Do you guys agree? The most balanced era was.

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Personally the most balanced time the game was right before HoT expansion, or right before cele buff patch on 2014/april.

Do you agree with this?

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No. burn damage was broken at that time. Every meta has something that is broken. Just adapt.

in PvP

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Just before the HoT expansion was the best part, except for the excessive burn damage. That needed to be toned down – but besides that, yeah balance was good.

After HoT ANET just lost it completely and now looks more like they are actively trying to destroy their game (and doing a great job at that).

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Just before HoT was when 4 d/d ele comps were topping…

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Just before HoT was when 4 d/d ele comps were topping…

Nope just before HoT d/d cele ele got nerfed.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Trinram.3708

Trinram.3708

if you ask they should have just nerf everything else and leave warrior and thief the way it is. right now the core classes dont even have a chance i feel sorry for the free to play players that hops into pvp. and why did they remove ranked >.<

in PvP

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

I never seen a day where no one was complaining about no balance/class too OP/etc

I think the perfect balance will never happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

For me, it was 2015 after cele ele nerf and before June update.
Most balance and entertaining meta. The only aids spec back then was shoutbow warrior.
But even shoutbow warrior back then was way better than today’s aids.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Most balance and entertaining meta. The only aids spec back then was shoutbow warrior.

That meta was good, it wasn’t great but it was at least good.

Now the meta is power creep cancer.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Most balanced era was just before the Dhumbfire patch. Comps were pretty varied (stanard was main bunker, side bunker and 3 DPS, but 4 DPS was rising). Any build that was powerful in one role was usually mediocre to weak in others. Best of all, builds had somewhat defined roles, which made it easier to learn and watch.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Yeah I think this was the most balanced meta. All classes were viable to play when queuing and only ranger was not played in tournaments (and only one person on a top team played necro). But despite the lack of ranger and necro in tournaments, power ranger and power necro were frequently cried about on the forums along with the meta build for all the other classes. As annoying as dd ele and shoutbow were to fight in 1v1, they could be killed much more easily in team fights compared to the bunkers of the last meta.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

No. burn damage was broken at that time. Every meta has something that is broken. Just adapt.

Burn damage had been toned down on the relevant classes at that point.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

if you ask they should have just nerf everything else and leave warrior and thief the way it is. right now the core classes dont even have a chance i feel sorry for the free to play players that hops into pvp. and why did they remove ranked >.<

This. I’d actually delete all amulets EXCEPT for celestial, naturalize the base HP, then everything will be a matter of builds and skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

For me, spring / early summer of 2013 before the Dhuumfire patch was the most enjoyable period in terms of PvP balance. The sad part is that there was so much unexplored stuff that we never got to discover thanks to the madness that hit on June 25th.

I see the Dhuumfire patch as a watershed of sorts, after which ANet fully succumbed to the insanity of “buffing things to parity” and powercreep got completely out of control. RIP sanity.

The second-most enjoyable balance was around the Boston WTS. It was nowhere near as enjoyable, but it was playable.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

For me, spring / early summer of 2013 before the Dhuumfire patch was the most enjoyable period in terms of PvP balance. The sad part is that there was so much unexplored stuff that we never got to discover thanks to the madness that hit on June 25th.

I see the Dhuumfire patch as a watershed of sorts, after which ANet fully succumbed to the insanity of “buffing things to parity” and powercreep got completely out of control. RIP sanity.

The second-most enjoyable balance was around the Boston WTS. It was nowhere near as enjoyable, but it was playable.

Eh, Necromancers then were on the same level of todays warriors, they were pretty underpowered. It was fun but for necro mains it was rough.

Then Dhuumfire came in and screwed everyone.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Who cares. Don’t live In the past like the wow kiddies talkin about the best expansion. Just play with what you have at your disposal now and rock it.

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

Hammer mediguard meta was the best with panic strike 60206 thief

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Hammer mediguard meta was the best with panic strike 60206 thief

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Most balanced era was just before the Dhumbfire patch. Comps were pretty varied (stanard was main bunker, side bunker and 3 DPS, but 4 DPS was rising). Any build that was powerful in one role was usually mediocre to weak in others. Best of all, builds had somewhat defined roles, which made it easier to learn and watch.

This Meta was great. My best memories of Gw2 PvP.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Eh, Necromancers then were on the same level of todays warriors, they were pretty underpowered. It was fun but for necro mains it was rough.

Then Dhuumfire came in and screwed everyone.

Yeah, condi engi did everything a necro could do, only better with more condi variety, cleave and greater map presence through mobility. I alternated between Teldo’s nodefighter build and regular nade-bomb back then, and, honestly, engi should have been shaved and necro brought up slightly. But instead of shaving, they dropped the A-bomb with Dhuumfire.

I regret the meta crafting that we never got to do, because there was a lot that could have been discovered. As an example, engi pushing far could have maybe been countered by shatter Mesmers trying Lyssa and having the condi clear to reset the fight, which nobody had tried at that point (Lyssa became meta later). It’s little stuff like that I would have wanted to see.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

The most balanced patch was when they added new skills pre hot.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Hambow meta, best meta:
- Support Shout Guard
- Soldier HamBow Warrior
- Rabid P/S Engi
- Cleric Staff Ele
- Berserker D/P Thief
- Berserker Shatter Staff/GS Mesmer
- Rabid Spirit Ranger (or Settlers)
- Rabid Condi Necro