Does score influence your rating?

in PvP

Posted by: jimmyimo.2089

jimmyimo.2089

Q:

I’m wondering whether the score of the game influences your rating because if so it might motivate people to play even if they are losing. Less QQ more pew pew.

(edited by jimmyimo.2089)

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

This would be cool, if the way score is given would be changed. As score doesn´t hit glory/rank gain anymore I´d say 30 points for a cap, 5 for a kill and 5 for assist.
Aditionally score should tick if you stand on a point alive with the point capped.

This way bunkers would gain score too.
The score would reflect the game more (cap>kill)
Noobs would actually try to play the game right to get large numbers.

Maybe to make it more amazing you could buff those scores 10x so the numbers are larger and people freak out when they see a 300 when they cap something.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Mmh. I do not think this has any influence on your rating. Also at least in soloque it would be unfair for those who end up with a useless team/those who carry on with 4 afks in base.
Maybe there should be a boost for close matches (loosing team score >400/450)

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

This would be cool, if the way score is given would be changed. As score doesn´t hit glory/rank gain anymore I´d say 30 points for a cap, 5 for a kill and 5 for assist.
Aditionally score should tick if you stand on a point alive with the point capped.

This way bunkers would gain score too.
The score would reflect the game more (cap>kill)
Noobs would actually try to play the game right to get large numbers.

Maybe to make it more amazing you could buff those scores 10x so the numbers are larger and people freak out when they see a 300 when they cap something.

I agree completely.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

This would not be a good idea because of the fact that there would be people who do not cap any bases but instead farm kills for the best points; or they would cap a base but not defend it and come back later.

This causes an issue because the whole point of the glory point rewards being redesigned was the fact that defenders in particular did not get the best glory amount, and it encourages team play rather than aiming for the highest points for personal glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Evza.4931

Evza.4931

Score ingame is pretty irrelevent to how well or poorly you played.
For example if you went bunker guardian and never lost your base because you were that good, then you would get less points because you never had to recap it.
It would make players want to all cap the same base instead of moving out.

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

It works like this in WvW and it hasn’t really had the desired outcome. The losing servers have mostly shut it down by midweek. By that point, most of their activity is from diehards who only care about fights and alts running in the karma train to level up.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet