Dodge worthy skills

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Just wanted to get a list going with the skills that people consider to be the most important to dodge/block/interrupt(etc etc). This way new players, and even more experienced players, can focus on the most important animations to learn. I’ll update the list with the skills that most people agree on.

Thief:
-Basilisk Venom
-Backstab

Necromancer:
-Interrupt Signet of undead and Epidemic.

Mesmer:
-Moa
-Illusionary leap
-Interrupt Illusion of Life

Elementalist:
-Updraft
-Earthquake
-Fire Grab
-Interrupt Ether renewal

Warrior:
-Eviscerate
-Bullscharge

Guardian:
-Tome of courage->light of deliverance
-Banish

Engineer:
-Blowtorch
-Shrapnel grenade
-static shot
-Supply crate

Ranger:
-Entangle

(edited by ahuba.6430)

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Is Basilisk Venom dodge-worthy?
I mean, how can you dodge that skill?

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

ahuba.6430

Is Basilisk Venom dodge-worthy?
I mean, how can you dodge that skill?

you dodge whatever move the thief makes after casting it

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

sorrow.2364

you dodge whatever move the thief makes after casting it

Yeah, until you have finished the dodges and the thief finally manage to hit you and all your efforts into dodging the venom were vain.
It doesn’t look like a good tactic to me.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Posted by: Alustriel.6802

Alustriel.6802

You can block it, or put fear after it, or any other class mechanic that give u those few safe second after beeing hit by basilik. ( i.g just blind thief ).

@list
all heal spells, most of them are easy to recognize ( blue aura ).

also imo epidemic is not worth of interupting, its hard to see, its easy to counter by current meta, there are more important things to interupt. ( epidemic is 12-15 sec CD)

Entangle – ranger elite, is rly easy to see it ( he is jumping like a mad man ), so its easy to dodge and dodging it may safe u a lot of problem.

Supply Crate – its much more harder to see it but its possible

Tome of Courage – for some classes its hard to interupt ( it may require boon strip ) but its 4.25 s cast time so it shouldnt be problem

Zombie Addict – Necromancer

Might makes me Right!

(edited by Alustriel.6802)

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

You should kite the ranger pet in a circle so you won´t get hit ever .

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Alustriel.6802

You should kite the ranger pet in a circle so you won´t get hit ever .

I didnt see any1 talking about ranger pet here but kiteing pet in circle not always is the best idea, it depends whats ur position and if its worth to abadon it. ( thats just my oopinion ofc )

@list
Also its good to try interrupt Illusion of Life but its kind of hard to see it ( although cast time was increased few patches ago), its situational skill so u can see it coming in most cases.

Banish – 4th hammer Guardian skill, easy to see in 1vs1 and its main tool to debunker node.

Might makes me Right!

(edited by Alustriel.6802)

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

sorrow.2364

You can block it, or put fear after it, or any other class mechanic that give u those few safe second after beeing hit by basilik. ( i.g just blind thief ).

The point is, why do I even think to avoid any weapon hit which comes from the Thief after he has used Basilisk Venom? It is an incredible waste of endurance. Also if you succeed to dodge the first two attempt to trigger the venom, on the third you are going to eat it anyway. It is counter-productive to suggest to dodge Basilisk, it is way better to get hit from it and then use the stunbreaker.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Alustriel.6802

Dodge isnt only way to avoid it. IMO best is blind and if thief is smart( and he stoped attack ) u can just preepare to eat his combo ( basilik open it in most cases) by using ur blurred frenzy, casting flesh wurm or spectral walk or just hold ur finger on break stun button.

Might makes me Right!

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

How to dodge Moa when we are in a grp fight with all the clones and flashy effect going around? And for the Eles, you miss Chunning Earth (dodge by Blind them or at 2.5s after they cast)..Mesmer also has Temporal Curtain that pull pretty hard. Also, all the Phantasm also worth dodging as well in their initial attack (dodge when Mesmer cast Phatansm, not when they are appear already, you can negate 90% of the dams). For Engine Supply Crate, dodge by when you see Healing Turret is up, Fire turret will be drop 1s later which in turn will stun you, as soon as u see Healing Turret, dodge,kind of hard since the time is so fast but you can do it.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Alustriel.6802

@Stealth.9324
Some nice tips at Supply Crate topic.

Moa Morph is hard to dodge in 1vs1 cause it animation is kittening pink as any other mesmer skill also it can be casted in stealth. If some1 is dodging it at teamfight on purpose then /bow for him.

Might makes me Right!

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

ahuba.6430

The point is, why do I even think to avoid any weapon hit which comes from the Thief after he has used Basilisk Venom? It is an incredible waste of endurance. Also if you succeed to dodge the first two attempt to trigger the venom, on the third you are going to eat it anyway. It is counter-productive to suggest to dodge Basilisk, it is way better to get hit from it and then use the stunbreaker.

i’m pretty basilisk is just one strike

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Stealth.9324

@Stealth.9324
Some nice tips at Supply Crate topic.

Moa Morph is hard to dodge in 1vs1 cause it animation is kittening pink as any other mesmer skill also it can be casted in stealth. If some1 is dodging it at teamfight on purpose then /bow for him.

Before, you can dodge Moa due to its drawback for being Immobilize while casting. So when you see a Mesmer sudden stand still with his hand raise up, then you know that Moa is coming. But after the patch, they make MOA can be catsed while Moving make it impossible to detect and dodge..

The point is when a Thief Basilik Venom you and you being stoned, expect BS follow up next. And if that thief is a DPS thief, most likely all the time, then that BS will put you on at least 50% health. A few extra auto attack and HS, HS,HS, you will see yourself down on the ground in no time. Ask a thief friend and try it out to confirm my statement.

Maybe ahuba, you should also put a way to counter them as well, not just by dodging. I am sure many players here can tell you how to dodge them effectively and you can include it on the topic as well.

(edited by Stealth.9324)

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

ahuba.6430

to deal with moa people should start getting used to write down in chat cd on important skills so your team can know when the mesmer will have it up. If you can know the mesmer has no moa, you’re fine, if you know he has moa available you just try to guess the timing. but in most games you never know when he has the skill available.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Stealth.9324

While ur suggestion is good but in an fast paced game like Gw2 and in tPvP, it is impposible to write it down in chat. Plus worry too much about Moa, like remember who has been used it, who is not, what is the CD, etc… reduces the effectiveness of the team more than 50% and exhaust their mind.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

ahuba.6430

The point is when a Thief Basilik Venom you and you being stoned, expect BS follow up next. And if that thief is a DPS thief, most likely all the time, then that BS will put you on at least 50% health. A few extra auto attack and HS, HS,HS, you will see yourself down on the ground in no time. Ask a thief friend and try it out to confirm my statement.

Maybe ahuba, you should also put a way to counter them as well, not just by dodging. I am sure many players here can tell you how to dodge them effectively and you can include it on the topic as well.

And isnt that exactly why you should dodge it?

There are different ways for different classes to counter different moves, i just wanted to make a short list of important animations to learn :d

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Stealth.9324

And isnt that exactly why you should dodge it?

There are different ways for different classes to counter different moves, i just wanted to make a short list of important animations to learn :d

I did not suggest you what skill you need to use for each certain class to get the counter.That would be way too complicated. What I mean is for example, with CE from Eles, you can either Blind them, Interupt them or Dodge them. And let the player himself find the way to apply these methods in tPvP.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Yeah, it is.
To be more precise, it is just one hit.
That means that if the strike misses, the venom effect is still there.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

ahuba.6430

While ur suggestion is good but in an fast paced game like Gw2 and in tPvP, it is impposible to write it down in chat. Plus worry too much about Moa, like remember who has been used it, who is not, what is the CD, etc… reduces the effectiveness of the team more than 50% and exhaust their mind.

you dont need to right it down immediatly, you see the moa come off (say at 14:33) and after you beat/loose to the mesmer you simply write in chat “moa 11:33”. how is it exhausting? its part of getting good on a game knowing different skill’s cds, and knowing and communicating this stuff with your team will only increase effectiveness, why would it decrease it? And if its written in chat you dont even need to remember it.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Stealth.9324

First, to duel with a Mesmer is already exhausted with distinguish bw Clones and Trueself while Evading all his Crazy Auto-Pilot Phatasm and his Shatter every 10s plus his Blurred Frenzy coming in any 8s. While it is true with just one mesmer,how about when a team got 2 Mesmer? Or even 3? .Things start to get ugly are they not?And these team is not rare to come across if u tPvP a lot

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

ahuba.6430

Yeah, it is.

“The number of uses on this skill’s effect will decrease if the attack is negated by Blind, Block, Evade, Obstructed, or Invulnerable.”http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Basilisk_Venom

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Yeah, it is.

“The number of uses on this skill’s effect will decrease if the attack is negated by Blind, Block, Evade, Obstructed, or Invulnerable.”http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Basilisk_Venom

I think he mean Miss as in the Attack did not connect (either by attacking out of range or Evaded). For all those attack negated like u list, it counted as connected. I am pretty sure with Evade thing and Onstruct (tested), not sure why Wiki List it though. Have not tried Invulnerable yey, gotta try out later.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Yeah, it is.

That was my fault then.
I thought that venoms still have their effects after the attack misses, it happened to me sometimes.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Alustriel.6802

Yeah, it is.

I may be wrong but I was preety sure that when it “miss” it disappear, but like I said I’m not sure about this.

Might makes me Right!

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

ahuba.6430

Yeah, it is.

That was my fault then.
I thought that venoms still have their effects after the attack misses, it happened to me sometimes.

i think its only our of range casts. and even that should waste the charge imo.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Yeah, it is.

That was my fault then.

If the attack miss because it is out of range or being evaded, I believe the poison still remains. I am already tested this with my friend, so I could strongly confirm this. But if the attack miss because of Blind, Invulnerable, it counted akitten, just no Dams. Therefore the Poison is used.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

ahuba.6430

Yeah, it is.

That was my fault then.

If the attack miss because it is out of range or being evaded, I believe the poison still remains. I am already tested this with my friend, so I could strongly confirm this. But if the attack miss because of Blind, Invulnerable, it counted akitten, just no Dams. Therefore the Poison is used.

if it doesnt waste with a dodge then its bugged

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

avoid mindwreck
interrupt/blind/avoid phantasm summoning spells in general
avoid illusionary leap

avoid dragons tooth
avoid melee range when ele applies shocking aura
avoid burning speed
avoid rtl (usually leads to updraft and if it misses ele cant run)
avoid firey greatsword whirl and rush

avoid heartseeker at low health
avoid cloak and dagger
avoid infil strike
avoid L strike
avoid? steal

avoid sleathed jaguar/ popped signet of wild/hunt and sick em.
avoid traps

avoid magnet
avoid bombs

avoid bolas
avoid arcing arrow
avoid combustive shot
avoid kill shot
kite when utilizing frenzy

avoid marks
avoid deathshroud 4
avoid lich form autoattack
kite plague form
avoid dark pact
avoid wells
avoid flesh golem charge

Off the top of the head too lazy to continue

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Ele’s churning earth
Warrior’s Earthshaker, 100b, and kill shot
Of course these also have obvious animations and are easy to dodge

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

good idea!

well, maybe some more from my side for rangers
but only the huge dmg ones

rangers:
+ throwing torch = much burning dmg
+ the pets
raven animation is rly hard to see
river drake f2 is good to see
wolf fear is good to see
jaguar going stealth hard to see

atm not so important, because not much at tournament
+ throwing trapps, u can see it = also much dmg and dodgeable but not much trappers at tournament atm

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Engineer
(Rifle)
1.Jump Shot

(Pistol OH)
1.Blowtorch

(Shield)
1.Static Shield / Throw Shield

(Bomb Kit)
1. Big Ol’ Bomb
2.Concussion Bomb

(Grenade Kit)
1.Shrapnel Grenade
2.Freeze Grenade
3. Barrage

(Tool Kit)
1.Pry Bar
2. Magnet

(Elites)
1.Supply Crate

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Dodge worthy skills

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Raven’s Crit, yeah… Oh no, I am dead by a PET >-<….. I have no idea how to see that coming..