Division based lounges in the lobby.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The gist is the lobby would have a radical overhaul and still be outdoors for the most part but have one building that’s multi-layered but still ceilingless in places. A lounge would be open to those of that division and higher and the higher the division the more elaborate and awesome the lounge is.

Some privileges could be as follows:

Amber Lounge-

• Motivational and derisive NPC’s alike (only if the player is actually amber, if they’re above they’ll be teased for slumming it) to either motivate the player or make fun of them.

Emerald Lounge-

• Bank, trading post, regular vendor

Sapphire Lounge-

• Customizable NPC dummies that have access to elite specs and can customize traits but not runes, amulets and sigils. as well while the legendary NPC’s would have the same options but more (better AI and you can choose their runes, sigils, and amulets as well) and the training areas for these NPC’s would be instanced.

Ruby Lounge-

• Typical Mystic Forge. Some minigames. A jumping puzzle.

Diamond Lounge-

• Exclusive armor and weapon sets vendored only diamonds and legendaries have access to.
  • 2D fighting game modeled after Ultra Street Fighter 4 only with our Player Characters.
  • NPC dummies like the Sapphire Lounge’s dummies but with greatly improved AI and the player now has a choice to choose the NPC’s runes, sigils, and amulet in addition to traits.
  • Qipao and Changpao outfit vendor.

Legendary Lounge-

• Forgotten (lizard people) and Mursaat NPC’s everywhere catering to the legendaries.
  • Enhanced Mystic Forge with better T6 promotion yields and precursor chances.
  • Full sized Lavish Llama and Dreamer Pony (not as minis of course they’re chilling in the Legendary Lounge and can talk too) and the Dreamer Pony even vendors a mini modeled after him!
  • First wave precursor vendor that accepts lots of Shards of Glory.
  • Royal outfits that can be bought with Shards of Glory. Male humans look like kings with the fur cape and crown while female humans have poofy sleeved dresses with puffy traditional looking princess skirts and a tiara. The dress would be lacy, elegant, and conservative something like pic related. Such an amazing outfit would give strong motivation to players to improve their game and make legendary.

So what does everyone think? This would motivate more people into PvP and to get better because they’ll have access to much more epic looking elaborate environments and the privileges that accompany them. They’ll also have access to the cool kids’ lounges like diamond and legendary.

It would all still technically be in the same lobby only different parts would be locked off to those below certain divisions.

Attachments:

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

It would get old pretty fast, tbh…

Dont get me wrong, the idea has merit… but after you have seen everything in divinity’s reach… did you ever go back for a repeat? I didnt.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

There would be practice rooms (not as good as practicing with an actual other player but would have good AI and the exact stats a player would have via setting its amulets, traits, runes, weapons, etc., would be the next best thing) and minigames for replayability even after all the exclusive stuff gets bought (would take awhile). There’s always more to practice so at least the diamond lounge would have massive revisit rates.

Access would also be retroactive so if you’re technically an amber but had legendary at anytime you’d still have access to all lounges.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

and then mesmer friend ports you to any lounge

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

and then mesmer friend ports you to any lounge

Then the NPC bouncers for those areas would say, “Nice try buddy” and brings them back to the building’s entrance (which also has a bouncer for those who don’t even have a tag). You’d also need a legendary mesmer friend to do that since legendaries could go to any one.

Lounge specific bouncer: “Very clever, but your friend hasn’t earned the right to be here so I’ll drag them out. Let them earn the right to be here!”

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The legendary division suggestion is too overpowered in affects the economy.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

Because i’m in legendary I love the suggestion. But unfortunately, 99% of players arent. There would be so much hate for this

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Meh, of no interest in me.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I really like the idea of division based areas that only people from that division and above can go to. I also like the idea that the look of them will be improved as you go higher however I do not think that the lounges should have any more services than the regular HotM has, it should just have them closer together and more convenient. I think they should work like the Royal terrace where it is not an instance but only people from the appropriate divisions can enter so the people in lower divisions can still see inside. It would add to the prestige of being in a high division and would also help with the formation of groups if lots of people from the same division can stand around in the same place.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Wow, its really easy to tell when someone’s ideas come directly from their subconscious insecurities and need to compensate for their real life Social deficiencies by creating an environment in a virtual world where they can swap their positions From being an outcast loser in real life to being the “elite” that treats the “plebs” like a lower class.

Your ego stroking idea is pretty sad really when you think about it. Essentially a subconscious cry for attention and acceptance in society

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

I really like the idea of division based areas that only people from that division and above can go to. I also like the idea that the look of them will be improved as you go higher however I do not think that the lounges should have any more services than the regular HotM has, it should just have them closer together and more convenient. I think they should work like the Royal terrace where it is not an instance but only people from the appropriate divisions can enter so the people in lower divisions can still see inside. It would add to the prestige of being in a high division and would also help with the formation of groups if lots of people from the same division can stand around in the same place.

It wouldn’t be instanced (except for rooms where you fight customizable NPC dummies)

Wow, its really easy to tell when someone’s ideas come directly from their subconscious insecurities and need to compensate for their real life Social deficiencies by creating an environment in a virtual world where they can swap their positions From being an outcast loser in real life to being the “elite” that treats the “plebs” like a lower class.
Your ego stroking idea is pretty sad really when you think about it. Essentially a subconscious cry for attention and acceptance in society

Dude it’s a game and within the context of this particular game legendaries are at the top of the social ladder and it would be cool to have a lobby to reflect it. People want to have cool kid privileges and aspire to be cool kids themselves. Besides each lounge having a LFG chalkboard would mean people of similar rank and skill would team up more efficiently. No one wants to be carried (because as the weakest link you’d have the most mistakes that contribute to a loss) or carry sufficiently hard (since someone will feel bad about being outclassed and likely why a team lost) so this would organize equals better.

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

It wouldn’t be instanced (except for rooms where you fight customizable NPC dummies)

Dude it’s a game and within the context of this particular game legendaries are at the top of the social ladder and it would be cool to have a lobby to reflect it. People want to have cool kid privileges and aspire to be cool kids themselves. Besides each lounge having a LFG chalkboard would mean people of similar rank and skill would team up more efficiently. No one wants to be carried (because as the weakest link you’d have the most mistakes that contribute to a loss) or carry sufficiently hard (since someone will feel bad about being outclassed and likely why a team lost) so this would organize equals better.

All this would accomplish is to further the divide between the pro players and average players and would create an even more toxic relationship between the two communities. This has absolutely ZERO practical purpose other than to stroke the egos of ego maniacs while potentially invoke even more envy from the lower tier players. The whole “organizing teams” think just sounds like a cop out excuse to add this, no one would use this, you can already do the same thing in the current lobby.

The division symbol next to playets name is more than enough of a prestige display, there is no reason to segregate the player base in the lobby based on division.
The whole suggestion just reaks of “look at me im better than you” elitism.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

People want to have cool kid privileges and aspire to be cool kids themselves.

I’m here to have fun and play a video game. What the Heck this all about, I don’t even….. Here’s this might help.

Mind you, if I wanted to build something, it would be for everyone to enjoy, not a select few.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.