Down state

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

Am I t he only one that is getting sick and tired of the unballanced down states of some classes, and even downstate in PvP in general?
Every time I win a 2 v 1 I should be rewarded with the fact: hey you killed 2 people on your own nice job! But insted, oh yeah no were putting them in down state and if you’re unlucky its going to be a mesmer/warrior and they are gonna put so much damage on you you’ll die enyway….
Frankly, downstate stops the entire fast pace combat system from working in PvP.
Please tell me I’m not the only one?

PS don’t make the obvious it’s part of the game blahblahblah statements in the comments.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

you are not only one, but majority of players like it and even if they didnt, im not sure they would remove such a big part of the game just because its new and people are used to something else…

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19Q-VSpE0GtMpUKTI4yoLqNo8t6JoAuB3IOIylRc58kE/viewanalytics

360 responses isnt many, but 2:1 is quite big difference

(edited by MaXi.3642)

Down state

in PvP

LastHope.8127

you are not only one, but majority of players like it and even if they didnt, im not sure they would remove such a big part of the game just because its new and people are used to something else…

It’s not “new” enymore after almost a year… and it’s getting more anoying every day. It wouldn’t be an issue if every class had the same downstate.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

well, after 1 year in 1 game, its still NEW mechanic in the world of MMO RPGs which lasts more than 10 years…

and no, its not more annoying, its less annoying because people learned how to ged rid of it (blind, stability, stealth etc or just nuke profs with low hp)

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

They could make a mode that has no down state, I suppose. I dislike it myself. I have had occasions where I down 3 players before I immediately die due to the focused Down attacks.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

Down state

in PvP

LastHope.8127

I have had occasions where I down 3 players before I immediately die due to the focused Down attacks.

My point exactly.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Only problem is the “unlimited” rallying. Unlimited in regards to everything… no range and no max amount of players.

Down itself is good and needed since there are no healer classes(so you can rezz while someone is downed and not dead yet).

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

Only problem is the “unlimited” rallying. Unlimited in regards to everything… no range and no max amount of players.

Down itself is good and needed since there are no healer classes(so you can rezz while someone is downed and not dead yet).

Exactly. It’s stupid for 3 people to rally on 1 on enemy…

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I haven’t been playing sPvP that much yet… only r15.

I like the Down State idéa but just as OP I dislike the unbalanced Down State skills, I mainly play Engi and I can pull oponents towards me and interrupt them and if I am lucky I can detonate where I am.

Sure I can do lot’s of cool stuff like save a friend from getting stomped or so but having 2 or 3 players getting ready to stomp me and I am dead, while
-mesmers can teleport +clone, thieves can teleport and if lucky stealth and delay time even further,
-rangers(still their Down State is bad) can stun more than one and if they are lucky they can have their pet to revive them,
-Guardians have a shockwave and if they are lucky they can put a big reviving sign and revive themselfs and others if they are close(?).
-Necros can mass Fear and (From my PvE experience with my Necro I rather heal me with Skill 1 than skill 4 if I am getting bashed at), yea they can heal while being hit.

Not sure if it’s a ranger trait but underwater I have been fighting some rangers who have had their pet rez outheal my dps, so better take out the pet first if you get the ranger to Down State under water and while doing that the ranger can kill you or heal him/herself :P

I don’t think it is necessary to change it though.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

I actually lost quite a few 1vx fights because I accidently down a ranger first. A couple of bleeds/poison on them doesn’t keep them down because their pet is healing them while I focus on the others. So frustrating!

As for engi, we definitely need a change in our downed state, my suggestion:
Rocket boots on #2. It makes in on par with other downed states as: it prevents stomping AOE and it moves you.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Keyce.8137

Keyce.8137

Not sure if it’s a ranger trait but underwater I have been fighting some rangers who have had their pet rez outheal my dps, so better take out the pet first if you get the ranger to Down State under water and while doing that the ranger can kill you or heal him/herself :P

I don’t think it is necessary to change it though.

Yeah. As far as the ranger pet heal goes, it can generally overcome anything a single opponent can dish out, save a finisher move. I really wish they’d allow finishing moves to be used underwater, provided it had the same kill radius as the land one currently does.

Down state

in PvP

LastHope.8127

The following classes have an unfair advantage in downstate:
Mesmer
tons of damage, still summons adds for even more damage, can go invis+clone to stall time
Warrior
medium-high damage and obviously can get back up again and if specced into it will always win a down vs down state fight
Necro
high damage that leeches life, heavy aoe damage aoe fear to stall time

Thieves,Rangers,Guardians and Engineers are free kills if you dodge their throwdown

Eles are the only balanced downstate ones though anoying to stomp because of the timestall in mistform

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Hahaha lasthope are you kidding? Rangers downed state is the strongest one in game, you literally can interrupt it 5 times if you don’t have stability or mist form, or any form to enforce stomp really. Not to mention our pet rezzes us so you can’t DPS us down.

I don’t feel mesmers do a lot of damage while downed, specially since the game tells which one is the real one (which i think is completely kitten , then you can stomp pretty easily, necros fear isn’t AOE i think.

The balanced ones in my opinion are Guardian, Ele, Ranger, Necro and Engi (Only need to fix the bug where the pet rezzes you even if it’s dead). The warrior one needs a buff on throw hammer cast time, the mesmer needs the game to not tell which mesmer is the real one, and the thief needs a teleport range increase.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Down state balance is an issue, but some of your facts are a bit off.

Warrior is generally not very strong in down state (but is strong Down V Down if traited).

Necro’s downed fear is single target, not AoE and Necro does laughable damage with #1 unless traited(though it does heal it doesn’t even keep up with natural degen in down) and a power build.

Thieves get a teleport and stealth, so “free kill” is an overstatement, but they aren’t the best in downed either.

Rangers are basically immortal underwater, have access to pet skills in down (more rupts from more sources potentially) and can self heal faster than anyone else when down.

Winning 2v1 is very hard due to this mechanic, but it is 2v1. It should be hard. Currently I would say it is somewhat harder than it should be depending on the profession of the downed chars, but downed state probably isn’t going anywhere.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

They should make it so only 1 downed person can rally off a dead person.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Atlanis.6597

Atlanis.6597

What people seem to have a hard time grasping is that when you put someone in a down state, they aren’t dead. If there were no down state, they wouldn’t have been dead at that point. Rather, they’d be at around 10-15% HP. So the statements like “well I wouldve killed three people had there been no down state” are really inaccurate. It would’ve been more like “well i almost killed 3 people”. No change, really.

Don’t think of down state as a chance to come back from death. Think of it like a CC that you apply to them that requires their teammates to drop what they’re doing if they want to remove it.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

They should make it so only 1 downed person can rally off a dead person.

^^ This, + there should be a range on it, +1 downed in the range should rally regardless of if they damaged that stomp (stuff like thieves downing a guy, getting out of their LoS and subsequently getting downed/stomped by a team mate should rally that player)

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

Rangers have by far the best downed state. I think people forget that they can still command their pets and use the pet’s abilities while downed. If then enemy doesn’t have any stability or invulns, i can almost always rez myself in a 1v1 fight. Pull out the wolf and let him knock down the target and then fear him.

I think down-state is pretty balanced at the moment except maybe the warrior. The warrior 3 ability is awesome in downed v downed fights but it’s almost too risky to use in any other situation. You can’t cap points while using it and if you dont get a stomp off, you will die and rally all of the enemies that are downed.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Vandal

Then you might not be playing an engineer

Worse downed state ever.

@Atlantis

If we think like that, then they should really balance downed state skill.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I need an option to get into games that don’t have down states.
– Feelings of every engineer main

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I need an option to get into games that don’t have down states.
– Feelings of every main engineer

Quoted for truth.

The #1 in downed state of engineer is so weak, I don’t think I ever downed someone with it.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Down state

in PvP

LastHope.8127

Hahaha lasthope are you kidding? Rangers downed state is the strongest one in game, you literally can interrupt it 5 times if you don’t have stability or mist form, or any form to enforce stomp really. Not to mention our pet rezzes us so you can’t DPS us down.

I don’t feel mesmers do a lot of damage while downed, specially since the game tells which one is the real one (which i think is completely kitten , then you can stomp pretty easily, necros fear isn’t AOE i think.

The balanced ones in my opinion are Guardian, Ele, Ranger, Necro and Engi (Only need to fix the bug where the pet rezzes you even if it’s dead). The warrior one needs a buff on throw hammer cast time, the mesmer needs the game to not tell which mesmer is the real one, and the thief needs a teleport range increase.

Dodge roll their takedown, stomp before they start healing. Rangers always were and always will be a free kill to me, including when they are down (as a thief, not glass cannon, not condition)

Down state

in PvP

LastHope.8127

Down state balance is an issue, but some of your facts are a bit off.

Warrior is generally not very strong in down state (but is strong Down V Down if traited).

Necro’s downed fear is single target, not AoE and Necro does laughable damage with #1 unless traited(though it does heal it doesn’t even keep up with natural degen in down) and a power build.

Thieves get a teleport and stealth, so “free kill” is an overstatement, but they aren’t the best in downed either.

Rangers are basically immortal underwater, have access to pet skills in down (more rupts from more sources potentially) and can self heal faster than anyone else when down.

Winning 2v1 is very hard due to this mechanic, but it is 2v1. It should be hard. Currently I would say it is somewhat harder than it should be depending on the profession of the downed chars, but downed state probably isn’t going anywhere.

As a thief, I do what I’m designed for… killing a group of people (thank you for the signet boost Anet) but I have to run away and spam shortbow to kill them because I’m dead if there are 2 or more enemies of eny class but rangers

Down state

in PvP

LastHope.8127

Rangers have by far the best downed state. I think people forget that they can still command their pets and use the pet’s abilities while downed. If then enemy doesn’t have any stability or invulns, i can almost always rez myself in a 1v1 fight. Pull out the wolf and let him knock down the target and then fear him.

I think down-state is pretty balanced at the moment except maybe the warrior. The warrior 3 ability is awesome in downed v downed fights but it’s almost too risky to use in any other situation. You can’t cap points while using it and if you dont get a stomp off, you will die and rally all of the enemies that are downed.

As a thief that is not a glass cannon and I don’t do rediculous amounts of damage, rangers are still a free kill to me. I iether down them before they can use their pet skill or kill their pet (wich is bugged atm) before they can res.

I’ve played thief since release and I have never lost a fight against a ranger in 1v1 or 2v1. Regardless of what build I ran

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Downed state makes GW2 similar to chess. How you play durning down state is who determines whose going to win.

Cant tell you how many times in a 2v2 situation my teammate and I get someone down then my teammate goes down we start dpsing the other guy that’s downed because I go down moments later and then the other team guy that’s still alive is starting his finisher but HE DOESNT realize that his teammate is about to die and my teammate and I pop back up because we dps’ed the other downed guy and then we down the guy that was alive and we finish him.

Its all about chess and knowing what to do in situations to win, and if your too stubborn to rez your teammate that’s probably why you lose a lot of your fights.

Down state

in PvP

LastHope.8127

Downed state makes GW2 similar to chess. How you play durning down state is who determines whose going to win.

Cant tell you how many times in a 2v2 situation my teammate and I get someone down then my teammate goes down we start dpsing the other guy that’s downed because I go down moments later and then the other team guy that’s still alive is starting his finisher but HE DOESNT realize that his teammate is about to die and my teammate and I pop back up because we dps’ed the other downed guy and then we down the guy that was alive and we finish him.

Its all about chess and knowing what to do in situations to win, and if your too stubborn to rez your teammate that’s probably why you lose a lot of your fights.

Thieves generaly don’t roam with team mates this is how they are ment to work, and once downed are a free kill for most classes

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19Q-VSpE0GtMpUKTI4yoLqNo8t6JoAuB3IOIylRc58kE/viewanalytics

360 responses isnt many, but 2:1 is quite big difference

Of course the majority of people like it. People who didn’t like it stopped playing the game.

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Keyce.8137

Keyce.8137

Personally, I hate the downed state.

Every time I get sent on my behind in sPvP, in a group fight, I’m left for dead most of the time. The few people (and trust me, it is a very few people) who do try to rez me, often start when there’s an enemy already halfway through the finisher animation, which means I die anyways. I only hold leniency for people who try to revive me shortly after I witness a stealth-capable class disappear for a nigh-uninterruptable finisher. Then I can tell myself that they didn’t see the enemy that killed me.

When I see an ally get downed, I search for one of two possible solutions:

1.) CC anyone nearby my ally and then revive them. This includes blinds, dazes, stuns, knockbacks, etc., and can prevent enemy downed players from popping back up. Trust me!

2.) IF my ally is not being attacked by enemies, and the other team has a downed ally, I will target him/her for a finisher. Pop my ally back up.

I just get really irked when I see three or more people fully capable of dropping from the fight for five seconds to pick up a teammate to add to the damage output. Not all of them have to drop what they’re doing mind you, but one. One person can make a huge difference in a battle, especially if their actions lead to more firepower appearing on the field.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Reading this topic I can just say that this feels like one of those “this part of the game sucks cause it won’t let me feel I337 enough with mah super SOLOplay skills”. I always thought stuff similar to sPVP and tPV kitten upposed to be all about the team. On top of that the OP has demonstrated that he is uninformed about the down states of other classes so I cannot quite see how this can ever be taken seriously.

As an example he mentioned the aoe fear from a necro downed stated. That is a trait with a 90 second CD(enemies fear you when you go down). Necro down state has a single target fear with a 10 second CD, so yeah……

And seeing as the OP likes to go into theorycrafting discussions about his chances in 1v2 and 1v3 against supposedly noob oponents doesn’t really add any credibility since at first that is theorycrafting of a specific situation and second quite a silly one that again has this “this part of the game sucks cause it won’t let me feel I337 enough with mah super SOLOplay skills” smell to it.

(edited by Iceflame.5024)

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

I’m ok with downed state, even though as engineer I’m at a clear disadvantage. I would support everyone having the same abilities in downstate, or only able to interrupt one person. They seriously need to balance downed states

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Never been a fan, for slightly deeper reasons than just the balance of downed state abilities.

Down state

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Its boring when i get downed and have to spend a couple seconds getting beat up on before i can respawn already. Then a 20 second res timer and having to walk back on a class without a lot of swiftness..zzzz.

But even worse is that it makes spectating tournaments totally boring, imo. Isnt a healthbar what the people look at if they dont fully understand the game? It just sort of breaks the suspense because healthbars just pop back up, downed abilities are focused on making people waste their time even more, and everyone is locked into the same no-mobility channeled animation mini-game. We basically have all these skills to kill eachother but the real death comes from some animation shared by each class. How is this exciting exactly? Add in the obvious balance issues this causes because ANET cant design stuff, and i cant say i like it.

Just my opinion, downed wont ever change i think.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)