Don't Reverse the Upcoming Nerfs

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I believe in you ANet. I’m so happy cele is being removed. I can’t wait to play in the next meta. I strongly believe people are overreacting about possibly being insta-killed. Some players are just to used to certain amulets being their crutch. I welcome the new era of low defence, high offence.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I welcome the new era of higher offense too. I was a long time critic of the extreme bunkers. However, I’m also a critic of the extreme burst. Neither of them are fun to play against.

What ANet needs is a reminder that we don’t want the insta-death meta either.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

There’s still plenty of tanky amulets left, it will be fine. At least running a burst spec you won’t be killed by a bunker now with silly levels of damage, defends and healing. They will be able to take a hit but not give one back, hopefully anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Yeah can’t wait too! \ o /

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Amulet changes are fine exept i have concerns with Mercenary being to good for some classes. I am not fine that ele class seems dumped.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i wouldn’t mind the removal of celestial if they actually fixed the classes that are only viable on celestial.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I welcome the new era of higher offense too. I was a long time critic of the extreme bunkers. However, I’m also a critic of the extreme burst. Neither of them are fun to play against.

As if people didnt cry about high offense meta? remember the trait revamp update in 2015 before HOT release?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

As if people didnt cry about high offense meta? remember the trait revamp update in 2015 before HOT release?

Well, that’s the issue, again. Neither of these are balanced. Having either bunker meta or burst meta is just not right. You should have meta where there are different roles, not one way or another.

I wouldn’t mind the nerfs if actually everything got nerfed to the level of warrior, including damage. Fact is everything is too strong and there’s too much power creep. Nerfing only some classes and leaving others untouched will only lead to another broken meta, it’s simple as that.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Celestial is a garbage amulet that is way over-represented in the current meta. Thats all we really need to know that it’s op the sheer number of meta builds that use it. If the classes that used this need some kind of compensation or other amulet fine. But this thing needs to go. Unfortunately a certain group of “pro” players that run a comp that uses this amulet on just about everyone is almost certainly running a propaganda campaign behind the scenes to save it. If A-net sticks to there guns it will change my opinion of theres a lot for the better.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Celestial is a garbage amulet that is way over-represented in the current meta. Thats all we really need to know that it’s op the sheer number of meta builds that use it. If the classes that used this need some kind of compensation or other amulet fine. But this thing needs to go. Unfortunately a certain group of “pro” players that run a comp that uses this amulet on just about everyone is almost certainly running a propaganda campaign behind the scenes to save it. If A-net sticks to there guns it will change my opinion of theres a lot for the better.

Overrepresented? Please, explain how.

Mesmer – sentinel, no cele
Engi – marauder, no cele
Revenant – marauder/zerker, no cele
Druid – cele
Ele – cele
necro – carrion, possibly cele, viper?? lots of stuff
Thief – marauder/zerker
Warrior – dead

Last proleague:
4 games – tcg vs vm, orng vs 55
No elementalist
One person with cele – druid
4 mesmers – 4 sentinels
4 revenants – mostly viper
1 scrapper – marauder

Please, explain how this meta is the celestial amulet’s fault. There are two classes who runs the amulet exclusively, which is druid and elementalist. These classes are barely used in tournaments and somehow they’re responsible for the meta? Or maybe, I don’t know, it’s because of the fact everything got buffed to the point it’s breaking the game?

in PvP

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Anet’s obsession on balancing the game in all 3 game modes is what’s creating all the imbalance. PvP and PvE should be 2 completely different aspects of the game.

For example thief did not need a damage buff in PvP. They boosted AAs because thief was dead weight for raids. Along with the bunker nerf across the board, it may even result to the old situation where thief was shutting down every other zerker class just by being a thief. Another example is rev hammer #2. It did not need a nerf in PvP yet they are nerfing it because of WvW. Same goes for Well of precognition. It was too OP in cases like VG green circle, and they are destroying it in PvP for no reason…

I could go all day about PvP vs PvE balance… I just don’t care anymore…

They are not balancing anything. They are just creating FotM builds untill they nerf them to the ground next update where another FotM build will rise.

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

i wouldn’t mind the removal of celestial if they actually fixed the classes that are only viable on celestial.

Exactly my opinion.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Exactly my opinion.

Then it is a good thing they removed celestial, if it really was the only thing holding those whole professions together in the competitive scene, then removing it will give them a better look at the strengths and weaknesses of those professions in a real competition, rather than guessing what the problem is and balancing around that one amulet.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

People maining a class for a long time usually know this already ….