Dont tpvp if you are bad.

in PvP

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

Basically the title.

Not trying to being a kitten, but honestly, if you’re something like rank 3 or you’ve never won a 1v1 or you’re a pver going for the daily or you dont know what class you’re even playing or you don’t even know the fundamental rules of the game or if you’re retrded.. stay out of tpvp please.

Tpvp is not like pve or hotjoins where you can carry the one or two newbs through a dungeon/match. Every single player plays a role and one mistake may lead to losing the match, let alone an afk or a trash that dies every 2 seconds.

Holycowow

in PvP

Posted by: Kuzletti.9175

Kuzletti.9175

Seems like someone’s upset over losing…

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

So… if your MMR is such that you are matched with people like this frequently enough to be upset to the point of making a post, the problem might not be the people you get matched with.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

This thread is going places.

Two options, really. If you are dead set on tryharding the leaderboards, never play solo queue on free trial weekends. All those trial accounts are flooding the MMR system, increasing your odds of getting paired with colossal gimps. The matchmaking is flimsy at the best of times, during free trials it just gives up and dies completely. Queuing now is leaderboard suicide.

The other option (and I would argue the sane option) is to do what 99% of the remaining PvP population has already done and embrace the game’s casual nature. There are hardly any serious teams left, and most if not all of the skilled players who are left play very casually without giving two kittens about the leaderboard. Let’s face it, the leaderboards are meaningless to the point that they may as well not exist at all. So queue away as long as the playing itself brings you enjoyment. Forget competition in this game, the game’s current state does not support it.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

If you hate getting put with bads, you probably shouldn’t solo queue.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Candar.8140

Candar.8140

Basically the title.

Not trying to being a kitten, but honestly, if you’re something like rank 3 or you’ve never won a 1v1 or you’re a pver going for the daily or you dont know what class you’re even playing or you don’t even know the fundamental rules of the game or if you’re retrded.. stay out of tpvp please.

Tpvp is not like pve or hotjoins where you can carry the one or two newbs through a dungeon/match. Every single player plays a role and one mistake may lead to losing the match, let alone an afk or a trash that dies every 2 seconds.

Well, it is my opinion that you lost the argument the moment you said "if you don’t even know the fundamental rules of the game or if you’re retrded.. stay out of tpvp ".

That statement is not only rude but also arrogant. I think you need to lighten up!! I can understand that you are frustrated, but the game is such that sometimes you will have inexperienced people in your team. So you got to ask yourself what are you doing as the most seasoned, god-lilke player. How about leading the team by getting the best out of them, boosting their confidence, etc? That’s the mark of a true leader rather than simply denegrading, throwing insults and stamping your feet in a pathetic tantrum.

(edited by Candar.8140)

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

You wouldn’t be queued with them if they weren’t at your level.

Just some food for thought before you go around insulting people.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

You wouldn’t be queued with them if they weren’t at your level.

Just some food for thought before you go around insulting people.

you know that’s not true. I’m not agreeing with OP, but you know matchmaking is far from perfect, let alone accurate…

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Lopez.7369

The matchmaking has problems, but the main issue is typically who it pairs you up against, not with.

If you’re below 70 or 60 percentile, you shouldn’t be surprised that you’re getting new players. You probably deserve them.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

The matchmaking has problems, but the main issue is typically who it pairs you up against, not with.

If you’re below 70 or 60 percentile, you shouldn’t be surprised that you’re getting new players. You probably deserve them.

when que pops take 5-10 minutes, you can be sure that ranking has nothing to do with it and it’s simply taking whoever is available at that time.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I think a good player/leader/commander can make up for the new ones and take responsibility on himself in defeat. But I can understand the feeling, and the reasons to be upset.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Dont tpvp

Fixed the title for you.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

you know OP, get 4 good players to carry you and go team queue if you don’t want to be queued with bad people.

in PvP

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I get frustrated with people who repeatedly do solo tPvP, even after I ask them where they are going, what the tactics are they don’t speak, then they just run around death matching it up while the opposition smash us too pieces and you wonder why people get frustrated.

Sure I expect that in hotjoins, but not in tPvP, I play tPvP because I want a higher quality of opponent, closer matches and I want to play with people who are there to win, not people who are to just run around not contributing anything at all.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

That is like pushing the blame onto the players instead of the ones who did the coding and made the broken system.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Playing tpvp is like driving a car in NYC. Everyone else is an idiot and you’re the perfect driver.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Basically the title.

Anet has already solved the problems of new players joining tPvP, they made : thief-warrior-necro to help “them” against more knowledgeable players

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Lol yes! Anet sure did! Inb4 warrior / thief / necro elite. You have no idea what you just started.

popcorn

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

So… if your MMR is such that you are matched with people like this frequently enough to be upset to the point of making a post, the problem might not be the people you get matched with.

im on 1st leaderboard page and still get paired with people that have no clue, for example engis who die vs bunker guards on legacy middle, well necros, pistol thieves and other stuff that is not viable

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

A rank 3 player will be just as helpful in a solo queue tourney—or more—than a rank 30 who has never stepped out of hotjoin. Solo queues are the best place to learn the game atm.

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

A rank 3 player will be just as helpful in a solo queue tourney—or more—than a rank 30 who has never stepped out of hotjoin. Solo queues are the best place to learn the game atm.

Nope. A rank 3 doesn’t know anything unfortunately.

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

Instead of being down on new people, explain to them as best you can what’s happening and why. You help them out some, maybe they take what you say into consideration next time. Don’t be a kitten.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

TPvP is the solo que of any other game.
If Anet released ‘ranked’ or ‘unranked’ play… then you could kitten at scrubs for playing ranked….

But Anet only has ranked and… zerg PvP… two entirely different play modes, not jsut levels of seriousness, play modes.
So shudup.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Nope. A rank 3 doesn’t know anything unfortunately.

Knowing nothing is better than what you “learn” in hotjoin sometimes. I was being completely serious. The first few months or so after launch that wasn’t true, because <r10 players often hadn’t even played PvE or WvW to at least know what their skills do. But now, a rank 3 player could very well be a competent player, and one who may even ask his teammates where he’s supposed to be.

I was merely trying to say that it’s good for low-rank players to try solo arena, because it will be more fun for many of them and they’ll learn much quicker, with no significant disadvantage vs. a higher ranked player trying tournaments for the first time.

in PvP

Lopez.7369

when que pops take 5-10 minutes, you can be sure that ranking has nothing to do with it and it’s simply taking whoever is available at that time.

Actually, the queue is taking that long exactly because it’s finding people at your level.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Actually, the queue is taking that long exactly because it’s finding people at your level.

Attempting to and actually doing are two entirely different things.

GW2 matching is almost as bad if not worse than pure random, yet it has the added… feature… of slowing down que times.

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

and who are u to demand such rules?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

A lot of people are familiar with the term of cognitive dissonance, but not that many are familiar with alternate theories. There are, in fact, many alternative theories…but let’s restrict our understanding to three alternate theories. The first is known as self-perception theory, which bases around the concept of there being no aversive arousal to trigger dissonance, and that attitude change is a result of looking at one’s actions and rationalizing our attitudes. Another theory is the impression management theory, which states that people change their cognition due to wanting to appear competent and kind. The last theory, which is probably the best one, is the self-affirmative theory, which states that people change their cognition not because of dissonance, but due to being honest and good people.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

What’s up with the elitist attitude? It’s a game and playing in a mode with no real rewards. Who cares if a r-whatever joins these players have to start somewhere.
Yeah a rank 3 doesn’t belong in an actual tournament such as the MLG invitational, but as far as soloq and teamq go… Don’t want to play with randoms? Form a proper team.