Does loss due to quitter cost?

in PvP

Posted by: MercWatcher.1397

MercWatcher.1397

Q:

If some elitist jerk quits your team and you lose, do you get penalized the same as if you had lost without him quitting or does the system take that into account and cushion the loss due to it being out of your control because someone decided to be vindictive?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

A:

The above responses are correct, but it is worth mentioning we internally record the loss as a forfeit instead of a defeat. The leaderboards combine these numbers, but we could have UI later than distinguishes between the two.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Not to mention countless time a dc happens, like in my case this morning. No one’s at fault, but a dc is a dc.

in PvP

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

I’m pretty sure you don’t lose any points if your match ends and you lose with only 4 on your team. I do think that on the leaderboards it still counts as a loss in your “Losses” column, and it really shouldn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Puppet.8139

Puppet.8139

If he is in your ‘party’ you loose full points. If he is not, you do not loose any. The loss will show on the leader boards but you will not loose rank points (only your W/L ratio will go down).

in PvP

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

That would be nice Evan because some of us care about our win/loss ratio too, not just points/spot on the leaderboard. I don’t think a loss when you only have 4 people (as a solo player) should show up in your loss column when realistically you had no chance of winning.

in PvP

Posted by: MercWatcher.1397

MercWatcher.1397

Good to know. That sounds a lot more fair given that it’s not fair for that one person to potentially ruin everyone’s point score by being a kitten, though I do agree that W/L shouldn’t be affected either and hope that is taken into consideration in the future.

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Dear Anet, you should finally penalize quitting from matches. In ranked and unranked. If someone quits, ban him from spvp for an hour, if he quits another match within a day, ban him from spvp for a day, if he quits a third match in a week, ban him for a week.

There are no legitimate reasons to quit a match which happen twice in a normal gamers life.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in PvP

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

That would be nice Evan because some of us care about our win/loss ratio too, not just points/spot on the leaderboard. I don’t think a loss when you only have 4 people (as a solo player) should show up in your loss column when realistically you had no chance of winning.

this isn’t true at all. it is absolutely possible to win a 4v5. of course it’s more difficult, but there isn’t “no chance” of winning one.

Incursiƶn [iN]

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Dear Anet, you should finally penalize quitting from matches. In ranked and unranked. If someone quits, ban him from spvp for an hour, if he quits another match within a day, ban him from spvp for a day, if he quits a third match in a week, ban him for a week.

There are no legitimate reasons to quit a match which happen twice in a normal gamers life.

And what if player disconnect and come back in one minute? One day I dced and game loading time for some reasons took like 5 minutes, it was 50-200 and we won after I joined game. Did I deserve a penalty?

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.