Downed State....again

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

Yup, it is very lame in PvP…

some suggestions…

only make it possible when you die from a bleed, or poison etc…not from being nuked down by ten people. That is just stupid.

Take away class abilities when you are down…

Make it earn huge amounts of glory when you kill a person while downed

Otherwise, just give me a suicide button so I do not have to wait out the stupid animation, I would rather just go to spawn time.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

This one time I can agree with you (disagreed on Arenas). DS is a god awful burden that is dragging GW2 PvP down.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Mine Laces.7108

Mine Laces.7108

I still hope there will be private server where admin could possibly remove it by options.

“Smashing doors at 5am … fun fun fun fun fun” Rebecca Black

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yes, the downed state is beyond lame in sPvP. It works in WvW and PvE but in sPvP it just leads to absurd situations.

It also takes ages to respawn. 15 seconds downed state + 20 seconds respawn timer….are not fun (only happens sometimes).

If they must keep it, give all downed abilities a 8 second cooldown upon dropping and make the execute animation play twice as fast. That way it should be way easier to finish someone off while still allowing those to recover who have been abandoned or forgotten.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Downed state makes sense when you’re in a good team. If you’re dying alone constantly then yes, it probably seems pointless.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

I love the downed state. Except when I play an Ele, that needs to be checked. The downed state metagame in tournament games is incredibly engaging and fulfilling. Just because you downed someone doesn’t mean squat unless you can secure the kill.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Ned Wiki.4691

Ned Wiki.4691

Anet is never getting rid of downed state.

Downed State is a VERY important phase of combat for high level play.

If you can’t learn to deal with it than go play WoW or something.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Sivii.2749

Sivii.2749

Absolutely hate downed state & think it has no place in PvP.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

E-Sport players seems to like it, since it adds teamplay, and it can turn the battle around. Since this is what the game is about, teamplay, not running around solo and think you can own the whole map yourself.

Support your allies, help them rally, or revive them,

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: KansasFF.9410

KansasFF.9410

“It also takes ages to respawn. 15 seconds downed state + 20 seconds respawn timer….are not fun (only happens sometimes).”

Spawns are every 20s (on the game clock). It’s completely independent of your actual death time. Pay attention to the clock, and you can make the correct decision on trying to stay alive vs dying. It’s also useful to make an opponent have a full 20s respawn, if you leave them up just a few seconds longer.

As Farzo said, its great in tPVP, and adds to the teamplay mechanic.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

You’d rather go straight to respawn than having you’re team be able to get you back up? By the way you are complaining, I’m guessing that you run solo a lot, so when you get downed, you think it is a waste of time since you don’t work with your team at all so you have no chance of getting back up. I’m sure others will give you the awesomeness of the down state, so I’ll leave that to them.

When I know an enemy is alone and I down him, I don’t finish him. I just let him bleed out so he is out of the fight longer

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Downed state is vital for making the game more team-based and interesting. If you are a solo hero who never revives anyone else then yes it probably seems pointless…but the problem is you, not the game.

edit: There are some issues with it though. It feels like pet usage while downed hasn’t been totally thought out and leads to sometimes unintended consequences, particularly with mesmers who don’t really even care if they are downed because their pets will kill you in the time it takes to channel a killing blow.

They probably need to make pets stop doing significant damage when you are downed. Making them despawn completely would be overly punitive in team play where there’s a good change of getting revived, but lowering their damage to 0-10% of their normal damage would be a good compromise.

(edited by Yukishiro.8792)

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: clik.5409

clik.5409

Downed state is different, that doesn’t mean it has no place in the game. If you aren’t used to the system or don’t understand it, that doesn’t mean it’s bad. Stop being so small minded simply because no other games pvp does this. Take this approach instead, when you down a player the fight isn’t actually over until you stomp them. There is a number of ways to go about this. Bleeding them out, or just simply bashing on their skull until they are actually dead. Using stability against warriors/guardians/necros/engis so they can’t interrupt your stomp etc.

On a different note though some down states seem to be a little more powerful than others. Not sure if this is intended or a design flaw.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

The problem is not exactly the downed state, the idea is cool, the problem is that some professions have stupid skills that make you take more time to finish then than you took to kill it.

In WvW it is also quite annoying when you kill a Thief and he just teleport far away at least twice.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: clik.5409

clik.5409

The problem is not exactly the downed state, the idea is cool, the problem is that some professions have stupid skills that make you take more time to finish then than you took to kill it.

In WvW it is also quite annoying when you kill a Thief and he just teleport far away at least twice.

It’s actually probably quicker to just bash the Thief into death than actually stomping him a lot of the times, unless you have a 1v1-2 with him and not much else around. He’ll teleport but he can’t go that far, and if he stealths just keep swinging in the area he went invis and you’ll continue to do damage.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

Downed state is fine. It adds tactics to the game beyond just ‘kill everyone’.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Etang.2980

Etang.2980

I really wish they would just remove it. Or at least give us an option to play without it. It’s so bad.

Downed State....again

in PvP

milo.6942

Etang, there are a couple L2P threads about downed state you should read.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Downed state is fine. It adds tactics to the game beyond just ‘kill everyone’.

Yeah, it adds the tactic of trying to keep enemy players “downed” so theydon’t respawn that quickly.

That really doesn’t speak in favor of it.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Etang.2980

Etang, there are a couple L2P threads about downed state you should read.

Man I do just fine, top player in pugs and tourneys alike. Downed state is still nothing more than a care bear saving feature.

They say it’s in the game to help mitigate teams just bursting down one player, yet teams can still easily burst down one player.

It doesn’t serve it’s original purpose, therefore there is no reason for it to be in the game.

All it does is make sPvP a zergfest cause everyone is too afraid to do anything alone.

Downed State....again

in PvP

milo.6942

You’re completely forgetting it’s the reason we don’t see x5 thief teams.

Also I’d hate to be downed near you, can’t expect you’d try to get me up.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Etang.2980

You assume alot. Of course I would get you up. Not like it’s possibel to win without help in this game.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I think they should either remove it or give everyone the same downed state abilities as some are far superior to others. Mesmer and Thief.. cough.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: BobF.3509

BobF.3509

Down state is essential to high-level play, giving this game layers of depth similar to our ability to dodge incoming attacks. Even FPS games have this feature (Last Stand anyone?) so facerollers are the only people complaining about this feature.

I DO agree that the classes need adjustment on their downed state abilities, they are not balanced across the board, imo, for some of the utility available.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Beleriand.6410

Beleriand.6410

Yes….Please take out downed state in sPVP, or make every profession have the same exact downed state abilities. But TAKING OUT WOULD BE BEST!#!#!@#

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

I just dislike the self-revive feature, really. Get rid of that and the rest of the downed skills become less of a problem. You won’t be forced into stomping a player unless his teammates are going to revive him. Even out downed skills, get rid of self-revive and I think a lot of people will at least stop hating the system.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Aginor.3490

Aginor.3490

They should remove it or make downed states for all classes the same… say like that of an elementalist, cause when your down your dead. If they take to long to finish you off and you go into vapor form they just follow you then finish you off once vapor form ends.

Downed State....again

in PvP

Posted by: Vecna.8197

Vecna.8197

What should happen is Arenanet should take out the 2nd skill ability. (the interrupt ability) That is what is slowing everything down every time. Your team mates should be able to interrupt someones killing blow not you everytime. It’s like every time I want to kill someone I know he will interrupt me and it will take another killing blow animation to kill him. This is what is irritating me. Yes have downed states for your reasons but make it go quicker in spvp battles. So you will have teams that focus on kill players quickly but also teams that will prevent that from happening. No the only thing you do is spam number 2 ability he doesn’t get to kill you and you only die 5 seconds later. Which drags things out unnecessary.