Do you feel S3 is better than S2?

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I didn’t play at S2 so what’s your opinion about S3 compared to S2? Please do explain

in PvP

Posted by: infinitenoah.8296

infinitenoah.8296

Well in s2 everybody was playing necro, it wasn’t uncommon to encounter 3 or 4 necros on a team because the class was severely overpowered. Warrior was literally trash, having one on your team meant it was 5v4 because your average noob could easily take down a warrior of any skill level in seconds. Guardian was actually a decent class in S2 because True Shot could actually kill people and Dh was a hard counter to Reapers. Scrapper was very good as well because of slick shoes and healing turret spam combined with other shanadigans allowed Scrapper to sustain in 1v5 fights if he was good enough. Smokescale for Ranger was deadly and could bite your posterior right off of you if you weren’t careful. Revanant was good, thief was good, mesmar was really good as well along with the good ol Ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

yes, the meta is a lot healthier than season 2 due to removal of merc amulet and toning down condi mes/rev and necro chill damage as well as scrapper sustain.

the only thing that’s needed now is to remove some of these rampant passive cc/anti cc traits/runes, projectile hate and buff core guardian traits weapons a bit and the game will be in the best place its been in years, maybe ever.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I won’t comment on the balance, but matchmaking is better, in a terrible way.

It is much harder now (for me at least) to get out of tiers and divisions. The matchmaking seems to place you in good teams when you lost a few matches and on bad ones when you won a few, making the pips game a roller-coaster of emotions.
I think I’ve been 1 pip away from changing divisions about 10 times over the last week.
When I finally got it, I closed the game for the day with a great feeling of accomplishment, but kitten the way there was hard….

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Still too much spamming and too many cheesy builds but I guess that will never change, matchmaking is very bipolar this is why I prefer smaller scale PvP 2v2 and 3v3 easier to make a team with a better matchmaking let’s be honest this game has a very low population for 5v5 so matchmaking will never be perfect.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I wouldn’t say that it is better, but it is just as good as season 2, which was very fun in my opinion. I would like to know how people can actually notice changes in matchmaking, because I have noticed no difference between unranked, season 1, season 2 and season 3 -you win some, you lose some. No matchmaking system can really change that.

However, one massive positive in class balance is that warrior is viable again! I don’t even play warrior at the moment but it just makes me so happy to see warrior being played in both ranked and the pro league after being the worst class for 2 consecutive seasons. Another thing I like about balance is that mercenary amulet has been removed which quite significantly reduces the sustain of many condi classes, especially mesmer and makes the game more balanced.

I am playing both ranger and revenant this season which does sort of break my rule of playing a different class for every season, but I really enjoy both classes.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

yes, the meta is a lot healthier than season 2 due to removal of merc amulet and toning down condi mes/rev and necro chill damage as well as scrapper sustain.

the only thing that’s needed now is to remove some of these rampant passive cc/anti cc traits/runes, projectile hate and buff core guardian traits weapons a bit and the game will be in the best place its been in years, maybe ever.

Tone down necro, rev and mesmer and replace them with warrior, happy days

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Not really no. /15

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

It’s a bigger grind then both S1 and S2. Nothing more nothing less. Just endless grind.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in PvP

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

Yes.

(edited by pico.6402)

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Far worse q times…

No comment on the meta or anything else

(that’s t4/5 diamond, not even legend rip)

Attachments:

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i enjoyed season 2 ’s roulette match making, certainly enjoyed the 18 win streaks that i got on.

i do not enjoy season 3 ‘s 50/50 match making which is similar to season 1’s 50/50 match making, without the potential to earn extra pips.

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Well in s2 everybody was playing necro, it wasn’t uncommon to encounter 3 or 4 necros on a team because the class was severely overpowered. Warrior was literally trash, having one on your team meant it was 5v4 because your average noob could easily take down a warrior of any skill level in seconds. Guardian was actually a decent class in S2 because True Shot could actually kill people and Dh was a hard counter to Reapers. Scrapper was very good as well because of slick shoes and healing turret spam combined with other shanadigans allowed Scrapper to sustain in 1v5 fights if he was good enough. Smokescale for Ranger was deadly and could bite your posterior right off of you if you weren’t careful. Revanant was good, thief was good, mesmar was really good as well along with the good ol Ele.

Not true. Warrior was fine, it just needed a bit a of sustain. Only people who hang from the balls of metabattle thought they didn’t contribute to the team.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Meta is bit better. Matchmaking is terrible. Choosing between s2 and s3 MM is like choosing between horse crap and goat crap, at the end it is still crap. They took worst part of s1 and s2 and mixed them together for s3.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I think the class usefulness balance is better. The tweaking to my classes sustain means you have to build for it now if you want it which is good. Matchmaking wise, it seems somewhat improved to me. There are blow outs, but in general a lot more really good close games that I enjoy. In terms of progress, I think its happening slower, but I’ll take close matches over division rising.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Meta is decent infact I’d almost call it somewhat good. It needs build diveristy and minor adjustments.

The matchmaking is less agressive then season 2. the oveal team mmr difference is smaller.

It’s definately not terrible in my opinon. I’d call it meh. And rate it like an 6 out of 10. there is definately room for improvement.

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

The system actively discourages even teams by design. So no. Literally nothing competitive about the entire system atm.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

shion.2084

Your discounting scenarios like 5 person pre-mades? Why would those not be competitive against other 5 person pre-mades…. so maybe not “Literally nothing”

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

The MM system is slightly better, but not by much. It’s the lesser evil, really. The system still stacks better teams against lesser teams, but the MMR player gap is smaller, which makes it so the lesser team has a fighting chance. The league system, though, has worse problems.

PREMADES. Premades are just unfair, period. Also, premades constantly mess up the matchmaking systems that have been tried. One probably could argue that premades are a major source of the matchmaking problems. This is the same old problem with merged queues as always. Bring back solo q and team q!

NO DIVISION LOSS. In any competitive ladder, you gain and lose tiers and divisions. In leagues, your tiers and divisions are GUARANTEED. In amber, emerald, sapphire you dont lose tiers and divisions. In ruby, diamond, legend you don’t lose divisions, but you lose tiers. Now what happens? Since nobody loses divisions in ANY division, the players that constantly lose games will be stuck there in perpetuity and won’t get better, thus losing more games and making others quit, which affects matchmaking, etc. Those players need to drop down to lower divisions to help lower players and themselves advance.

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

in PvP

Posted by: Caosaur.3871

Caosaur.3871

Matchmaking is better, meta is ok. It’s still too condi focused, but I’ll take that over the snoozefest that was s1.
I do want to play something other than a healbot on my ele tbh. I know fresh air exists, but… nty.

Being a cancerous roamer on TC.

in PvP

shion.2084

Matchmaking is better, meta is ok. It’s still too condi focused, but I’ll take that over the snoozefest that was s1.
I do want to play something other than a healbot on my ele tbh. I know fresh air exists, but… nty.

Hey can your healbot spam CC? Theres a type of darn ele out there that really hoses my build over. I wondered if it has to be a FA to do it, or one of these http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_D/F_Stun-o-matic, Or whether your healbot can as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Caosaur.3871

Caosaur.3871

Hey can your healbot spam CC? Theres a type of darn ele out there that really hoses my build over. I wondered if it has to be a FA to do it, or one of these http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_D/F_Stun-o-matic, Or whether your healbot can as well.

I’ve played something similar to that in WvW while roaming, but never really thought of playing it in spvp lol. LR does some really good spike damage in wvw though mixed w/ air overload as a follow up.

I might have to give it a try though, meta healbot is incredibly boring to play atm.

Being a cancerous roamer on TC.

(edited by Caosaur.3871)

in PvP

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

I would like to see placement in the top 2 of points, win or lose, contribute toward advancement. Solo q’ing I cannot control the teams, but the need to streak and only to streak as the core advancement principle is madness. Make advancement based on a combination that somehow includes your personal contribution.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Too much AOE cc, too many AOE conditions, too many brainless invincible specs. Even thieves are invincible now, the only class that ever took actual skill to play.

Game is a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Too much AOE cc, too many AOE conditions, too many brainless invincible specs. Even thieves are invincible now, the only class that ever took actual skill to play.

Game is a joke.

Wrong, bad thieves don’t know positioning or try to 1v1 when they can’t. Or when to kite then 1v1. Bad thieves also don’t bring condi cleanse or try to +1 i team fights but really end up getting cc and condi bombed b/c of positioning. Or don’t read patch notes and still try to hs spam.

So still takes some skill. Still see lots of horrible thieves in game.

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Game is a joke.

Wrong, bad thieves don’t know positioning or try to 1v1 when they can’t. Or when to kite then 1v1. Bad thieves also don’t bring condi cleanse or try to +1 i team fights but really end up getting cc and condi bombed b/c of positioning. Or don’t read patch notes and still try to hs spam.

There is this dodge-spamming thief though. IMO they only need to learn rotation, in teamfight “dodge dodge vault vault dodge vault block block block”

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Game is a joke.

There is this dodge-spamming thief though. IMO they only need to learn rotation, in teamfight “dodge dodge vault vault dodge vault block block block”

Every pro thief i’ve talked to recommends dash over vault for the decapping. Though I do like vault too.

Also thieves are extremely vulnerable to conditions and its a condition meta. Even traited and utility slots its meh at best. Best hope is decent team and actually be able to +1