Does duo queue get worst in game?

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

I’ve been duo queueing with a friend and we’ve been reliably getting teams that are completely terrible, does duo queue then automatically give you the worst players available or something?

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Oh no. In the long run, you’ll get better teams and more wins if you duo, especially if your friend is skilled. When you duo, you override the matchmaking system when you queue with a friend.

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’ve been duo queueing with a friend and we’ve been reliably getting teams that are completely terrible, does duo queue then automatically give you the worst players available or something?

Nope. The game system uses the MMR of you two the same as it does the rest of the players to find a matchup that it believes is comprised of ten players of approximately equal skill.

For a duo queue that means, to some degree, that it accepts a greater degree of error for you two than it would for a solo queue player, if your MMRs are vastly different. That’s mandatory to put you in the same match – someone is gonna be mismatched somewhat.

…but, really, if you are being placed only with terrible players the horrible truth is that … your skill level is comparable to theirs. Sorry.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

From previous seasons the MM will boost your effective MMR for each member in the party so if you are duo with 3 solos and enemy team is all solo their real average MMR will be higher than your teams real average MMR because the MM believes (rightly so that teams are more effective)

Also stacking classes also increases your effective MMR for match making purposes. So never Q as double DH or War or whatever. You can always switch after you enter map.

This may have changed in Season 5 but I recall reading that this is how it worked in prev seasons.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "