Do I have to pay to unlock runes/sigils?

in PvP

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Or can I unlock them somehow? I already have 2 full sets of traveler runes in pve, why do I have to pay extra to use traveler runes for pvp?

In gw1 you could either unlock stuff in pve or pay balthazar faction for it, not gold. wtf.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Well balthazar faction is a currency, gold is a currency. It’s pretty much the same.

But I agree, gold is used for so many things they should have given us a separate currency for those unlocks.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Well balthazar faction is a currency, gold is a currency. It’s pretty much the same.

But I agree, gold is used for so many things they should have given us a separate currency for those unlocks.

balthazar faction had zero monetary value until they added the zkey grind, it’s not the same at all.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Read my second sentence.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

balthazar faction had zero monetary value until they added the zkey grind, it’s not the same at all.

The Balthazar conversion rate was pretty much the same as 1:1 ratio, so unlocking a skill costed 1 platinum which is still relatively expensive.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

The Balthazar conversion rate was pretty much the same as 1:1 ratio, so unlocking a skill costed 1 platinum which is still relatively expensive.

No it didn’t. Guild wars 1 balth faction cost was perfect, it was more complex. you did not have to grind PvE to get that your skills and it purrrrrrrfect.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

No it didn’t. Guild wars 1 balth faction cost was perfect, it was more complex. you did not have to grind PvE to get that your skills and it purrrrrrrfect.

Balthazar faction could have been easily traded for gold, so it’s pretty much the same thing now. You earn gold directly in PvP matches now.

Granted the rate is pretty terrible and should be increased, but I doubt that will happen.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Balthazar faction could have been easily traded for gold, so it’s pretty much the same thing now. You earn gold directly in PvP matches now.

Granted the rate is pretty terrible and should be increased, but I doubt that will happen.

I was attempting to make a funny.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

gw1 is the past, in gw2, anet just want to make money, i used to very believe what they are saying, but now, they are just bullkittening you, what they claim will never come true. “Come On, it will be come true in the future!” oh ya, what do you mean in the future? The second life?