Don't be a heckler when you dunk people

in PvP

Posted by: Zipzo.6753

Zipzo.6753

I just wanted to post a short PSA for all those PvP heads out there…

Don’t be a jerk when you dunk people. Yes, you might have come back from a disadvantage to still beat them, and yes, you might feel inclined to relish in their embarrassment or tease them for not being as good as you while you’re slamming a flag down in to their chest (as if that weren’t punishment enough), but I’m getting tired of seeing people yap rudely at people they are finishing as if anything needed to be said. Just play the game.

You finish them. They rez, you can go kill them again. No need to be a jerk. Has this happened even to me on occasion? Sure. Everyone gets killed, and sometimes even in an embarrassing way. Nobody who has played PvP in this game has never died, so stop making a big deal out of it and stirring kitten by being a jerk. Karma will come around and those you’ve been rude to will be jiving at you on the ground eventually, and you’ll feel stupid for having acted so tough.

(edited by Zipzo.6753)

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Sometimes people do deserve to be made fun of when beaten, immagine a situation where you get chased for 5 mins by a 5 man team and then you ’re able to kill that lone baddie who has kept chasing you even after the rest of the gank team left.

Sorry can’t help but mock those nab chasers who think an ele is a free kill…well ele is not a free kill at all..when you’re on your own isn’t it?!

in PvP

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Karma comes around almost neigh instantaneously.
Unless you secretly adore the process of autobalancing and delight in scattered prey, it’s actually really hard to be a prick in hotjoin. I’m kind of wondering how many people complaining about quitters are just social inepts who don’t quite get the whole ‘my actions have consequences’ thing yet.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

People need to stop giving so many kitten. Lol I wonder what that sentence will look like when put through the kitten filter.

in PvP

Posted by: Mandra Madador.1709

Mandra Madador.1709

I think this is the nature of pvp gaming overall.

Sadism and cruelty always exist with violence.
It doesn’t matter if it was intended or accidental.
In death be it real or simulated, there is no dignity.

in PvP

Posted by: MaxChaos.3825

MaxChaos.3825

Well… when I win my 1v1 with more than 90% hp left, I do say “easy” when I stomp. I guess I am a jerk

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

Pre-Heartseeker nerf, I was guilty of typing “lol thef” when I’d 1v1 and destroy a 2-spamming thief.

I realized it was a bad idea, though, after playing a game that had at least 4 thieves (not uncommon then, or now), stomping at least 2-3 of them in separate fights, typing “lol thef,” and then watching as the thief zerg of my victims would bee-line through whatever else was happening on the map to 2-spam the kitten out of me repeatedly.

I decided that I didn’t need the fan club and toned it down after that.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

I only make fun of heartseeker thiefs and 100bd warriors when i beat them. I go nerf (whatever class im playing)

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: MaxChaos.3825

MaxChaos.3825

And hs or 100bd is op because?

in PvP

Posted by: Mandra Madador.1709

Mandra Madador.1709

Its only op when the victim doesn’t move out of the way.
Which happens 95% of the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Intangible.1467

Intangible.1467

its the same thing since quake (jumping on ur body), or CS (humping it with the crouch button), or whatever game that has ever came out.

Its annoying sure, but its expected – its a competition.

Is it better to say GG and thats it? sure, but hey – not everyone likes to shake hands after a loss.

in PvP

Posted by: jukd.5679

jukd.5679

i find after winning 1v1’s and 2v2’s a gg or gf is actually more of a trigger for trash talking from those said victims than saying anything rude.

in PvP

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

Good attitudes get you far in life. You’re on the right track sir

in PvP

Posted by: Zipzo.6753

Zipzo.6753

i find after winning 1v1’s and 2v2’s a gg or gf is actually more of a trigger for trash talking from those said victims than saying anything rude.

That’s because “gg” automatically assumed to be sarcastic, and understandably so because of the general nature of the community (something this topic is about in the first place). “gg” has historically been used in a snarky context in gaming. You should know that.

“gf” will tend to be much better received, but even then, there’s no reason to say it anyway. It should just be assumed everyone is being a good sport about things unless they open their mouth about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

GG etiquette is weird.

Because you never know if you’re playing against one of those oldies who originally used it in the chess-inspired good sportsmanship way, or newer folks who are used to the sarcastic incarnations. Though, context helps, because no matter what side you’re on a faceroll is rarely a good anything.

But for more clarity you can put a modifier word after it to help identify the intended sentiment. For example ‘wp’ (for Well Played) can help you seem more genuine.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

If someone after a stomp is gloating, just remind them how much you love them. Regardless of how entertaining it may or may not be to you, they are looking for a reaction of anger. Give them enjoyment, and they stop immediately. Heck judging off of the results I think it gets in their head and bugs them.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: BobF.3509

BobF.3509

When someone is desperately using all their downed abilities while I have 90% hp and there’s no one else around, of course I’m gonna talk smack.

I like to say “accept death.”

The reactions I get range from the hilarious to the totally butthurt, and because I’m so amused I will continue this behavior.

I hope no one is mad.

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

I only like to tease the OP professions of the moment when I win an 1v1 against them.
Something on the lines of “all those illusions did you no good” or “stealth moar”.

I shouldn’t, but I get caught in the heat of battle and the adrenaline rush makes me an kitten.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in PvP

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

If you’re so excited about virtually killing another virtual avatar that you feel the need to talk smack, I honestly feel bad for you.

Some dude jacked up on his own ego was running around a map talking crazy smack today with things like, “lol stomped” and “lol youtube, sorry”.

Congratulations on being awesome at virtual combat. I bet you have to beat the ladies off with a stick.

in PvP

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

Trash talking is part of PVP. But you reap what you sow. I’ll gladly pick someone out and ruin their day every time I see them after they yap their trap when they got a chance to 3v1 me.

in PvP

Posted by: Qtin.6940

Qtin.6940

Trash talk gets you banned in league of legend
Seeing how butthurt this community is, I bet you there will soon be a report button for “harassement” or something. 24hours suspension incoming everytime you say noob or l2p è_é

in PvP

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

Trash talk gets you banned in league of legend
Seeing how butthurt this community is, I bet you there will soon be a report button for “harassement” or something. 24hours suspension incoming everytime you say noob or l2p è_é

Maybe they’ll turn on the forum “kitten” feature for spvp to make people look like tools while trying to trash talk.

Personally I would be fine if you couldn’t read chat across team in say or map chat, I don’t really care….although I would be sad to lose that back and forth respect you sometimes get between mature pvpers (however rare it may be).

in PvP

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

Easy way to talk trash to any class

step 1: pick a class
step 2: kill and stomp someone
step 3: reguardless of there class, tell them they need to use death shroud better :]

make sure you do this in map chat and not in say, watch the LoLs roll by

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

It’s just part of the general decline in respect, sportsmanship, and maturity of the population in gaming anymore (and in many other facets of life). People nowadays seem to idolize being a kitten and shun civilized behavior.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: DangerMonkey.3158

DangerMonkey.3158

I just spam /sit

Fear me! For I am the dangerous primate!
Rank 1X SneekyTheef (T), Wizzizard (M), Gerdierhn (G)
Builds:http://www.gw2builds.org/user/dangermonkey

in PvP

Posted by: BobF.3509

BobF.3509

People sound mad in this thread.

If you don’t want to be humiliated, then Do Better.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

The best is you down then you let them get back up and you kill them again lol

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>