Do Rangers Feels Robbed of DH?

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

And swap druid in exchange for it?

I mean come on – LB and traps in one build. Is that even possible w/ rangers? Well maybe with rampager ammy but you have to rely on pets to carry you coz you’ll die so fast.

Are rangers happy with druid as much as guardians are happy with DH?

I remember some time ago a guard threw a fit because he wanted druid stuff for guardians.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

I am happy with ranger and now the fixed the degen off af out of combat so i am happy with druid. Kicking DH butt, so its fine for me. Maybe thats because most DH very bad at kiting and standing in there traps lol. Hell i even was told by one that kiting is “no fun” . And other one said its for kitten’s.

Trap longbow can be done for ranger aswell, but you’d be giving up a lot of survivability. But to be honest a full DH trapper has to give that up too.

In short im a happy ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Snow.3257

Lord Snow.3257

Druid is amazing, no matter what Ranger playstyle one likes. As for DH, I really found it enjoyable, even tho traps aren’t my thing, both specs are good, but I can agree that Dragon Hunter doesn’t really fit the Guardian theme too much.

in PvP

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I don’t feel robbed at all, Druid is hella fun!!!

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I haven’t spent much time on druid because my scrapper is an attention hog but I know DH got nerfed recently.

Who will win 1v1 between LB ranger and DH?

Who will win 1v1 between druid and DH?

My guess is ranger and druid coz they have pets and blinds but I may be wrong. I haven’t done any 1v1 on either professions yet.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

When I first choose ranger in this game, my aim was to play the ultimate distance archery class. Many ranger players are fan of the bows and arrows (most of them even practice archery in real life like me). Now the archer archetype is neither very effective on ranger, nor stayed with her. Apart from DH being a better (magical) archer, rangers are pushed towards being a caster.

There are a lot of players love this change. And many ranger players tend to play due to its closeness to nature. But archer lovers like myself are terribly frustrated. Idiotic pets and useless pet mechanics are already ruining our imagined archetype. There is no option for us to be alone, without pet mechanics. And now slowly the ranged power shifts from us to other professions. Many weapon in game got more range. There are better archers, and our developers focus is on druid, not core ranger.

Long story short, ones like me who love archer stereotype feel more than frustrated with latest changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Well druids now are the meta bunkers so they kinda robbed each other.

in PvP

Posted by: Salvatore.4983

Salvatore.4983

I mean come on – LB and traps in one build. Is that even possible w/ rangers? Well maybe with rampager ammy but you have to rely on pets to carry you coz you’ll die so fast.

I remember some time ago a guard threw a fit because he wanted druid stuff for guardians.

I believe you can’t use ranger….

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

I believe you can’t use ranger….

How did you come up with that conclusion? It looks like he understood that traps were condition based and LB power/precision and using rampager amulet had no sustain.

But I must agree w/ Leeto that they kinda robbed each other

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I think a lot of rangers are more annoyed that they took the suggestions we have been making for years on how traps could be improved and they implemented them on DH traps.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Anet does not listen. They hear only. Pet mechanic should be voluntarily not forceful. I dislike using pets. That should be my choice.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Druid seems quite strong as well, but the DH traps really make ranger trapper builds seem underwhelming.

The thing is Ranger trapper builds are actually reasonably good at low/mid tier play levels but the DH traps just give all the utility you have to sacrifice when taking traps as a ranger.

Its like a ranger trapper that also has stun breaks, stability, dazes, pulls/cc to keep players in traps or bring them into traps, plus more damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Happy with druid although it’s kinda weird that DH is a better ‘base ranger’ than ranger is. By that I mean, DH is a bit better at fighting at range (mostly because they block any ranged attacks coming in and do as much damage as ranger). Wouldn’t compare druid to DH though kinda different playstyle, Core Ranger to DH is an interesting topic though and I could see how Rangers feel ‘robbed’.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

the Guardain LB does its Damage at any range no punishment its better than a Rangers Standard LB base line its much better.

which feels Aggrivating that a DH and shoot a bow at close range and still deal 2-3k crits ontop of everything else that it offers in terms of damage as to where Rangers have to force them selfs to swap out nearly instantly vs a DH which can tank for about 10-15seconds before needing to swap out .

and those 10-15seconds can make a big difference when it comes to ranged combat, all it takes is one Side shot and your team mate is down on his last bit of hp , then that one Shot comes from a Ranged user and downs him (in the case of Long range shot this was a Benifit of Ranger LB as further away targets took more damage.)

now a DH can do this regardless of distance , and not suffer any Distance penalties.

they nurfed the Long range portion of ranger lb and increased the Medium range+short range portion but they do not deal anywhere near 3k crits (unbuffed)

in PvP

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

guard LB one arrow does same dmg as ranger Lb 10 arrows

they’re tankier, they have teleports/more mobility, insane traps

hilarious arena net , hilarious

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

Guardian support role is already viable as it is. Nope, not enough. So they gave guards a super buffed LB w/ traps and NO pets. I’m sure a lot of rangers would give up pets for something as amazing as the DH. Even after nerf, that thing does crazy damage plus CC and inherent guardian blocks.

nuts.

compare that with lame ranger traps. It’s a joke. Flame trap doesn’t even stack high burning damage. In fact ranger traps and aoe fire damage does pulsing damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

guard LB one arrow does same dmg as ranger Lb 10 arrows

they’re tankier, they have teleports/more mobility, insane traps

hilarious arena net , hilarious

You are hilarious with this statement xD

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Guardian support role is already viable as it is. Nope, not enough. So they gave guards a super buffed LB w/ traps and NO pets. I’m sure a lot of rangers would give up pets for something as amazing as the DH. Even after nerf, that thing does crazy damage plus CC and inherent guardian blocks.

nuts.

compare that with lame ranger traps. It’s a joke. Flame trap doesn’t even stack high burning damage. In fact ranger traps and aoe fire damage does pulsing damage.

Pets are doing amazing dmg, you are doing something wrong here.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

Yeah but I’m still willing to give up pets for DH. What anet did is instead of giving us a fully optimized build like DH, they gave us something partially optimized in exchange for the AI pets. I’d rather have something buffed all the way and I control fully

You must be a guard.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I play both classes and am mediocre skilled at best, lol. Before HoT, I was support guard (still Am) and survival ranger.

The thought frightens me actually…..what if DH fell into the hands of a really really really good ranger. The ones that kite like a madman and can also shred opponents to pieces in melee.

Most DH right now were former guardians and FOTM ppl. What I’m afraid to encounter is a good ranger rerolling to DH.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I play both classes and am mediocre skilled at best, lol. Before HoT, I was support guard (still Am) and survival ranger.

The thought frightens me actually…..what if DH fell into the hands of a really really really good ranger. The ones that kite like a madman and can also shred opponents to pieces in melee.

Most DH right now were former guardians and FOTM ppl. What I’m afraid to encounter is a good ranger rerolling to DH.

don’t tempt me but things never get balanced by Class hoping so im staying put.