"Dont interrupt, we are dueling!"

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Since conquest mode doesnt appeal to me, the only reason I join HotM is to actively seek low pop servers and duel. Be it 1v1, or team 2v2, 3v3. If a server has 4 or lower players, most chances are is that they are dueling, practicing.

But we are constantly being interrupted by people joining our games to play conquest mode, and they barge in our duels and get cheap kills and that is very frustrating.

Arenanet, its been ages since we had a word from you regarding dueling, can you please tell us any news about it?

I know private servers are coming, but thats not the to-go solution for dueling, with all these friends rooms being private or passworded, how will I find people dueling in the future?

I really wish we had this open public place where we can invite people into duels. Or just let us duel like in WoW out there in the open (except cities). We all know the game is balanced around group play but thats not the point, we want to duel for practice, learning classes better, coach friends or just have fun without all that “hold this point” mechanic.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

The plan from the devs is eventually to have private servers and a dueling feature introduced. It’s not a matter of if, but when.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I hope dueling is introduced, would be interesting.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

The fact that players are actively trying to find ways to circumvent the restrictions of PvP should be reason enough to implement the features.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

The fact that players are actively trying to find ways to circumvent the restrictions of PvP should be reason even to implement the features.

pretty much, if players wants to have fun they should encourage it, not discourage it.
some people are not into it, but why opose the addition? after all its only optional, im not into pve much but I never complain when they add a new dungeon

in PvP

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

I hope dueling is introduced to the open world for multiple reasons. One being for the sake of near-infinite map variability.

It’s also a great way to pass the time if you’re waiting for someone to catch up, or LFGing, etc. I want to be able to simply /duel someone and get it over with in 5 minutes, instead of having to travel to the heart of the mists and finally getting to the action 15 minutes later.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I agree.

Maybe open world dueling that makes it so you cannot damage mobs but forces you into your pvp gear and build when accepting or challenging.

Or perhaps an activate able PK mode useable in mists and PvE (so people in PvE don’t change to possibly unmade builds and gear sets every time)

Duelists trying to get some game sense, RPers, WvW damage test and practice, all these people (good population majority) would all benefit from this.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

They wont make money from a dueling option like something you can do in open world, anywhere, so they will add private servers, which gets them money..

Yes it’s sad

in PvP

Posted by: EaGrimdarK.7849

EaGrimdarK.7849

I hope dueling is introduced, would be interesting.

Read the post literally above yours, then read what ANet says they plan on implementing as they say it.

Its been said that dueling/private servers are coming, why are people still talking about “hoping” these things will happen. Guys, you either need to learn to read threads you are posting in or stay up to date with what ANet is talking about.

If you are that upset at GW2 then you just look like an idiot for sticking around. -Bongwizard Slubs

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

They wont make money from a dueling option like something you can do in open world, anywhere, so they will add private servers, which gets them money..

Yes it’s sad

We don’t know this for sure. Have they said anything on scraping open world dueling? I think this arena thing is just an attempt to save their dying SPvP format.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

They have never mentioned scrapping the idea entirely, merely that certain other things would take priority over the feature implementation. That was awhile ago.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Dueling is great for killing time and would encourage people to hang out in the Mists.

It should not be put into a separate instance.

Just give us an expanded area in the back of the Mists where we can beat each other up. Maybe a mini-arena with some minor obstacles, nothing special.

in PvP

Posted by: Psycho.8217

Psycho.8217

+1 for duel system

Ex-R43 Ranger “P S Y C H Ó”
Current WvW Ele “P S Y C H O O O”

in PvP

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

yeah, i never thought about it until now but i hope Anet doesn’t think they can solve the dueling issue by simply introducing private servers? if anything this could kill the pvp scene, certainly kill accessibility – it’s fine for guilds who practice regularly etc, but there needs to be a way that random, casual players can just get together to duel without all the annoying bs we have to put up with in conquest maps.

Edit: spent a good few hours dueling tonight, and although people came in and interrupted too many times to count, many of them then joined the party; in private servers for pvp this will never happen, it definitely needs to be a dedicated game-type random people can join in order to build a community or no change at all.

(edited by Wanderer.5471)