Don´t do it - tpvp underwater

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

I see what you’re doing stop it, nobody wants underwater maps in rotation.
Every single person I’ve talked to has said if underwater maps get into rotation they’re quitting. My entire guild, pretty much my entire friends list, me, etc.

If you listen to your player base once, which probably means you’re just going to go ahead and do whatever the hell you want, DON’T DO IT.

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

Every single person I’ve talked to has said if underwater maps get into rotation they’re quitting. My entire guild, pretty much my entire friends list, me, etc.

If you listen to your player base once, which probably means you’re just going to go ahead and do whatever the hell you want, DON’T DO IT.

+1

in PvP

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Underwater fights are far too spammy. The entire system needs to be redone to be more strategic before its even considered as part of a competitive rotation.

in PvP

Posted by: FuVirus.6398

FuVirus.6398

Dont do it ANET! not in rotation DONT DO IT!

FuVirus Top 30 NA leaderboard/

Mesmer / Elemntalist / Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Anet has a long way to go before they make underwater combat fun and i think they know that.

One of the two declarations in that sentence was written by a kitten troll, can you guess witch?

Yea forcing us to play the alpha status underwater combat would be like stabbing this game in the back of the neck for the 23rd time. Im not sure its fair to say such a decision would kill anything… but I cant see any good comming of it.

in PvP

Posted by: KnarleyMarley.6937

KnarleyMarley.6937

I like underwater combat. It certainly could do with a bit of refinement, but I think it’s fun and it’s unique. I genuinely pick Capricorn when I get the chance on most of my toons. At the very least, when some larger things are focused first, I really would love to see underwater combat get some more attention <3. Especially underwater dodge thief, that kitten is kittening ridiculous!

in PvP

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Never for the love of any thing holy make us play on map with tons of underwater combat. I am not going into reasons why because i should not have to.

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

Never for the love of any thing holy make us play on map with tons of underwater combat. I am not going into reasons why because i should not have to.

One really should not have to, amen to that!

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i love underwater combat and always have. across ranger, necro and guard. i really hope they put it into tpvp. dont listen ANet!

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

Say NO to underwater combat!

Forever unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Underwater combat would be fine if we could harpoon someone to finish them once downed.

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I personally think Underwater maps could be cool. The combat style is largely unexplored by players, and underwater play has an almost completely different dynamic for some classes. For instance, Thieves trade their stealths for evades while underwater.
I’d say give it a test run.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in PvP

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Underwater combat very unbalanced, which is part of the reason why people hate it.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Much like downed state, underwater combat with unique underwater skills was a terrible idea, especially when you consider that they could have spent that effort creating a pool of selectable weapon skills for every weapon instead of the inflexible, narrow build choices we have now.

downed state is bad for PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

No underwater pvp please

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Agreed.

Leave underwater exploration for the PVEers.

No more underwater stuff in sPVP please.

in PvP

Posted by: Oniverse.5146

Oniverse.5146

To me underwater combat was amazing when exploring the world and doing quests, but every time “Raid on the Quitticorn” pops up I just leave the game and find another server with a map i like better.

in PvP

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

Underwater combat thrown into a tournament rotation will officially be the death of tpvp. 95% of tpvpers don’t want this, hopefully anet isn’t as blind to that fact as they are to everything else.

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Underwater just sux…..so NO.

in PvP

Posted by: Leki.8623

Leki.8623

+1 im quitting this game if they put Underwater T AHAHAAH for whats was state of gaming?

in PvP

Posted by: Dried Donkey.8504

Dried Donkey.8504

An uderwater PvP map is inevitable!…Embrace it! become one with it!

in PvP

Posted by: Yezhik.2071

Yezhik.2071

Seriously, please don’t implement underwater combat into tournament rotation.

Maybe, in another year or so, with the way things are going.

Yezhik – Guardian
VexX
www.vexxgaming.com

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I’m sure Anet realizes this, or else they would have added the underwater map to tpvp long time ago.

Also, skill buffs to underwater combat does not means “OMG tpvp will get water maps!!!11” It very simply means that the game, as a whole (exploration, dungeons, wvw maybe, spvp hotjoin) needed those changes, and they’ll probably keep improving it in the future, I hope.

in PvP

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

I’m sure Anet realizes this, or else they would have added the underwater map to tpvp long time ago.

Also, skill buffs to underwater combat does not means “OMG tpvp will get water maps!!!11” It very simply means that the game, as a whole (exploration, dungeons, wvw maybe, spvp hotjoin) needed those changes, and they’ll probably keep improving it in the future, I hope.

The frustration comes into play when they say we’re releasing a big pvp balance patch and you get half of the fixes to underwater combat once again.

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Aldizi.5671

Aldizi.5671

The frustration comes into play when they say we’re releasing a big pvp balance patch and you get half of the fixes to underwater combat once again.

\

Spot on khalifa

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I understand why the more competitive tpvp players don’t care about it, but balancing is not only about tpvp, even if that’s where it matters the most, and the underwater fixes were not only needed but will go a long way into making underwater content deeper and funnier for the majority of people that need to do it every once and then because of fractals dungeon/ pve exploration/ story progressing.

I’d say there’s a lot of goodies in this patch for tpvp, especially the downed state HP changes and the removal of build switching mid-battles, and of course, new traits to play with and see where they might go.