Downed Ranger Hacking?

Downed Ranger Hacking?

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Last week,

Nevermind, I must tell you first, how much I dislike players who stand at a distance, shoots arrows at you., the minute you get near them, they died. Okay, now that is out of the way.

There was this one Ranger who did just that, I Rapid Fire them while they are doing the same to my teammate, I then Point Blank Shot them off the high tower, I then “swoop” at them, they are downed, I started the finish move and low and behold, he teleported to another location, not far away, I thought fine, I will run over and restart the finish move and he will be dead, what do you know?!, he teleported again back up to the stairs from where I shot them down with Point Blank Shot.

What do you think? Hacked or not?

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Downed Ranger Hacking?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Either he had another ranger trying to rez him or he is lagging (ever seen swimming corpse effect xD?).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Downed Ranger Hacking?

in PvP

SweetPotato.7456

Either he had another ranger trying to rez him or he is lagging (ever seen swimming corpse effect xD?).

cannot be anohter ranger, theres only 1 ranger on the other team. what is this swimming corpse effect?

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Downed Ranger Hacking?

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Was there a Necro? Transfusion trait can teleport downed bodies.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Downed Ranger Hacking?

in PvP

SweetPotato.7456

Was there a Necro? Transfusion trait can teleport downed bodies.

They have necro on their team, but none that I notice near where the ranger teleported to, that #4 skill has 600 range and it teleport to the player executing it with a 40 second recharge, I can’t see how that could have happened.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Downed Ranger Hacking?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

cannot be anohter ranger, theres only 1 ranger on the other team. what is this swimming corpse effect?

When player is lagging and went down while moving or being knocked back, his corpse starts to basically swim around on the ground. Effectively his corpse is actually lying somewhere but issue is you get stomp promp only when you are next to visible corpse while physical location of the corpse is somewhere else. It is not a hack, it is just side effect of lag. They also can’t be rezzed by normal means but can be attacked by ranged attacks or you can use teleport skills to port to their actual location and just spam AA to finish them.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Downed Ranger Hacking?

in PvP

SweetPotato.7456

When player is lagging and went down while moving or being knocked back, his corpse starts to basically swim around on the ground. Effectively his corpse is actually lying somewhere but issue is you get stomp promp only when you are next to visible corpse while physical location of the corpse is somewhere else. It is not a hack, it is just side effect of lag. They also can’t be rezzed by normal means but can be attacked by ranged attacks or you can use teleport skills to port to their actual location and just spam AA to finish them.

I see what you mean, that is not the case. he teleported from location A to B like thief would, and I couldn’t complete the stomp because they are now at B, I went to B, started to stomp again, at the final moment, he ported again, up to the a platform on top of the tower. Its in battle of kyhlo.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Downed Ranger Hacking?

in PvP

Posted by: Kaburro.4712

Kaburro.4712

Downed Ranger Hacking?

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

If a player is lagging and out of range for a stomp, then the stomp wouldn’t have started. I’ve encountered this too and I’ve never had a stomp start and not complete when a player was not in the location I saw. Unfortunately, hacking can’t be ruled out either because Anet doesn’t do a kitten thing against them.