Do something with this insane burning!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

the issue i see with the condi damage right now is that condi damage is supposed to be SLOW applied over time damage, but very high overall damage. (it never really was this… it was always applied WAY too fast for this concept)
any condisetup which will fully kill you in 10 seconds or lesss, is not slow :P

condi damage in my view is suppose to be the opposite of the “direct damage” it is suppose to SLOWLY weather your opponent down while you defend yourself.
but at the same time it is suppose to last for a LONG time, so just moving away won’t stop you from dying 30 seconds later.
without condi clear you will die after fighting a condi-specced class, even after you win.

so the downside should be it takes a loong time for the damage to ramp up.
upside should be “the damage ticks last Forever” (ofc. not forever but for a LONG time 30-120 seconds), forcing you to get condi-clear to continue.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

OP burning is helping to sell HoT, as 3 of the elite specs are built around burning as their primary condition.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

the issue i see with the condi damage right now is that condi damage is supposed to be SLOW applied over time damage, but very high overall damage. (it never really was this… it was always applied WAY too fast for this concept)
any condisetup which will fully kill you in 10 seconds or lesss, is not slow :P….

Says who, exactly?

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

condi damage in my view is suppose to be the opposite of the “direct damage” it is suppose to SLOWLY weather your opponent down while you defend yourself.
but at the same time it is suppose to last for a LONG time, so just moving away won’t stop you from dying 30 seconds later.
without condi clear you will die after fighting a condi-specced class, even after you win.

upside should be “the damage ticks last Forever” (ofc. not forever but for a LONG time 30-120 seconds), forcing you to get condi-clear to continue.

I disagree. I think the design is that all classes have SLOW conditions and BURSTY conditions. Mesmer: slow = torment, fast = confusion. Necromancer: slow=poison/bleeding, fast = terror/dhuumfire, revenant: slow=torment, fast=burning, ranger: slow=poison/bleeding, fast= burning, elementalist: slow=bleeding, fast=burning

All the “fast” conditions are on “burst” skills (scepter 3 and shatter for mesmer, fear for necro, mace 2 for revenant, torch for ranger) and the slow ones are the ones you have on AA (mesmer scepter, necro all weapon skills really, revenant mace).

So as an enemy player, you’re supposed to take the slow conditions and cleanse the bursts. So basically, you should only clear confusion and burning. The bleedings and poison are only here to apply constant pressure between the bursts (the same way all AA usually do) and is not meant to be cleansed (except cleaning poison just before a heal of course).

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Sigil of generosity.

People will figure it out eventually.

They used to be useless but now that we have Condi’s stacking they will start to see more use.

You don’t understand the sigil.

Sigil of generosity: 60% chance to transfer 1 condition to an enemy on critical hit. NINE SECONDS COOLDOWN

Transferring 1 condition every 9 seconds does nothing. We are currently in a condi spam type meta and without multiple condi clears, you’ll be dead before the 9 second recharge.

The issue is 2 fold:
1. Stacked burning damage does way too much damage
2. Condi spike damage is WAY too high given that you get a defensive trait as well (vit or toughness).

generosity transfers the most damaging condition first, iirc.

That means youll push off the burning/bleeding first and then use your cclear on whatever is left. I dont think that’s a bad tradeoff.

unless im horribly wrong and its last in first out

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I disagree. I think the design is that all classes have SLOW conditions and BURSTY conditions. Mesmer: slow = torment, fast = confusion. Necromancer: slow=poison/bleeding, fast = terror/dhuumfire, revenant: slow=torment, fast=burning, ranger: slow=poison/bleeding, fast= burning, elementalist: slow=bleeding, fast=burning

All the “fast” conditions are on “burst” skills (scepter 3 and shatter for mesmer, fear for necro, mace 2 for revenant, torch for ranger) and the slow ones are the ones you have on AA (mesmer scepter, necro all weapon skills really, revenant mace).

So as an enemy player, you’re supposed to take the slow conditions and cleanse the bursts. So basically, you should only clear confusion and burning. The bleedings and poison are only here to apply constant pressure between the bursts (the same way all AA usually do) and is not meant to be cleansed (except cleaning poison just before a heal of course).

10/10

Very good explanation. That is why I’m not in favor of nerfing burns while buffing bleed and poison like a bunch of peeps have requested. Burning is fine as it is. Not having a cleanse is similar to not having a stun breaker when a stealth class is about to burst u down

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Most builds are not functional when stated for pure condition cleansing.
~ true story

Burning is widely recognized as broken by even top tier players, in it’s current state.
Stop arguing about it and start proposing ideas for balanced fixes.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Most builds are not functional when stated for pure condition cleansing.
~ true story

Burning is widely recognized as broken by even top tier players, in it’s current state.
Stop arguing about it and start proposing ideas for balanced fixes.

But the question is: is burning too strong or is it that some professions apply it too easily? I personally think the problem is more the latter. I think burning guard is very balanced, but D/D fire elementalist is not. I don’t think there is much to change about burning but simply tweaking the burning stacks or duration of a few skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

men wtf.. no problem with burn.. ok, but why 1 stack of bleeding is less problematic than one stack of burn??
are u serious??
THERE IS NO LITTERALY differences between burn and bleed, but burn is 3,5 times better!!
could u understand that has no reason to be like this.. right now is the only condi u have to stack to win.. what kind of mean has it??

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

pretty much sums up pvp.

Attachments:

elite specs ruined pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Proof that burning is fine & balance. Nuff said!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2gjsbkOnA4

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

I run condi removal. I don’t pass repeatedly through Ring of Fire.

Burning is still usually about 50-70% of the damage I take on a death recap. Maybe that doesn’t mean it’s overpowered, but as a relatively experienced player, it is the single greatest source of damage I receive every match.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

I said it before, burning needs to give diminished returns on higher burnstacks.

There may be some tweaking required to ensure the first burn in the stack is not holding back the others, but it could be a step in the right direction.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Proof that burning is fine & balance. Nuff said!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2gjsbkOnA4

That 57k tick I saw is only about 70% of the highest burn count…

It’s extremely hard to take this game serious with that.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Anet’s silence on this is disturbing, they admitted conditions were now doing too much damage over 2 months ago, and then did absolutely nothing about it.