Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

It’s not the turret engi’s fault that so many self-proclaimed “gud” players can’t l2p.

Less nerf for viable builds, more buffs for less-viable builds.

This^

I believe the Turret Engineer is OP in SPvP, but no more nerfs…

how about Buffing weaker classes and builds…

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

It’s not the turret engi’s fault that so many self-proclaimed “gud” players can’t l2p.

This^

No, this is so incorrect. It’s okay to buff weak stuff to meta (aka broken) stuff when the broken stuff is at a workable level. Right now, the strong things are -so strong- that buffering weaker stuff to the level puts us right back in the same situation right now. Nothing should be buffed until we get rid of stupid things that lack counterplay (aka anything that is worth playing).

Back on topic: the argument that turret engineer is overpowered is irrelevant. The build is broken in the fact it’s high reward for literally doing nothing, AND that is’t super boring to play against. In game design you should consider both playing for and against. The strength of the build doesn’t matter, the problem is it is bad design and bad to play against.

Turret engineer shouldn’t be nerfed, it should be removed entirely.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Knighthonor.4061

This^

No, this is so incorrect. It’s okay to buff weak stuff to meta (aka broken) stuff when the broken stuff is at a workable level. Right now, the strong things are -so strong- that buffering weaker stuff to the level puts us right back in the same situation right now. Nothing should be buffed until we get rid of stupid things that lack counterplay (aka anything that is worth playing).

Back on topic: the argument that turret engineer is overpowered is irrelevant. The build is broken in the fact it’s high reward for literally doing nothing, AND that is’t super boring to play against. In game design you should consider both playing for and against. The strength of the build doesn’t matter, the problem is it is bad design and bad to play against.

no, because Turret Engineer is only strong in SPvP, everywhere else in the game its not strong.

This is exactly why I dislike small scale PvP, because Small Scale gameplay make certain classes more stronger than they actually are in any of the rest of the large scale gameplay elements. SPvP is a small part of the game.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

If it’s only viable in SPVP then nerfing it wouldn’t even matter because it’s not being played anywhere else anyways.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

SPvP is a small part of the game.

A yet, like it or not it has been the mode that the majority of skill development and balancing is focused on, with only small amounts of consideration on how changes needed to keep option working well in conquest spvp. Now that they are attempting to bring more modes online I fell that that initial “We want to focus on one mode and make it the best we can” is going to bite them on the tail as what is balance for one focus/objective may not be even remotely near balanced in another. As of right now there are what only 3 maps used in ranked? And if I recall there was then need to adjust the decaping portiental of engineer not too long ago.

Only time will tell what will happen with the introduction of Stronghold and any other game types/maps that could add to Gw2.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

This^

no, because Turret Engineer is only strong in SPvP, everywhere else in the game its not strong.

This is exactly why I dislike small scale PvP, because Small Scale gameplay make certain classes more stronger than they actually are in any of the rest of the large scale gameplay elements. SPvP is a small part of the game.

This is a PvP forum. We talk about PvP here. And you obviously didn’t read my post, because the argument of strength is completely irrelevant, it’s just not good game design that it exists and something should be done about it. This applies to all game modes.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Not sure why ya’ll are assuming you’re better than this so called ‘braindead’ turret engineer when him and his robots are hanging your corpse out to dry.

hint: guess who is really ‘braindead’

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

If it’s only viable in SPVP then nerfing it wouldn’t even matter because it’s not being played anywhere else anyways.

Actually on launch the idea of turrets was a big draw to the class. It’s a popular feel and idea. They just arent practical anywhere else. The only reason they get play in conquest is because it’s based around a low number of points. It’s not that people don’t want to play it else where.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

Not sure why ya’ll are assuming you’re better than this so called ‘braindead’ turret engineer when him and his robots are hanging your corpse out to dry.

hint: guess who is really ‘braindead’

all hail our new god, supply crate. may he carry us skillfully to victory.

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Beating a turret engineer in a 1v1 is far from an l2p issue in a lot of cases. Turret engi beats tons of builds for free (provided you have half a brain), even a lot of the meta builds with the some of the best players in the game playing them.

The biggest problem with turret engineer is that I think a significant amount of the player base isn’t good enough to justify NOT going turret engi. What I’m saying is that a significant amount of players could role turret engi and perform better than whatever they usually play.

In unorganized environments or when amateur teams don’t know how to deal with them, turret engineers are extremely frustrating for them to fight and that’s not a healthy environment.

These players shouldn’t have to deal with builds like this.

QFT

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I am asking, pleading, begging you Devs to stand your ground once more.
Do not give in! Let us not reduce further the build diversity in this game; let us send a clear, definitive message to the Vocal minority, the message being : Learn To Play.

They need to learn how to adapt to the ever changing environment, they need to learn how to change: tactics, playstyle and even profession if necessary.

Less nerfing and more buffing pls, many builds make the game fun as people can try and play different things, few builds make the game boring and stagnant.

Let us all remember that : creativity, adaptability, humbleness are what divide the good from the bad.

Cheers

No do not nerf it plz Anet. …..Destroy it!

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Why do people enjoy playing something so skill-less?

Sanctum of Rall

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Can’t win as a class/spec that actually requires skill.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I wonder. It seems to me that the skill-less people are the one who are whining constantly about it, instead.

Anyway, you can’t expect devs to make them useless just for the sake of some players who expect to rush into a point and sweep everything – the game isn’t balanced upon such brainless players.
And neither it would make sense for turrets to not do damage – seeing as the engineer can only use a single weapon, thus being naturally limited to use just his 5 weapon skills and overcharges when a full turret build is on place. But even if they didn’t do damage, they would have to do other effects to be worthwhile (and people would whine anyway due to “passive buffs” or whatever would do, similar to how people already complain about experimental turrets). And as long as they also have CC effects, lessening passive damage and shortening the cooldowns of overcharges to compensate for it is a no-no. It would just make for some massive CC spam. And neither putting a lot of power on long overcharges – it would just end up in massive burst damage.
There would be issues anyway, basically. Imho, what we have now is a good enough equilibrium between active damage and cc capabilities.
Sure, there is some degree of passive play, but that doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be viable (at least versus not experienced players – that, according to the comments on this forum, seems to be a relevant number anyway).
Asking for it to be nerfed to the ground may also be counterproductive, anyway. If you want to use the argument that such a build should be useless due to the low amount of active skills (the “they just need to sit there” that i’ve read so many times) then the opposite should be true too – builds with triple kits one or elementalists should be legitimately OP due of the number of active skills alone.
Is this what you’re asking for? Fine with me, but don’t whine later.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Reckless.3184

Lord Reckless.3184

Engis can place turrets on BS walls and window sills liek in khylio and melee classes get kitten hard from all directions
IF you’re going to do that then landing/jumping blinks should be able to blink in 3 dimensions (not just 2)

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Engis can place turrets on BS walls and window sills liek in khylio and melee classes get kitten hard from all directions
IF you’re going to do that then landing/jumping blinks should be able to blink in 3 dimensions (not just 2)

Ummm you can blink in 3 dimensions… Have you not seen all the ridiculous places a mesmer can phase retreat to? oh wait mesmer isn’t really in the meta. Nvm carry on.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Can’t win as a class/spec that actually requires skill.

this…pve heroes feel so gud letting ai playing for them, ofc they suck even on turret engi, problem is dat without turrets they would suck even more, quit and stop buying gems

there’s some sort of logic behind this after all

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

turret engis be like “only bad players complain about turret engi” meanwhile players decades ahead of them skillwise want this build to be destroyed

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

turret engis be like “only bad players complain about turret engi” meanwhile players decades ahead of them skillwise want this build to be destroyed

……….which clearly means that no, they are definitely not decades ahead skill wise.

I’m a complete terribad noob, and I solo turret engis with a condi bunker warrior. On the point. Easily.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Non-interested in ranked matches here.

I almost always play s/d engi in unranked, and killing turreteers goes as follows:
- full s/d volley on the rocket-turret (bouncing s/d projectiles prepare the turreteer for the coming burst)
- wait and kite for 7 seconds (gearshield once he runs in and tries a netshot/OS combo)
- blunderbus, OS, surprise-shot, rifle-jump on the engi.
I win.

Less
than
seconds

I’m not even listed on the LB, so do I get granted grandmastership in pvp for doing nothing but a basic, 10sec rota? xD

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

Oh I know. They just sit there like “gaahhh help wat do I do” and just die. Literally the only time a see a supposedly bunky build go down like wet paper.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

There’s not much of choice between cancer and ebola. Both are deadly.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

this…pve heroes feel so gud letting ai playing for them, ofc they suck even on turret engi, problem is dat without turrets they would suck even more, quit and stop buying gems

there’s some sort of logic behind this after all

At least the population spikes.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

choovanski.5462

tfw people who call for a nerf to win claim to have ‘skill’

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

If two new players start playing a game, and one picks up a turret engineer. The other will get wrecked. That person will be discouraged from playing the game because they will feel they are bad at it. Also, the one that played turret engineer never learns game mechanics because they get carried by the build they are playing and not their own skill. There is no justification for turret engineers being as strong as they are. The people that keep defending them need to stop.

The build makes bad players look way better than they are and that is bad for the game as a whole.

Why?

Personally I find it much more entertaining to shatter someone’s worldview completely by sudden difficulty spike because they -think- they are good, than fight someone who has been presented the reality that they have a lot to learn early and are now in it for the experience.

Sudden pride train wreck is one of the lights of my GW2 entertainment, don’t take that away~.

If someone wants to play a cookie cutter build that requires them to stay in one place for the duration of a match, let them. I will slake my thirst with their tears.

and just let courtyard drop.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

“Your not supposed to fight turret engis 1vs1”
“My build that relies almost completely on ai and traits for offense and defense takes soooo much skill”
“Other people need to L2P not turret engis”
^ This is what the people defending this sound like. If it isn’t obvious that the build is way to easy to work as well as it does then you really aren’t paying attention, or are just ignoring what’s going on around you.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

choovanski.5462

If two new players start playing a game, and one picks up a turret engineer. The other will get wrecked. That person will be discouraged from playing the game because they will feel they are bad at it. Also, the one that played turret engineer never learns game mechanics because they get carried by the build they are playing and not their own skill. There is no justification for turret engineers being as strong as they are. The people that keep defending them need to stop.

The build makes bad players look way better than they are and that is bad for the game as a whole.

Why?

Personally I find it much more entertaining to shatter someone’s worldview completely by sudden difficulty spike because they -think- they are good, than fight someone who has been presented the reality that they have a lot to learn early and are now in it for the experience.

Sudden pride train wreck is one of the lights of my GW2 entertainment, don’t take that away~.

If someone wants to play a cookie cutter build that requires them to stay in one place for the duration of a match, let them. I will slake my thirst with their tears.

and just let courtyard drop.

on the topic, you will always have builds that are better for noobs. it’s unavoidable, tanky builds will always be easier. the nice thing about turret engineer is it’s actually an awful build full of easy to exploit weaknesses, and only kills people who refuse to play situationally. anyone who calls themself a good, or even decent player should not be coming to the forums asking for a nerf so they can beat somone with no stunbreaks.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

“My build that relies almost completely on ai and traits for offense and defense takes soooo much skill”
^ This is what the people defending this sound like. If it isn’t obvious that the build is way to easy to work as well as it does then you really aren’t paying attention, or are just ignoring what’s going on around you.

Your argument is still.
“Turret Engi is easier to play than my build pls nerf.”

=/

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’d like to play devil’s advocate for a little and mention that not only can engies be defeated 1v1, but classes with AoE can do so easily.

Sure, it’s not skillful. you drop crate and stand.

Sure, it doesn’t enhance player skill.

If you aren’t only carrying melee weapons, you have supremacy on crate engie. The problems start when you dive right into the middle of all their weaps and expect to win.

That being said, I wouldn’t be against a nerf to punish people for what amounts to afking. That isnt because they are hard to beat at the same time, though.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Your argument is still.

=/

it’s the age old ’i’m so special (bad) that i need a nerf from the devs to win’ gambit. curiously humorous when leveraged against a build, that when deployed has no stunbreaks.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

zapv.8051

Your argument is still.

=/

No it isn’t. Once again you blatantly ignored what I actually wrote, read it again. I said “If it isn’t obvious that the build is way to easy to work as well as it does then you really aren’t paying attention, or are just ignoring what’s going on around you.” In other words I’m saying the build performs way to well for how easy it is. I have no problem with their being easy builds, but they shouldn’t be effective past a very low level of skill.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Your argument is still.

=/

No it isn’t. Once again you blatantly ignored what I actually wrote, read it again. I said “If it isn’t obvious that the build is way to easy to work as well as it does then you really aren’t paying attention, or are just ignoring what’s going on around you.” In other words I’m saying the build performs way to well for how easy it is. I have no problem with their being easy builds, but they shouldn’t be effective past a very low level of skill.

it’s not effective past a low level of skill? it’s the definitive noob killer build

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

zapv.8051

Your argument is still.

=/

it’s the age old ’i’m so special (bad) that i need a nerf from the devs to win’ gambit. curiously humorous when leveraged against a build, that when deployed has no stunbreaks.

I regularly beat turret engis 1vs1 on all 8 classes, it just takes way to long. I’m curious how you all justify the things I said. What I’ve seen is two people insulting me without giving any reasoning at all as to why turret engineers shouldn’t be nerfed. I also want to know how you justify people having 80% win ratios on turret engineers. As phantaram said, a majority of people in the community would perform way better on this build than what they are currently running, which is absurd.

it’s not effective past a low level of skill? it’s the definitive noob killer build

Correction, it is the definitive noob vs noob killer.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I think a small nerf would be fine. My biggest contention is with Accelerant Packed turrets, I think it needs a tweak. Either bump it up to a master trait in a tree, make it only apply when turrets are manually detonated, or give it a short ICD. Right now being punished for taking down turrets is frustrating design.

[EG] is recruiting!

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

Your argument is still.

=/

+1.

Once you get over the fact that running right into the drop zone wont work, they become sitting ducks.

But still, Afking shouldnt be a playstyle. We have people at each other’s throats for that.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Your argument is still.

=/

I regularly beat turret engis 1vs1 on all 8 classes, it just takes way to long. I’m curious how you all justify the things I said. What I’ve seen is two people insulting me without giving any reasoning at all as to why turret engineers shouldn’t be nerfed. I also want to know how you justify people having 80% win ratios on turret engineers. As phantaram said, a majority of people in the community would perform way better on this build than what they are currently running, which is absurd.

Correction, it is the definitive noob vs noob killer.

what is your issue here? that the build wrecks noobs? that when it’s noob v noob it wins? hambow will win in noob v noob, as will a multitude of other specs. bunker specs will beat noobs not running a bunker spec when ran by a noob, because the build has more passive survivability that the noob doesn’t have to utilise.

balancing the game around noob v noob is a very odd move. nerfing a build because it beats bad players would lead to a slippery slope where all builds would eventually have to be nerffed, because when the best easy noob killer is nerfed then it’s the second easy noob killer that generates the QQ and eventual nerf.

if you issue is that it’s a good build for bad players to kill other bad players with, i honestly can’t understand why you want it nerfed. there are countless other builds that do well against bad players.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I personally hate playing as a turret engi. They are boring as heck.

I don’t think it’s boring, but that’s just an opinion. I also don’t just stand there like people might suggest a turreteer normally only does, so maybe that’s what makes it different. If you’re not flying around the battlefield with dodges, knockbacks, and rifle jumps, then of course it’ll be boring.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

zapv.8051

what is your issue here? that the build wrecks noobs? that when it’s noob v noob it wins? hambow will win in noob v noob, as will a multitude of other specs. bunker specs will beat noobs not running a bunker spec when ran by a noob, because the build has more passive survivability that the noob doesn’t have to utilise.

balancing the game around noob v noob is a very odd move. nerfing a build because it beats bad players would lead to a slippery slope where all builds would eventually have to be nerffed, because when the best easy noob killer is nerfed then it’s the second easy noob killer that generates the QQ and eventual nerf.

if you issue is that it’s a good build for bad players to kill other bad players with, i honestly can’t understand why you want it nerfed. there are countless other builds that do well against bad players.

Maybe you should read the whole post and consider instead of reading the one part that you think you can pick apart. I’m not saying we should balance based on noob vs noob, your making a lot of assumptions about my statements. Just because someone says something and you imply it to mean something else doesn’t mean they did. The point of that statement was to indicate that people who play turret engineers are also noobs. Also, you said it was the definitive noob killer in response to me saying it shouldn’t be able to wreck other easy builds. It shouldn’t be so good that it can beat every other build at a low level of skill, which is were it currently stands. The whole game should not be balanced around low skill play, but I would take a beginner playing a turret engi over a beginner playing any other class 10 out of 10 times, with the exception of maybe a longbow ranger. Anet is very considerate of newer players, so in this case that alone should be enough for them to nerf it.

Despite this, their are problems with the build at non-low level play. This is mainly due to conquest gametype because a turret engineer can lay their turrets around the point, and stand on point while getting buffs from the turrets and dealing a good amount of damage with the turrets. This forces opposes players to either kill the turrets, which takes too much time and allows the engi to cap the point, or to eat the turrets damage and allow the engi to get buffs. All while only having to manage the active skills on the turrets, and rifle. If the turret engi had to do anything to get their damage, and defense then I wouldn’t care, but currently you just set the turrets down and they do a very large amount of the work for you.

Also, I want to once again emphasize what Phantaram said. Many players in this community would do far better playing a turret engineer than the build they are currently playing. Many turreteers that I have spoken with have win ratios above 60%, which is ridiculous again considering the only skill involved in the build is landing your ccs.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Knighthonor.4061

This^

This is a PvP forum. We talk about PvP here. And you obviously didn’t read my post, because the argument of strength is completely irrelevant, it’s just not good game design that it exists and something should be done about it. This applies to all game modes.

And WvW is also PvP, and I dont want to see a class get nerfed over some stupid small scale PvP balance.

Minds well balance all classes around 1v1 if thats the case and make all classes the same!!

Leave the nerfs to where they belong, not to other areas of the game where those nerfs wasnt deserved.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Maybe you should read the whole post and consider instead of reading the one part that you think you can pick apart. I’m not saying we should balance based on noob vs noob, your making a lot of assumptions about my statements. Just because someone says something and you imply it to mean something else doesn’t mean they did. The point of that statement was to indicate that people who play turret engineers are also noobs. Also, you said it was the definitive noob killer in response to me saying it shouldn’t be able to wreck other easy builds. It shouldn’t be so good that it can beat every other build at a low level of skill, which is were it currently stands. The whole game should not be balanced around low skill play, but I would take a beginner playing a turret engi over a beginner playing any other class 10 out of 10 times, with the exception of maybe a longbow ranger. Anet is very considerate of newer players, so in this case that alone should be enough for them to nerf it.

Despite this, their are problems with the build at non-low level play. This is mainly due to conquest gametype because a turret engineer can lay their turrets around the point, and stand on point while getting buffs from the turrets and dealing a good amount of damage with the turrets. This forces opposes players to either kill the turrets, which takes too much time and allows the engi to cap the point, or to eat the turrets damage and allow the engi to get buffs. All while only having to manage the active skills on the turrets, and rifle. If the turret engi had to do anything to get their damage, and defense then I wouldn’t care, but currently you just set the turrets down and they do a very large amount of the work for you.

Also, I want to once again emphasize what Phantaram said. Many players in this community would do far better playing a turret engineer than the build they are currently playing. Many turreteers that I have spoken with have win ratios above 60%, which is ridiculous again considering the only skill involved in the build is landing your ccs.

low level play = noob vs noob

all you are saying is the build does too well in noob v noob so it should be nerfed, or that it’s too easy for noobs to kill other noobs with the build so it should be nerfed. you are always going to have build that is the best at killing noobs, nerfing turret engineer will just have it replaced by another build, something else that’s tanky and does ok damage- ah, perhaps the hambow, the build that should beat turret engineers every time.

regardless the reason people are losing to turret engineer is because of their own stupidity, not through the super power of the build. when the turrets are deployed the engineer has no stunbreaks. killing the rocket turret first is also not a complex strategy, it’s a turret shooting missiles at you- it’s very obvious that it is something that needs to die. I honestly think people who both can’t figure out that killing something shooting missiles at them is a good idea, and who are unable to kill someone who has no stunbreaks deserve to lose.

i will take a hambow over a turret engineer any day of the week, the build has hardly any teamfight potential and is just a bad home defender.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

The only issue I have with turret engis is that they can leave their turrets on one point and move to another.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The only issue I have with turret engis is that they can leave their turrets on one point and move to another.

At which point they become free kills.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: shifted.4086

shifted.4086

This game needs more builds. I got into GW2 for PvP and I’m so disappointed that everyone acts like there’s only one good PvP build per class.

You’ve had two years to balance before I got here. No offense but I thought you’d have more to show for it, especially with the weight that GW1 carries.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Do not give in! Let us not reduce further the build diversity in this game; let us send a clear, definitive message to the Vocal minority, the message being : Learn To Play.

They need to learn how to adapt to the ever changing environment, they need to learn how to change: tactics, playstyle and even profession if necessary.

This is ridiculously funny when you say “don’t nerf my build” and tell that people should “adapt” even if “adapting” is not just changing their build, but changing profession in one post.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

If conquest mode wasn’t the original point from which all balance flows I doubt we would be having this discussion.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

OP reminds me a lot of this ‘Mechanharpel’ guy I encountered in PvP…

Attachments:

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Aztex.4895

Aztex.4895

Remove or nerf the traits “Metal Plating” and “Autotoll Installation” and I think it would be much more balanced. I would remove Metal Plating and would change Autotoll with +2 secs interval.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I play all eight professions and consider myself to be pretty competent sPvP player (except as a thief, I suck at it big time). Engi is probably my second favorite profession after warrior, which is my main.

Last night I was playing as turret engi in unranked Temple. At one point I was alone at mid and facing a warrior 1 vs 1. Mind you that I main warrior so I know every possible strategy that profession can use. My turrets were all positioned as they were supposed to yet this warrior managed to own me two times in a row. Do you know why? Because he was playing smart. He was not rushing like a fool in a middle of the cap point. Instead he was using Longbow from far away to clean my turrets and hide behind pillars when my turrets began an overcharge attack. When he saw me come closer he knew to use immobilize to prevent me from using KB on him.

That’s the exact moment (one of many actually) when I realized how useless turret engis can be if you face people which know how to play against them. You are solely relying on AI and overcharges which can be easily avoided if you pay attention. Not only that but if you use a rifle there are basically only two useful skills on it (net and KB) which have a long enough CD to be useless in team fights.

That being said, the conquest mode is the only reason why turret engis might feel OP. It literally tells people to do the exact opposite they are supposed to do against turret engis – rush toward the turrets. Once you learn NOT to do that you are pretty much good against any turret engi.

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Many players in this community would do far better playing a turret engineer than the build they are currently playing. Many turreteers that I have spoken with have win ratios above 60%, which is ridiculous again considering the only skill involved in the build is landing your ccs.

You are neglecting to mention that once you learn to play the “other” build then you outscale, outplay a Turret Engi completely.

Fine the build is relatively easy to play and you may be able to beat players with a bit more skill than you, but that only goes so far.

All that needs to happen is that YOU need to improve YOUR MMR so that you can stop having problems with Turret Engi’s or stop playing with people who facecheck the turrets.

Tip so long: Start by not attacking the turrets, you are wasting your time.

Most of your statements make it obvious that you have zero clue on how higher levels of soloQ sPvP work, nor do you have any idea on how to take on a turret engi.

It ALWAYS comes back to the SAME thing with these topics, if you struggling vs turret engi, you have a L2P issue, nothing more.

@holodoc.5748.
Yeah because the turret build has an extremely low skillcap. All your fighting is a dead boy and a stupid AI. The turret engi has very limited options once the turrets are down. Effectively a offhead chicken, and people do not GET how TERRIBLY useless that is.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

(edited by Novuake.2691)

Do Not Nerf Turret Engi

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Yeah because the turret build has an extremely low skillcap. All your fighting is a dead boy and a stupid AI. The turret engi has very limited options once the turrets are down. Effectively a offhead chicken, and people do not GET how TERRIBLY useless that is.

So useless that nearly every game has a turret eng, some even having 2.

The spec brings the entire game down as a whole and needs to not be a thing because it’s boring to play and play against.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)