Does improved matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

…actually means that if you go solo you’re supposed to carry a team that leaves you 1v3 mid cause they just doing chief (Also getting it stolen) instead of coming in teamfight? (Getting there when you’re already dead and being rekt hard righ after ofc)
Or getting 2 thieves in team and looking at them getting owned by one (Yes just ONE) shatter mesmer on far? (And after asking one of them if he’s running panic strike at least, being aswered with “Panic strike is for noobs”)

Just curious….

Give us /resign….or get a clue and rework this kittened system already

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

No, instead the improved match making hurts your rating less if you get stuck on a low MMR team and lose significantly. Where as before in the old system, if you lost you would lost significant rating and drop more on the leaderboards, regardless if you where 30 points from winning or lost by 400.. The loss was the same.

The new system is more intelligent and adjusts rating loses depending on how much you lost by or if you have low MMR players in your team.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

No, instead the improved match making hurts your rating less if you get stuck on a low MMR team and lose significantly. Where as before in the old system, if you lost you would lost significant rating and drop more on the leaderboards, regardless if you where 30 points from winning or lost by 400.. The loss was the same.

The new system is more intelligent and adjusts rating loses depending on how much you lost by or if you have low MMR players in your team.

So even if i don’t lose points (I don’t know and i don’t really care since ladder is gonna be farm based and not skill based anyway) how am i supposed to have fun playing in some teams that look worse than hotjoin? Last night got matched vs tage rom and hiba trioq while soloqing and my team composed by totally unknowns who were failing to kill tage 3v1 on close (And he was running offguard not even bunker) while being 1v3 mid kiting everywhere like a mad kitten waiting for a backup that never came…and all of this after waiting 13 mins for qpop

Is this supposed to be fun? Looks like you should go full rooster 500-0ing everything or nothing…rather play farmville than watching 2 thieves getting rekt by one shatter mesmer while you tryharding 1v2 on close all time…or 3 ppl chasing tage around altar while not even one of them standing on kittening point and capping it (Let alone wasting time in 3v1 and failing)

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Chase.8415

So even if i don’t lose points (I don’t know and i don’t really care since ladder is gonna be farm based and not skill based anyway) how am i supposed to have fun playing in some teams that look worse than hotjoin? Last night got matched vs tage rom and hiba trioq while soloqing and my team composed by totally unknowns who were failing to kill tage 3v1 on close (And he was running offguard not even bunker) while being 1v3 mid kiting everywhere like a mad kitten waiting for a backup that never came…and all of this after waiting 13 mins for qpop

Is this supposed to be fun? Looks like you should go full rooster 500-0ing everything or nothing…rather play farmville than watching 2 thieves getting rekt by one shatter mesmer while you tryharding 1v2 on close all time…or 3 ppl chasing tage around altar while not even one of them standing on kittening point and capping it (Let alone wasting time in 3v1 and failing)

The new system makes it less likely for things to happen, but nothing will ever be perfect. You can make a difference in your own rating, many others have got high MMR in solo queue with no issues. no matter what they implement not everyone is going to be satisfied. If you want full control of your team please queue as a team.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

The new system makes it less likely for things to happen, but nothing will ever be perfect. You can make a difference in your own rating, many others have got high MMR in solo queue with no issues. no matter what they implement not everyone is going to be satisfied. If you want full control of your team please queue as a team.

As i said going full rooster and 500-0 everything is the only option then….still not so fun but still better than trying to carry hopeless randoms i guess

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Chase.8415

As i said going full rooster and 500-0 everything is the only option then….still not so fun but still better than trying to carry hopeless randoms i guess

Evidently you’re not carrying them if they ended up losing anyway.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

How can you carry 2 thieves dieing to one shatter mesmer? Or 3 ppl going for chief, getting it stolen and being rekt one minute after while you are 1v3 mid? Or a team of pvers running around all map trying to get tage while you are alone mid vs rom, hiba and another nade engi? Please tell me you great pvp master…i bet you’re so good you can solo CM while your mates looking at rainbows and carry them all, teach me how to do it please

Top 500 lol….enlighten me

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Chase.8415

How can you carry 2 thieves dieing to one shatter mesmer? Or 3 ppl going for chief, getting it stolen and being rekt one minute after while you are 1v3 mid? Or a team of pvers running around all map trying to get tage while you are alone mid vs rom, hiba and another nade engi? Please tell me you great pvp master…i bet you’re so good you can solo CM while your mates looking at rainbows and carry them all, teach me how to do it please

I have that on every class on the game, not just one like most.

I was able to do it by myself and get back in the top 1000 with no issues, sorry to see you cannot do the same.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

The new matchmaking tries to keep you at a 50% win/loss ratio so will sometimes stack you against a premade or hopelessly outmatch your team (the kind where your allies are sporting dungeon master titles—and your opponents are all legendary champs). So expect to loose about half the time, even if you are amazing.

However, do your best to squeeze out as many points as you can. I got stacked against a top tier premade the other day and managed to squeeze out 35pts. Didn’t hurt rating at all. Just do your best when stacked against legendary teams. It’s a great way to practice against pros without worrying about getting penalized. Set your goal to be highest score bearer on your team or try to get 100 pts. Don’t get discouraged and give up…. Scoring 0 might hurt your rating and MMR.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Compare Chase’s answer and Archon’s answer.

Chase, take notes on how to be kinder and less ego-driven. You sound like a kid, to be honest.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Archaon.9524

I have that on every class on the game, not just one like most.

I was able to do it by myself and get back in the top 1000 with no issues, sorry to see you cannot do the same.

maybe because i’m mainly going unranked to keep mmr as low as possible….i don’t even want to try explaining you why. and btw i used to sit in top 100 with first account and on 200 with other 2 on old ladder (Most times not even playing in stable teams) so gratz you back in “top 1000” don’t worry, if you’re eu we probably gonna meet each other when we’ll start going serious after 16 dec reset…and we’ll see what can you do by yourself then ^^

Ok back to the real stuff…

I still dunno how am i supposed to carry 4 randoms not even going for point vs tage rom hiba and other two not so bad guys…apparently anet thinks it’s possible…

justin can you explain me what am i supposed to do in those situations? I actually don’t care about ladder and points since it’s broken as kitten and gonna last 5 days…but getting rekt without being able to do nothing is NOT fun…no matter ladder points and stuff, looks like going full premade is the only option here…even if is not really dat fun too cause you pretty much 500 – 0 everyone…when going full rooster we actually have ppl getting on facebook and youtube half match cause you don’t even need to try in order to win most of those games…you can lord rush with 5 ppl at start and then go back and tricap them….not joking, and then if you join solo you get teamates straight out from dungeons and wvsw vs premades and stuff, this matchmaking is not broken…is way worse than simply broken

Btw if ladder system is gonna be the same many more are gonna quit this game, was already talking with leman tonight about teams and stuff after patch but he’s right saying that like this there’s really no point on playing expec if you can’t play that much…matchmaking is totally wrong and ladder is even worse, hope for fixes or this is gonna be the last breath of gw2’s pvp…the last drop into the casual friendly bs glass

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: vashio.6297

vashio.6297

Archaon.9524:

I understand where he is coming from. Having teamQ and soloQ in the same matchmaking(especially for a ranked system) is just a dumb idea from the start because it seems to happen more often then not you get teamed up with premades. Not only that Every single match is usually very one sided now. I can’t even enjoy myself playing soloQ anymore maybe i just get so unlucky to get very low end players on my team time and time again.

I enjoyed the old matchmaking system even though i had to wait 5-15minutes because each match was always very balanced and fun to play(All 10 people knew how to play their class and make rotations). Oh also a note it seems like climbing this leaderboard does ABSOLUTELY nothing in helping to pair you up with more skilled players.

I tried to enjoy this new system but at this point i really dislike it for soloQ. TeamQ its basically just the same but now premades have an ever easier time stomping even more soloQ players then before.

I hope Arenanet sees that teamQ and soloQ can’t be in the same matchmaking system it just can cause to much frustration on the players by adding more RNG to the mix.

in PvP

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

This matchmaking feels like it was designed to feed Solo Q’rs to the Team Q’rs Q. I play at odd hours 2-6 am NA timezone. Where Q’s were always slow cause of a lack of players. Now every match is Solo Q vs Premade during off hour play. Players that solo Q are sick of it, seen more unpunished rage quitting cause the players are not AFKing they are just refusing to feed the lopsided Landslides, so these players that rage quit keep queing up with no punishment, and matches stay lopsided as the solo q’s always have rage quitters who won’t contribute to the match.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524:

I understand where he is coming from. Having teamQ and soloQ in the same matchmaking(especially for a ranked system) is just a dumb idea from the start because it seems to happen more often then not you get teamed up with premades. Not only that Every single match is usually very one sided now. I can’t even enjoy myself playing soloQ anymore maybe i just get so unlucky to get very low end players on my team time and time again.

I enjoyed the old matchmaking system even though i had to wait 5-15minutes because each match was always very balanced and fun to play(All 10 people knew how to play their class and make rotations). Oh also a note it seems like climbing this leaderboard does ABSOLUTELY nothing in helping to pair you up with more skilled players.

I tried to enjoy this new system but at this point i really dislike it for soloQ. TeamQ its basically just the same but now premades have an ever easier time stomping even more soloQ players then before.

I hope Arenanet sees that teamQ and soloQ can’t be in the same matchmaking system it just can cause to much frustration on the players by adding more RNG to the mix.

Well you’re not gonna wait any less with new system anyway…10 mins que are pretty normal during non-prime times…i actually had dat match vs rom tage and hiba vs me+randoms after more than 15 mins que…i mean, i waited 15 freaking minutes in order to get….that…

Is this system actually made to force ppl quit this game? Because it’s how it feels right now

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)