luckily my matches thus far have been good so can’t complain much, but last season that was very rampant).

The verbal abuse? Just block and ignore – don’t worry about it – words from some salty player won’t harm you.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

There really shouldn’t be any dishonor for missing a queue pop. Maybe if you miss 2+ in a row you can give dishonor, but if my average queues are 3-5 minutes long, and you’re telling me I can’t afk in that time because i have to sit and monitor the queue or I’ll get dishonor.

I understand giving dishonor if you AFK in a game, you negatively affected the outcome of a match, but unless you’re trolling the queue by declining every pop, you’re not affecting anyone in a negative way. In fact, declining a match just because someone is at my door and I need to go see what it is, is better than having to accept the match, and then having to AFK for an undetermined amount of time, because I didn’t want to get dishonored.

on the other hand, people like you in the top 100 or 200 or 500 (or however high you have to be to look at your friend list and see whos not in a game currently and reliably predict from that who will be in your queue that just popped) can queue dodge with no real penalty if theres no extra dishonor.

its happened in other games. league players abuse it all the time, even with major time penalties. just log on another account and keep on truckin. why would it not be abused here. what makes you think its not already bypassed here.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

To me penalties are too light. You should be forced to work the time off in active unranked play. If you have 20 mins of dishonor that = 20 mins of unranked game time you need to complete before you can queue ranked again.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

People queue dodge by not queuing until the people they want to dodge are in matches. Why would they do it by cancelling queues?

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

People queue dodge by not queuing until the people they want to dodge are in matches. Why would they do it by cancelling queues?

Maybe what they meant was people syncing queues to try and get in the same match together outside of the 2 player party limit?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

They still can’t tell if they’re on the same or opposite teams.

in PvP

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I understand therer is no way of telling whether someone intentionally left/dced or just disconnected by accident.

It is really annoying but I agree that if you have a crappy connection you shouldn’t be playing ranked. I know it can happen to anyone, it happened to me once too. But if your connection is decent it shouldn’t happen that often. And shouldn’t frustrate you that much.

If anything I think the punishments for afking, trolling, flaming, disconnecting/quitting or any reason you got righteously reported for should be way harder.

People flame, quit, afk, troll as if theres no real punishment just because they’ll only be locked out for 3 minutes. maybe 15. or 30 Minutes. Even if it would be a few hours it wouldn’t be en ough for those who flame, troll, afk or quit a lot.

Punishment should be harder to demotivate people for doing those kind of things.
I have no idea of how far the dishonour system can go but i’ve seen one for 30 minutes I think and I think i heard of one of over 1h but can’t confirm that.