Downed State Rework

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

This is an issue due to the power creep. Res never power creeped with HoT. Resurrecting a team mate is almost a liability. I have watched a whole team go down just for trying to res a player. The resurrect traits aren’t enough either as they haven’t changed since the HoT powercreep happened.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

That thing should never been in put at all in Arena pvp since day 1 it was criticized 100000 times and they still have not remove it.

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I agree, downed state in pvp is plainly stupid. If they want to keep it in, they should rework it so the ressed player has only 5% HP and a special debuff which decreases damage dealt and received healing by 90% for 10 seconds. Or something of that sort. And if he gets downed again, he should die instantly. Getting downed shouldn’t work as a defensive and stalling tactic. And bring back faster stomping with quickness!!!!

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Right now I have 3 issues with it.
1) After res my team mate just dies again.
2) It is used to stall a point aka winning point without combat
3) It usually results in the death of the player doing the res.

In gw1 it was better because skills res not indefinite res,

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Sismis.5390

Wrong the thing should complete be removed.Once downed team risks to get killed.And if you die 1on1 or any other situation enemy is not going to finish you.He will just keep hitting you keeping you forever there.

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

It is true if you die off point they often just leave you to slowly die so they can stall. It really is a toxic mechanic that causes allot of frustration for the resurrector, the resurrected, and for the enemy of the res. It is just one of those things that annoys everyone. It is especially painful to go down and have to spend a few seconds sitting helpless before the inevitable finisher happens.

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: Dakeru.2783

Dakeru.2783

Some people today said the enemy team had a res bot – I had no idea what that was supposed to be.

At some point I’m locked in a 1:1 struggle with an enemy ranger and with some effort I brought him down. He was downed for maybe a second then he just vanished.

I’m not talking about stealth.
I’m not talking about someone ressing him.

He was instantly dead and vanished.

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

It is true if you die off point they often just leave you to slowly die so they can stall. It really is a toxic mechanic that causes allot of frustration for the resurrector, the resurrected, and for the enemy of the res. It is just one of those things that annoys everyone. It is especially painful to go down and have to spend a few seconds sitting helpless before the inevitable finisher happens.

sometimes its great. 1v1 we both go down at the same time and as a necro its a race to who kills who first. other times its me vs 2 and i down both of them only for one to finish me off while the other stuns me for trying to finish him and they both get up when im dead. as if me killing both of them wasnt enough. i get to do it again!

im bad at sarcasm

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: Madman.6912

Madman.6912

I dont understand the hate here, I personally think downed state is a great thing in pvp, it adds an extra layer to plain old boring pvp like it was in wow, that you actually have to finish off the opponent or gives you the chance to get teammates up, rally off them etc, it makes everything more interesting. Sure it is painful sometimes to lose because of it but you will also win because of it on occasion

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

If you have issues with reses or cleaving/stomping then you need to really l2p and get gud.

Its all about timing, if you see you teammate goin down, just be nearby him and ress just he going down, there is small gap of invurbality that you can ress within. Simple non traited stability res would do its thing possible when 1-2 people cleaving.

Resurrect traits is more than enough. Just look some esl or something, safe ressing is still pretty strong.

S tier. Engi res with gyro and all anti-projectile fields.
S tier. Rangers with pet ress and anti-projectile field.
S tier. Guardians with bubles and pushbacks with all projectile hate.

A tier. Thief with sr, and huge amount of stealthes that is basicly anti stomp mechanics.
A tier. Mesmer with anti projectile and possible stealth/invurablity on ress.
A tier. Ele projectile hate fields/shocking aura and mistform res.

B tier. Revenants with invurbality ress.
B tier. Lol even necro with transfusion would work.

B tier. Tactics trait line not really viable. High stability uptime with stances simple stability ress do its thing. Also there is some warriors still using warbanner, seen double even triple resses.

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It exists to prevent rampant ganking of casuals cause that’s what would happen if it was 100% removed. Maybe if they reworked stealth at the same time. Yes I am for removing downed state to some extent.

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

This is why its important to know when u can go for the rez or if u should cleave.
Just had a game when i arrive at point and had 2 team mates down but there was a guard and an ele cleaving them , i play necro and i started to cleave , to try to down the 2 of them since they were not full and i have no invuls to safe rez.
My team mates died and first thing the engi said was rez rez useless necro.
The engi was cava hes actualy an ok engi ,i was surprise how he coulnt see that going for the rez would get me almost insta killed, the thing is not every one understands when u should cleave or rez or even just run.
Many times i downed 2 or 3 players that ate trying to rez a player, because they are so blind in trying to rez that they all wipe causing a snowball efect.
I think the downstate its interesting if u know how to play around it.

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

This thread really is aimed at increasing the res/downing speed to account for powercreep not to delete res. Deleting res is kind of a side convo that rose up. Players need some kind of compensation for being unable to move or cast for 2 seconds when downing. Res also needs some compensation. I have played allot of thief this season and I can say it is horrible when I kill someone and get 100-0 trying to down them I don’t mind being interupted but if I’m downing I shouldn’t go from 17k hp to 0 that fast. It costs a player more hp to finish than to down a player that is the issue on one side. The other side is that it takes too many players to res a downed player. They cannot out res one thief’s damage right now and I have watched a whole team go down just trying to res one ally.

Knowing how res worked pre HoT I know it is not working as intended.

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Sismis.5390

If you have issues with reses or cleaving/stomping then you need to really l2p and get gud.

Its all about timing, if you see you teammate goin down, just be nearby him and ress just he going down, there is small gap of invurbality that you can ress within. Simple non traited stability res would do its thing possible when 1-2 people cleaving.

Resurrect traits is more than enough. Just look some esl or something, safe ressing is still pretty strong.

S tier. Engi res with gyro and all anti-projectile fields.
S tier. Rangers with pet ress and anti-projectile field.
S tier. Guardians with bubles and pushbacks with all projectile hate.

A tier. Thief with sr, and huge amount of stealthes that is basicly anti stomp mechanics.
A tier. Mesmer with anti projectile and possible stealth/invurablity on ress.
A tier. Ele projectile hate fields/shocking aura and mistform res.

B tier. Revenants with invurbality ress.
B tier. Lol even necro with transfusion would work.

B tier. Tactics trait line not really viable. High stability uptime with stances simple stability ress do its thing. Also there is some warriors still using warbanner, seen double even triple resses.

LEW!You know when i down somebody you think me and my friend when we get to play together or solo let that guy res?No i start hitting the downed player AOE and get free another kills and downing another players.You think that this PVE Downed state has to be in Arena PVP i think not.Arena PVP should be Gladiators Fight and no mercy or comebacks to encourage more TEAM-PLAY! What we currently NOT have is already to much holding hands and pushing towards the more casual play.And whole arena is a mess as it is solo players complaining about MM while there is 0 Teamplay.

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

This is an issue due to the power creep. Res never power creeped with HoT. Resurrecting a team mate is almost a liability. I have watched a whole team go down just for trying to res a player. The resurrect traits aren’t enough either as they haven’t changed since the HoT powercreep happened.

Rezz potential is broken, we playing the same game? Good luck trying to cleave an engi+druid rezz with your whole team.

M I L K B O I S

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I dont understand this thread,

rezzing is a huge aspect of the game. Its one of the great game changers on a good team (balanced) where a player can have a huge impact by simply running 1-2 different traits.

Like having a mesmer with the increased 10% rez rate, a ranger and the engy with teh gyro. Ive had games where players are instantly picked up once they went down.

Downed State Rework

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Rework downstate. No down skills. If you go down you are helpless till dead and then you autorespawn (the timer counts afterwards, so you get your time penalty in the base). Same for WvW just no time penalty and i would double down HP. Out of combat you start to heal up like bandage.