Down state = biggest fail ever

in PvP

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Edit: Made a mistake. :-p
However, still:
Remove downed state and rallying.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

(edited by Antiriad.7160)

in PvP

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

you only rally when you KILL ( finish ) an enemy. A enemy downed dont rally you.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

You don’t rally from putting someone into the downed state, you only rally from a finished kill (or random npcs if you are talking about WvWvW).

Downstate overall is fine, L2P

in PvP

Posted by: Zoriam.1857

Zoriam.1857

Before calling something a fail you really should learn how it works. Players do not rally by bringing other players into downed state, a rally only happens if an enemy player is defeated not downed. While there may be some points that the downed state could improve on, learn to play before posting unless you have a question.

in PvP

Posted by: BringBackMonks.7068

BringBackMonks.7068

I completely agree with the edited post. I despise downed state. Every single day I lose at least four or five 2v1 fights because the first guy I down gets right back up, usually because thieves don’t have cc. All it does, in my opinion, is reward the below average players and take away from the dedicated and skilled ones.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I lose at least four or five 2v1 fights because the first guy I down gets right back up, usually because thieves don’t have cc.

I don’t think that’s a coincidence.
edit: hey actually thieves have stealth stomp, what are you smoking man?

(edited by milo.6942)

in PvP

Posted by: metalsonic.2503

metalsonic.2503

I dislike it as well it doesn’t really seem to add much to the game though but it allows for some really interesting and skillful plays to be made in the downed state. It adds something more.

But please remove the annoying state underwater. Better yet remove raid on the crapricorn it’s the worst PvP map atm… mainly because I hate underwater and because Elementalist damage sustain and escapability is a laughing stock underwater. Why do you even spend resources on trying to balance underwater combat? I don’t really get the idea that many people really find it an enjoyable experience.

The other maps are pretty awesome, the new winter map is also cool. You did a good job at making it Arenanet!

in PvP

Posted by: Malicious.6742

Malicious.6742

I lose at least four or five 2v1 fights because the first guy I down gets right back up, usually because thieves don’t have cc.

I don’t think that’s a coincidence.
edit: hey actually thieves have stealth stomp, what are you smoking man?

Stealth stomp doesn’t make his stomp faster than the res. Downed state is fine, the res is just way too strong.