Do You Spam Skills in a Teamfight?

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Come now, be honest. Let’s imagine the following situation. You’re in the Forest map, and there are 3 of your team and mid and three of the enemy. You’re standing on point – either as a warrior, a necro bunker, an ele (never played one) or a guardian.

It’s chaos. Lights flashing everywhere, people making sounds and you can’t even tell who is your team! And chances are you’ll be under severe pressure yourself merely trying to stay alive.

In all this, do you have time for coherent thought? Do you think cooly and rationally view the chaos around you and can you figure out what’s happening? Do you look at mesmer in all that racket, realize they’re going to cast moa on someone and do you have the time to de-target, retarget, and interrupt?

Or do you do what I do? Just spam your AoE skills and hope for the best? In a 1v1, or 2v2 scenario over somewhat large points like the ones in Foefire…ok I get it. You can see what’s happening and make sense of it.

But in a tight cluster, with everything going to madness, your camera angles all cramped, with an engis bombs falling on you messing up your framerate (I swear my screen actually stutters for several seconds when that hapens), I can’t make out squat.

I’ve been playing for 3 years.

I’ve heard about accounts of wars – there’s this great plan beforehand, everyone has their roles, everyone knows what to do. And then the battle hits and its’ a big clusterkitten. Plans go to hell, you’re not even sure if you’re swinging your bayonet at your own comrades, and you’re just trying to stay alive.

Does that happen to you in GW2 PvP?

Be honest.

(edited by bhagwad.4281)

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Of course not baby. I have calculated dodges, interrupts, and knockbacks in order to suppress my opponents….SIKE! Just grab bunker guard like me and spam aoe condi cleanse, random dodge, block two ranged auto attacks with shield, and cry cause its hard to protect your team from non telegraphed damage. But hey. This is better than bunker/zerker/condi wars 2. Otherwise known as cele meta lelelelel. But yea, whoever spams the most kitties wins

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Just a thought…how about if GW2 introduced friendly fire? You get hit by all AoEs regardless of whether it’s your own team or the other.

Lol, that would be fun!

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Lel, that would demoralize every engi, ele, and necro ever. Throws bombs…kills entire team, oh noes. My frands. They r ded. Ohs no.

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

the only time I ever spam skills are in wvw using defensive CDs in the middle of a zerg fight that we’re close to winning/losing.

otherwise no

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Haha man!
And i thought i was just slow and couldnt get it..
I ve been wasting time, playing games like lol that have 4 skills only and much slower/clearer animations .
Then i see again a GW2 match after so long and i try to apply the same principles i learnt from these games when it comes to team fights..You know try to make the right move ,use skills to its effectiveness,peel,interrupt
Its..impossible..2manyvariables..cantcompute ..headaches…prettylights
I dont think human brain can process what is needed for this game to be played perfectly :/

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Partially, I amm liberal about a few skills while keeping my stuns,cleanses and elite on a carefull watch. I use these to counter condis,other stuns, stops,res and other elites. I do have the problem of focussing too much on a single opponent in a team fight.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It is tough to pay attention to everything going on, so you just have to prioritize. If you know that there is a zerk warrior on the other team, you make sure to keep and eye on him. You will miss things from other players that you would notice in a 1v1, but ultimately, you should be doing much better than if you spam randomly. At the very least make sure you are spamming decent rotations, such as might stacking or burst rotations on the focused target.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

It is tough to pay attention to everything going on, so you just have to prioritize. If you know that there is a zerk warrior on the other team, you make sure to keep and eye on him. You will miss things from other players that you would notice in a 1v1, but ultimately, you should be doing much better than if you spam randomly. At the very least make sure you are spamming decent rotations, such as might stacking or burst rotations on the focused target.

This. I keep track of one or two opponents while glancing between my condi bar and my teammates’ status and watching for any big AoEs appearing under me. You don’t keep track of everything but if you’re going to down someone or look for who’s ripe for a focus target, you need to keep some of your wits about you.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

No, I don’t spam skills. Basically never. I look at the opponents in teamfights and their animations to judge what I should do. I basically never look at the unit frame of my target because it’s just SO FAR AWAY from my own unit frame which I NEED to focus so use my defenses right, so with stuff that doesn’t have a good animation of often tend to use CC skills against immune opponents for example

If only they’ let me move the target unit frame next to my own characters’.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis