Do not make rewards easier to get

in PvP

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

…in fact, make them even harder to get.

Let me explain,
A lot of stuff is going around about the legendary wings from pvp and how they are too hard to get for the casual player. I just want to say that this is the point and it’s incredibly enjoyable and rewarding to the hardcore player base.
Anet, if you decide to make things any easier to get for the casual player, this is the moment your game will die. All I do is PvP and I love it. I am incredibly excited that I will get to be one of the first players sporting my legendary wings this next month. This is what draws myself and many others to this game and it should never ever be changed. The hardcore players that you have are the core to this game, we have been playin since release, we play almost everyday, and we make the community what it is. Without this player base there is no core within the MMO, nothing to hold it together. This is a thing that WoW did so well, they had a qstrong balance between the needs of their casual players and their hardcore players. I still go back to WoW every once in a while to sit in major cities and sport my server first titles (which are titles only 25 people per server got, so only about 500 in the entire game got) because it’s enjoyable to have something that no one else, and no one else will ever get, because I put an immense amount of time and effort into it to recieve it. Unfortunately, the reasons that I and the rest of my guild quit and moved to guild wars 2 was because blizzard stopped doing this. blizzard stopped respecting their hardcore players and instead began to cater to casual players with the intention of profit. Now look at WoW. It’s a game with the weakest and most casual player base ever AND has the lowest sub count in the games history.

That being said, I love the primordial legend title, it is something that no one else will get again. I also love the idea of wings and legendaries being hard to get. So please, please whatever you do and no matter what anyone says, do not stop adding new and gratifyingly difficult content for your game. Make it so that some content will not be attainable to the rest of the player base. Yes it will upset some people, but you need to realize the importance of this casual/hardcore balance. I don’t want to see this game turn into what WoW is now.
Now, I’m speaking mainly in terms of PvP because that’s what I do, but it should also be something to follow for all other game types as well. If you do this, I guarantee your player base will be healthier and the game will live longer. You will see old hardcore players return to the game to achieve these challenges with their friends. Please keep content difficult and novelty items/titles challenging to receive

Warrior

(edited by Interpretor.3091)

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

legendary wings is fine as it is. pvp at the moment how hard as it may be is actually trying to confront everybody with the truth how things are going. Bassically the 50/50 matches are gone. How you played in the past will now directly affect your fate now.

ie low mmr’s are paired up with low mmr’s high mmr’s with high mmr’s. this pretty much makes it harder to get carried and thus means that every player must now play together and get better. the only odd ones out are the lower and average mmr’s having more chance to bieng paired up with newer players, this and mmr abusers that either payed good players, went into stronghold farm.

so yeah only the newer players can kinda get carried to some extend and the Lucky kittens that mmr manipulated before hand to get carried into legendary.
People that tanked thier mmr however are at the short end of the stick, they now have to carry new players.

with this all in play, i think needing to go to legendary is already hard enough.

Leagues are doing exactly what i figure u want.

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

If that’s the case let’s do it like this. Any player who even stepped once in pvp, will have their access completely taken from Fractal legendary wings…because we have to be fair right? U make pvp wings impossible to get for “everyone” then we do the same for the rest of content for u.

in PvP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

He’s just saying that you should have to be skilled at pvp in order to get the backpiece, and, in fractals, you need to be good in order to get that backpiece too, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Dril.2495

Dril.2495

If that’s the case let’s do it like this. Any player who even stepped once in pvp, will have their access completely taken from Fractal legendary wings…because we have to be fair right? U make pvp wings impossible to get for “everyone” then we do the same for the rest of content for u.

Thats the most childish comment i’ve ever heard, pvp is just that, player vs player. Its entire core is about skill and being better than your enemy. Hence it only makes sense that there is more than just the feeling of being one of the top players. The rewards should be tied to the way you perform.

Those wings aren’t just pretty wings, they are also a sign of “this guy pvps a lot and most likely takes his pvp serious”.

Theres plenty of fancy purely cosmetic wings in the store, or as you stated yourself, with some effort the fractal backpiece will eventually become availlable (which wont be free either, it takes effort in its own way).

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

He’s just saying that you should have to be skilled at pvp in order to get the backpiece, and, in fractals, you need to be good in order to get that backpiece too, right?

The thing is if you are good and 3 or 4 of your team mates are bad or no idea at all you will still get rekt.

in PvP

Posted by: Aurugal.6954

Aurugal.6954

The thing is if you are good and 3 or 4 of your team mates are bad or no idea at all you will still get rekt.

Well lets play the maths game WOOOHOO. Say you were playing a game like hearthstone which has alot of RNG innately in it. You might beat the best player in the world for a game or two the same way you might have bad teammates in plenty of games BUT eventually over the course of lets say 20 games all the RNG becomes less of a variable as your own individual deeds start to have higher relevance so the world’s best hearthstone player would crush you. You can blame your teammates for a game’s loss but if you are losing more than winning in 30 games, the only common variable is you my friend : ).

Now let’s play the statistics game: how many random players in the enemy team? 5. How many random players in your team 4 +you. Assuming you are good that means on average the enemy team is more likely to have 1 more bad player per game than you as they have more randoms so… yeah, gl with ranked!

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Well lets play the maths game WOOOHOO. Say you were playing a game like hearthstone which has alot of RNG innately in it. You might beat the best player in the world for a game or two the same way you might have bad teammates in plenty of games BUT eventually over the course of lets say 20 games all the RNG becomes less of a variable as your own individual deeds start to have higher relevance so the world’s best hearthstone player would crush you. You can blame your teammates for a game’s loss but if you are losing more than winning in 30 games, the only common variable is you my friend : ).

Now let’s play the statistics game: how many random players in the enemy team? 5. How many random players in your team 4 +you. Assuming you are good that means on average the enemy team is more likely to have 1 more bad player per game than you as they have more randoms so… yeah, gl with ranked!

When i say bad team mates what i mean is they run around like a lost kitty or instead of capping points they will just leave the point to chase people i played lots of matches with that kind of players they ignore capping and chose chasing the enemy team and for that causes me to lost pips. You wouldn’t believe if i tell you that i played a match where they leave the point uncapped and chase enemy players.

in PvP

Posted by: Aurugal.6954

Aurugal.6954

When i say bad team mates what i mean is they run around like a lost kitty or instead of capping points they will just leave the point to chase people i played lots of matches with that kind of players they ignore capping and chose chasing the enemy team and for that causes me to lost pips. You wouldn’t believe if i tell you that i played a match where they leave the point uncapped and chase enemy players.

No don’t get me wrong, I swear I believe you I really do; we play the same game after all. But the fact is that what spell protects the enemy team from having the same sort of players? Some games you just can’t win that is a fact no matter who you are but eventually over the course of many games those unavoidable losses stop mattering as much is all I am saying.

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Its a casual game rewards will never be hard to get if you put the time.

in PvP

Interpretor.3091

legendary wings is fine as it is. pvp at the moment how hard as it may be is actually trying to confront everybody with the truth how things are going. Bassically the 50/50 matches are gone. How you played in the past will now directly affect your fate now.

ie low mmr’s are paired up with low mmr’s high mmr’s with high mmr’s. this pretty much makes it harder to get carried and thus means that every player must now play together and get better. the only odd ones out are the lower and average mmr’s having more chance to bieng paired up with newer players, this and mmr abusers that either payed good players, went into stronghold farm.

so yeah only the newer players can kinda get carried to some extend and the Lucky kittens that mmr manipulated before hand to get carried into legendary.
People that tanked thier mmr however are at the short end of the stick, they now have to carry new players.

with this all in play, i think needing to go to legendary is already hard enough.

Yes, I am loving this league system. I think the MMR is great and the rewards are fun and worth going after. I wish there was some more balancing being done, but other than that, no complaints here. I actually would really like to see custom armor skins from the league ticket vendor, PvP exclusive of course. Fractals and raids have their own weapon/armor skins, other MMO games have their own PvP exclusive gear sets and skins, why can’t we? It would be a great addition to this game.

Warrior

in PvP

Interpretor.3091

Thats the most childish comment i’ve ever heard, pvp is just that, player vs player. Its entire core is about skill and being better than your enemy. Hence it only makes sense that there is more than just the feeling of being one of the top players. The rewards should be tied to the way you perform.

Those wings aren’t just pretty wings, they are also a sign of “this guy pvps a lot and most likely takes his pvp serious”.

Theres plenty of fancy purely cosmetic wings in the store, or as you stated yourself, with some effort the fractal backpiece will eventually become availlable (which wont be free either, it takes effort in its own way).

+1

Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Yes, I am loving this league system. I think the MMR is great and the rewards are fun and worth going after. I wish there was some more balancing being done, but other than that, no complaints here. I actually would really like to see custom armor skins from the league ticket vendor, PvP exclusive of course. Fractals and raids have their own weapon/armor skins, other MMO games have their own PvP exclusive gear sets and skins, why can’t we? It would be a great addition to this game.

as an average guy i have been on the hard end of the stick as well the first days. I actually took a small break and are steadily becoming better. I do wish that A-net should have done this in league season 1. I do have to say that this is quite a reality check for me. It might actually have prepared me and others a bit better for real competetive play. And not this false sense of accomplishments. That’s my only gripe with it. but for the rest i do like this new mmr system now. It’s unbiased and the hard truth. I have to respect A-net for this no matter how hard it is now atleast.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

this is all flawed to begin with
faker elitists cry for harder rewards but when the going gets tought what do they do?

immedietly roll necromancer or druid or revenant to faceroll players without skill

in PvP

Interpretor.3091

this is all flawed to begin with
faker elitists cry for harder rewards but when the going gets tought what do they do?

immedietly roll necromancer or druid or revenant to faceroll players without skill

Faker elitist? Who said I was an elitist and do you even know me? lmao… I just had to respond to this because it made me laugh.

Look, I didn’t say I was going to get all the rewards or even that I want all of the rewards. I’m saying that rewards should be hard to get. There needs to be challenging content for players who are dedicated and not casual. In WoW it was literally impossible to get everything, it made the game worthwhile and gave players who wanted it a true goal to achieve. I only got about ~5 server first raid kills in WoW, but they are my titles and my memories of the game that no one else will ever get and will only ever see if I decide to log on that day and play the game on my toon. It’s what made it great…It’s an absolutely fantastic feeling for this game and in fact anything in life. It’s like if you owned a car where only ~300 were ever made, or a one of a kind signed baseball, or whatever your vice/hobby/sport is.
I don’t want all the rewards, I want the players who truly deserve them to have them. I want players, including myself, to be rewarded and able to show the time and effort they have put into the game that they truly enjoy. I for one certainly hope I don’t have the time to get all of the high end level rewards in this game, because I have a life to enjoy as well. However, I will equally respect players who have more titles, skins and gold in this game than I do because they spent the time to earn those things, just like I do in real life.

PS: I main warrior.

Warrior