Double moa mesmers

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So when will this double moa mesmer madness nerfed? 1 Moa is already too OP enough and can be a game changer. But two moas in a half decent mesmer hand is way too OP.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

So when will this double moa mesmer madness nerfed? 1 Moa is already too OP enough and can be a game changer. But two moas in a half decent mesmer hand is way too OP.

If you can’t beat a Mesmer in the current meta you should quit. Double moa or no.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

If you can’t beat a Mesmer in the current meta you should quit. Double moa or no.

Are you playing mesmer?

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

Lol I don’t main mesmer and I agree with jak. Mesmer in this meta isn’t good enough to warrant nerfing. Also honestly grab well is better than Moa in my opinion. But yea even when I get moad which is very rarely, I still don’t die from it. Usually I just kite away and use terrain to avoid damage till I am back into the fray.

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

This really just means you play standing still wanting to just pure zero effort into killing someone.

Learn to dodge, learn to blind, learn to read one of the most obvious skill animations in the game… simply put, learn the game and not come to a forum and cry about something that has a lot of counter play.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I don’t think mesmers are an issue atm. Given double moa is cheesy as it gets but nerfing it won’t really change much.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Jak Shadow.2864

Are you playing mesmer?

I have about 3000 games on Mesmer, but win more as Druid with about 30 games. Mesmer is so bottom of the barrel I barely touch it any more. Druid, DH, Rev, DD are all better options with far less play. I haven’t even touched the filth that is Scrapper or Reaper which is every other class these days. Seriously dude – if you weep when you see a Mesmer on the other team you need to find a new game to play.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Lol! Mesmers are still great. Great team support with portals, moa and cc.

For example this build seems to be pretty common and doing well:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Chronophantasma_Shatter

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Yeah, it is decent but still far from any of the meta choices.
The best it can achieve is to compete for a spot with druid, daredevil, dragonhunter for the last spot on a team when the 5 different class rule gets enforced in ESL.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I really dont care if it can compete on ESL level. For the every day matches in ranked pvp it is more than good enough.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

PS: MESMERS ARE PORTAL BOTS. Every decent mesmer will have portal. It’s a curse.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: LunarRXA.5062

LunarRXA.5062

Mesmer is great when people communicate and you can make use of portal to help move people around the map or +1 fights. Unfortunately, if you’re letting a Mesmer setup the 2-3 clones/phantasms required for a continuum shift (which can be cast during Moa oddly enough) then you deserve teh Moa. As others have said there are much stronger classes atm. If anything this should just !!! the need to focus that Mes.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Mesmers are all running condi bullkitten that can 1v1 Scrappers and druids. Be with the time, mesmers isn’t bad.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I really dont care if it can compete on ESL level. For the every day matches in ranked pvp it is more than good enough.

It is even worse in ranked because of no coordination and failure to take advantage of portal and moa.

It is only good against bads who random dodges all day long and eat full shatters.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

It is even worse in ranked because of no coordination and failure to take advantage of portal and moa.

It is only good against bads who random dodges all day long and eat full shatters.

You can play vs coordinated groups if you soloQ. You can be put in the team of a 4man guild group and face another coordinate group. Happened several times to me so far this season

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nothing wrong with it.
working as intended.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I went with double time warp and the 2 sec plus duration

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

While you are at it, please also remove Moa from engineers. Moa is the most pathetic and disgusting skill in this game.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Jak Shadow.2864

While you are at it, please also remove Moa from engineers. Moa is the most pathetic and disgusting skill in this game.

Dude you just have got some odd priorities. There are a whole lot of problems with how OP scrappers are right now, but their brief Moa is hardly on the list of must fix issues.

If I see 2 scrappers on the enemy roster then I know things will be tough. Nothing makes me smile more than seeing 2 mesmers. Except perhaps 3 mesmers.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

its a good thing that mesmer is considering “bad” right now by the sheep crowd, having to deal with rev and scrapper is already difficult enough even without mesmers

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Jak Shadow.2864

its a good thing that mesmer is considering “bad” right now by the sheep crowd, having to deal with rev and scrapper is already difficult enough even without mesmers

Coming from a well-known Mesmerphobe like yourself, I will take that with a large dollop of salt.

Even if I am tempted to play Mesmer these days I switch to something else if there is even one thief on the other team. It is worse than the bad old days for that match-up – unless the thief is very bad of course……

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

From my experience, Mesmer moa is really not that powerful in normal pvp. In a 1v1 I can survive by just running away for a bit or if I need to stay on point, just evading whenever I see an attack coming. Sometimes I even try to stay in the fight and attack the Mesmer when I am in moa form if my health is high enough. Double moa isn’t much better than single moa either from my experience (they usually use all their cool downs on the first time you get turned into the moa).

In big team fights it can be powerful but that is if and only if you can get people to focus the moa which rarely happens in solo queue. If they do not focus you down/immobilise you to stop you from getting away, just use skill 5, a couple of dodges and maybe even skill 2 in moa form to get away and just wait it out until you go back to normal

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

(edited by suffish.4150)

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

PS: MESMERS ARE PORTAL BOTS. Every decent mesmer will have portal. It’s a curse.

Meanwhile, Warriors have nothing special. Why you still complaining?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

You should see elixer x. Aoe moa. But no it’s not OP its a risk to do that since you double its cooldown to do that. Just kite in moa form its pretty easy.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

I want 16k burst too!

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I want 16k burst too!

And your wish is granted. You mesmers now have 16k+ burst. Anything else you want to take away from warriors?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Ananeos.4587

I want 16k burst too!

And your wish is granted. You mesmers now have 16k+ burst. Anything else you want to take away from warriors?

Ooh ooh! How about our phantasms act like banners now?

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

I want 16k burst too!

if banners could attack and move around by themselves they would be phantasms

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I want 16k burst too!

oh man the image… why is it scary?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Ananeos.4587

I want 16k burst too!

Actually they would be more like guardian weapons.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I just had a match vs two scrappers and a double moa mesmer and it was unplayable. Tons of CC and every few seconds someone of my team was a moa. Especially the necro in our team got moad mostly.
How can skills like moa and slick shoes not be nerfed yet?

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

The problem with double moa is that it’s 20 seconds of being useless. That’s way too long, but at the same time, nerfing the duration without buffing the CD will just continue to put mesmers in a bad place. So I propose they cut the duration in half and make it a 90 second CD. That’ll make it easier to deal with double moa but also not totally nerf the skill. It’ll help make the passive effect a bit more accessible as well. Agree or disagree, 20 seconds is too long, 10 seconds is enough as long as the CD is cut in half as well.

Double moa mesmers

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

The skill should be outright banned from PvP and be replaced with something new. Even 1s of moa would be too long as long stability does not make you immune to it.