Don't allow players to change class

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

When your waiting for the match to being, you should not be allowed to see what the enemy teams composition is and then change your class accordingly, its completely unfair and gives a distinct advantage to those who have every class ready to go at the click of a button.

its also completely counter to esports, imagine if in league of legends i saw the entire enemy team and then said oh well i guess ill play this character now. ridiculous.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

What if you have 5 of one class of your team? Should they not be allowed to swap classes?

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

What they really need to change is class changing MID GAME. Had a player on enemy team start as warrior then mid game swap to revenant, and then the last 30 secs when it was clear they won swapped back to warrior
This is NOT ok, can esl teams change comp mid game? No they cant, so i shouldnt be subject to such bullkitten in RANKED matches.

The individual player who switches takes a hit but that doesnt matter if you just double or triple que and just alternate swappers

in PvP

Posted by: Karma.3064

Karma.3064

What they really need to change is class changing MID GAME. Had a player on enemy team start as warrior then mid game swap to revenant, and then the last 30 secs when it was clear they won swapped back to warrior
This is NOT ok, can esl teams change comp mid game? No they cant, so i shouldnt be subject to such bullkitten in RANKED matches.

The individual player who switches takes a hit but that doesnt matter if you just double or triple que and just alternate swappers

Can they not? I seem to remember a match a while back where they swapped in the middle of the game. Though i they may have just swapped at the start.

There are so many filters that need to be added to pvp. As one of the above posters mentioned, 5 of the same class should never be a thing. There should be a filter to stop that from happening so that you aren’t forced to change. 2 of any class at the most on a team.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

You can’t swap during a ranked match.

The only way not allowing people to swap professions during the prep stage is to not allow class stacking.

in PvP

Kayberz.5346

You can’t swap during a ranked match.

The only way not allowing people to swap professions during the prep stage is to not allow class stacking.

It USED to auto swap you back if you tried to swap mid game, obviously anet broke something because i clear as day saw it done

I even mentioned it after the match ended and the player replied with a winky face.

in PvP

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

If you want to compare this to League of Legends, fine, but you can really only compare it to blind pick.

The key thing league of legends does is that it throws your team together to plan out who is playing what. All while you can’t see the enemy team.

So if anything, we shouldn’t disable class switching. We should lock teams into their bases and hide profession icons on the scoreboard until the match starts. This allows your team to not have 5 thieves on your team, and also limits the other team from easily hard countering your team.

in PvP

Posted by: Inshi.6970

Inshi.6970

Right now its the change countering game whoever can do it faster or who will get stuck when the time runs up.

To make it “fair” (yes, I quote fair because there always will be a different opinion on fair and you cant please everyone at once), we should have 3 phases instead of 2 as we have now. I would propose something like that:

Phase 1 (45sec time):
Blind pick. We can see our team composition but can’t see enemy classes. At this time we can freely change classes to build a team of whatever we want.

Phase 2 (45sec):
We are now locked with our previously picked/changed classes. We can see enemy team. Its simply the time to change our build, skills, traits, weapons, whatever.

Phase 3 (10sec):
Just like now, countdown before the game starts.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I thought swapping mid game gives dishonor?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Kayberz.5346

I thought swapping mid game gives dishonor?

It does, but getting 30-60 mins of dishonor PERSONALLY to ensure your whole team wins isnt a big deal if you have patience or it is the last game of the night for you.

People will spend just as much time trying to queue dodge people

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I thought they removed dishonor from mid-match swapping. I’ve seen Chaith swap on his stream a dozen times to get his profession achievements. And I don’t blame him, if you’re not already good enough at professions to multi-class, ranked isn’t really the place to be learning.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

When your waiting for the match to being, you should not be allowed to see what the enemy teams composition is and then change your class accordingly, its completely unfair and gives a distinct advantage to those who have every class ready to go at the click of a button.

its also completely counter to esports, imagine if in league of legends i saw the entire enemy team and then said oh well i guess ill play this character now. ridiculous.

This is such #esports. Random 5 necro soloq team. Don’t let them change class!

Attachments:

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)